Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3921  
Old 06-10-2021, 7:12 PM
Osp05 Osp05 is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 30
iTrader: 27 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevwess View Post
Aww man i don't remember the deputy saying not to take the training till instructed.. i made arrangements and already paid to take the training this sat. Anyone else take the training in advance? And were they cool with it when they found out you took the training in advance?
If you are confident that your GC is good and background. You can do training before your livescan comes back completed. The deputy asked if I took my training after he handed me the live scan form. I said not yet and he handed me a list of trainers. I used MedicUp private CCW course.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3922  
Old 06-10-2021, 7:14 PM
kevwess kevwess is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 14
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Ok cool. Thanks for easing my mind
Reply With Quote
  #3923  
Old 06-10-2021, 7:17 PM
driftwoodae86 driftwoodae86 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 63
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevwess View Post
Aww man i don't remember the deputy saying not to take the training till instructed.. i made arrangements and already paid to take the training this sat. Anyone else take the training in advance? And were they cool with it when they found out you took the training in advance?
You can take the training and livescan before the interview if you want. But they cant like the training be older than 5 months.

They recommend to wait just in case you guys have any outliers on the livescan that you need to clear up. Which can potentially put you past the expiration date for your training
Reply With Quote
  #3924  
Old 06-10-2021, 9:35 PM
bp717 bp717 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 21
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Daniel24 View Post
Does anyone here have any idea how long it takes the DOJ to actually send the CCW unit the results of your completed live scan? Was told my livescan that was completed 5/28 hasnít been received by CCW unit. (They received all but Firearm portion) thanks.

Iím on the same boat, my livescan completed 5/29 but havenít gotten any training email as of yet. Hopefully we get one soon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3925  
Old 06-10-2021, 9:46 PM
Lockdown.-'s Avatar
Lockdown.- Lockdown.- is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 379
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

BP, they are back logged
Reply With Quote
  #3926  
Old 06-11-2021, 6:48 AM
NuMember47 NuMember47 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 2
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Hello, new member here.

I recently saw a NUMBER of vidoes saying CCW restrictions, issuance requirements have been loosened a great extent, and have went ahead and filled out the forms, all ready to be turned in as of today. But after spending about an half hour last night reading the posts here, now I'm starting to think it's not as easy as it was made out to be.

For example, I refer to this video by GunGuyTV, ( https://youtu.be/7-fxYUNd0DI?t=199 ) where Rick Travis from CRPA says Good Cause requirements is met by ANYONE who's not a felon, has a gun, and willing to go through training. Now that sounds just like a "shall issue" state which I know is not true. And reading the posts aforementioned also proves that is the case. So was Mr Travis just misinformed? What info was he sharing there?

My Good Cause was going to be just this. "Asian and afraid". Yes obviously it was going to be more "eloquent" than that. But it was going to be 6 sentences, only. Polite and concise. But I saw a post by Paladin and others saying that won't ever be enough.

I have no recreational, nor occupational reasons that justify a CCW. And I'll be frank. Me pulling the race card is just an excuse. Just like most of you, I want a CCW simply because I want to carry.

But gotta say, it's awfully weird to me that all the videos I've been watching saying their background interviews were very quick and easy, where one video said a LEO literally gave the applicant a GC to fill in, to reading the posts here where some are being asked to provide documents supporting their occupational hazards, etc etc.

My background is squeaky clean, but I'm wondering if it'll simply be a waste of time to even turn this in now. I don't worry about the $30, but I just don't want a denial record, in case this would be used against me in the future. So if I know my GC is BS, I'd rather just wait.

What do you think?


Thx for reading.
Reply With Quote
  #3927  
Old 06-11-2021, 6:53 AM
Lockdown.-'s Avatar
Lockdown.- Lockdown.- is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 379
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Someone has a link to like 200 good causes that has been used. Read through half of it and see if that will generate any inspiration for you

I know it did for me.

I thought I didn't have any GC, but I was wrong.


One of the stories, the guy was a Bitcoin trader and could easily carry $20K on a sheet of paper (Bitcoin wallet)

I'm via mobile so I can't link you sorry
Reply With Quote
  #3928  
Old 06-11-2021, 8:30 AM
Paladin's Avatar
Paladin Paladin is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SFBA
Posts: 10,842
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuMember47 View Post
What do you think?


Thx for reading.
Read my CCW Application Advice thread pinned at the top of the forum all the way through once and then re-read posts 1-3, 31 and last one.

The Sheriff said he may liberalize GC further after July 01. Make a decision then.

A denial for insufficient GC will not hurt your chances in the future. A denial for lack of GMC may.

Try if you want.

In about a year we should win a major Carry case at SCOTUS so things should improve after that. But no guarantees, we’ve been suckered by the federal courts before....

Last edited by Paladin; 06-11-2021 at 2:14 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3929  
Old 06-11-2021, 9:00 AM
MajorCaliber MajorCaliber is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 499
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post

...In about a year we should win a major Carry case at SCOTUS so things should improve after that. But no guarantees.
Well, there is ONE guarantee. IF SCOTUS gives us a Shall Issue permit system, the LASO will be so overwhelmed with applications, the wait times will reach a level that will make rush hour traffic on the 405 look like a Formula One race.
__________________
I wish today's liberals could understand: You cannot be generous by giving away other peoples' money and you cannot demonstrate your virtue by your willingness to give up other peoples' rights.

The more time I spend on this forum, the more sense kcbrown makes.
Reply With Quote
  #3930  
Old 06-11-2021, 9:19 AM
Lockdown.-'s Avatar
Lockdown.- Lockdown.- is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 379
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Another week gone...Good luck to all the first week of April applicants. Your time is coming soon.


To all the guys who applied in March and still haven't received a call this week, make sure to go to church on Sunday.

Last edited by Lockdown.-; 06-11-2021 at 9:24 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #3931  
Old 06-11-2021, 9:56 AM
Mute's Avatar
Mute Mute is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Diamond Bar
Posts: 7,298
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuMember47 View Post
Hello, new member here.

I recently saw a NUMBER of vidoes saying CCW restrictions, issuance requirements have been loosened a great extent, and have went ahead and filled out the forms, all ready to be turned in as of today. But after spending about an half hour last night reading the posts here, now I'm starting to think it's not as easy as it was made out to be.

For example, I refer to this video by GunGuyTV, ( https://youtu.be/7-fxYUNd0DI?t=199 ) where Rick Travis from CRPA says Good Cause requirements is met by ANYONE who's not a felon, has a gun, and willing to go through training. Now that sounds just like a "shall issue" state which I know is not true. And reading the posts aforementioned also proves that is the case. So was Mr Travis just misinformed? What info was he sharing there?

My Good Cause was going to be just this. "Asian and afraid". Yes obviously it was going to be more "eloquent" than that. But it was going to be 6 sentences, only. Polite and concise. But I saw a post by Paladin and others saying that won't ever be enough.

I have no recreational, nor occupational reasons that justify a CCW. And I'll be frank. Me pulling the race card is just an excuse. Just like most of you, I want a CCW simply because I want to carry.

But gotta say, it's awfully weird to me that all the videos I've been watching saying their background interviews were very quick and easy, where one video said a LEO literally gave the applicant a GC to fill in, to reading the posts here where some are being asked to provide documents supporting their occupational hazards, etc etc.

My background is squeaky clean, but I'm wondering if it'll simply be a waste of time to even turn this in now. I don't worry about the $30, but I just don't want a denial record, in case this would be used against me in the future. So if I know my GC is BS, I'd rather just wait.

What do you think?


Thx for reading.
You can use the "afraid" reasoning if you can verbalize (or at least write out) why your fears are not just paranoia, i.e. documentable high crime rates in your daily routine, confrontations with criminal elements...etc. Also, being denied due to insufficient good cause will not harm your future chances. I was denied in two previous applications attempts before the new loosened standards finally allowed me to obtain my permit.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle & Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page


NRA Memberships at Discounted fee
Reply With Quote
  #3932  
Old 06-11-2021, 10:37 AM
Paul49 Paul49 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 32
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Go For It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuMember47 View Post
Hello, new member here.

I recently saw a NUMBER of vidoes saying CCW restrictions, issuance requirements have been loosened a great extent, and have went ahead and filled out the forms, all ready to be turned in as of today. But after spending about an half hour last night reading the posts here, now I'm starting to think it's not as easy as it was made out to be.

For example, I refer to this video by GunGuyTV, ( https://youtu.be/7-fxYUNd0DI?t=199 ) where Rick Travis from CRPA says Good Cause requirements is met by ANYONE who's not a felon, has a gun, and willing to go through training. Now that sounds just like a "shall issue" state which I know is not true. And reading the posts aforementioned also proves that is the case. So was Mr Travis just misinformed? What info was he sharing there?

My Good Cause was going to be just this. "Asian and afraid". Yes obviously it was going to be more "eloquent" than that. But it was going to be 6 sentences, only. Polite and concise. But I saw a post by Paladin and others saying that won't ever be enough.

I have no recreational, nor occupational reasons that justify a CCW. And I'll be frank. Me pulling the race card is just an excuse. Just like most of you, I want a CCW simply because I want to carry.

But gotta say, it's awfully weird to me that all the videos I've been watching saying their background interviews were very quick and easy, where one video said a LEO literally gave the applicant a GC to fill in, to reading the posts here where some are being asked to provide documents supporting their occupational hazards, etc etc.

My background is squeaky clean, but I'm wondering if it'll simply be a waste of time to even turn this in now. I don't worry about the $30, but I just don't want a denial record, in case this would be used against me in the future. So if I know my GC is BS, I'd rather just wait.

What do you think?


Thx for reading.
If the $30 is not an issue, go for it. Write the best GC you can modeled after the suggestions from Paladin et al.

Please also check the website CrimeMapping.com for crime in your zip code. Most likely you will be amazed at the number of incidents. I sure was. 890+ in the six months before my application was drafted. Despite living in a “desirable” neighborhood. Most of the crime was along the main drag near me, exactly where we shop, dine, bank, etc. I printed out a page for each type of crime (overall, assaults, burglaries, robberies and murder) and also marked my home location on each page.

We have an ADT home security system. ADT newsletters referenced an ADT crime map, too. That showed crime rates for my zip code compared to the national average. It did not show the location for each incident like CrimeMapping.com, but gave bar graphs comparing my zip to national average. We “enjoyed” 2.5 to 3.5 times national averages for nearly everything. Printed and included that, too.

Do the research. It will take only 30 minutes or less.

My GC is light green, recreational, but it also included local rising crime rates. My application was submitted mid April, check cashed and awaiting “the call” which is hopefully coming.

However, things have really slowed down due to the increased submissions once word got out about possible light green GCs being accepted. That certainly prompted my submission. If there is another surge after July 1st, why wait? You will just be on the tail end of that surge instead of the leading edge. Get in now and get used to waiting. Nothing will happen for two months at least anyways. So your application will be reviewed well after that July 1st date.

Go for it. Do it now. Even if you are not accepted, they may call you back later if/when criteria evolve. That was already reported here by a few whose yellow GCs were previously denied. They were called to find out if still interested.

Last edited by Paul49; 06-11-2021 at 10:41 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #3933  
Old 06-11-2021, 11:25 AM
kjc625's Avatar
kjc625 kjc625 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles County, Kalifornia
Posts: 200
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown.- View Post
Another week gone...Good luck to all the first week of April applicants. Your time is coming soon.


To all the guys who applied in March and still haven't received a call this week, make sure to go to church on Sunday.
I have been telling that to my brothers daily. LOL
Reply With Quote
  #3934  
Old 06-11-2021, 11:42 AM
DE_POINT_50 DE_POINT_50 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 8
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuMember47 View Post
Hello, new member here.

I recently saw a NUMBER of vidoes saying CCW restrictions, issuance requirements have been loosened a great extent, and have went ahead and filled out the forms, all ready to be turned in as of today. But after spending about an half hour last night reading the posts here, now I'm starting to think it's not as easy as it was made out to be.

For example, I refer to this video by GunGuyTV, ( https://youtu.be/7-fxYUNd0DI?t=199 ) where Rick Travis from CRPA says Good Cause requirements is met by ANYONE who's not a felon, has a gun, and willing to go through training. Now that sounds just like a "shall issue" state which I know is not true. And reading the posts aforementioned also proves that is the case. So was Mr Travis just misinformed? What info was he sharing there?

My Good Cause was going to be just this. "Asian and afraid". Yes obviously it was going to be more "eloquent" than that. But it was going to be 6 sentences, only. Polite and concise. But I saw a post by Paladin and others saying that won't ever be enough.

I have no recreational, nor occupational reasons that justify a CCW. And I'll be frank. Me pulling the race card is just an excuse. Just like most of you, I want a CCW simply because I want to carry.

But gotta say, it's awfully weird to me that all the videos I've been watching saying their background interviews were very quick and easy, where one video said a LEO literally gave the applicant a GC to fill in, to reading the posts here where some are being asked to provide documents supporting their occupational hazards, etc etc.

My background is squeaky clean, but I'm wondering if it'll simply be a waste of time to even turn this in now. I don't worry about the $30, but I just don't want a denial record, in case this would be used against me in the future. So if I know my GC is BS, I'd rather just wait.

What do you think?


Thx for reading.
I submitted mine on 6/3 with eloquently written "Asian and Afraid" as my GC with couple detailed scenarios. If I get denied, w/e I'll apply again or wait for SCOTUS. From what I've heard, prior denials won't have anything against your re-application. Send it!

Last edited by DE_POINT_50; 06-11-2021 at 1:49 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3935  
Old 06-11-2021, 1:09 PM
laufine laufine is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 51
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I sent my application on Monday(06/07). My GC is yellow. Check my bank account everyday to see the check is cashed or not. I think I have to wait for one month. I applied CCW in 2014 when the Peruta VS San Diego case was ruled(2-1). However, I was denied, the reason was LASD need the final decision.
Reply With Quote
  #3936  
Old 06-11-2021, 1:13 PM
meanspartan's Avatar
meanspartan meanspartan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 133
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanspartan View Post
Hey guys, just found this thread.

I had a CCW in San Diego, before moving to LA county. I applied with a similar GC statement as the one that worked in San Diego (work-related, I'm an attorney), but of course updated it to include the fact that I have now had a permit before. Hope the fact that I previously had a permit without issue weighs in my favor.

I mailed in my application via snail mail on April 12. Didn't know you could email it, oops. They cashed the $30 check on May 5. Not sure what date that puts me at, depends on when they received it in the mail I guess? No call yet.
In my situation, do you guys recommend I go ahead and just get the class done? I am pretty confident I will get the permit given I had one before, but I guess you never know. If I took the class and ended up not getting a permit, it would blow but it wouldn't be financially devastating for me or anything.

Also, how does the Live Scan work? I don't remember having to do one myself in the SD process, though they did take my fingerprints and such at the Sheriff's Office at the time. Can I get that done ahead of time too? If so, how do I do it without the LA Sheriff's form with their info?

Still waiting on my interview call...sigh...
Reply With Quote
  #3937  
Old 06-11-2021, 1:26 PM
Paul49 Paul49 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 32
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanspartan View Post
In my situation, do you guys recommend I go ahead and just get the class done? I am pretty confident I will get the permit given I had one before, but I guess you never know. If I took the class and ended up not getting a permit, it would blow but it wouldn't be financially devastating for me or anything.

Also, how does the Live Scan work? I don't remember having to do one myself in the SD process, though they did take my fingerprints and such at the Sheriff's Office at the time. Can I get that done ahead of time too? If so, how do I do it without the LA Sheriff's form with their info?

Still waiting on my interview call...sigh...
The Live Scan pDF can be found on the LASD website. There is another link to it earlier in this discussion.

https://lasd.org/wp-content/uploads/...-8016AB722.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #3938  
Old 06-11-2021, 1:50 PM
meanspartan's Avatar
meanspartan meanspartan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 133
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul49 View Post
The Live Scan pDF can be found on the LASD website. There is another link to it earlier in this discussion.

https://lasd.org/wp-content/uploads/...-8016AB722.pdf
Awesome, thanks. I just got one paid for online, it just said to get it done in the next 30 days.
Reply With Quote
  #3939  
Old 06-11-2021, 2:09 PM
Hsu Hsu is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 307
iTrader: 39 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DE_POINT_50 View Post
I submitted mine on 6/3 with eloquently written "Asian and Afraid" as my GC with couple detailed scenarios. If I get denied, w/e I'll apply again or wait for SCOTUS. From what I've heard, prior denials won't have anything against your re-application. Send it!
So what happens if you apply and get denied? Will that matter if we get shall issue?
Reply With Quote
  #3940  
Old 06-11-2021, 2:13 PM
VinhTran1 VinhTran1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 153
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Another week .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3941  
Old 06-11-2021, 2:51 PM
kjc625's Avatar
kjc625 kjc625 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles County, Kalifornia
Posts: 200
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinhTran1 View Post
Another week .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, Another week went by and no calls for 1st week of April apps.
Reply With Quote
  #3942  
Old 06-11-2021, 3:14 PM
NuMember47 NuMember47 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 2
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Thank you everyone for the responses. Evenly split and all good, compelling reasons !!! Thank you.

I've decided not to turn it in today, at least. What paladin said about July 1st seems interesting. And what Paul49 said also makes sense, what's the sense in waiting when it won't be reviewed until well later.

Well, I'm in no hurry. Heck I've waited over a decade for CCW restrictions to ease, what's a few more months, haha.

I will check out the crime stats and see if there's anything that can be used to bolster my GC.

Thx everyone. I'll sleep on it over the weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #3943  
Old 06-11-2021, 3:23 PM
09cs's Avatar
09cs 09cs is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,311
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Another dumb question for the masters in this thread.

I had a car accident 2 years ago, not at fault, LAPD showed up, but there was no police report from what I was told by the insurance agency back then. Do I just list "accident" and the date, and "N/A" for citation number and agency??

Thank you
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3944  
Old 06-11-2021, 3:49 PM
VinhTran1 VinhTran1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 153
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc625 View Post
Yes, Another week went by and no calls for 1st week of April apps.

For schedule pick up *


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3945  
Old 06-11-2021, 3:59 PM
thethreegs thethreegs is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 53
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc625 View Post
Yes, Another week went by and no calls for 1st week of April apps.
Not true, I got the call this week and I am a second week of April. Praying for ALL to get their interview
Reply With Quote
  #3946  
Old 06-11-2021, 4:16 PM
fluffygunguy fluffygunguy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Clarita
Posts: 104
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LrdVaderZ View Post
I have what may be a dumb question, if I have a COE, can it be used instead of livescan? After all, it does same checks if I remember correctly, DOJ, FBI and Firearms
No you still need to do the live scan. If you have a COE and FFL03 turn in a copy of it during your interview but having the COE in my opinion may speed up the live scan. My live scan took a week or less.
Reply With Quote
  #3947  
Old 06-11-2021, 4:19 PM
Lockdown.-'s Avatar
Lockdown.- Lockdown.- is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 379
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DE_POINT_50 View Post
I submitted mine on 6/3 with eloquently written "Asian and Afraid" as my GC with couple detailed scenarios. If I get denied, w/e I'll apply again or wait for SCOTUS. From what I've heard, prior denials won't have anything against your re-application. Send it!
Wtf why.

There was like half a dozen posts that said not to do that. AV literally said it that on his Instagram live...they're not going to issue just because you're AzN and you're afraid....


Did you even read our advice...
Reply With Quote
  #3948  
Old 06-11-2021, 4:22 PM
Lockdown.-'s Avatar
Lockdown.- Lockdown.- is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 379
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

@driftwood what are you still doing in therapy. You have your permit already. Go out and live life and leave us plebs alone. Out here flexing your permit on us.

@lufine you just submitted yours, you don't need to check your bank account everyday, just check this thread everyday. It's more depressing. You'll probably get your interview in about 19-25 weeks. Average 3 weeks or interviewing for everyone 1 week worth of applications. Welcome to therapy, I'm your host, Doctor Lockdown.
Reply With Quote
  #3949  
Old 06-11-2021, 4:27 PM
fluffygunguy fluffygunguy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Clarita
Posts: 104
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

If anyone has a connection to anyone in the undersheriff office, sheriff office, or the CCW unit, perhaps make the recommendation to allow firearm amendments to the permit after its been issued and allow the number of guns on the permit to be increased to 5. This would also be an a good way for the dept to get more funds as well especially if the BOS defunds LASD more and more. I really donít want to wait 2 years to change my guns on my permit. I would pay money right now to change my permit!
Reply With Quote
  #3950  
Old 06-11-2021, 4:29 PM
fluffygunguy fluffygunguy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Clarita
Posts: 104
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DE_POINT_50 View Post
I submitted mine on 6/3 with eloquently written "Asian and Afraid" as my GC with couple detailed scenarios. If I get denied, w/e I'll apply again or wait for SCOTUS. From what I've heard, prior denials won't have anything against your re-application. Send it!
Not smart. They probably will laugh and put it in the denial pile. You just wasted $30. You probably had a decent chance if you actually explained your GC. SMDH.
Reply With Quote
  #3951  
Old 06-11-2021, 4:29 PM
Immortal547 Immortal547 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: San Gabriel
Posts: 183
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffygunguy View Post
No you still need to do the live scan. If you have a COE and FFL03 turn in a copy of it during your interview but having the COE in my opinion may speed up the live scan. My live scan took a week or less.

As others have stated having a COE and FFL03 will NOT speed up your live scan. One such person reported 5 weeks just like everyone else at the time. It depends when you submitted. Those that got it early on took a week or so. Mine took 4 weeks. The latest reports seems to be quicker at 2-3 weeks. Guess itís just how busy they are.
Reply With Quote
  #3952  
Old 06-11-2021, 4:31 PM
fluffygunguy fluffygunguy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Santa Clarita
Posts: 104
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal547 View Post
As others have stated having a COE and FFL03 will NOT speed up your live scan. One such person reported 5 weeks just like everyone else at the time. It depends when you submitted. Those that got it early on took a week or so. Mine took 4 weeks. The latest reports seems to be quicker at 2-3 weeks. Guess itís just how busy they are.
Perhaps but turning it in during the interview helps to add to ď Good Moral CharacterĒ as well as any non resident CCWs.
Reply With Quote
  #3953  
Old 06-11-2021, 4:33 PM
thethreegs thethreegs is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 53
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown.- View Post
Wtf why.

There was like half a dozen posts that said not to do that. AV literally said it that on his Instagram live...they're not going to issue just because you're AzN and you're afraid....


Did you even read our advice...
I agree with LD. There are plenty of GC that are much more probable to be accepted. You are supposed to throw up at least a couple different ones and they will choose ONE that aligns with their guidelines. Using that as your A game may have been a pure waste of time and money.
Reply With Quote
  #3954  
Old 06-11-2021, 4:35 PM
Immortal547 Immortal547 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: San Gabriel
Posts: 183
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffygunguy View Post
Perhaps but turning it in during the interview helps to add to ď Good Moral CharacterĒ as well as any non resident CCWs.
Well yes you should since they actually ask you if you ever had a CCW on the application.
Reply With Quote
  #3955  
Old 06-11-2021, 4:40 PM
Shareef610 Shareef610 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 3
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Email

How did u find the email for the ccw unit?
Reply With Quote
  #3956  
Old 06-11-2021, 4:40 PM
Lockdown.-'s Avatar
Lockdown.- Lockdown.- is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 379
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

@thethreegs **** his $30. He's wasting a deputy's time by reading his bull**** application. That deputy's time could be better used by calling @Vinh to pick up his permit or calling @AnonCubanColombian for an interview
Reply With Quote
  #3957  
Old 06-11-2021, 4:42 PM
Lockdown.-'s Avatar
Lockdown.- Lockdown.- is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 379
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

@shareef if you literally the website where all the application information is, you can probably find it.

https://i.imgur.com/gYgofnW.png
Reply With Quote
  #3958  
Old 06-11-2021, 4:43 PM
Immortal547 Immortal547 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: San Gabriel
Posts: 183
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09cs View Post
Another dumb question for the masters in this thread.

I had a car accident 2 years ago, not at fault, LAPD showed up, but there was no police report from what I was told by the insurance agency back then. Do I just list "accident" and the date, and "N/A" for citation number and agency??

Thank you
Yes. List everything. They want you to list every moving violation or accident within the last 5 years. Not just the the ones with police reports.
Reply With Quote
  #3959  
Old 06-11-2021, 4:43 PM
driftwoodae86 driftwoodae86 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 63
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown.- View Post
@driftwood what are you still doing in therapy. You have your permit already. Go out and live life and leave us plebs alone. Out here flexing your permit on us.

@lufine you just submitted yours, you don't need to check your bank account everyday, just check this thread everyday. It's more depressing. You'll probably get your interview in about 19-25 weeks. Average 3 weeks or interviewing for everyone 1 week worth of applications. Welcome to therapy, I'm your host, Doctor Lockdown.
Im still here because Iím still invested in the process for you, and a few of my friends and family members haha
Reply With Quote
  #3960  
Old 06-11-2021, 4:49 PM
Mute's Avatar
Mute Mute is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Diamond Bar
Posts: 7,298
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

The CCW application process is not a dartboard. You don't just throw whatever you can at it and hope something sticks. That's a good way to get rejected. What LASD wants are articulate, personal reasons for needing a CCW permit. Whether we like it or not, there will always be some politics behind this. LASD is making sure to cross their T's and dot their I's so there is minimal chance of this biting them in the rear end. If it sounds like you just took someone else's good cause and tweaked it, don't be surprised if you get denied for your laziness.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle & Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page


NRA Memberships at Discounted fee
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:15 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2021, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.



Seams2SewBySusy

Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Military Boots 5.11 Tactical