Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-20-2021, 11:11 PM
forklift232 forklift232 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Central CA
Posts: 63
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Unhappy Video- Rocklin, CA PD makes arrest, world freaks out on Reddit.

I check out Reddit once in awhile and this video dropped about 10 hours ago and I guess calls are coming in from around the world to Rocklin, CA complaining about how the officer arrested the suspect. Iím kinda surprised how very liberal most of the younger generation is globally and anti LEO. Anyways, calls are coming in from Europe, Spain and Australia to Rocklin now.

Here is the link-

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...tm_name=iossmf

Last edited by forklift232; 09-21-2021 at 9:40 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-20-2021, 11:38 PM
forklift232 forklift232 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Central CA
Posts: 63
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Another link- https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMRqt7yqR/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-21-2021, 12:05 AM
jorgi23 jorgi23 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 308
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Honestly being a cops to me right now is not fun, that police officer was not having a good day, and he will have a worse one tomorrow. Should have not gone to work that day, if you cant deal with *******s that day, don't go to work!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-21-2021, 12:13 AM
forklift232 forklift232 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Central CA
Posts: 63
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgi23 View Post
Honestly being a cops to me right now is not fun, that police officer was not having a good day, and he will have a worse one tomorrow. Should have not gone to work that day, if you cant deal with *******s that day, don't go to work!

What are you talking about? The officer seemed to do well and functioned within his training. He was alone, cuffed the suspected, bad guy went to jail, no one hurt, cop went home after shift.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-21-2021, 2:20 AM
pacrat pacrat is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Socialist Republic of SoCal
Posts: 8,508
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

CAPTION;

Quote:
Cop points gun at surrendering young man then tries to break his arm.
What a Steaming Crock of Crap. Reads like those asinine "CopBlock" you tube video captions.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-21-2021, 11:52 AM
Grobie Grobie is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Martinez/Modesto
Posts: 91
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Yeah... that was completely unnecessary. Regardless of his prior actions, if he is down and complying all that extra **** didn't need to happen. It's not gonna do ****, but make the rest of our jobs harder.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-21-2021, 12:10 PM
H3nchman's Avatar
H3nchman H3nchman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 353
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

I'm not LE, but I have gone through a full POST academy recently. This looks exactly how LE are trained right now. He had control of the situation. Guess what? Some things don't always look nice. A suspect will feel a properly applied control hold. Would they rather this cop just walk up to him hold his wrist limply then if it turns into a fight have to use another means of force? He used appropriate force imo
__________________
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
~Erwin Rommel
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-21-2021, 2:21 PM
esy esy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,081
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grobie View Post
Yeah... that was completely unnecessary. Regardless of his prior actions, if he is down and complying all that extra **** didn't need to happen. It's not gonna do ****, but make the rest of our jobs harder.
Jumping the gun a little? Do you know the full story on that contact? Do you know that subject's history? Do you know the text of that call?

How about allowing for a little due process, yeah?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-21-2021, 4:01 PM
GizmoSD GizmoSD is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 260
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

These threads donít end well.

From what I read recently, OP might be a problematic poster with prior issues.

Tread lightly.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-21-2021, 11:21 PM
forklift232 forklift232 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Central CA
Posts: 63
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoSD View Post

From what I read recently, OP might be a problematic poster with prior issues.
Donít believe everything you read on the internet.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-22-2021, 4:15 AM
GizmoSD GizmoSD is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 260
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Sooo, thenÖ.

1. You have low post count. Indicative of a new handle. Whatís up with that?

2. Are you an LEO?

3. Whatís your question?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-22-2021, 5:00 AM
Bert Gamble's Avatar
Bert Gamble Bert Gamble is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mesquite, Nv
Posts: 3,203
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Would love to have it explained without resorting to name calling, but that is unlikely.

It appears that the arrested person had hands behind the back and the cop grabbed a wrist and lifted which caused pain and resistance, which required more force, more pain, and more resistance.

Why would a cop want to do that if he could just put the cuffs on. The guy on the ground kept one hand behind his back as he was resisting the other being lifted. Maybe that is the new way of fighting cops? Keep one hand back in case you need it later.
__________________
WARNING: This post will most likely contain statements that are offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense, and or maturity.

Satire: A literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
_____________________________________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-22-2021, 5:33 AM
m35a2's Avatar
m35a2 m35a2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Posts: 529
iTrader: 36 / 100%
Default

Don't do stupid stuff and you won't be in that situation. Just because someone posts a partial video doesn't mean that YOU know the whole story. What if someone posted a partial video of you at your job while in the act of, IDK, talking on your phone? You would know that it was a work related call....we all know nobody is on their phone for personal reasons during work hours...but the person filming the short clip has no clue and nobody watching the stupid tictok would either. Yet your superior sees it and gets calls about it and now you are stuck trying to defend your actions.

When someone screws up reputedly and has contact with LE, it is not the job of the officer to comfort the person, give them a hug and a comfort animal.
__________________
Choices always were a problem for you, what you need is someone strong to guide you...like me!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-22-2021, 6:22 AM
Bert Gamble's Avatar
Bert Gamble Bert Gamble is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mesquite, Nv
Posts: 3,203
iTrader: 26 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m35a2 View Post
Don't do stupid stuff and you won't be in that situation. Just because someone posts a partial video doesn't mean that YOU know the whole story. What if someone posted a partial video of you at your job while in the act of, IDK, talking on your phone? You would know that it was a work related call....we all know nobody is on their phone for personal reasons during work hours...but the person filming the short clip has no clue and nobody watching the stupid tictok would either. Yet your superior sees it and gets calls about it and now you are stuck trying to defend your actions.

When someone screws up reputedly and has contact with LE, it is not the job of the officer to comfort the person, give them a hug and a comfort animal.
Really? Donít do stupid stuff. That is your answer? Using your logic (or lack of it), no one who isnít guilty has ever been roughly arrested or abused by an over zealous cop? They all deserve it.

If I was on the phone at work and someone videos me strangling a puppy, would it matter if it was a work call or not?

In your mind, simply putting cuffs on a person without twisting an arm is the equivalent of a loving hug? That is a pretty sick perception.

Donít complain when they come for you.
__________________
WARNING: This post will most likely contain statements that are offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense, and or maturity.

Satire: A literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
_____________________________________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-22-2021, 9:31 AM
IrishJoe3's Avatar
IrishJoe3 IrishJoe3 is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,511
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Gamble View Post



Why would a cop want to do that if he could just put the cuffs on. The guy on the ground kept one hand behind his back as he was resisting the other being lifted. Maybe that is the new way of fighting cops? Keep one hand back in case you need it later.
You pretty much nailed it. Guy resisted, pain compliance was applied, he stopped resisting, cuffs were applied.

Have you ever put handcuffs on a prone person? You have to lift their hands up to do so. And if while being arrested a suspect resists (be it pulling away, pulling against, kicking, rolling, twisting, grabbing etc) then the officer will escalate their use of force and will use "reasonable force necessary to overcome resistance". That's exactly what pain compliance control holds were designed for and why they are taught.

Let me help you out with the actual state law

Quote:

835a. Any peace officer who has reasonable cause to believe that the person to be arrested has committed a public offense may use reasonable force to effect the arrest, to prevent escape or to overcome resistance.

A peace officer who makes or attempts to make an arrest need not retreat or desist from his efforts by reason of the resistance or threatened resistance of the person being arrested; nor shall such officer be deemed an aggressor or lose his right to self-defense by the use of reasonable force to effect the arrest or to prevent escape or to overcome resistance.
__________________
Urban legends are a poor basis for making public policy.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-22-2021, 9:39 AM
IrishJoe3's Avatar
IrishJoe3 IrishJoe3 is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,511
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Gamble View Post
If I was on the phone at work and someone videos me strangling a puppy, would it matter if it was a work call or not?

.
That's a false equivalency. There's no context where strangling a puppy by any person at any time is legal or justified. None whatsoever.

Whereas police officers have the training and legal authority to use physical force when necessary.

The problem is most people base their opinion on emotion, and have absolutely no context to know when it is necessary. Force is never pretty, but that doesn't mean it's unjustified, illegal or excessive.
__________________
Urban legends are a poor basis for making public policy.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-22-2021, 9:45 AM
forklift232 forklift232 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Central CA
Posts: 63
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

https://www.newsweek.com/rocklin-pol...A_oocp8RP3dYeo
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-22-2021, 9:48 AM
diverwcw's Avatar
diverwcw diverwcw is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,698
iTrader: 57 / 100%
Default

Nothing to see here folks, move along.
__________________


Front Sight Commander Member www.frontsight.com
NRA Benefactor Life Member www.nra.org
CRPA Life Member www.crpa.org
NRA Instructor: Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Range Safety Officer
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-22-2021, 1:13 PM
GlockTalk9's Avatar
GlockTalk9 GlockTalk9 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 343
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoSD View Post
Sooo, thenÖ.

1. You have low post count. Indicative of a new handle. Whatís up with that?

2. Are you an LEO?

3. Whatís your question?
OP, can you answer
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-22-2021, 1:24 PM
johnnycharro johnnycharro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 107
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Good hook academy technique everyone was unharmed all good. Police work isn't pretty.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-22-2021, 3:58 PM
forklift232 forklift232 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Central CA
Posts: 63
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockTalk9 View Post
OP, can you answer

I donít have any questions.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-22-2021, 4:25 PM
skyscraper's Avatar
skyscraper skyscraper is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,774
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Gamble View Post
Really? Don’t do stupid stuff. That is your answer? Using your logic (or lack of it), no one who isn’t guilty has ever been roughly arrested or abused by an over zealous cop? They all deserve it.

If I was on the phone at work and someone videos me strangling a puppy, would it matter if it was a work call or not?

In your mind, simply putting cuffs on a person without twisting an arm is the equivalent of a loving hug? That is a pretty sick perception.

Don’t complain when they come for you.
Have you ever tried to handcuff a person resisting? Whether passive or actively? Honest question... What was the suspect's level of resistance when he went to handcuff the left arm? Hard to tell if you're not one of the two involved. I've had people start to tense up when the handcuffs are about to go on, you wouldnt know they are resisting by a camera angle. It's much different when you are the person going hands on.

Also using force isn't pretty, there's no way to make it look good.

Last edited by skyscraper; 09-22-2021 at 4:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-22-2021, 4:32 PM
fighter4cage's Avatar
fighter4cage fighter4cage is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Redding/Sacramento
Posts: 893
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

I went through the Post (Butte) as well.
Not sure what led up to this situation, But from the clip I do not see any reason for the officer to use that level of force. That’s my 2 cents anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-22-2021, 7:25 PM
esy esy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,081
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

I'm always partial to the peanut gallery of non-LEOs commenting about how to properly do a LEO job.

I may not know how to do anyone else's job, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn before.

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-22-2021, 7:31 PM
SB1942 SB1942 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 170
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighter4cage View Post
I went through the Post (Butte) as well.
Not sure what led up to this situation, But from the clip I do not see any reason for the officer to use that level of force. Thatís my 2 cents anyway.
Is that the academy where you can have a beard?

You say you went through "Post." Are you or have you ever been a sworn LE officer in CA??

BTW-You can have two cents back.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-22-2021, 7:35 PM
SB1942 SB1942 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 170
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esy View Post
I'm always partial to the peanut gallery of non-LEOs commenting about how to properly do a LEO job.

I may not know how to do anyone else's job, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn before.

Yep. I've said it before, I think there needs to be a sub-forum for them & their nonsense.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-22-2021, 8:45 PM
GizmoSD GizmoSD is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 260
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Whelp, this thread is going pretty much exactly as predicted.

And the OP still hasnít answered the questions asked of them. To recap:

1. You have a low post count, indicative of a new handle. Whatís up with that?

2. Are you a LEO?

3. Whatís your question?

I mean, Iím sure you read the forum rules and arenít just here to stir the pot, right?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-22-2021, 8:52 PM
esy esy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,081
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB1942 View Post
Yep. I've said it before, I think there needs to be a sub-forum for them & their nonsense.
That's what OT is for.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-22-2021, 11:02 PM
forklift232 forklift232 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Central CA
Posts: 63
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Video- Rocklin, CA PD makes arrest, world freaks out on Reddit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoSD View Post
I mean, Iím sure you read the forum rules and arenít just here to stir the pot, right?
Wow dude, just sharing a news story here is not ďstirring the potĒ.

Last edited by forklift232; 09-23-2021 at 1:21 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-23-2021, 8:21 AM
mossy's Avatar
mossy mossy is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: equestria
Posts: 6,541
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esy View Post
I'm always partial to the peanut gallery of non-LEOs commenting about how to properly do a LEO job.

I may not know how to do anyone else's job, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn before.

This. Always enjoy having someone who has never done my job tell me how to do it.
__________________
best troll thread in calguns history
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=406739



burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 09-23-2021, 4:05 PM
WartHog's Avatar
WartHog WartHog is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern Kalifornistan
Posts: 4,287
iTrader: 43 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoSD View Post
These threads donít end well.

From what I read recently, OP might be a problematic poster with prior issues.

Tread lightly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by forklift232 View Post
Donít believe everything you read on the internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoSD View Post
Sooo, thenÖ.

1. You have low post count. Indicative of a new handle. Whatís up with that?

2. Are you an LEO?

3. Whatís your question?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockTalk9 View Post
OP, can you answer
Quote:
Originally Posted by forklift232 View Post
I donít have any questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoSD View Post
Whelp, this thread is going pretty much exactly as predicted.

And the OP still hasnít answered the questions asked of them. To recap:

1. You have a low post count, indicative of a new handle. Whatís up with that?

2. Are you a LEO?

3. Whatís your question?

I mean, Iím sure you read the forum rules and arenít just here to stir the pot, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by forklift232 View Post
Wow dude, just sharing a news story here is not ďstirring the potĒ.
But Brett, AKA Whitewater1914, EB91fwy, RapidCool, tbhRacing, Barncat, Taco Bandit, Desert Explore, etc, stirring the pot is what you're best at, besides getting fired from your job as a Firefighter after just three days, and getting outed here on the LEO forum for Stolen Valor trying to pass yourself off as a LEO. You've been banned here how many times now - 10, 15?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra57 View Post
Civil War 2.0 - If it comes to pass, lefties will have brought it upon themselves. I value freedom more than their sorry lives and the form of governance they have to offer, which offers no freedom and complete servitude to the state.
Quote:
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" - Ed Howdershelt
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-24-2021, 11:14 AM
SarcoBlaster SarcoBlaster is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,100
iTrader: 82 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
But Brett, AKA Whitewater1914, EB91fwy, RapidCool, tbhRacing, Barncat, Taco Bandit, Desert Explore, etc, stirring the pot is what you're best at, besides getting fired from your job as a Firefighter after just three days, and getting outed here on the LEO forum for Stolen Valor trying to pass yourself off as a LEO. You've been banned here how many times now - 10, 15?
How difficult is it to stage?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:15 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2021, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.



Seams2SewBySusy

Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Military Boots 5.11 Tactical