Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 5:33 PM

Default Any truth to this - CA BANS .45 ACP Ammo [Satire website, not real]

http://nytimes.com.co/california-imp...cp-ammunition/

The California Legislature has passed a controversial Assembly Bill that creates a ban on the future sale and ownership of all .45 ACP ammo. The bill states that the ban on the popular ammunition is in effect immediately, however does include a 60 day grace period prior to state law enforcement enforcing the ban.

Though the ban has created a clear divide among the citizens of California, itís said to be widely supported by political figures across the state. Many politicians and citizens alike feel that that ban is a clear infringement of California citizenís second amendment rights, however; many feel that the ban is a positive step towards much needed gun control.

Joshua Lancaster, a spokesperson from the office of Governor Jerry Brown, made the following statement to the press, ďThe time to make clear cut changes surrounding our current gun laws is here. The ban on this unnecessary ammunition is a major step towards a safer society for our children. There are no obvious or justifiable reasons for one to own or use semi-automatic handgun ammunition of that caliber, if 9mm and .40 S&W rounds are sufficient for our police force to protect us with, they are sufficient for any private citizenís personal protection.

The ban does extend to .45 GAP ammunition; however has an exemption for .45 Colt ammunition, which is used exclusively in revolvers and can often be found at Cowboy Ė Action games. According to state officials, the .45 Colt ammunition is less of a concern, as statistically far fewer crimes are carried out with the use of revolvers. The billís primary objective was to reduce the use of dangerous, high powered, semi-automatic handguns.

California is the first state to ban the .45 ACP ammunition; however several government representatives across the United States have said they will be keeping a close eye on the outcome of the bill. Many representatives from democratic leaning states have indicated they would be willing to follow suit if a clear connection can be made to the reduction of violent crimes. California officials are confident in their ability to show a drastic reduction to violent crimes well before the end of the year and are hopeful the ban will be implemented on a federal level prior to then.
Old 04-17-2015, 5:35 PM

Oh boy.
Old 04-17-2015, 5:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Hard to believe
Old 04-17-2015, 5:37 PM

fake link
Old 04-17-2015, 5:40 PM
CGSSA Associate

Seriously? Dude that story is so full of **** I can smell it from here.
Old 04-17-2015, 5:43 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Yeah, that site is totally legit.

The URL is : nytimes .com. co(Which is NOT, nytimes.com)

This is their other headline...

Quote:
Marco Rubio Arrested In Arizona After Refusing To Show Green Card To Police
Come on people, it's satire click-bait.

The information posted here is not legal advice. If you seek legal advice hire an attorney who is familiar with all the facts of your case.
Old 04-17-2015, 5:42 PM
Calguns Addict

I hope so I can make a lot of money when I sell what I have to the panic buyer. Was the article dated April 1?
Old 04-17-2015, 5:44 PM

Dont click. Look at the link nytimes.com.co...has an extra .co at the end
Old 04-17-2015, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedsteel View Post
Dont click. Look at the link nytimes.com.co...has an extra .co at the end
Comes from a satirical website. Story was posted on other forums last few days.
Old 04-17-2015, 6:02 PM

Well thanks, I just checked my credit limit on purchasing a pallet of ACP.
My friend who bailed on Mommie-fornia to South Carolina likes to tweek my beek so to speak. I need to re-tweek him somehow. He is all proud of himself because he finally owns a Taurus Judge. BFD, a 410? WOW.
Closed Thread