Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

View Poll Results: What are your feelings about Front Sight?
Great Training for Beginners Only. 88 8.33%
Great Training Beginner and Advanced. 696 65.85%
The Quality of Training is Going Down Hill. 24 2.27%
I paid too much for my Membership! 47 4.45%
They will go out of business this year! 31 2.93%
Don't want anything to do with them! 171 16.18%
Voters: 1057. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2021, 12:16 PM
CGN Contributor

The targets in marksmanship have known sizes and some have 1in grids. The spacing of the circles is deliberate and are of known measurements.
Old 11-26-2021, 1:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodralig View Post

Bad timing on my part... If I waited a bit longer to upgrade. That is a plus 8...!?! Bring family and friends!

Seemingly did not work for #President as per my dashboard in My Front Sight.

This is confusing...

Now that My Front Sight is seemingly up - I find that I am now a "Founder." I would think that based on the above charts, a President would have been upgraded to Knight. Otherwise, I lose private training...?

I called up Concierge (Wyatt?). They could still see that I have private training...

It would seem that rather than a 'membership level,' #President is considered a supplement. Thus I was not upgraded to Knight but to Founder like my wife and boys who were coming from Diamond.

When I asked about that supplement - they said that they are still working through kinks/fixes in the upgrade, and may take some time to sort out.

_
I wonder if they'd let you upgrade to Knight for the previous promo price if you called them up and said your pull the trigger if they'd honor the promo price?

I'm not a Knight (was a commander that just got upgraded to Founder, but don't really see any real difference between the two). Considered it, but just can't justify the cost of the upgrade, even if it is reasonable. In the year and a half I've been a member and had the Commander membership I've got more than my money's worth out of that membership and have no complaints.
Old 11-26-2021, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Boombatz View Post
I wonder if they'd let you upgrade to Knight for the previous promo price if you called them up and said your pull the trigger if they'd honor the promo price?

I'm not a Knight (was a commander that just got upgraded to Founder, but don't really see any real difference between the two). Considered it, but just can't justify the cost of the upgrade, even if it is reasonable. In the year and a half I've been a member and had the Commander membership I've got more than my money's worth out of that membership and have no complaints.
I'd be very interested in knowing that as well. I've been waffling on getting a membership with private training. If they'd honor that price I'd likely pull the trigger (/pun/) on it, I didn't see the emails about the upgrade at that price since I send them straight to the round file.

I see there were some changes with the recent upgrades to people's TBD's and some trade-in's on the timeshares being returned to people. If this has changed some people's positions and they've got a Knight membership they're interested in selling I'd be interested in chatting.
Old 11-26-2021, 6:15 PM
Veteran Member

I think the moving up of memberships is to consolidate them as there a ton of different memberships out there. It also does allows him to start selling other levels.
I was a President but now I am a founder. Thought the President was higher than a Founder. My memberships did go up from patriots so minor benefit.
Old 11-26-2021, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen_B View Post
Anyone know where Diamond lives in the membership hierarchy? I’d be disappointed if this free “upgrade” now has a restricted class list.
I'm in the same boat, my Diamond was converted to Founding.
Old 11-26-2021, 8:42 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Nah... Can't justify paying for double. I paid almost the same when I upgraded from Diamond to President. Hence, my comment that if I waited longer...

Quote:
I'm not a Knight (was a commander that just got upgraded to Founder, but don't really see any real difference between the two). Considered it, but just can't justify the cost of the upgrade, even if it is reasonable.
I would remember asking a few questions in this forum regarding the value of the President membership. At the very least, at least for me - it allows me to have training outside the standard curriculum, ie., working of specific areas I would like additional focus on. Then, the time value - due to other priorities and responsibilities, heading out to FS even for a 2-day class is a challenge. Having private training allows me to go through say a standard curriculum class in half the time or less (as from what I have heard from their Private Training Concierge).

_
Old 11-26-2021, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
Some buddies of mine and I might be going to Las Vegas a little after New Year's. I'm interested in gifting them some 4-day certificates and bringing them to front sight, but 4 days is a lot of time commitment. Any thoughts on starting a 4 day class but skipping out after the second day?
Called concierge, concierge said they'd work with me. But.......

In light of the new upgrade(s) Ziggy rolled out, might upgrade to Knight. I went from Diamond to Founder, so if Knight is the top level and free then why not?

How does the private training + guests work? Do guests still have to get a myfrontsight.com account and subject themselves to all the marketing emails? If I want a particular course on a weekend it's not scheduled, does the private training get the course?
Old 11-26-2021, 10:42 PM
Veteran Member

Only founders before 11/24 can apply is my understanding.

Last edited by damon1272; 11-26-2021 at 10:46 PM..
Old 11-27-2021, 10:59 AM

so this is me now. I was a Heritage with President 3. I got the president in that name your deal offer. It was when you could send Dr. P. an email saying I want this and will pay that. I traded in a bunch of tbd certs and memberships for my condo week. Now it looks like I got them all back and upgraded. My account is going to look crazy when the site comes back up.

NOTE: If you are a Heritage Member, who secured Vacation Club Villa reservations, I am placing all the memberships, certificates, and credits you traded in to reserve your Vacation Club Villa reservations BACK into your account AND ALLOWING YOU TO KEEP YOUR RESERVATIONS IN PLACE. That's right! You are being upgraded to Founder, a higher level membership and you now have essentially secured your Villa reservations for FREE. The TBD memberships you traded in will be back in your account to receive the TBD membership upgrades I have outlined
Old 11-27-2021, 11:27 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
Called concierge, concierge said they'd work with me. But.......

In light of the new upgrade(s) Ziggy rolled out, might upgrade to Knight. I went from Diamond to Founder, so if Knight is the top level and free then why not?

How does the private training + guests work? Do guests still have to get a myfrontsight.com account and subject themselves to all the marketing emails? If I want a particular course on a weekend it's not scheduled, does the private training get the course?
I have not had any private training, yet. Was planning to... Until COVID hit and everything went awry. My first one has been scheduled for the 1st week of Feb. A 2-day refresher/practice for practical rifle/shotgun; and a 1-day "experience" of the HCMP (I don't have time to head out for the 4-day).

From my conversation with the concierge - you can usually get any course/class on the menu + some customization, etc. except for those that are difficult to setup like the ATHG.

As for guests - I don't know how that works. I only have "1" (myself).

If you could search through the thread - there has been several conversations on the value of the private training "supplement" (as what they now call it).

There a few members here that regularly go for Private training. Good to post your questions?

_
Old 11-27-2021, 3:56 PM

All of my memberships were converted to Knight. I'm not sure what they are worth now that the supply has been increased significantly. Honestly, I'm not sure I want to transfer any since it's just going to have more and more people competing for private training.
Old 11-27-2021, 4:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbruin View Post
All of my memberships were converted to Knight. I'm not sure what they are worth now that the supply has been increased significantly. Honestly, I'm not sure I want to transfer any since it's just going to have more and more people competing for private training.
I wondered about this. Seems like that was a nice option for the few that had that membership and was truly an elite membership level, but now that a crap load of people are now Knights, it does seem to take some of the allure and benefit down a few notches. Still seems liek a very nice membership to have. Before the change/upgrade I really had no complaints with my Commander membership.
Old 11-27-2021, 4:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
Congrats, LCU1670!

Remember, the difference of living in FL is just the amount of time it takes to fly over.

Will you have any Knights with 1-2 private training? It still costs $500 paid to FS to upgrade, right?
Thanks, can't check my account yet, but my wife and I should have a lot of TBD Knights available, don't know at what level these will be? its been awhile, since I did any of that, so I don't know if/what upgrade costs are.

Knight of Front Sight
Gold Star Member
Old 11-27-2021, 4:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
With the current promotion is a RIA 1911, the sword and I also believe the private classes are also included.
probably no

Knight of Front Sight
Gold Star Member
Old 11-27-2021, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCU1670 View Post
probably no
If you paid the $1,997 to upgrade to a Knight that they were promoting recently all of those things (RIA 1911, sword & shield) were included.
Old 11-27-2021, 6:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
If you paid the $1,997 to upgrade to a Knight that they were promoting recently all of those things (RIA 1911, sword & shield) were included.
That's a good deal, that means my wife and I really got screwed, and now Knights are nothing more than the 10+ memberships levels we previously owned over the past decades.

Knight of Front Sight
Gold Star Member
Old 11-27-2021, 7:39 PM

Quote:
If it turns out true that all these "new Knights" can get private training then, this just busted having a Knight. It already takes a 6 month advance reservation for privates.

Old 11-27-2021, 7:46 PM

I happen to work for a world-wide company and my little joke to all my co-workers is: "If it's the wrong thing to do then, (our company) will do it".

I really feel now that Dr. P has screwed the pooch. He already diluted the market with the millions of class certificates and Diamond membeships out there but now, he just diluted the "supposed" highest level of membership by upgrading all these memberships to Knight.

Old 11-28-2021, 2:21 AM

Sounds like a former company I worked for. Their unsaid motto was “There’s NEVER enough money to do this years project right, but there’s ALWAYS enough money to re-do it next year.” Time and time again, year after penny pinching year.

Piazza squeezed more blood out of his Knights by getting a few dozen to pony up $10K more for the Round Table club. An extra level basically. By adding hundreds more he can find a few more to squeeze $10K or more even $20K out of every couple years until he finally gets his core group of rich guys to take over. That’s my take anyway.
Old 11-28-2021, 4:45 AM
Veteran Member

So reading the founder membership I and my sons should have private training avaible? Had a president +1 membership prior to the change.
Old 11-28-2021, 7:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon1272 View Post
So reading the founder membership I and my sons should have private training avaible? Had a president +1 membership prior to the change.
You were a President and now are Founder? You can check online - the website is back up. I don’t know much about the levels, but shouldn’t you be Knight? I assume with private training.

Have they split off private training as a supplemental add-on?
Old 11-28-2021, 9:51 AM

It doesn't take 6 months. I've been able to schedule every private with 30-day notice.
Old 11-28-2021, 9:52 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
You were a President and now are Founder? You can check online - the website is back up. I don’t know much about the levels, but shouldn’t you be Knight? I assume with private training.

Have they split off private training as a supplemental add-on?
Yes, President is a supplement. You retain those privileges with you upgraded membership . . . discussed in the original message.
Old 11-28-2021, 9:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by damon1272 View Post
If you all had the President+1 before the upgrade, you will retain it.
Old 11-28-2021, 9:56 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolvoWrench View Post
If it turns out true that all these "new Knights" can get private training then, this just busted having a Knight. It already takes a 6 month advance reservation for privates.
Quite a few of the new Knights already have access to private training.
Old 11-28-2021, 9:58 AM

I wonder what the breakdown is after all the changes/upgrades are made to everyone’s membership. What percentage are Knights, Founders, etc. would be interesting to see the numbers.
Old 11-28-2021, 10:08 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
It doesn't take 6 months. I've been able to schedule every private with 30-day notice.
Depends a lot on what you are trying to schedule, especially during peak periods.
Old 11-28-2021, 5:10 PM
Veteran Member

AA Shooter. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 11-29-2021, 12:42 PM

Can anyone who's upgraded to Knight and received the RIA 1911 give any feedback on the firearm? What are your impressions of it? Have any pictures of yours?
Old 11-29-2021, 1:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
FrontSight claims you just need a month's notice to schedule the private training.

"Orwell was an Optimist" - Cali-Glock
"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds

Freedom Week: March 29-April 6, 2019 // Freedom Day: April 23-24, 2020 - Thank you, Judge Benitez!
NRA - Endowment Member // CRPA - Life Member (Disclaimer: Everything I write is fiction. I am just here to try out ideas for my to-be-written great-American-novel.)
Old 11-29-2021, 1:56 PM

Quote:
Can anyone who's upgraded to Knight and received the RIA 1911 give any feedback on the firearm? What are your impressions of it? Have any pictures of yours?
How can anyone in CA receive that handgun? Isn't it not on the CA "safe handgun" roster?
Old 11-29-2021, 2:01 PM

Quote:
How can anyone in CA receive that handgun? Isn't it not on the CA "safe handgun" roster?
That's a great point. Aren't there RIA 1911's that are on roster? perhaps it's one of the ones that are on roster?
Old 11-29-2021, 2:46 PM

I don't see any RIA made on the list, but there are some RIA models made by Armscor Precision. Maybe the FS pistol is one of these standard models, and the engraving is cosmetic enough not to trigger a model change.

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/certified-handguns/search
Old 11-29-2021, 3:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

So my prior membership (Ambassador) said this:

Quote:
ALLOWS YOU TO ATTEND ANY COURSE HELD AT ANY FRONT SIGHT LOCATION INCLUDING NEVADA, ALASKA, AND ANY OTHER FACILITIES OR LOCATIONS WE CREATE IN THE FUTURE. ATTEND AS OFTEN AS YOU WISH AND AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WISH FREE OF CHARGE...

Attend ALL of these courses...

2 Day Defensive Handgun, 4 Day Defensive Handgun, 1 Day 30 State Concealed Weapon Permit, 2 Day Handgun Skill Builder, 2 Day Tactical Handgun, 2 Day Advanced Tactical Handgun, 2 Day Handgun Combat Master Prep®, 4 Day Handgun Combat Master Prep®, 1 Day Tactical Awareness , (Night) 2 Day Defensive Handgun, (Night) 4 Day Defensive Handgun, (Night) 2 Day Handgun Skill Builder, (Night) 2 Day Tactical Handgun, 2 Day Tactical Shotgun, 4 Day Tactical Shotgun, 2 Day Shotgun Skill Builder, (Night) 2 Day Tactical Shotgun, (Night) 4 Day Tactical Shotgun, (Night) 2 Day Shotgun Skill Builder, 2 Day Practical Rifle, 4 Day Practical Rifle, 2 Day Rifle Skill Builder, 4 Day Precision Rifle, 1 Day Precision Rifle Fundamentals, 2 Day Precision Rifle Skill Builder, 2 Day Rifle Marksmanship, 4 Day Rifle Marksmanship, 2-Day Rifle Marksmanship Skill Builder, (Night) 2 Day Practical Rifle, (Night) 4 Day Practical Rifle, (Night) 2 Day Rifle Skill Builder, 2 Day Uzi Submachine Gun, 4 Day Uzi Submachine Gun, 2 Day Select Fire M16, 4 Day Select Fire M16, (Night) 2 Day Uzi Submachine Gun, (Night) 4 Day Uzi Submachine Gun, (Night) 2 Day Select Fire M16, (Night) 4 Day Select Fire M16, 2 Day Tactical Scenarios, 2 Day Long Gun Tactical, 4 Day Advanced Integrated Weapons, 4 Day Four Weapon Tactical, 4 Day Four Weapons Combat Master Prep®, 1 Day Armorer's Course - 1911 Pistol, 1 Day Armorer's Course - Glock Pistol, 1 Day Armorer's Course - Springfield XD Pistol, 1 Day Armorer's Course - AR15 Rifle, Rope & Rappel, 2 Day Rope & Rappel, 4 Day Rope & Rappel, 2 Day Rope & Rappel Skill Builder, Martial Arts Training, 2 Day Empty Hand Defense, 2 Day Empty Hand Defense (Night), 2 Day Edged Weapons, 2 Day Edged Weapons (Night), 4 Day Advanced Martial Arts, Family Safe Forever, 2 Day Children's and Youth Safety, 2 Day Children's and Youth Safety (Night), 4 Day Children's and Youth Achievement Camp, 4 Day Children's and Youth Achievement Camp (Night), 5-Day Front Sight Instructor Development Course

and any other courses we develop in the future
Now the Founder Membership say this:

Quote:
As a Front Sight Founder Lifetime Member you can attend ANY and ALL regularly scheduled Front Sight Courses Free of Charge at ANY and ALL Front Sight facilities now and any facilities we develop or purchase in the future...

Attend ALL of these courses...

2 Day Defensive Handgun, 4 Day Defensive Handgun, 1 Day 30 State Concealed Weapon Permit, 2 Day Handgun Skill Builder, 2 Day Tactical Handgun, 2 Day Advanced Tactical Handgun, 2 Day Handgun Combat Master Prep®, 4 Day Handgun Combat Master Prep®, 1 Day Tactical Awareness , (Night) 2 Day Defensive Handgun, (Night) 4 Day Defensive Handgun, (Night) 2 Day Handgun Skill Builder, (Night) 2 Day Tactical Handgun, 2 Day Tactical Shotgun, 4 Day Tactical Shotgun, 2 Day Shotgun Skill Builder, (Night) 2 Day Tactical Shotgun, (Night) 4 Day Tactical Shotgun, (Night) 2 Day Shotgun Skill Builder, 2 Day Practical Rifle, 4 Day Practical Rifle, 2 Day Rifle Skill Builder, 4 Day Precision Rifle, 1 Day Precision Rifle Fundamentals, 2 Day Precision Rifle Skill Builder, 2 Day Rifle Marksmanship, 4 Day Rifle Marksmanship, 2-Day Rifle Marksmanship Skill Builder, (Night) 2 Day Practical Rifle, (Night) 4 Day Practical Rifle, (Night) 2 Day Rifle Skill Builder, 2 Day Uzi Submachine Gun, 4 Day Uzi Submachine Gun, 2 Day Select Fire M16, 4 Day Select Fire M16, (Night) 2 Day Uzi Submachine Gun, (Night) 4 Day Uzi Submachine Gun, (Night) 2 Day Select Fire M16, (Night) 4 Day Select Fire M16, 2 Day Tactical Scenarios, 2 Day Long Gun Tactical, 4 Day Advanced Integrated Weapons, 4 Day Four Weapon Tactical, 4 Day Four Weapons Combat Master Prep®, 1 Day Armorer's Course - 1911 Pistol, 1 Day Armorer's Course - Glock Pistol, 1 Day Armorer's Course - Springfield XD Pistol, 1 Day Armorer's Course - AR15 Rifle, Rope & Rappel, 2 Day Rope & Rappel, 4 Day Rope & Rappel, 2 Day Rope & Rappel Skill Builder, Martial Arts Training, 2 Day Empty Hand Defense, 2 Day Empty Hand Defense (Night), 2 Day Edged Weapons, 2 Day Edged Weapons (Night), 4 Day Advanced Martial Arts, Family Safe Forever, 2 Day Children's and Youth Safety, 2 Day Children's and Youth Safety (Night), 4 Day Children's and Youth Achievement Camp, 4 Day Children's and Youth Achievement Camp (Night), 5-Day Front Sight Instructor Development Course, 1-Day Defensive Handgun Skills Test Course, 1-Day Tactical Shotgun Skills Test Course, 1-Day Practical Rifle Skills Test Course
The new 1 Day Skills Test Courses show as available but not free... the cost to register is $500.00.... but then again a regular 4 day class shows as costing $2,000.00 but then discounted to $0.00 when you process it.

Anyone know the story with the 1 Day Skills Test Courses?

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds

Freedom Week: March 29-April 6, 2019 // Freedom Day: April 23-24, 2020 - Thank you, Judge Benitez!
NRA - Endowment Member // CRPA - Life Member (Disclaimer: Everything I write is fiction. I am just here to try out ideas for my to-be-written great-American-novel.)
Old 11-29-2021, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Glock View Post
So my prior membership (Ambassador) said this:

Now the Founder Membership say this:

The new 1 Day Skills Test Courses show as available but not free... the cost to register is $500.00.... but then again a regular 4 day class shows as costing $2,000.00 but then discounted to $0.00 when you process it.

As a Founder you have access to every course that FS offers. The only thing that would prevent you from taking any class wouldn't be your membership, it would be having to fulfill the prerequisite classes first.
Old 11-29-2021, 4:30 PM

Quote:
I don't see any RIA made on the list, but there are some RIA models made by Armscor Precision. Maybe the FS pistol is one of these standard models, and the engraving is cosmetic enough not to trigger a model change.

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/certified-handguns/search
They ship them without the engraving. Then you can send your slide back to them to have it engraved.
Old 11-29-2021, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-Glock View Post

HG https://www.frontsight.com/Courses.a...on=View&ID=281
Rifle https://www.frontsight.com/Courses.a...on=View&ID=283
SG https://www.frontsight.com/Courses.a...on=View&ID=282
Old 11-29-2021, 11:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
As a Founder you have access to every course that FS offers. The only thing that would prevent you from taking any class wouldn't be your membership, it would be having to fulfill the prerequisite classes first.
Thanks...

As of 3pm today the Skills Test classes were marked in yellow (available) not in green (free).

As of 11:14pm today the Skills Test classes are marked in green (free).

Interesting...

Old 11-30-2021, 6:50 PM

Quote:
I took my RIA Knight 1911 through 2 days of private training. It performed fine. It ate everything I put through it. I used Wilson Combat 8 round mags. It’s on the Kalifornia roster under Armscore, I believe. I don’t know if upgraded Knights get the gun. If you haven’t noticed part of membership prices goes to buy the gun, if any come with memberships.
Old 12-01-2021, 7:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
I took my RIA Knight 1911 through 2 days of private training. It performed fine. It ate everything I put through it. I used Wilson Combat 8 round mags. It’s on the Kalifornia roster under Armscore, I believe. I don’t know if upgraded Knights get the gun. If you haven’t noticed part of membership prices goes to buy the gun, if any come with memberships.
I doubt upgraded memberships would get the 1911, but those that paid the $1,997 to upgrade do. Seems like that was a good deal, despite it probably being a lower end 1911. You got the 1911, private training and the ability to bring up to 8 guests and your whatever memberships you had in your account should get upgraded to Knight memberships.