Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 02-27-2021, 7:34 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiah12 View Post
This here demonstrates that you do not get it. WLP and the NRA with its dinners and fundraisers with its featured speakers that include so many people of great influence at events where everyone is expected to wear nice suits, dresses, evening gowns, etc, gives the impression the NRA is an organization for the elites. Your characterization of those standing outside and looking in are wearing shorts, smelly t-shirts, sneakers and backwards ball caps are the ones complaining about their $25 going to pay for WLP suits.

Well many of those on the outside are the blue collar workers or struggling workers who for whatever reason are barely making it. I work with some who are working to the best of their capabilities but have developmental disabilities or physical disabilities but refuse to take government assistance. They work at whatever job they can. They are American gun owners and NRA members and will never be able to afford to become life members. They cannot even afford to buy a suit and even if invited to an NRA dinner and given a free ticket would not go or told they could not enter because they would not meet the dress code, at least the one you say that gun people that attend these dinners have.

I do not even own a suit myself and when I go to church my jeans and casual shirt is just fine and I fit right in. We do have people come in those smelly t-shirts and shorts and the backwards baseball caps and they are always welcomed. I always wear sneakers BTW. I have to buy specially made shoes due to severe back problems and the only company that makes them is a running shoe company so that is what I wear all the time. My back health is more important that what anyone else thinks.

When I worked at a job that required dress shoes, I got an accommodation under the ADA because the shoes I need in order to walk without back pain are only made in a running shoe and I can only get them in the design that is being offered. Every year the color changes and only one color pattern is offered. I have no choice.

By the way, I have heard WLP speak and he puts me to sleep. I am very intelligent, I have been a member of MENSA since the age of 6. I find other other paid NRA speakers to be much more captivating and they are the ones that have increased the numbers of the younger members and the numbers of the minority members. If you want to reach the 50 million new members, you have to appeal to them and you have to reach out to democratic voters. There are still plenty of democratic voters that oppose gun control.

I was a former Democrat that got sick of the party during the Clinton administration and realized the party left me and I moved over to the Republican Party. A few years later I also became a NRA life member.

I have introduced more than a few people to shooting, both conservatives and liberals just by taking them shooting at my local range. It is amazing what happens if you provide the guns and free ammo for a couple of range trips. Even an anti-gun person will convert when they realize it is fun and the gun does not blow up in their hands.

Then I hook them up with a new shooter class at my LGR or with an NRA sponsored one and I will even pay for the first year NRA membership. That is often enough to hook them.

Some will still vote democratic but it opens the door so when they start complaining about the new stupid gun laws I can have a conversation about how we ended up with the new stupid laws and will they really solve anything. It is those long term, reasoned conversations that converts minds. Not the rhetoric.

I agree that I do not believe the MSM reports about the NRA. I have been around long enough to know that when a controversy hits any organization, be it private or public, a business, a charity, or whatever, those that survive it best and recover fast replace the leader or other top people who are at the center of the controversy. It does not matter if the person is justly or unjustly accused.

The controversy is causing the organization to get off of its mission and is a major distraction. WLP had made a huge salary for 30 years or more. He has an extremely large retirement package that he has been drawing on while also getting his current salary. He is set for the rest of his life.

He can still write books and be part of the the pro-gun movement. By stepping down, he can separate himself from the NRA and the NRA can refocus on their core mission. They can get their house in order, get new leadership that will appeal to a wider membership base and attract new members from all the new gun owners who recently bought out of fear of the new gun restrictions the progressive democrats want to pass and the realization that we are each responsible for our own self-defense because LE will not always be around (as demonstrated by the riots last year).

Many of those new owners are democrats and this is the opportunity for us to start the conversation to get them to realized gun control is people control and gun control does not take guns away from criminals, it only disarms the law abiding.

Your rhetoric just divides and pushes that group aside because they are already the enemy. That is what the dems have done to us. Hillary made that mistake and it cost her the election. We will loose the gun rights battle if we make the same mistake.

I am a high school teacher and you might be surprised at the large number of my students who are concerned about the loss of personal rights in our country at this time. I have had these discussion in my distance learning classes. Many want to come back to the classroom and I am very open as to why that is not happening in my district. We could already have done that but our school board voted against it. They did it as a cost cutting measure. They are saving several million by not having students on campus and the local teacher's union is on record at the last board meeting stating we want to go back because every teacher in our county that wants the COVID vaccine can now get it through the County office of education.

A few students have had the CA DOJ show up at their homes to search for their parent's guns and were terrified. In their history class, they have already discussed Nazi Germany and a few said they felt like it was being in Nazi Germany.

I have a few students on our local youth sport shooting league and they think it is stupid they cannot post pictures to social media with their guns or shooting medals they have one because if it is discovered by an administrator, they can be suspended.

Our younger generation is starting to change and they just might help us win the battle. But as long as the NRA maintains this optic of an old white guy club that only appeals to my father and grandfather where everyone has to dress up and they look down their noses at the younger generation that have a different sense of fashion, then it will continue to lose membership and it will wither on the vine.

The gun culture community has greatly changed over the past 30 years and the NRA has to change to reflect that. It has to actively recruit the younger generation who speaks a different language and do not necessarily trust the older generation.

I am a baby boomer that grew up in the 60s and at that time I did not trust anyone over 30. Much of the younger generation today trusts the older generation even less than my generation did back then.

No the guy with the backwards ball cap, short pants, smelly T and sneakers is not an NRA member! He is a democrat slob complaining about how much a successful CEO should make. He is envious of all successful people except those who work in government.

Shooting is not a poor mans hobby, that said self defense is available to all who have a desire to be safe.

When Josephine Byrd was kicked out of public housing for wanting to protect herself from the thugs living there. It was the NRA and WLP who went to court and won her right to have a gun in public housing.

The NRA has board members of all ethnicities, genders, ages and economic categories.
WLP is been attacked because he is uncompromising and smart.

I do commend you on reaching younger people an hope admin doesn't stop the path toward freedom you are taking.
Although you cannot use JPFO.org research material,you may want to look for yourself !
Best wishes and no hard feelings Sir.
Old 02-27-2021, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
You may have a point but I seriously doubt anyone who is a member of the NRA and continues to support the organization and the outstanding ongoing work it does to defend the 2A, despite the controversy created by the ultra liberal NYS attorney General or the NY Times, voted for the commie SOB sleeping in the WH. In fact I can almost guarantee that most of the people in this thread critical of the NRA/ Wayne La Pierre not only voted for the commie SOB in the WH, they have been voting for the commie democrats for decades!

Anytime you find a gun owner at the range, local gun store etc who votes democrat, tell them what you think of their hypocrisy, their anti gun politics and call them out for everyone to hear, shun them, ignore them and treat them like the morons that they are.

You guys are wasting time and energy on this... its a mute point RIGHT NOW... we can argue about this later.... we have a country to ATTEMPT to take back... the left does not do this.. they come together to fight and then as the smoke is clearing, they branch off and pin point their groups specific needs..
Old 02-28-2021, 8:41 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW948 View Post
You guys are wasting time and energy on this... its a mute point RIGHT NOW... we can argue about this later.... we have a country to ATTEMPT to take back... the left does not do this.. they come together to fight and then as the smoke is clearing, they branch off and pin point their groups specific needs..
Your post doesn't address what OCE has proposed. His idea is to call out democrats, shun and make them uncomfortable to be around we who value liberty.

How is his proposal of doing something wasting time ? BTW what tactics or strategies do you think might work?
Old 02-28-2021, 9:40 AM
Banned

I am noticing the Gun Clubs in my area are switching over to CMP afflicated matches. The CMP supports shooting, has built an outstanding range at Tallageda Alabama

this is the 600 yard rifle range

a 100 yard range, a Bullseye Pistol range, I took this picture at a 2700 match

a plinking range, a shotgun range, and probably some other ranges I can't remember.

The NRA walked from Camp Perry, though the CMP is still running matches there. The NRA has also declared bankruptcy, in an attempt to prevent the organization being canceled in New York state. They may not be successful in that, and the cash they are spending for the lawsuits is in the tens of millions of dollars.

There is only one person left in the NRA Competition office, and that person is just there to collect the match fees.

I think the NRA has jumped the shark, and I am not the only one.
Old 02-28-2021, 3:13 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamfire1 View Post
I am noticing the Gun Clubs in my area are switching over to CMP afflicated matches. The CMP supports shooting, has built an outstanding range at Tallageda Alabama

this is the 600 yard rifle range

a 100 yard range, a Bullseye Pistol range, I took this picture at a 2700 match

a plinking range, a shotgun range, and probably some other ranges I can't remember.

The NRA walked from Camp Perry, though the CMP is still running matches there. The NRA has also declared bankruptcy, in an attempt to prevent the organization being canceled in New York state. They may not be successful in that, and the cash they are spending for the lawsuits is in the tens of millions of dollars.

There is only one person left in the NRA Competition office, and that person is just there to collect the match fees.

I think the NRA has jumped the shark, and I am not the only one.

Yeah you and every other democrat are salivating with the prospect the NRA will be leaderless or have some ineffective do nothing as CEO .
Real NRA members know why the NRA had to declare bankruptcy and its not because they have no money.

Meantime friends lets get to recruiting new NRA members to counteract those who will not pony up 20 bucks a year.

In fact WLP did a good job explaining lots in this months magazine.
Old 02-28-2021, 9:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Yeah you and every other democrat are salivating with the prospect the NRA will be leaderless or have some ineffective do nothing as CEO .
Real NRA members know why the NRA had to declare bankruptcy and its not because they have no money...
As has been pointed out, seemingly endlessly, many feel that's exactly the type of CEO LaPierre has become. Whatever his past accomplishments, prior successes are no guarantee of future ones and, from a business standpoint, neither are they justification for loyalty to the point of detriment to the organization and its mission. Which viewpoint one has of LaPierre has, almost, become irrelevant at this juncture. As I've said, even if he IS the most effective person in the organization to carry on the mission, he CANNOT remain the ONLY person from a strictly organizational standpoint.

That is the argument many 'in the middle' see and simply declaring them to be traitors, libtards, 'Democrats,' et al. isn't helping your argument for recruiting. In fact, as you've been, repeatedly, told by many, it's working contrary to your purpose in that it's turning people off. As I said elsewhere, personally, I'd rather see people remain 'in the fight,' even if they don't, for the moment or for a period of time, directly support the NRA. Surely it's better to have people pushing back against 'anti civil rights' activities than to have them completely abandon the fight out of frustration that "their" interests aren't being served. Whether that perception is valid isn't the issue. You can make your case, but simply denigrating other organizations (and individuals) out-of-hand as 'ineffective' or 'not real gun owners' isn't going to be helpful or persuasive.

Many/most of us know exactly why the NRA filed bankruptcy. Unfortunately, it's that very reason which calls into question whether it will actually work as a legal strategy.

As I've said previously, right now, rather than looking to increase membership, the emphasis is going to have to be on retrenchment and re-expanding from there. Thus, the immediate goal would be on retaining as many members as possible; not badgering people with litmus tests of 'loyalty' to a specific individual. Part of that retention and retrenchment/expansion is 'cleaning house' or creating the perception of legitimately doing that; not simply by firing those deemed 'traitorous' to the current regime, declaring "all is well," and brow-beating members/non-members for daring to ask questions. Restoring faith in the organization as not only effective, but being run effectively is the immediate goal and the only basis upon which the NRA is going to be able to 'grow.'
Old 03-01-2021, 6:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinCalifornia View Post
As has been pointed out, seemingly endlessly, many feel that's exactly the type of CEO LaPierre has become. Whatever his past accomplishments, prior successes are no guarantee of future ones and, from a business standpoint, neither are they justification for loyalty to the point of detriment to the organization and its mission. Which viewpoint one has of LaPierre has, almost, become irrelevant at this juncture. As I've said, even if he IS the most effective person in the organization to carry on the mission, he CANNOT remain the ONLY person from a strictly organizational standpoint.

That is the argument many 'in the middle' see and simply declaring them to be traitors, libtards, 'Democrats,' et al. isn't helping your argument for recruiting. In fact, as you've been, repeatedly, told by many, it's working contrary to your purpose in that it's turning people off. As I said elsewhere, personally, I'd rather see people remain 'in the fight,' even if they don't, for the moment or for a period of time, directly support the NRA. Surely it's better to have people pushing back against 'anti civil rights' activities than to have them completely abandon the fight out of frustration that "their" interests aren't being served. Whether that perception is valid isn't the issue. You can make your case, but simply denigrating other organizations (and individuals) out-of-hand as 'ineffective' or 'not real gun owners' isn't going to be helpful or persuasive.

Many/most of us know exactly why the NRA filed bankruptcy. Unfortunately, it's that very reason which calls into question whether it will actually work as a legal strategy.

As I've said previously, right now, rather than looking to increase membership, the emphasis is going to have to be on retrenchment and re-expanding from there. Thus, the immediate goal would be on retaining as many members as possible; not badgering people with litmus tests of 'loyalty' to a specific individual. Part of that retention and retrenchment/expansion is 'cleaning house' or creating the perception of legitimately doing that; not simply by firing those deemed 'traitorous' to the current regime, declaring "all is well," and brow-beating members/non-members for daring to ask questions. Restoring faith in the organization as not only effective, but being run effectively is the immediate goal and the only basis upon which the NRA is going to be able to 'grow.'
It is truly a bizarre stance. Many members have legitimate concerns about the direction of our organization. We simply want the NRA to be the best organization possible. It needs to grow and evolve. Clearly, many of us differ on the best way to get there. I simply don't understand the equating constructive criticism of the NRA to being a "libtard." It's silly.
Old 03-01-2021, 7:50 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eta34 View Post
It is truly a bizarre stance. Many members have legitimate concerns about the direction of our organization. We simply want the NRA to be the best organization possible. It needs to grow and evolve. Clearly, many of us differ on the best way to get there. I simply don't understand the equating constructive criticism of the NRA to being a "libtard." It's silly.
No one had concerns about the NRA until the New York, Soros, AG, Bloomberg and other ANTI GUN entities began to target them. Anyone who would take a sworn enemies propaganda against a friend, is honestly too stupid, or too corrupt to be of any use in furthering liberty !

Pretty simple read books written by WLP and other educated people and evaluate the progress made by NRA and reject everything written by ANTI GUN entities.

Friendly discussion among NRA members about the NRA direction is welcomed. In the past I supported the Neal Knox no compromise direction over the WLP direction of a more inclusive policy.
I will freely admit the WLP direction which has us at 5,000,000 plus members was in retrospect the correct tactic as the numbers translate into political power and has made the NRA feared in states where membership is large and active.
The GOA approach of no compromise has shown it doesn't appeal to enough people to be effective. FWIW I am also a GOA member .

Last edited by ja308; 03-01-2021 at 7:53 AM..
Old 03-01-2021, 7:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
If you are a gun owner and a current member of the NRA, supporting its ongoing 2A defense activities, then there is nothing wrong criticizing the organization...Not being a member and criticizing the organization in an effort to negatively impact its support among fellow gunowners definitely makes you a liberatard not to mention a probable Soros/Bloomberg/brady shill.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 03-01-2021, 11:07 AM

Quote:
If you are a gun owner and a current member of the NRA, supporting its ongoing 2A defense activities, then there is nothing wrong criticizing the organization...Not being a member and criticizing the organization in an effort to negatively impact its support among fellow gunowners definitely makes you a liberatard not to mention a probable Soros/Bloomberg/brady shill.
Really?
I'm a life member, a staunch Republican since Reagan and I served my country with honor. Yet you effing idiots insult me at the drop of a hat.
I swear allegiance to no man. I invest my hard earned money in an organization that will defend my rights and I have every right to question whether my donations to the NRA-lLA are going towards defending America's 2nd Amendment or defending Wayne and his image or possible indiscretions.

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
W.T. Sherman
Old 03-01-2021, 11:20 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revhendo View Post
Really?
I'm a life member, a staunch Republican since Reagan and I served my country with honor. Yet you effing idiots insult me at the drop of a hat.
I swear allegiance to no man. I invest my hard earned money in an organization that will defend my rights and I have every right to question whether my donations to the NRA-lLA are going towards defending America's 2nd Amendment or defending Wayne and his image or possible indiscretions.

Try turning off the television, stop reading, listening to and absorbing enemy propaganda.
If you are unable to do that you are worthless as a defender of liberty and will be tricked into supporting those who will enslave you !

Thank you for being a republican, admitting that takes real courage, unlike the gutless wimps who claim independent, libertarian or other crackpot 3rd party!
Old 03-01-2021, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Try turning off the television, stop reading, listening to and absorbing enemy propaganda.
If you are unable to do that you are worthless as a defender of liberty and will be tricked into supporting those who will enslave you !

Thank you for being a republican, admitting that takes real courage, unlike the gutless wimps who claim independent, libertarian or other crackpot 3rd party!
You just can't help yourself, can you?

"If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
W.T. Sherman
Old 03-01-2021, 3:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
You just can't help yourself, can you?
Correct ! It pains me to see a person who should know enough not to trust ANTIGUN media.
Those New York papers, TV and DA HATE YOU an yet you believe what they write
Old 03-01-2021, 4:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Quote:
Really?
Did you even read my statement before sounding off? Take a look at the portion in BOLD....and contrast to the portion of my comment underlined. Reading comprehension really is fundamental.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ----Benjamin Franklin

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 03-01-2021 at 4:24 PM..
Old 03-01-2021, 5:58 PM

I'm surprised that this thread is still alive.
Old 03-01-2021, 6:31 PM

Post is alive because of someone, posting in the defense of the NRA as if they are the spin doctor/acolyte of the NRA and WLP and as I read it, if anyone that wears a ball cap, shorts and a t-shirt, is either not worthy of being an NRA member, or someone that doesn’t own firearms because “it is expensive” .. also, anyone who isn’t a republican is a “gutless wimp”
I guess that no one needs to form their own opinion, not have any concerns, and be a blind zealot.
I am new to firearms, and I am a current NRA and CRPA member, on a monthly recurring billing cycle.
I am also someone concerned about the loss of employees, reps and the prospect of someone looking into having their work purchase a home for them. Though the home purchase failed to happen, what did happen, was it popped up on the radar of everyone, thanks to those with an agenda to make WLP look bad, but I have yet to see any denial of this “home” issue.... or the reason why so many left the NRA organization.
Look, I have zero issue with the NRA’s court battles, because this is a consequence of the unappreciated work that they do on the behalf of their member and sadly, many firearms owners that are not members.
At the end of the day, transparency would be great for me, and there is a reason why the Sarbanes Oxley act exists. The person on this forum that seems to constantly attack and insult anyone on this post with any NRA related concerns or issues, reminds me of Mark Fabiani, which seems to not be productive, just discrediting and attacking anyone with a perspective differing from their own.
Old 03-01-2021, 8:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishooter View Post
I'm surprised that this thread is still alive.
Agreed. The irony is that this thread has been trading places for several weeks with this thread:

2020 Dec 16: “NRA Takes Concealed Carry Case to US Sup Ct” - NYSRPA v. Corlett

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1676407

and gets more traction,
Old 03-01-2021, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Your post doesn't address what OCE has proposed. His idea is to call out democrats, shun and make them uncomfortable to be around we who value liberty.

How is his proposal of doing something wasting time ? BTW what tactics or strategies do you think might work?
even if I told you HOW to do it, most of the lot of you would not even in your wildest dreams take such action...
Old 03-01-2021, 9:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinCalifornia View Post

Thank you for helping to bring some sense to this discussion. You've summed up the problem pretty well here.
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
----------------------------------------------------
To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Look WLP met privately with several gun culture people in California, including Kestryl !
All believe WLP is being persecuted w/o merit by the New York , democrat establishment. In fact Leticia James said BEFORE she was elected she would destroy the NRA .

So who should I believe, real culture people who know and love RKBA or a pack of simpletons who believe the New York papers, Soros, Bloomberg other FAKE News,5th column libtards.

What's wrong with some of you? Are you brainless slobs who resent the fact WLP is successful and your not ?

BTW I witnessed 3 more new 5 year members joining today and not one had brought up WLP or the New York press, leading me to believe this calguns is loaded with antigun losers who's only joy in life is siding with the democrat controlled media.

Maybe some of you should be talking about some network newscast you found relevant.

Last edited by ja308; 03-01-2021 at 10:06 PM..
Old 03-02-2021, 12:13 AM

JA308,
No dispute from me, about what some “less than stellar” news organizations and a liberal state going after the NRA, again, I already addressed this.
Transparency after the fact, will help eliminate any unfounded paranoia, or provide confirmation of allegations of unethical practices within the organization.
Glad that you spent time with a handful of like minded people today..
Great for me to read that a handful of people that you witnessed today, chose to have the proper decorum in public. I also met a handful of NRA members today, and they were my customers visiting where I work.
I am not here to advise you as to who you should believe, but your prior posting on this forum about “truth” from a satire website would trip flags for anyone that is not a simpleton, and you have caused one member of this forum to state that your posts are “facile” in nature.
Today, during my interactions with my customers and friends that are NRA members, we also managed not to discuss WLP or the toxic liberal media as well, not that hard to do.
Regarding what you wrote about “what is wrong with some of you?
Are you brainless slobs who resent the fact that WLP is successful and your not?”
Simply put-
I am not here to violate the T.O.S for this forum. I would simply ask you to directly address me instead of the indirect insults that you have posted,
Countless times before on this forum. When you have been called out on this, you fall back upon the deniability of the post, since the indirect insults could be “meant” for others. Stand behind what you write.
I see much that others post here, being frank, direct, honest, and willing to share their perspective without the countless double entendre that you post when you are trying to insult someone indirectly.
Also, You probably do not know what I do for work, and the income that it provides, it also has no bearing upon my perspective of WLP.
Regarding the” talking about network news broadcast”
If I read from one politically
Slanted perspective, I will read the same topic, from the opposite of the political spectrum and make an effort to read much more, to gain a consensus of what might have occurred. I already wrote about this, in this thread.
Old 03-02-2021, 5:15 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32spoke View Post
JA308,
No dispute from me, about what some “less than stellar” news organizations and a liberal state going after the NRA, again, I already addressed this.
Transparency after the fact, will help eliminate any unfounded paranoia, or provide confirmation of allegations of unethical practices within the organization.
Glad that you spent time with a handful of like minded people today..
Great for me to read that a handful of people that you witnessed today, chose to have the proper decorum in public. I also met a handful of NRA members today, and they were my customers visiting where I work.
I am not here to advise you as to who you should believe, but your prior posting on this forum about “truth” from a satire website would trip flags for anyone that is not a simpleton, and you have caused one member of this forum to state that your posts are “facile” in nature.
Today, during my interactions with my customers and friends that are NRA members, we also managed not to discuss WLP or the toxic liberal media as well, not that hard to do.
Regarding what you wrote about “what is wrong with some of you?
Are you brainless slobs who resent the fact that WLP is successful and your not?”
Simply put-
I am not here to violate the T.O.S for this forum. I would simply ask you to directly address me instead of the indirect insults that you have posted,
Countless times before on this forum. When you have been called out on this, you fall back upon the deniability of the post, since the indirect insults could be “meant” for others. Stand behind what you write.
I see much that others post here, being frank, direct, honest, and willing to share their perspective without the countless double entendre that you post when you are trying to insult someone indirectly.
Also, You probably do not know what I do for work, and the income that it provides, it also has no bearing upon my perspective of WLP.
Regarding the” talking about network news broadcast”
If I read from one politically
Slanted perspective, I will read the same topic, from the opposite of the political spectrum and make an effort to read much more, to gain a consensus of what might have occurred. I already wrote about this, in this thread.
Thank you for your polite post, very little written was directed at you. It was directed at several others who are shills for the democrat agenda. An agenda that requires the NRA to be neutralized by any and every means available, including taking down effective, smart, decent and committed CEO WLP.

Its my belief the satire piece from some time back is every bit as honest and relevant as the NYT, WaPo, Soros, Bloomberg and other shills advocating for a disarmed, enslaved population.https://babylonbee.com/news/ocasio-c...rt-thing-to-do
https://babylonbee.com/news/ocasio-c...hyperinflation

One glaring example of these so called new outlets is the JOKE that they want us to believe earths climate was perfect static and unchanging for approx 4.5 billion years.
They claimed it only began get warm during the last 50 years or so when humans began using oil. Then when confronted its cold, they claim the cold is a result of cow flatulence, oil or fracking or whatever.
Its a scientific fact that a mere 12,000 years ago the Great Lake were formed when glaciers melted. How can any thinking person NOT view these news entities as liars, fools or clowns .
DJT mocked, ridiculed and called them out as FAKE NEWS and everyone knows he is correct.

Transparency in this case is another word for picking apart every expense, every contribution and every action taken by the NRA for decades, It will be a never ending witch hunt that will further divide and promote class warfare.

Last edited by ja308; 03-02-2021 at 5:22 AM..
Old 03-02-2021, 5:22 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Thank you for your polite post, very little written was directed at you. It was directed at several others who are shills for the democrat agenda. An agenda that requires the NRA to be neutralized by any and every means available, including taking down effective, smart, decent and committed CEO WLP.

Its my belief the satire piece from some time back is every bit as honest and relevant as the NYT, WaPo, Soros, Bloomberg and other shills advocating for a disarmed, enslaved population.

One glaring example of these so called new outlets is the JOKE that they want us to believe earths climate was perfect static and unchanging for approx 4.5 billion years.
They claimed it only began get warm during the last 50 years or so when humans began using oil. Then when confronted its cold, they claim the cold is a result of cow flatulence, oil or fracking or whatever.
Its a scientific fact that a mere 12,000 years ago the Great Lake were formed when glaciers melted. How can any thinking person NOT view these news entities as liars, fools or clowns .
DJT mocked, ridiculed and called them out as FAKE NEWS and everyone knows he is correct.

Transparency in this case is another word for picking apart every expense, every contribution and every action taken by the NRA for decades, It will be a never ending witch hunt that will further divide and promote class warfare.

There is no doubt that the global warming issue has become the vehicle to achieve the progressive dream of turning all those sci-fi movies they watched as children into reality with flying cars, everything whirring from non combustion motors, everything is green and peaceful, everyone is a vegetarian and no one needs money. In essence, the world of Star Trek...

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member
Old 03-02-2021, 5:32 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
There is no doubt that the global warming issue has become the vehicle to achieve the progressive dream of turning all those sci-fi movies they watched as children into reality with flying cars, everything whirring from non combustion motors, everything is green and peaceful, everyone is a vegetarian and no one needs money. In essence, the world of Star Trek...
OOPs freezing rain caused the windmill blades to become unbalanced and the Texas electrical grid failed, because windmills shut down when the blades are not in balance.
NY media and democrat party claim the cold spell is a direct result of global warming !

How can anyone fall for this kind of BS ?
The gun stats are even worse. Counting homicide as murder and suicide as gun deaths, never once writing about the good guys who protect their homes and families from bad actors!

Last edited by ja308; 03-02-2021 at 5:36 AM..
Old 03-02-2021, 5:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
I have been called a liberal, lefty, and Democrat a number of times on this forum by posters who don't know anything about me.

Bullying people will not fix the problems the NRA has created for itself with venial and corrupt leadership.
Old 03-02-2021, 5:57 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Mods, lock this thread. It's usefulness expired long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2021, 6:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911RONIN View Post

Not going the way you want it to?

Quote:
How can anyone fall for this kind of BS ?
Easy, for the last 40 years the American public trusted their children to the Marxist public school teachers and their unions and we now have three generations of Americans who have been subjected to non stop democratic party / progressive political indoctrination / propaganda/brainwashing. Agitprop has permeated everything in society that the progressives touch.

A vast majority of American voters are no longer capable of independent critical thinking because the end result of the critical thought process is a JUDGEMENT and we are not supposed to judge anything or anyone; "its all good and everyone is a winner!"

NRA life member
SAF life member
CRPA member

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 03-02-2021 at 6:13 AM..
Old 03-02-2021, 6:38 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I have been called a liberal, lefty, and Democrat a number of times on this forum by posters who don't know anything about me.

Bullying people will not fix the problems the NRA has created for itself with venial and corrupt leadership.
We know you by your words and how you defend and honor the New York Media and tyrants who have targeted the NRA and its effective CEO!

You could have believed Kestryl and other RKBA advocates who met with and believe WLP. Instead you went with the New York media, presumably to avoid spending 20 bucks for a membership.
Old 03-02-2021, 6:46 AM

Quote:
We know you by your words and how you defend and honor the New York Media and tyrants who have targeted the NRA and its effective CEO!

You could have believed Kestryl and other RKBA advocates who met with and believe WLP. Instead you went with the New York media, presumably to avoid spending 20 bucks for a membership.
Can you provide evidence of him "defending and honoring" the New York media? Has he indicated he has not become an NRA member over the $20 fee?
Old 03-02-2021, 7:01 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Can you provide evidence of him "defending and honoring" the New York media? Has he indicated he has not become an NRA member over the $20 fee?
Yes its really simple, either you believe gun culture people like Kestyll, or you believe the lies and misrepresentations of the New York media complex. Believing one side over another is defending and honoring those views.
He has chosen the New York media and discounted the beliefs of our RKBA friends.

There is no valid reason to not be an NRA member, unless its to save a few bucks. Of course if one is a democrat troll, like the most vocal are, that would explain lots !

https://spectator.org/cpac-media-robby-starbuck/
Breaking the Media’s Hypnotic Spell
Conservatives aren’t falling for it any longer.
by LOU AGUILAR

Last edited by ja308; 03-02-2021 at 7:08 AM..
Old 03-02-2021, 7:10 AM

Quote:
Yes its really simple, either you believe gun culture people like Kestyll, or you believe the lies and misrepresentations of the New York media complex. Believing one side over another is defending and honoring those views.
He has chosen the New York media and discounted the beliefs of our RKBA friends.

There is no valid reason to not be an NRA member, unless its to save a few bucks. Of course if one is a democrat troll, like the most vocal are, that would explain lots !

by LOU AGUILAR
You didn't answer my question. Please cite instances where this poster defended the NY media. Also provide evidence that he has avoided NRA membership due to the $20 fee.
Old 03-02-2021, 8:35 AM

Quote:

by LOU AGUILAR
So its ok to not be a member to save money for ammo right
Old 03-02-2021, 8:37 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
You didn't answer my question. Please cite instances where this poster defended the NY media. Also provide evidence that he has avoided NRA membership due to the $20 fee.
From the online dictionary.
"to maintain by argument, evidence, etc.; uphold:'.
By siding with the New York media he defended their position You Ok now ?
Old 03-02-2021, 8:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkoutdb View Post
So its ok to not be a member to save money for ammo right
If a person is so poor and destitute financially and its a choice between having a box of ammo for their only gun to use for self defense, or joining the NRA, I would suggest they buy a box of ammo!
Old 03-02-2021, 9:20 AM

Quote:
If a person is so poor and destitute financially and its a choice between having a box of ammo for their only gun to use for self defense, or joining the NRA, I would suggest they buy a box of ammo!
What if I donated to calguns and then just want to be cheap? Asking for myself
Old 03-02-2021, 10:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
Agree with this basically. The NRA is very much needed, but they're an organization desperately in need of reform, restructuring and transparency. I have a hard time seeing that happening with so many entrenched people who are obviously sucking the teat for all it's worth. They're too vested in things as they are. I think a rotating board where 20% of the members are rotated out annually and new board members elected in per year, with a mandatory 4 year sit-out between stints, would be beneficial. Senior management eligible for 5 year terms, ten years between stints. Keep the org fresh with new blood and new ideas alongside traditional values. And keep it completely transparent with everything open and above-board.

That's the 21st century NRA I'd like to see.
I'm still sticking with this.

It is not anti-NRA to observe that the organization needs reform and possibly re-structuring, any more than it is anti-Chevy to point out flaws in this year's model so they can be fixed in next year's model.

This is a problem that happens in MOST organizations when the key positions stagnate for too long. Folks get used to doing things the way they've always done them and what start out as small bits of inappropriate or questionable expenditure start to increase over time until they are laughable. People start to see it as a "job" that they are entitled to, rather than an advocacy position with a fervent mission. This doesn't make them bad people, it makes them human. The answer is almost always shake things up, get some new blood, re-focus, and re-energize.
Old 03-02-2021, 10:58 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
I'm still sticking with this.

It is not anti-NRA to observe that the organization needs reform and possibly re-structuring, any more than it is anti-Chevy to point out flaws in this year's model so they can be fixed in next year's model.

This is a problem that happens in MOST organizations when the key positions stagnate for too long. Folks get used to doing things the way they've always done them and what start out as small bits of inappropriate or questionable expenditure start to increase over time until they are laughable. People start to see it as a "job" that they are entitled to, rather than an advocacy position with a fervent mission. This doesn't make them bad people, it makes them human. The answer is almost always shake things up, get some new blood, re-focus, and re-energize.

The new blood theory hasn't worked out so well with other examples of friends who were destroyed by media!

They destroyed Sarah Palin, Sheriff Richard Mack, Joe Arpio, Joe Rogan, President Trump and many other strong RKBA advocates and now Wayne La Pierre. The reason each of these decent patriot American's were demonized and defeated was because they were effective and were solid advocates for RKBA.

How did the media get so much credibility and our friends have so little ? I have read you before and you are a smart man, yet you have jumped to an unfair conclusion about a great leader.

The gun culture people, including the owner of calguns, who met with WLP and re-affirmed the New York witch hunt are dismissed by you for the New York media.
I am truly saddened to see smart gun people being so easily swayed. The truly stupid and jealous, Axe grinders and 5th column I understand.
Old 03-02-2021, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911RONIN View Post

bigtime
Old 03-02-2021, 2:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
I am a NRA life member. Looks like WLP is going to make that worthless.

I did receive this card from the NRA this year, from my scores of 2020. I removed the name, dates, NRA number, because I don't want uber idiots to dox me.

Old 03-02-2021, 3:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I am a NRA life member. Looks like WLP is going to make that worthless.

I did receive this card from the NRA this year, from my scores of 2020. I removed the name, dates, NRA number, because I don't want uber idiots to dox me.

Im ignorant as to what that card stands for.
Doesn't look anything like my Patron member card or my pistol instructor card. The new benefactor member card hasn't been sent yet .

FWIW New York gun grabbers are trying to take down the NRA not WLP. Rather odd you blame the victim (WLP) and allow the New York Media and DA blameless .
BTW did you read WLP column in the NRA magazine this month ?