Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > Announcements and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Announcements and Suggestions This is a place for suggestions, news and updates about the site.

Old 06-04-2020, 2:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Question for other members and moderators.

As a seller in the marketplace, I just wanted to make sure that I have the privilege to move on at my will for any potential buyer. I think it's fair to move on to the next potential buyer if the person before them tries to delay the transaction.

I understand schedules but if there are several people interested in something I'm selling, is it out of line for me to move on after one delay?

Last edited by fecalguns; 06-04-2020 at 2:42 PM..
Old 06-04-2020, 2:42 PM
CGN Contributor

Need more info.

What do you mean by schedule? You can’t find a FFL that’s available for PPT or is the buyer stalling?
Old 06-04-2020, 2:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder_Keg View Post
Need more info.

What do you mean by schedule? You can’t find a FFL that’s available for PPT or is the buyer stalling?
The first buyer has delayed the time to purchase the item and asked to delay that time a few hours THE FIRST TIME. That alone I have no issue with, but then they asked for another opportunity to schedule after the weekend for Monday. I think it's fair to give another person the opportunity to buy the item over the weekend instead of wasting it for the first buyer when he has cancelled the first time.
Old 06-04-2020, 3:23 PM
RSG Minion, Senior
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecalguns View Post
The first buyer has delayed the time to purchase the item and asked to delay that time a few hours THE FIRST TIME. That alone I have no issue with, but then they asked for another opportunity to schedule after the weekend for Monday. I think it's fair to give another person the opportunity to buy the item over the weekend instead of wasting it for the first buyer when he has cancelled the first time.
If you did not agree to Monday you are free to move on, your prior agreement has ended.
One delay happens, after that, the flake factor may be in effect or maybe poop occurred.

You could tell him to Paypal you a hefty non-refundable deposit if you want to let him have one last chance.

Give him the opportunity to meet earlier at your convenience if you want to be nice.

Otherwise, just tell him no and say it is back up for sale to the next "I'll take it".

Save your PMs/emails in case of a bad I-Trader review.

GLWS
Old 06-04-2020, 3:27 PM
Calguns Addict

To be fair, despite the freeways being fairly clear, there’s still a lot of mierda going on. Curfews, protests, riots and looting and what have you.... Not exactly easy or reassuring to get around. People have families and such...stuff to get done maybe.
Old 06-04-2020, 3:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv View Post
If you did not agree to Monday you are free to move on, your prior agreement has ended.
One delay happens, after that, the flake factor may be in effect or maybe poop occurred.

You could tell him to Paypal you a hefty non-refundable deposit if you want to let him have one last chance.

Give him the opportunity to meet earlier at your convenience if you want to be nice.

Otherwise, just tell him no and say it is back up for sale to the next "I'll take it".

Save your PMs/emails in case of a bad I-Trader review.

GLWS
Thanks for the input. The first buyer has till tomorrow at 4pm. If they don't show or try to reschedule, I will move on to the next buyer.
Old 06-04-2020, 3:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead714 View Post
To be fair, despite the freeways being fairly clear, there’s still a lot of mierda going on. Curfews, protests, riots and looting and what have you.... Not exactly easy or reassuring to get around. People have families and such...stuff to get done maybe.
Makes sense however in my mind, if they have many priorities that cause them to either schedule way far out or cancel multiple times, perhaps they're not ready to purchase the item which leaves me to move on?
Old 06-04-2020, 3:54 PM
Probably PUI
CGN Contributor

I think with reasonable communication, either party has the right to decline the transaction before it takes place.

Backing out to take a higher bid is frowned upon if a deal was already struck though.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-04-2020, 4:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda440 View Post
I think with reasonable communication, either party has the right to decline the transaction before it takes place.

Backing out to take a higher bid is frowned upon if a deal was already struck though.
Just to be clear, I never mentioned anything about a higher bid. In fact I ignore those who make such an offer through a PM. I will always stick to my original asking price OR best offer that is LESS than the original asking price. If I truly think the value is more, then it will simply be listed as such in the first place.
Old 06-04-2020, 5:39 PM
Head Janitor

First off if you never agreed to a date and time the deal isn't finalized so there's that.

Second, if you've agreed to make a sale and made a good faith effort to see it through and can not due to factors outside your control then move on to the next person.
Just because someone said 'Ill take it' doesn't mean you're locked in to selling to that person if the logistics don't work out. This doesn't mean buyers and sellers can bail on deals willy-nilly, as i mentioned there has to be a good faith effort to close the deal but life isn't always convenient and clean.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 06-04-2020, 5:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

It sounds like the buyer hasn’t yet gotten the cash together.
Old 06-04-2020, 5:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Does your question include cancelling an agreement after you've receive a better offer?
CRPA Member

....."He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance."

Declaration of Independence, 1776
Old 06-04-2020, 6:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featureless View Post
Does your question include cancelling an agreement after you've receive a better offer?
No. It has to do with keeping their commitment to the time and date we agreed to. I don't want two weeks going by because the first buyer keeps moving the date for example. I understand schedule changes occur, but I also understand IMO that I am free to move on to another person in a timely manner if the previous person can't make a commitment within a reasonable timely manner themselves.
Old 06-04-2020, 6:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milsurp1 View Post
It sounds like the buyer hasn’t yet gotten the cash together.
That crosses my mind in general, but not at the moment for the first buyer. The reason for this thread is because I have a lot of replies and pm's expressing interest and I want to be fair for everyone within a reasonable time frame. I simply don't know what is COURTEOUS as far as how many times I would allow for a potential buyer to keep moving the date back further and further for example.
Old 06-04-2020, 6:06 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
No. It has to do with keeping their commitment to the time and date we agreed to. I don't want two weeks going by because the first buyer keeps moving the date for example. I understand schedule changes occur, but I also understand IMO that I am free to move on to another person in a timely manner if the previous person can't make a commitment within a reasonable timely manner themselves.
Good enough. In my mind once an agreement is reached it terminates when one party does not perform. IE, if a buyer agrees to xx, then reneges, that agreement is null and void. The seller is then freed to move on.
CRPA Member

....."He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance."

Declaration of Independence, 1776
Old 06-04-2020, 6:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post

...if you've agreed to make a sale and made a good faith effort to see it through and can not due to factors outside your control then move on to the next person.
Okay this makes sense and I appreciate the input.
Old 06-04-2020, 6:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Is it ok to put something (in a marketplace listing) to the effect that it's just like an item in a store, that the 1st person that can meet at the sellers convenience, is the one that gets it?
Old 06-04-2020, 6:56 PM
RSG Minion, Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBGBA View Post
Is it ok to put something (in a marketplace listing) to the effect that it's just like an item in a store, that the 1st person that can meet at the sellers convenience, is the one that gets it?
This happens once in a while and as the seller you can set the conditions of the meeting.
Just word the ad clearly.
Old 06-05-2020, 6:49 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead714 View Post
Stuff like going through on a commitment to purchase?

Quote:
Makes sense however in my mind, if they have many priorities that cause them to either schedule way far out or cancel multiple times, perhaps they're not ready to purchase the item which leaves me to move on?
I'd drop a buyer that can't live up to a promise. Maybe they need to schedule their priorities once they agree to buy and agree to a time and place. I'd say you can either play nurse or move on...I'd move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featureless View Post
Good enough. In my mind once an agreement is reached it terminates when one party does not perform. IE, if a buyer agrees to xx, then reneges, that agreement is null and void. The seller is then freed to move on.
Absolutely correct.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy schit...what a ride"!!

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain

A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog. Charles Doran
Old 06-05-2020, 7:05 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Red face

Quote:
I understand schedules but if there are several people interested in something I'm selling, is it out of line for me to move on after one delay?

Money TALKS, and B.S.... moves ON.

Old 06-05-2020, 6:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

FYI, The first party came through and it turned out to be a really good transaction. There ended up being around 15 interested in the item. LOL.

Last edited by fecalguns; 06-05-2020 at 6:59 PM..
Old 06-05-2020, 8:13 PM
RSG Minion, Senior

Quote:
FYI, The first party came through and it turned out to be a really good transaction. There ended up being around 15 interested in the item. LOL.
The price was good for COVID and Riot Pricing.

Glad it worked out.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:41 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Actually 16, there were already 3 in line when I saw it, so I didn't even try.....