Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2020, 9:57 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_man View Post
How far back did you have to go? I've lived at the same address for 22 years.
Yeah it doesn't say online.
It's a good question for them to verify how far back they really want.

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 05-03-2020, 1:23 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Now it's 4046, and increase of 141. While the total is a new record, the monthly increase is not. Undoubtedly, the number per month will be dead in the water for awhile because of the CV19 pandemic.

More at: https://www.sdsheriff.net/licensing/ccw.html
Well, it looks like they haven't updated their CCW counter, or they haven't issued any new CCWs in the past month: it's still at 4046.

But there has been another positive change: there's a link to the CCW page right on the homepage! "Concealed Weapon Permits (CCW)" is the last entry in the "Online Services" column on the right. It used to be you had to click through a half dozen pages before getting to the CCW webpage.

240+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Old 05-05-2020, 6:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post

I am gathering documents for my renewal, wonít happen until July but went to the site to check out the form; not sure If I can find all previous addresses too.

For those who have done renewal, what do you put for permit #, is it Local Agency Number, ORI, or CII #? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2020, 6:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
The Standard State Applicaton requires 5 years.
Old 05-05-2020, 8:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedM333 View Post
I am gathering documents for my renewal, wonít happen until July but went to the site to check out the form; not sure If I can find all previous addresses too.

For those who have done renewal, what do you put for permit #, is it Local Agency Number, ORI, or CII #? Thanks
Renewals happen every 2 years; the app requires 5 years of residency. All you need to do is update your last input from 2 years ago.

The only unique identifier for you on your license is the CII. Use that.
Old 05-05-2020, 8:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Renewals happen every 2 years; the app requires 5 years of residency. All you need to do is update your last input from 2 years ago.

The only unique identifier for you on your license is the CII. Use that.

Thanks

Old 05-07-2020, 7:42 PM

I emailed the office with the same question re: permit # and a Miranda Kurtz responded saying it’s the local agency number.
Old 05-07-2020, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG19 View Post
I emailed the office with the same question re: permit # and a Miranda Kurtz responded saying itís the local agency number.

Interesting, now I have two answers, CII# and Local Agency #.

Why they (CA) donít use one permit number as other states?

Old 05-08-2020, 5:53 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG19 View Post
I emailed the office with the same question re: permit # and a Miranda Kurtz responded saying itís the local agency number.
Well, perhaps thatís what theyíre doing. However, that would mean that everybodyís permit number is the same.

The only unique identifier on the license is the CII.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:06 PM

Has anyone had the experience of adding a new firearm to their permit recently? I was thinking of buying a new hand gun and adding it to my permit, not sure if its worth the trouble?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-18-2020, 7:16 AM

Just an FYI. I applied last week and the available appt's are already into the week of December 13-19.
Old 05-20-2020, 2:48 PM

Some updates...

Starting a few weeks ago, renewals thru the online system were being called in for their renewal appointments. They were trying to base the order priority on when your permit expired. My appointment went very smooth and I walked out with my renewal permit.

The expiration date on your renewed permit will be the date of your appointment. So if your original expiration date was say April 1st and your renewal appointment was May 1st, then the expiration on your renewed permit will be May 1st + 2 years.

You will be given TWO permits. One is the usual laminated non-wallet friendly size. This one is currently the ONLY permit that is legally recognized by the CA DOJ. The other permit is a much nicer and more official looking credit card size permit. As is typical with CA azz backwards logic, the credit card size permit is NOT yet legally recognized by the CA DOJ. Apparently, other counties are encountering the same issue when trying to implement credit card size permits. CA DOJ needs to review and approve them before they can be legally recognized. CA DOJ is probably too busy trampling on our rights to set time and resources aside to recognize the credit card size permits. So this may take a year or more.
Old 05-20-2020, 3:20 PM

Thanks for posting that update. I'm going through the renewal process now. I'll post my experience, including relevant timelines, once I complete the process.

As I suspected, they are prioritizing based on expiration dates. Nice to know since mine has since expired during the process.
Old 05-20-2020, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Villain View Post
Some updates...

Starting a few weeks ago, renewals thru the online system were being called in for their renewal appointments. They were trying to base the order priority on when your permit expired. My appointment went very smooth and I walked out with my renewal permit.

The expiration date on your renewed permit will be the date of your appointment. So if your original expiration date was say April 1st and your renewal appointment was May 1st, then the expiration on your renewed permit will be May 1st + 2 years.

Thanks for the updates. I am preparing for my renewal, my permit expires on July 23rd and I have a question on when to start filing online if you donít mind; is it 30 days from the expiration date?

Old 05-21-2020, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedM333 View Post
Thanks for the updates. I am preparing for my renewal, my permit expires on July 23rd and I have a question on when to start filing online if you donít mind; is it 30 days from the expiration date?

Well... under normal circumstances you would take your firearms renewal course (I recommend James Murphy of PPFT...just type "PPFT" into yelp) no more than 30 days prior to your appointment date. Then you would upload all your info into the online system. The expectation was that they would contact you within about 2 weeks to schedule a renewal. Bearing in mind that the earlier you schedule your renewal appointment from your expiration date the more you are "shortening" the time of your 2 year license. For example, if you expire on July 23, but you schedule your renewal appointment for say June 1st then June 1st +2 years becomes your next expiration date. You are essentially giving away almost 2 months from your previous 2 year license.

Now having said that...these are by no means "normal" times. Everything is off kilter right now. The Sheriffs Licensing Division only recently resumed operations for CCWs and they are very back logged. I feel for the new CCW guys because their appointments are pushed way out. Renewals are trying to be processed as much as possible since they tend to be easier and go faster, but the license division is still not at full speed. The backlog for renewals are all the CCWs that expired back in April and then all the ones expiring in May. I cannot say if they will be all caught up by the beginning of July (though I would hope so).

Now technically you should be able to upload your renewal info into the online system at any time. Just keep in mind, that given their present state, they may not prioritize you for an appointment yet. And if this causes you to be pushed out more than 30 days for an appointment then certain docs uploaded like proof of address will need to be re-uploaded since they need to be recent (current billing cycle or within 30 days). Also your renewal firearms certificate is only valid for 30 days. They did extend that out to 60 days for folks who expired during the full shutdown, but I do not think they are doing that for recent renewal requests.

My suggestion would be to call them at the beginning of June and ask them if they think they can accommodate your July 23rd expiration (i.e. be able to get you an appointment before you expire) if you took your renewal course at the beginning of July and if you uploaded your info around that time as well. This will tell you when to start your online renewal process.

Let us know how it goes!
Old 05-21-2020, 3:01 AM

Thanks Super