Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 09-09-2019, 2:21 PM
rm1911's Avatar
rm1911 rm1911 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Soviet Socialist Republic of Kalifornia
Posts: 4,036
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtwin View Post
I hate to burst your bubble, but what you are typing on right now, IE calguns is in fact social media.


In a sense yes, but if they google my name, Rumplestiltskin Methuselah (hence rm1911)...ok, whoím I kidding. Thatís not my real name, but whatever my real name is, nothing from calguns would pop up.

There isnít anything that links my real name to this site nor anything Iíve ever posted. Now, sure, the feds could very well look up my IP address from my home, iPad, etc., and could maybe subpoena my gadgets and whatnot, and demand calguns turns over an IP register, etc, do a reverse lookup, etc., but that ainít the same thing.

Itíd take a much deeper scan which I agree theyíd be well able to discover. But could they really get that deep for every background check?

Yeah, I bought and sold some guns in the marketplace. So yeah, thereís a dros or two, and someone somewhere could, well, figure out but first theyíd have to know I was on calguns, and well, this ainít social media like twitter or Facebook or whatever.

And actually calguns is a social forum, not social media. In fact, precisely because thereís a level of anonymity it isnít social media. I have no idea if Bigtwin is my next door neighbor or in a other state, a girl or guy, or whatever gender or orientation.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
NRA Life Member since 1990

They're not liberals, they're leftists. Please don't use the former for the latter. Liberals are Locke, Jefferson, Burke, Hayek. Leftists are progressives, Prussian state-socialists, fascists. Liberals stand against the state and unequivocally support liberty. Leftists support state tyranny.

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-09-2019, 3:11 PM
tradecraft tradecraft is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 7,413
iTrader: 274 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1911 View Post
.
Dude look how many pictures you posted of your kids on here. If you think there's anonymity built into these forums, you are sorely mistaken (even more so in your case).
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-09-2019, 3:19 PM
Offwidth Offwidth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 624
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1911 View Post
In a sense yes, but if they google my name, Rumplestiltskin Methuselah (hence rm1911)...ok, who’m I kidding. That’s not my real name, but whatever my real name is, nothing from calguns would pop up.

There isn’t anything that links my real name to this site nor anything I’ve ever posted. Now, sure, the feds could very well look up my IP address from my home, iPad, etc., and could maybe subpoena my gadgets and whatnot, and demand calguns turns over an IP register, etc, do a reverse lookup, etc., but that ain’t the same thing.

It’d take a much deeper scan which I agree they’d be well able to discover. But could they really get that deep for every background check?

Yeah, I bought and sold some guns in the marketplace. So yeah, there’s a dros or two, and someone somewhere could, well, figure out but first they’d have to know I was on calguns, and well, this ain’t social media like twitter or Facebook or whatever.

And actually calguns is a social forum, not social media. In fact, precisely because there’s a level of anonymity it isn’t social media. I have no idea if Bigtwin is my next door neighbor or in a other state, a girl or guy, or whatever gender or orientation.
This site has probably a dozen tracking cookies that are easy to link to your IP footprint, your mobile device ids, and everything else easily extractable with a proper court order. Then you run your post lexical and sentiment analysis, figure out your orientation and what not, cross correlate with known risk factors, and send SWAT to your place of residence. All with a script.
Done all parts of that (well, not calling SWAT), for some generous compensation.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-09-2019, 3:57 PM
KatMan53's Avatar
KatMan53 KatMan53 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 57
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

How does one apply for a Social Credit Number? I am old and I do not understand...
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-09-2019, 3:58 PM
rm1911's Avatar
rm1911 rm1911 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Soviet Socialist Republic of Kalifornia
Posts: 4,036
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
This site has probably a dozen tracking cookies that are easy to link to your IP footprint, your mobile device ids, and everything else easily extractable with a proper court order. Then you run your post lexical and sentiment analysis, figure out your orientation and what not, cross correlate with known risk factors, and send SWAT to your place of residence. All with a script.
Done all parts of that (well, not calling SWAT), for some generous compensation.


Without a doubt. And itís why while Iíll use a little hyperbole from time to time, Iíve never advocated anything more than leaving kalifornia. And why Iíve never used any sorts of innuendo or slur or anything that might be taken as connotations anything other than adherence to the law for everyone and respect for everyone. Because yes, it would not take much script fu to find everything Iíve posted. And Iíve never divulged anything about me other than I am a teacher.

And when people here advocate for open defiance or open carry, all the keyboard bravado, I just say save yer money and rent a uhaul.

But thatís the thing. Googling my name would not yield anything social media until you knew more about me AND knew to look at calguns.

For sure, the moment you open a web browser pretty much everything is out there. But signal to noise ratio. Thatís all.

You are right. Itís just that the average googler isnít going to find me here (Trust me, Iíve done this)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
NRA Life Member since 1990

They're not liberals, they're leftists. Please don't use the former for the latter. Liberals are Locke, Jefferson, Burke, Hayek. Leftists are progressives, Prussian state-socialists, fascists. Liberals stand against the state and unequivocally support liberty. Leftists support state tyranny.

Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-09-2019, 4:46 PM
packnrat's Avatar
packnrat packnrat is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,885
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

as per all this, just my life status would say i should have gone crazy and shot up seven shopping malls, and two concerts by now.
with a 50 bmg machine-gun. and or a mini gun.
__________________
big gun's...i love big gun's
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-09-2019, 6:34 PM
SanJoseTeacher SanJoseTeacher is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: San Jose
Posts: 21
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Anything news coming from Alex Jones and Infowars is about as reliable as anything coming from Netroots.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-09-2019, 10:31 PM
TrappedinCalifornia's Avatar
TrappedinCalifornia TrappedinCalifornia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: What Used to be a Great State
Posts: 1,030
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJoseTeacher View Post
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Anything news coming from Alex Jones and Infowars is about as reliable as anything coming from Netroots.
Don't be too dismissive of this simply because of the source someone used. As I noted in Post #5, this was something which was evidently being talked about in certain circles before Infowars ran with it. It's also gaining some traction among bigger outlets. AZCentral is a 'local' division of USA Today.

An opinion piece from 1 September 2019... What if we used a credit rating system to keep guns out of the wrong hands?

Quote:
Buying too many guns in too short of a period of time or buying lots of ammunition would also lower the score. Ultimately, anything that demonstrates a difference of behavior should generate a warning sign and make it more difficult to purchase firearms.
Now, that's not even what's important at the moment. Look at the name of the author and note the 'bio' provided...

Quote:
Nathan Sproul is managing director of Lincoln Strategy Group and former executive director of the Arizona Republican Party.
The Lincoln Strategy Group?

Quote:
Lincoln Strategy Group is a full service political strategy and public affairs management firm... Lincoln Strategy Group has just one goal: To help you achieve your overall campaign objectives...
According to Wikipedia...

Quote:
Nathan Sproul is a noted Republican strategist and political consultant for numerous election campaigns. Sproul is the managing director of Lincoln Strategy Group, an international political consulting firm based in Arizona. He is a former executive director of the Arizona Republican Party and the Arizona Christian Coalition. Lincoln Strategy Group has a presence in over 45 states in the U.S. and is known for its grassroots outreach work in issue advocacy and ballot access.
According to The New York Times in 2012... G.O.P. Operative Long Trailed by Allegations of Voter Fraud...

Quote:
...The Republican Party, which paid Mr. Sproul about $3 million this year for work in five states, has severed its ties with him, saying it has no tolerance for voter registration fraud.

But questions about Mr. Sproul’s methods first emerged in 2004, when one of his companies, Sproul & Associates, was paid nearly $8 million during the election cycle. The payouts made the company the seventh-biggest recipient of campaign expenditures by the committee, according to an analysis by the Center for Responsive Politics...

Mike Hellon, a former chairman of the Arizona Republican Party, said that Mr. Sproul had been considered “very controversial” in Arizona Republican circles before the recent allegations, partly because of past voter registration investigations. “There are questions among a lot of people in the party about how he gets these contracts and why he gets contracts,” Mr. Hellon said...

Mr. Sproul is one of the biggest players in a for-profit industry that relies on low-paid seasonal workers who must be quickly trained in the legalities of voter registration...
Here's a transcription of an FBI interview of Sproul from 2012. But, 7 years later, he and the company are still around. He's evidently become a contributor to The Huffington Post and, in 2018, posted a piece with Fortune magazine... How Relying on Oil Makes Us More Vulnerable to Cyberattacks He's also been involved in recent political happenings... John Whitbeck’s Shady Consultant: Further Proof of the Depths to Which the Former VA GOP Chair Will Go in Loudoun County Chair Race

Most importantly for our group, however, is that his name is continually coming up in conjunction with Jeff Flake. In other words, the guy might have questionable ethics and his company might not be strictly above board, he may be a RINO, his publications seem to often lean more to the Left than to the Right; but, according to The Guardian, he also has ties to Trump and the RNC... Trump campaign and Republicans paid $1.8m to companies mired in voter fraud claims... during the 2016 campaign.

So, he's a legitimate individual and his name has been "in the game" for awhile. My guess is that this group has been engaged by 'someone' (whoever that might be) to even be posting such an article; i.e., he's not posting the 'credit rating system for gun ownership' because HE has an idea for the betterment of society. If I had to take it a step further, I'd hazard that someone is floating this as a possible 'trial balloon' to gauge the political temperature related to such a system; but, doesn't want to take it 'mainstream' just yet... if at all. In other words, as I said, it's a topic that's evidently been floating around in certain circles and they are beginning to see if it has broader appeal.

Last edited by TrappedinCalifornia; 09-09-2019 at 10:37 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-10-2019, 7:37 AM
Jimi Jah's Avatar
Jimi Jah Jimi Jah is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North San Diego County
Posts: 13,725
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

The plan is to use the internet against you. Everything you say and write can and will be used against you in a court of law. There is no statute of limitations for an internet post.

A good 50% of the population has probably already disqualified themselves from being left alone.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-10-2019, 7:46 AM
Rcjackrabbit Rcjackrabbit is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 499
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJoseTeacher View Post
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Anything news coming from Alex Jones and Infowars is about as reliable as anything coming from Netroots.
Wrong. He has an excellent track record and will admit when he does make a mistake. The guy is 100% hard core RKBA.

Like anyone listens to a teacher from the bay area? Ha. Tell me about the NEA and their defense of the 2nd amendment....
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 09-10-2019, 6:56 PM
SanJoseTeacher SanJoseTeacher is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: San Jose
Posts: 21
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcjackrabbit View Post
Wrong. He has an excellent track record and will admit when he does make a mistake. The guy is 100% hard core RKBA.

Like anyone listens to a teacher from the bay area? Ha. Tell me about the NEA and their defense of the 2nd amendment....
Nice ad hominem and straw man attack, there; rather than address my claim with evidence to back up your argument, you imply I should take you at your word, set off a personal attack by implying I am a progressive CTA/NEA member who opposes the 2A and should be ignored because I am teacher. You know nothing of my views, whether or not I am a union member or whether or not I am an NRA member. The only information you have is that I am a teacher, I believe Alex Jones has an absolutely pathetic record on accuracy (such as the entire Sandy Hook debacle he is embroiled in) and he stokes outrage in order to drive traffic to his sites. Your response does not refute my statement. Attack the argument, not the person.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-10-2019, 7:23 PM
SanJoseTeacher SanJoseTeacher is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: San Jose
Posts: 21
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrappedinCalifornia View Post

.....Snip.....

So, he's a legitimate individual and his name has been "in the game" for awhile. My guess is that this group has been engaged by 'someone' (whoever that might be) to even be posting such an article; i.e., he's not posting the 'credit rating system for gun ownership' because HE has an idea for the betterment of society. If I had to take it a step further, I'd hazard that someone is floating this as a possible 'trial balloon' to gauge the political temperature related to such a system; but, doesn't want to take it 'mainstream' just yet... if at all. In other words, as I said, it's a topic that's evidently been floating around in certain circles and they are beginning to see if it has broader appeal.
Thanks for taking the time to write up that post. I read through the opinion piece and the quoted sections on Sproul's bio and and his consulting firm. I cannot come to the same conclusions as you, though. I have several acquaintances who are content and opinion writers and I have a bit of insight into how that system operates. It can be just as reasonable for him to have written the piece because it is a current controversy circulating around the internet and being promoted by Infowars. Therefore, either he, his agent, editor, ..ect, thought a newsgroup would buy it and make some money. Papers don't buy pieces from any Joe-Schmoe, it's almost always from someone who is established as a "leader" in some field. It is possible that "someone in the game" is floating a trial balloon through him but, how likely is that? What verifiable evidence exists to back up that claim? My explanation is just as valid as yours since neither has any evidence to back it up other than our own personal experience and opinions.

Last edited by SanJoseTeacher; 09-10-2019 at 9:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-10-2019, 11:41 PM
TrappedinCalifornia's Avatar
TrappedinCalifornia TrappedinCalifornia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: What Used to be a Great State
Posts: 1,030
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJoseTeacher View Post
Thanks for taking the time to write up that post. I read through the opinion piece and the quoted sections on Sproul's bio and and his consulting firm. I cannot come to the same conclusions as you, though. I have several acquaintances who are content and opinion writers and I have a bit of insight into how that system operates. It can be just as reasonable for him to have written the piece because it is a current controversy circulating around the internet and being promoted by Infowars. Therefore, either he, his agent, editor, ..ect, thought a newsgroup would buy it and make some money. Papers don't buy pieces from any Joe-Schmoe, it's almost always from someone who is established as a "leader" in some field. It is possible that "someone in the game" is floating a trial balloon through him but, how likely is that? What verifiable evidence exists to back up that claim? My explanation is just as valid as yours since neither has any evidence to back it up other than our own personal experience and opinions.
I really don't have a dog in the hunt on this one. Actually, your scenario fits Alex Jones/Infowars better than it does Sproul. In fact, Sproul's piece came out 3 days before the piece linked to in the OP. Insofar as the 'who' that is behind it, let's just say I'm highly doubtful much 'verifiable evidence' will ever be readily available. That's the nature of trial balloons or testing the winds in politics.

All I'm pointing out is that this has been out there for awhile; since, at least, the end of last year based on the links I provided to AR15.com in Post #5. Somebody is pushing the idea and it's not Alex Jones and it's not Sproul. Most of the recent spate of articles reference a piece by The Washington Post from 22 August.

In that piece, it states...

Quote:
The concept was advanced by the Suzanne Wright Foundation and first discussed by officials on the Domestic Policy Council and senior White House staffers in June 2017. But the idea has gained momentum in the wake of the latest mass shootings that killed 31 people in one weekend in El Paso and Dayton, Ohio.
So, we know it goes back as far as 2017. Who or what is the Suzanne Wright Foundation? If you click the link from The Washington Post quote, it's stated that the organization was founded in November 2016. The Founder and Chairman is Bob Wright; Suzanne's husband. Look to the announcement from 16 November 2016...

Bob Wright Launches The Suzanne Wright Foundation to Fight Pancreatic Cancer

Quote:
Bob Wright, former Vice Chairman of General Electric, Chairman of NBC Universal... Bob Wright brings over 40 years of executive and philanthropic leadership to the fight against pancreatic cancer. During his tenure at NBC, Wright revolutionized network television, launching CNBC and MSNBC, and transforming the network into a media giant...
The President and Member of the Board of Directors is Liz Feld. Take a look at her bio...

Quote:
...During her time in office, Liz became a member of Mayor Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns... Liz has worked as the Director of News Information at ABC News and Senior Vice President of Communications for Nickelodeon... Liz also served in the Reagan White House; first as a public affairs specialist at the Office of Management and Budget, and then as a press officer for then Vice President George H. W. Bush...
Okay. Not exactly our friends in terms of guns; though there are ties to Republicans. What is it they are pushing? HARPA?

Keeping it simple, let's look at who they say are their supporters...
  • Bob Wright
  • Dr. Geoffrey Ling
  • Dean Kamen
  • Dr. Herb Pardes
  • Jessica Morris
  • Dr. Matthew Weiss
  • Dick Gephardt
  • Dr. Steven Leach
  • Karen Reeves
  • Gary Mendell
  • Mike Stebbins

One of those names should immediately jump out at you - Dick Gephardt. We just looked at Bob Wright. Is there anything readily available on the others?

Mike Stebbins - served as Assistant Director for Biotechnology, at the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy... Stebbins worked as a legislative fellow for U. S. Senator Harry Reid... Uh... More detail? According to The National Academy of Sciences...

Quote:
He was one of the first science advisers to the 2008 Obama for President campaign and served on the White House transition team after the 2008 election.
So, thus far, we have ties to one of Bloomberg's anti-gun outfits, Dick Gephardt, Obama, Harry Reid, and the former Chair of NBC... And that's only looking at four of the people involved in this push. Of course, to be fair, one of those individuals also served in a Republican administration. What about HARPA itself?

According to their FAQ...

Quote:
... Bob Wright, was stunned to learn there are no early detection tests and no curative treatments for this disease... Bob Wright founded the Suzanne Wright Foundation in Suzanne's honor, and developed the proposal to create HARPA... There are more than 9,000 known diseases and we have treatments for only 500 of them. Two out of five Americans have a disease with no cure. It takes far too long for detection, treatments and cures to make the journey from the lab to the patients. HARPA would be devoted specifically to developing these capabilities... It's mission will be to develop capabilities that will have broad applicability for diseases that have not benefited from the current system... Through its $37B annual budget, the NIH funds research that is critical to building foundational knowledge. However, the current path from basic science to applied research to commercial viability is too slow... HARPA would leverage these existing federal research assets with advancements in biotechnology, supercomputing, big data, and artificial intelligence to cure disease... HARPA must exist within HHS independent of the NIH and other agencies... HARPA could be established by the President of the United States through Executive Order, directing the HHS Secretary to develop a HARPA blueprint. Authorization and appropriation legislation are required by Congress.
Okay... So, the foundation for this got started in 2016 as part of Health research, during Obama's Administration, where some of the prominent players have ties to... uh... Left-leaning, big name players. Somewhere along the line, it came to the Trump Administration's attention in 2017 and, more recently, has, somehow, by someone, been proposed as a way to deal with 'gun violence.' We know this has been another part of the push; i.e., convince people that it is an health issue. In fact, just yesterday, USA Today had another opinion piece on the subject...

Gun violence is a health crisis, not a political football. It's time to act: Cardiologist

Quote:
The recent spate of mass shootings across the United States has reignited the debate over gun violence prevention... From the perspective of the medical community, gun violence is not primarily a political or ideological issue... it’s a public health crisis. It’s an epidemic... The problem is multifaceted and so must be our approach. Any effective response to the gun violence epidemic will need to involve government, business, the nonprofit sector and other institutions... Trained health professionals are well positioned to identify and help at-risk patients by conducting routine screenings. In addition, empowering health professionals to engage in respectful conversations about safe gun ownership — or “lethal means counseling,” as it is known — has been shown to mitigate the risk of impulsive suicides. As a nation, we must also support robust access to mental health services... Since 1996, Congress has provided no dedicated funding to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for firearm morbidity and mortality prevention research. To make real progress against the gun violence epidemic, the medical community must rally together to secure the resources to act on the evidence we already have and continue to build new knowledge about the crisis... other steps that lawmakers can and must take to reverse the epidemic: passing universal background checks, reinstating an assault weapons ban, promoting extreme risk protection orders that identify at-risk individuals, and broadening safe storage laws that protect children from accessing guns. Many such ideas command wide public support but have yet to become law...
Doesn't that sound similar to what The Washington Post article was suggesting...

Quote:
...The Suzanne Wright Foundation re-approached the administration last week and proposed that HARPA include a “Safe Home” — “Stopping Aberrant Fatal Events by Helping Overcome Mental Extremes” — project. Officials discussed the proposal at the White House last week, said two people familiar with the discussions. These people and others spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the conversations.

The attempt to use volunteer data to identify “neurobehavioral signs” of “someone headed toward a violent explosive act” would be a four-year project costing an estimated $40 million to $60 million...
Of course, The Daily Caller reported on this back in August, adding, what I guess they felt was a 'tasty' nugget...

Quote:
President Donald Trump has a close relationship with Bob Wright, who founded the foundation after his wife died of cancer. Wright was a former chair of NBC and occupied that position while the president hosted “The Apprentice.”
Well... Let's just say, once again, that this has been "a thing" being discussed in certain circles, pushed by certain people, for several years now. It didn't just spring into being from 'nothing' as a conspiracy theory concocted by Alex Jones and InfoWars.

In other words, what began as, potentially, a true interest in disease and health has, in part, been 'twisted' in terms of what it could/should be applied to in the interest of agenda. That seems to be the very concern with UBC and "red-flag laws." It also seems to have been precisely why public funding for 'gun violence research' was severely curtailed; i.e., it became agenda driven/corrupted.

Like I said, I don't have a dog in the hunt. But, as I also said, don't be too dismissive of this simply because of the source someone used. Looking for specific, verifiable evidence in terms of Sproul, who is doing precisely what, et al. is beyond the limits of my time and resources. However, it isn't that big a leap based on the modicum of documented material I just presented to say that there are BIG names and, evidently, some big money involved and we know that at least some of those names are not, precisely, "friends of the 2nd Amendment" and other names are outright "enemies of the 2nd Amendment."

Last edited by TrappedinCalifornia; 09-11-2019 at 12:10 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-11-2019, 12:47 AM
smittty smittty is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,260
iTrader: 14 / 94%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm1911 View Post
....... It whatís funnier is that now if you donít have any social media youíre seen as suspect, having something to hide.
Not true!

Lots of social media accounts are being abandoned or closed because users want privacy and to distance themselves from it.

Itís about ďlikesĒ and eventually only the mentality Iíll will have accounts, making them the ineligible to own a gun.

My wifeís a head hunter, and sheís thorough about searching anyoneís social media history. Employers are looking for the right fit, and as a fly on the wall sort of speak, I would avoid social media!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-11-2019, 2:59 PM
rm1911's Avatar
rm1911 rm1911 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Soviet Socialist Republic of Kalifornia
Posts: 4,036
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittty View Post
Not true!



Lots of social media accounts are being abandoned or closed because users want privacy and to distance themselves from it.



Itís about ďlikesĒ and eventually only the mentality Iíll will have accounts, making them the ineligible to own a gun.



My wifeís a head hunter, and sheís thorough about searching anyoneís social media history. Employers are looking for the right fit, and as a fly on the wall sort of speak, I would avoid social media!


As well they should. But my point was Iíve never had any of the social media stuff. The big, ubiquitous stuff. Iíve purposefully avoided any and all of it.

But itís that like 98% of people will have something social media related, even if itís a moribund, our of date, Facebook page, Instagram, etc. Or whatever. So itís almost expected that youíd have something. If thereís nothing bad there, good news.

But itís like credit. I had a friend who hated credit cards. Older guy. Never had one. Literally bought his car with cash. Had almost no credit history. However, never missed any bills or anything ever. It wasnít that he had bad credit history, but pretty much none at all. He and his wife wanted to downsize after kids moved out. They ran a credit check on him and he had trouble qualifying for a loan. They told him heíd have been better with bad credit than none at all.

If someone wanted to do a search for me, theyíd come up pretty empty. So my lack of presence is what would stand out. Better I should post nothing but cat videos and complaints about the dodgers bullpen.
__________________
NRA Life Member since 1990

They're not liberals, they're leftists. Please don't use the former for the latter. Liberals are Locke, Jefferson, Burke, Hayek. Leftists are progressives, Prussian state-socialists, fascists. Liberals stand against the state and unequivocally support liberty. Leftists support state tyranny.

Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-11-2019, 3:26 PM
Californio Californio is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: So. Cal
Posts: 3,954
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Here is the problem - abuse of POWER.

I am a 4X Son of the American Revolution - I love the Republic.

The Republic is not in vogue today, so I am not in vogue, meaning some bureaucrat can deny my Constitutional Rights to the 1st and 2nd Amendment because my politics are different than theirs.

Today in a 7-2 vote the SCOTUS finally grew a pair and allowed a Executive Branch Rule, banning asylum seekers from Central and South American, if they first don't apply for asylum in Mexico.

The activist Judge in San Francisco and the 9th Circus got their asses handed to them - finally.

In a perfect world maybe but in a world that wants to discard the Republic for Marxism - no way in hell, ask Hong Kong if you need a reference.

Subjective and arbitrary systems can be manipulated by those in power, look at the No Fly List and the people on it that should not be.

Read your World History, it is the same old, same old, nothing has evolved the human political world, in the last 6,000 years, nor will it anytime soon.
__________________
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Last edited by Californio; 09-11-2019 at 3:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:47 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.