Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2019, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyraid View Post
send this to TSUSA and see what they say.
Don't bother them. They are already checking with their legal council and will update us next week.

I doubt they are a CA vendor, so this is more a case of CADOJ acting as a bully.
For you to believe globalization can continue, you have to believe it doesn't require increased consumption and that the Americans will continue to bleed and die so that the Chinese can access energy. - Peter Zeihan
Old 06-21-2019, 11:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Is the problem that while an 03-FFL with a COE may import ammunition without processing the transaction through a licensed ammunition vendor, some out of state companies became licensed ammunition vendors. Having done so aren't those companies subject to 30352, which does not include the exemption found in 30312 and 30314?

Consequently, an 03 with a COE may be able to import from one out of state source, but not from another. Just thinking.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:14 AM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy65 View Post
Is the problem that while an 03-FFL with a COE may import ammunition without processing the transaction through a licensed ammunition vendor, some out of state companies became licensed ammunition vendors. Having done so aren't those companies subject to 30352, which does not include the exemption found in 30312 and 30314?

Consequently, an 03 with a COE may be able to import from one out of state source, but not from another. Just thinking.
How does an out of state company become a licensed ammo vendor? They can't get CA BOE issued Sellers permits which are required, unless they have an agent or physical presence in CA.

Licensed ammo vendors do face to face business inside the state. There is ZERO reason anyone else would become a licensed ammo vendor. There is no requirement for them to, and indeed it seems impossible if they are out of state.

And who among them would hassle their employees to get a CA COE every year? It is also required if they handle ammo.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...7.&lawCode=PEN
Quote:
(a) An ammunition vendor shall require any agent or employee who handles, sells, delivers, or has under his or her custody or control any ammunition, to obtain and provide to the vendor a certificate of eligibility from the Department of Justice issued pursuant to Section 26710.
Being a licensed ammo vendor also practically requires you to keep inventory of EVERY ROUND coming and going, and to report to CA DOJ *any* missing ammo, in a timely manner. There are also storage requirements. There are no out of state companies who would do this. It will be a miracle if we have any in-state sellers doing this after a few years of living under this regime.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...3.&lawCode=PEN
Quote:
Within 48 hours of discovery, an ammunition vendor shall report the loss or theft of any of the following items to the appropriate law enforcement agency in the city, county, or city and county where the vendor’s business premises are located:

(1) Any ammunition that is merchandise of the vendor.

(2) Any ammunition that the vendor takes possession of pursuant to Section 30312.

(3) Any ammunition kept at the vendor’s place of business.

Were it possible to become a licensed ammo vendor out of state, it would also require them to DROS all ammo, seemingly even ammo sold to people not in CA.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...2.&lawCode=PEN
Quote:
(a) Commencing July 1, 2019, an ammunition vendor shall not sell or otherwise transfer ownership of any ammunition without, at the time of delivery, legibly recording the following information on a form to be prescribed by the Department of Justice:

(1) The date of the sale or other transfer.

(2) The purchaser's or transferee's driver's license or other identification number and the state in which it was issued.

(3) The brand, type, and amount of ammunition sold or otherwise transferred.

(4) The purchaser's or transferee's full name and signature.

(5) The name of the salesperson who processed the sale or other transaction.

(6) The purchaser's or transferee's full residential address and telephone number.

(7) The purchaser's or transferee's date of birth.

(b) Commencing July 1, 2019, an ammunition vendor shall electronically submit to the department the information required by subdivision (a) for all sales and transfers of ownership of ammunition. The department shall retain this information in a database to be known as the Ammunition Purchase Records File. This information shall remain confidential and may be used by the department and those entities specified in, and pursuant to, subdivision (b) or (c) of Section 11105, through the California Law Enforcement Telecommunications System, only for law enforcement purposes. The ammunition vendor shall not use, sell, disclose, or share the information for any other purpose other than the submission required by this subdivision without the express written consent of the purchaser or transferee.

It isn't happening. Out of state companies will not be licensed ammunition vendors.

Last edited by SkyHawk; 06-21-2019 at 11:35 AM..
Old 06-21-2019, 12:06 PM

Default Selling ammo to an FFL03+COE in CA

I havent totally followed after leaving CA, but seeing a couple threads discussing recent DOJ mucking about, want to make sure I can offer up some 5.7 ammo since I am going to be selling the gun.

Q: Out of state private party selling ammo to CA. FFL03+COE good to go as I'm not a resident?

Q:If private party, it would have to be sent to an FFL1 or other vendor, yes?

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1494640
Old 06-21-2019, 12:17 PM
CGSSA Director
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erichp View Post
I havent totally followed after leaving CA, but seeing a couple threads discussing recent DOJ mucking about, want to make sure I can offer up some 5.7 ammo since I am going to be selling the gun.

Q: Out of state private party selling ammo to CA. FFL03+COE good to go as I'm not a resident?

Q:If private party, it would have to be sent to an FFL1 or other vendor, yes?

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1494640
Yes.

Selling to a FFL03 + COE would be fine even if you were not a resident currently. As of July 1 everything Face to Face has to happen through a dealer.

Last edited by RoundEye; 06-27-2019 at 9:25 AM..
Old 06-21-2019, 12:28 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
As of July 1 everything Face to Face has to happen through a dealer.

03FFL w/COE will still be exempt from using an ammo vendor for face to face private party purchases of ammo. This law does not stop on July 1, 2019.

Quote:
(a) (1) Commencing January 1, 2018, the sale of ammunition by any party shall be conducted by or processed through a licensed ammunition vendor.

(2) When neither party to an ammunition sale is a licensed ammunition vendor, the seller shall deliver the ammunition to a vendor to process the transaction. The ammunition vendor shall promptly and properly deliver the ammunition to the purchaser, if the sale is not prohibited, as if the ammunition were the vendor’s own merchandise. If the ammunition vendor cannot legally deliver the ammunition to the purchaser, the vendor shall forthwith return the ammunition to the seller. The ammunition vendor may charge the purchaser an administrative fee to process the transaction, in an amount to be set by the Department of Justice, in addition to any applicable fees that may be charged pursuant to the provisions of this title.

(b) Commencing January 1, 2018, the sale, delivery, or transfer of ownership of ammunition by any party may only occur in a face-to-face transaction with the seller, deliverer, or transferor, provided, however, that ammunition may be purchased or acquired over the Internet or through other means of remote ordering if a licensed ammunition vendor initially receives the ammunition and processes the transaction in compliance with this section and Article 3 (commencing with Section 30342) of Chapter 1 of Division 10 of Title 4 of this part.

(c) Subdivisions (a) and (b) shall not apply to the sale, delivery, or transfer of ammunition to any of the following:

(6) A person who is licensed as a collector of firearms pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto, whose licensed premises are within this state, and who has a current certificate of eligibility issued by the Department of Justice pursuant to Section 26710.

Last edited by SkyHawk; 06-21-2019 at 12:32 PM..
Old 06-21-2019, 1:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
03FFL w/COE will still be exempt from using an ammo vendor for face to face private party purchases of ammo. This law does not stop on July 1, 2019.

Does not stop DOJ "regulations" from overreaching or out-of-state companies deciding to not push their luck and just stop selling here.

I am glad I can still legally import myself, i'll road trip if needed
Old 06-21-2019, 1:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadside View Post
Does not stop DOJ "regulations" from overreaching or out-of-state companies deciding to not push their luck and just stop selling here.

I am glad I can still legally import myself, i'll road trip if needed
You know, I read the targetsports post again and I’m not even sure CADOj gave bad info, more than likely the wrong questions were asked.
For you to believe globalization can continue, you have to believe it doesn't require increased consumption and that the Americans will continue to bleed and die so that the Chinese can access energy. - Peter Zeihan
Old 06-21-2019, 1:37 PM
Veteran Member

Wouldn't surprise me if TS-USA reverses their 03 FFL + COE cutoff announcement in a few weeks after reviewing the actual penal code again with their attorneys and after they have foolishly accepted bad info from the CA DOJ, which is well known for its overreach.
Old 06-21-2019, 1:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if TS-USA reverses their 03 FFL + COE cutoff announcement in a few weeks after reviewing the actual penal code again with their attorneys and after they have foolishly accepted bad info from the CA DOJ, which is well known for its overreach.
I sure hope so. This would be far from the first time that the DOJ has given out wrong info.
Old 06-21-2019, 1:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
How does an out of state company become a licensed ammo vendor? They can't get CA BOE issued Sellers permits which are required, unless they have an agent or physical presence in CA.

Licensed ammo vendors do face to face business inside the state. There is ZERO reason anyone else would become a licensed ammo vendor. There is no requirement for them to, and indeed it seems impossible if they are out of state.

And who among them would hassle their employees to get a CA COE every year? It is also required if they handle ammo.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...7.&lawCode=PEN

Being a licensed ammo vendor also practically requires you to keep inventory of EVERY ROUND coming and going, and to report to CA DOJ *any* missing ammo, in a timely manner. There are also storage requirements. There are no out of state companies who would do this. It will be a miracle if we have any in-state sellers doing this after a few years of living under this regime.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...3.&lawCode=PEN

Were it possible to become a licensed ammo vendor out of state, it would also require them to DROS all ammo, seemingly even ammo sold to people not in CA.

It isn't happening. Out of state companies will not be licensed ammunition vendors.
I am not saying that they should apply with the state for a license or that it would be a bad move for them, but if they did . . .
Old 06-21-2019, 1:46 PM

True... either way TS-USA got me for another order today
Old 06-21-2019, 2:15 PM

I hope they do straighten that out, I got that email, though it doesnt apply to me any longer I still had a WT* moment.
7/1 should be a very interesting day for retail folks as they try to sort out the how to. Hopefully it blows up gloriously and they realize they have to suspend the nonsense.
Best of luck ladies and gents.
Old 06-21-2019, 4:10 PM

Help me solve this riddle...

I have a CA COE with a 2020 termination date. Does the State's regulation for 7/1/2019 COE verification for ammo purchases and $1.00 charges constitute a novation of rights of my exisiting certificate and a double taxation situation? Why wouldn't the terms and conditions of my existing license be applicable until it renews?

The CA DOJ's website states the following:

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/cert-eligibility

Certificate of Eligibility
Home Firearms Certificate of Eligibility
What is a Certificate of Eligibility (COE)?

A “Certificate of Eligibility” certifies the Department of Justice (DOJ) has checked its records and determined the recipient is not prohibited from acquiring or possessing firearms at the time the firearms eligibility criminal background check was performed. A COE is a pre-requisite licensing/permit requirement for all prospective licensed firearms dealers, licensed ammunition vendors, manufacturers, certified instructors, gun show promoters, explosive permit holders, and other firearm related employment activities, including, effective January 1, 2018, any agent or employee of a vendor who handles, sells, or delivers firearms and ammunition. The initial COE application process includes a firearms eligibility criminal background check and issuance of a certificate, which is valid for one year. Thereafter, the COE must be renewed annually. A COE can be revoked, at anytime, if the COE holder becomes prohibited from owning/possessing firearms and ammunition.

The intent here is that the State already determines eligibility for possessing firearms and ammunition and is in receipt of funds for the background check. Why do they get a second "bite" of this apple?

ARFrog
Old 06-22-2019, 8:16 AM

TS-USA sales will tank.
Old 06-22-2019, 9:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyraid View Post
I didn't get that email from TSUSA and I've been ordering from them for a long time. I really don't care anymore, though, since they started charging tax. I pretty much stopped ordering from them. They were always my go-to for ammo. There are still way too many places to order from that are not charging tax or shipping. Also, has anyone else noticed these places are charging 10.5% sales tax?!!! I emailed TSUSA and asked why they're charging more than the sales tax rate here in L.A. County and they had no go answer. F 'em!!!
Sales tax is not just based on county but city as well. My city is still 9.25% while the city next to me is 10.50% sales tax. Sounds like the address on your FFL is within the 10.50% sales tax district. Look it up here https://www.avalara.com/taxrates/en/...fornia/cities/
Also looks like Brownells will be charging sales tax soon. They are also using Avalara to update their records and system.
Old 06-22-2019, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytt View Post
TS-USA sales will tank.
No they won’t calif is the only state limiting ammo. Why I left one of many reasons
Old 06-23-2019, 8:18 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMT4ME View Post
No they won’t calif is the only state limiting ammo. Why I left one of many reasons
I wouldn’t be surprised if CA didn’t account for at least 10 percent. You have to remember that the whole industry is in recession right now post trump election whereas CA has a lot of pent up demand.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy65 View Post
I am not saying that they should apply with the state for a license or that it would be a bad move for them, but if they did . . .
It is very likely that targetsports has CA ammo license otherwise they wouldn't collect sale tax on CA transactions.
Old 06-25-2019, 4:34 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by psun786 View Post
It is very likely that targetsports has CA ammo license otherwise they wouldn't collect sale tax on CA transactions.
Knowledge is power: http://www.cdtfa.ca.gov/industry/wayfair.htm

Old 06-25-2019, 7:24 AM

Quote:
No, as noted in post # 60, this has to do with a Supreme Court decision last year that allows States to collect sales tax from Internet sales. So, don't blame the vendors.

Here is a link to more info:

https://smallbiztrends.com/2019/01/l...sales-tax.html

ARFrog

Last edited by ARFrog; 06-25-2019 at 4:35 PM..
Old 06-27-2019, 3:11 AM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARFrog View Post
Help me solve this riddle...

I have a CA COE with a 2020 termination date. Does the State's regulation for 7/1/2019 COE verification for ammo purchases and $1.00 charges constitute a novation of rights of my exisiting certificate and a double taxation situation? Why wouldn't the terms and conditions of my existing license be applicable until it renews?

The CA DOJ's website states the following:

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/cert-eligibility

Certificate of Eligibility
Home Firearms Certificate of Eligibility
What is a Certificate of Eligibility (COE)?

A “Certificate of Eligibility” certifies the Department of Justice (DOJ) has checked its records and determined the recipient is not prohibited from acquiring or possessing firearms at the time the firearms eligibility criminal background check was performed. A COE is a pre-requisite licensing/permit requirement for all prospective licensed firearms dealers, licensed ammunition vendors, manufacturers, certified instructors, gun show promoters, explosive permit holders, and other firearm related employment activities, including, effective January 1, 2018, any agent or employee of a vendor who handles, sells, or delivers firearms and ammunition. The initial COE application process includes a firearms eligibility criminal background check and issuance of a certificate, which is valid for one year. Thereafter, the COE must be renewed annually. A COE can be revoked, at anytime, if the COE holder becomes prohibited from owning/possessing firearms and ammunition.

The intent here is that the State already determines eligibility for possessing firearms and ammunition and is in receipt of funds for the background check. Why do they get a second "bite" of this apple?
The COE verification check is to check that the COE being presented is valid and not a forgery/counterfeit.
The cost for this verification check is a $1 fee. [PC 30370(e)]

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Last edited by Quiet; 06-27-2019 at 3:15 AM..
Old 06-27-2019, 10:22 AM
CGSSA Director

Default In Summary: FFL03 + COE

So, to summarize if you have an FFL03 + COE post 07/01/2019, the following applies:
  1. Purchases from an ammunition vendor will require a $1 COE check.
  2. Still Exempt from the Ammunition Vendor requirement for mail order purchases. However it’s up to individual businesses to decide if they want to honor the exemption.
  3. Still exempt from the Ammunition Vendor requirement for FTF ammunition sales (PPTs).
  4. Still exempt from the ammunition import restrictions (buying out of state and returning.
  5. Not Exempt if purchasing from a California Licensed Ammunition Vendor.

Last edited by RoundEye; 06-27-2019 at 8:37 PM..
Old 06-27-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
So, to summarize if you have an FFL03 + COE post 07/01/2019, the following applies:

2. No longer exempt from the Ammunition Vendor requirement for mail order purchases. You'll have to order online have it sent to an Ammunition Vendor, and during pick up they'll process the $1 COE check.

3. Still exempt from the Ammunition Vendor requirement for FTF ammunition sales (PPTs).

4. Still exempt from the ammunition import restrictions (buying out of state and returning?

Once confirmed to be correct, I'll update the above accordingly.
Your second item is false.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2019, 10:31 AM
CGSSA Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinnerk View Post
Your second item is false.

The 04/18 Regs Published by the CADOJ remove the exemption from all FFLs, and only exempt "businesses". Were these not adopted by the OAL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlglock View Post
Well guess what. In their 4/18/19 rule making, the DOJ killed off a few exemptions:

(a) The following types of identification will properly identify an individual who is exempt pursuant to Penal Code section 30352, subdivision (e) from Department approval to purchase or transfer ammunition.
(1) A valid Federal Firearms License.
(2) An authorized law enforcement representative’s written authorization from the
head of the agency authorizing the ammunition purchase or transfer.
(3) A centralized list of exempted federal firearms licensee’s Department issued certificate indicating the individual is on the centralized list of exempted federal firearms licensees.
(4) A sworn state, or local peace officer’s credential and verifiable written certification from the head of the agency.
(5) A sworn federal law enforcement officer’s credential and verifiable written certification from the head of the agency.

(1) An ammunition vendor shall present a valid Ammunition Vendor License issued pursuant to Penal Code section 30385.
(2) A person who is on the centralized list of exempted federal firearms licensees maintained by the Department shall present a Department-issued Listing Acknowledgement Letter indicating the individual is currently on the centralized list of exempted federal firearms licensees.
(3) A gunsmith shall present a valid Type 01 Federal Firearms License.
(4) A wholesaler shall present a valid Type 01 Federal Firearms License.
(5) A manufacturer of firearms shall present a valid Type 07 Federal FirearmsLicense.
(6) An importer of firearms or ammunition shall present a valid Type 08 Federal Firearms License.
(7) A manufacturer of ammunition shall present a valid Type 06 Federal Firearms License.
(8) An authorized law enforcement representative of a city, county, city and county, or state or federal government shall present written authorization from the head of the agency authorizing the ammunition purchase or transfer, as described by Penal Code section 30352, subdivision (e)(7).
Old 06-27-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
The 04/18 Regs Published by the CADOJ remove the exemption from all FFLs, and only exempt "businesses". Were these not adopted by the OAL?
I might not be reading your post correctly. You have not defined "ammunition vendor". An outside vendor can be used who is not licensed by the state of California and there is no requirement that the transaction be performed through an instate licensed vendor. Direct shipment can occur. Also, I have read nothing in the proposed regs or in the law preventing an instate licensed vendor direct shipping after doing the required check.

Old 06-27-2019, 10:39 AM
CGSSA Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinnerk View Post
I might not be reading your post correctly. You have not defined "ammunition vendor". An outside vendor can be used who is not licensed by the state of California and there is no requirement that the transaction be performed through an instate licensed vendor. Direct shipment can occur. Also, I have read nothing in the proposed regs or in the law preventing an instate licensed vendor direct shipping after doing the required check.

My apologies. I meant to infer that an ammunition Vendor is one who is licensed by the state of California to sell ammunition.
Old 06-27-2019, 6:00 PM

So, if I understand this correctly, a person with CoE and FFL03 (who is not a LEO) can order from a directly from an out-of-state ammunition vendor, and have the ammunition shipped to their home, without any background check or in-state processing. Right?
Old 06-27-2019, 6:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainLion View Post
So, if I understand this correctly, a person with CoE and FFL03 (who is not a LEO) can order from a directly from an out-of-state ammunition vendor, and have the ammunition shipped to their home, without any background check or in-state processing. Right?
Right.

Old 06-27-2019, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainLion View Post
As above, correct. But as the host said in yesterday's webinar, the vendor may choose to not honor the exemption. Also, if you have a COE, you will need to know your COE number for in-store purchases. As there are 3 (?) types of background checks, you will need to tell the in-store personal which one you want done.

I recommend keeping a digital copy (of the COE) on your phone and/or cloud storage and make sure the container is encrypted. This way you can pull it down when you need it. Also encrypt your mobile devices. For the troglodytes, keep a printed copy handy when you go in for a purchase.
Old 06-27-2019, 6:27 PM
Front Toward Enemy
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Every vendor who ships more than $500k/yr of any goods into CA from any state, collects and remits CA sales tax. It doesn’t matter if it is stereos, roller skates, or ammo.

AB147 https://www.cdtfa.ca.gov/industry/wayfair.htm

Quote:
On April 25, 2019, California passed Assembly Bill No. (AB) 147 (Stats. 2019, ch. 5). AB 147 amended Revenue and Taxation Code (RTC) section 6203 to require retailers located outside of California (remote sellers) to register with the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) and collect California use tax if, during the preceding or current calendar year, the total combined sales of tangible personal property for delivery in California by the retailer and all persons related to the retailer exceed $500,000. A person is related to a retailer if they have a relationship with the retailer described in section 267(b) of title 26 of the United States Code and the related regulations. The new collection requirement is operative April 1, 2019, and supersedes our prior direction regarding the use tax collection requirements for out-of-state retailers pursuant to RTC section 6203 and the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in South Dakota v. Wayfair, Inc. (Wayfair) (Dock. No. 17-494) (see Special Notice L-565).
Collecting CA tax has nothing to do with an ammo license.

Repeat after me: no out of state entity in their right mind will have a CA ammo vendor license. It is not required, it gains them nothing and risks them everything.

It simply isn’t happening.

Someone PM me when Target Sports figures out what they’re doing. Until then I will be ordering from Brownells direct to my door, and avoiding these FUD threads like the plague.

Last edited by SkyHawk; 06-27-2019 at 6:32 PM..
Old 07-09-2019, 6:21 PM

Suppose i get an FFL 03 and COE. Can I buy ammo outside of CA, and bring it back into CA with me?

The "buy from brick and mortar store in CA" and "buy online and ship to door" scenarios have been thoroughly covered, but I haven't seen my scenario.
Old 07-09-2019, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard View Post
Suppose i get an FFL 03 and COE. Can I buy ammo outside of CA, and bring it back into CA with me?

The "buy from brick and mortar store in CA" and "buy online and ship to door" scenarios have been thoroughly covered, but I haven't seen my scenario.
If you have a FFL03 and COE you are exempt and can import (bring back) ammo. See posts #30, #36 and #46 above

ARFrog

Last edited by ARFrog; 07-09-2019 at 7:26 PM..
Old 07-10-2019, 1:05 PM

Default Target Sports GTG

I received an email from Target Sports USA yesterday. Great news!! they are now honoring the FFL03+COE exemption and are shipping to CA again.

https://mailchi.mp/targetsportsusa/w...1?e=db13bdd67f
Old 07-10-2019, 3:46 PM

Yesterday I registered for Target Sports and uploaded documents (FFL03+COE) and they shipped today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2021, 2:02 PM

Can a private seller in CA send a FFL03/COE holder ammo direct?
CMAT GMAU
Old 03-03-2021, 6:32 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
  2. Still Exempt from the Ammunition Vendor requirement for mail order purchases. However it’s up to individual businesses to decide if they want to honor the exemption.
  4. Still exempt from the ammunition import restrictions (buying out of state and returning.
  5. Not Exempt if purchasing from a California Licensed Ammunition Vendor.
Is this still true? If I have an 03 + COE, I could just cash and carry for FTF transaction? And if a buyer has an 03 + COE they could just cash and carry too without going through FFL/ammo vendor?

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/LIR_123/GlockWise.png
Old 03-03-2021, 7:55 AM

Yep
CMAT GMAU
Old 03-03-2021, 1:28 PM
retired Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockwise2000 View Post
Is this still true? If I have an 03 + COE, I could just cash and carry for FTF transaction? And if a buyer has an 03 + COE they could just cash and carry too without going through FFL/ammo vendor?
If you have a valid C&R 03-FFL and valid COE, then you are only exempt when you are acquiring ammo.

It does not make you exempt if you are transferring (selling/loaning/etc) ammo to a non-exempt person.

It also does not exempt you from the amount of ammo you can legally transfer within 30 days.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).