Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 09-04-2019, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instajc556 View Post
So I applied last month and got everything taken care of, I have been waiting for approval and today I got an email saying my Cause is not good enough which I honestly believed it was. They asked me to resubmit it but I’m stumped. Can anyone help me out? I don’t know what to do now.
Im curious as to what your good cause was. I havent applied yet but I've heard everyone else saying most good cause statements are accepted.
Old 09-04-2019, 9:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infunny_securityman View Post
Im curious as to what your good cause was. I havent applied yet but I've heard everyone else saying most good cause statements are accepted.
I think I would go to the deputy that did my interview and see if he/she might give me some guidance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2019, 4:07 PM

Smile

Quote:
So I applied last month and got everything taken care of, I have been waiting for approval and today I got an email saying my Cause is not good enough which I honestly believed it was. They asked me to resubmit it but I’m stumped. Can anyone help me out? I don’t know what to do now.
I’m surprised they didn’t tell you during your interview that the cause was not good enough since they go over your good cause at that time.

They seem to want the good cause to focus purely on your self-defense only due to potential crimes committed against you, they don’t seem to want to hear that you want to protect your family and friends only. A couple of people I talked to focused on defense from animals while hiking and they were told to re-write their good cause. Once they added that they wanted to CCW for self protection against attacks, robberies, etc.., their cause was accepted.

I hope everything works out for you.
Old 09-06-2019, 8:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitheoritis View Post
I’m surprised they didn’t tell you during your interview that the cause was not good enough since they go over your good cause at that time.

They seem to want the good cause to focus purely on your self-defense only due to potential crimes committed against you, they don’t seem to want to hear that you want to protect your family and friends only. A couple of people I talked to focused on defense from animals while hiking and they were told to re-write their good cause. Once they added that they wanted to CCW for self protection against attacks, robberies, etc.., their cause was accepted.

I hope everything works out for you.
yea I assumed since they didnt that it was good enough, i might have made a mistake on it though as they just asked me to make a correction but didnt specify what.
Old 09-06-2019, 3:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopper View Post
I think I would go to the deputy that did my interview and see if he/she might give me some guidance.

^^^ This... Before I submitted my good cause I sent it to my investigator to look over. He recommended a few changes and all was good.
Old 09-07-2019, 1:13 AM

Default Interview

I just submitted my CCW application online. I have an interview scheduled for October 18. I feel nervous, to be honest. I was wondering what are things that I should expect or if there is anything to do or any way to prepare for the interview? Thank you for your time.
Old 09-07-2019, 4:41 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The RSO interviewer was completely cool. They are on our side and want responsible people to have these.

I'm sure they are scrutinizing us as far as mental fitness goes but its imperceptible. Instead, they're going over our submission packet to make sure everything is in order. The bulk of the time was spent discussing and reviewing good cause. My guy didnt write it for me but told me exactly what remove and walked me through things I could add or alter.

He was extremely friendly and personable. Present yourself well. Dress nicely, you dont need a suit but I'd avoid shorts and sandals. Bring a file with copies of all your submissions, your ID, I would get my training and certification out of the way and have all that uploaded. Be as relaxed as possible for the interview but a little nervousness shows its important to you. Good luck

Old 09-07-2019, 4:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrb009 View Post
I just submitted my CCW application online. I have an interview scheduled for October 18. I feel nervous, to be honest. I was wondering what are things that I should expect or if there is anything to do or any way to prepare for the interview? Thank you for your time.

I am a very anxious person. Take it from me that RSO CCW process including qualifying with my firearm was so less worrisome then my own mind made it out to be, the deputies were so helpful and great sense of humor, they know it’s stressful and they want to help and get us civilians approved. Just be honest and yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2019, 5:04 AM

I am seriously considering applying for a CCW permit in Riverside County. I live in a rural area where the closest Sheriff's substation is about 25 miles away and the Highway Patrol may cruise through once or twice a day. Given that there is basically no police protection and response time for a 911 call would be considerable, would those reasons be considered good cause for a permit ?
Old 09-07-2019, 6:23 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Rego View Post
I am seriously considering applying for a CCW permit in Riverside County. I live in a rural area where the closest Sheriff's substation is about 25 miles away and the Highway Patrol may cruise through once or twice a day. Given that there is basically no police protection and response time for a 911 call would be considerable, would those reasons be considered good cause for a permit ?
Yes, that would be a part of a good cause, I would add a lot more to it such as the high crime rates in this state and the amount of "non-violent" offenders being released into the public and that you are in fear of possible attacks and robberies and that you want to be allowed to carry in order to lawfully defend yourself in case of such an event.

I would make the good cause as detailed and clear as possible, mine was almost a full page when I was done writing. My investigator said it was a good cause during the interview, but I also haven't been approved yet either.
Old 09-07-2019, 6:46 AM

I am currently at 7 weeks since I applied for CCW, 5 weeks since my interview, and 4 weeks since my live scan was completed 100%. All other requirements have been met, including class and qualifications and all documents uploaded to the system.

I contacted the CCW unit by email on 9/3 to see if I could get a status update and verify if there was anything that I didn't do, I haven't received any response yet.

My concern now is, I was told by my investigator that I would need to get the yellow copy of my Live Scan form when it was completed and upload the yellow copy to the their system. When I completed my Live Scan at the Hemet Sheriff station, the lady that helped me gave me both the white and pink copies of the forms, I told her that the investigator wanted the yellow copy and she told me that they keep the yellow copy and I get the white and pink copies, she told me what's the difference, your going to scan it in black and white so they won't even know what color it is anyway, so I left with the white and pink copies and uploaded the white copy.

I hope that this didn't cause any problems for me, I'm concerned that since I didn't get the yellow copy to upload, they are considering me incomplete. Also, the white copy that I have indicates that it was supposed to be for the "Live Scan Operator" and the pink copy of for the "Applicant".

I don't want to keep contacting them and make anyone mad and I don't have any direct number or email for the investigator that I had, he just gave me a blank sheriff's business card with the regular phone number and email that is available on the website.

Does anyone know if this might be an issue or should I wait little longer before I contact them again? They may just be extremely busy and the wait may be much longer now before approvals are granted, but several people that I work with and have completed their CCW recently have stated that it seems like it's been a long time and I should have heard something by now. Thank you for any information.
Old 09-07-2019, 7:20 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I am currently at 7 weeks since I applied for CCW, 5 weeks since my interview, and 4 weeks since my live scan was completed 100%. All other requirements have been met, including class and qualifications and all documents uploaded to the system.

I contacted the CCW unit by email on 9/3 to see if I could get a status update and verify if there was anything that I didn't do, I haven't received any response yet.

My concern now is, I was told by my investigator that I would need to get the yellow copy of my Live Scan form when it was completed and upload the yellow copy to the their system. When I completed my Live Scan at the Hemet Sheriff station, the lady that helped me gave me both the white and pink copies of the forms, I told her that the investigator wanted the yellow copy and she told me that they keep the yellow copy and I get the white and pink copies, she told me what's the difference, your going to scan it in black and white so they won't even know what color it is anyway, so I left with the white and pink copies and uploaded the white copy.

I hope that this didn't cause any problems for me, I'm concerned that since I didn't get the yellow copy to upload, they are considering me incomplete. Also, the white copy that I have indicates that it was supposed to be for the "Live Scan Operator" and the pink copy of for the "Applicant".

I don't want to keep contacting them and make anyone mad and I don't have any direct number or email for the investigator that I had, he just gave me a blank sheriff's business card with the regular phone number and email that is available on the website.

Does anyone know if this might be an issue or should I wait little longer before I contact them again? They may just be extremely busy and the wait may be much longer now before approvals are granted, but several people that I work with and have completed their CCW recently have stated that it seems like it's been a long time and I should have heard something by now. Thank you for any information.
I am 2 weeks behind you but my event timing is different.

I applied online 5 weeks ago,
I got trained and qualified 3 weeks ago.
Had my interview and livescan this past week. Livescan completed their investigation and reported within 2 days.
So technically I have been waiting for only a couple of days. When I went in for the interview, there were two guys there picking up their permits

My interviewer told me that when they get the livescan back they compile everything and submit it upstairs for signatures and final approval.

Good luck

Old 09-07-2019, 8:02 AM

Do you have any criminal records? Any issues? Not judging. If your clean slate than nothing to worry. That simple.
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3o7WTCBePyp2GCamIM" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/scared-donald-trump-bernie-sanders-3o7WTCBePyp2GCamIM">via GIPHY</a></p>
Old 09-07-2019, 4:02 PM

Are the interview questions still the same ones on the old PDF from before they went to the online system, and under Sniff’s tenure?
Old 09-07-2019, 4:07 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratchett View Post
Are the interview questions still the same ones on the old PDF from before they went to the online system, and under Sniff’s tenure?
There are far less questions on the new form than were on the old form. It seems to be more streamlined.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp5marley View Post
Do you have any criminal records? Any issues? Not judging. If your clean slate than nothing to worry. That simple.
Hey, I don’t know if your question was directed to me because I said I was worried but yes, I have a clean slate. No charges or anything. I just feel like I should feel guilty for wanting a ccw and they will bombard me with “why do you need it?” questions especially since I’m 23. I don’t know why I’m overthinking haha but I never had an encounter with police or any law enforcement so I just feel neevius being questioned by law enforcement officers for some reason haha. I know they aren’t out to give me a hard time though but no, I am not worrried about any record or anything because I have a clean slate.
Old 09-08-2019, 9:08 PM
Snake..Snake? SNAAAAKKE!!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Hey, I don’t know if your question was directed to me because I said I was worried but yes, I have a clean slate. No charges or anything. I just feel like I should feel guilty for wanting a ccw and they will bombard me with “why do you need it?” questions especially since I’m 23. I don’t know why I’m overthinking haha but I never had an encounter with police or any law enforcement so I just feel neevius being questioned by law enforcement officers for some reason haha. I know they aren’t out to give me a hard time though but no, I am not worrried about any record or anything because I have a clean slate.
So I just got my LTC about 2 months now and seriously no need to overcomplicate it. The "interview" is merely a review of your application and confirming what the info YOU put on your app is all correct. The staff overall are supportive. During that time the investigator will ask questions about "what you do" (employment/school) and look over your GC.

Just be like Fonzie...and what's Fonzie like???

BTW I'm 30 but because I'm Asian I look your age LOL Don't show up in boardshorts and flip flops. I went in with jeans and polo. Good luck in your app!!!

Vinny

Old 09-09-2019, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny_land View Post
So I just got my LTC about 2 months now and seriously no need to overcomplicate it. The "interview" is merely a review of your application and confirming what the info YOU put on your app is all correct. The staff overall are supportive. During that time the investigator will ask questions about "what you do" (employment/school) and look over your GC.

Just be like Fonzie...and what's Fonzie like???

BTW I'm 30 but because I'm Asian I look your age LOL Don't show up in boardshorts and flip flops. I went in with jeans and polo. Good luck in your app!!!

Vinny
Thank you for your help; I feel much more comfortable. Yes, I was also planning on going in jeans and at least in a nice presentable shirt haha. I hope all goes well though. Thanks again!
Old 09-09-2019, 9:05 AM

Quote:
Thank you for your help; I feel much more comfortable. Yes, I was also planning on going in jeans and at least in a nice presentable shirt haha. I hope all goes well though. Thanks again!
I wore a pair of slacks and a polo shirt, i treated it as if it were a job interview but I know a bunch of guys who just wore jeans and a polo and had no issues. doesn't hurt to be as presentable as possible.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:08 PM

Got approval today for my CCW!

Here is my complete timeline from start to finish:

Application: July 17th
CCW class and qualification: July 21st
Interview: July 31st
Live scan: August 1st
Live scan background check (DOJ, FBI, Firearms) complete: August 7th
Approval: September 9th

A total of 7 weeks. Now I just need to go pick it up.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Got approval today for my CCW!

Here is my complete timeline from start to finish:

Application: July 17th
CCW class and qualification: July 21st
Interview: July 31st
Live scan: August 1st
Live scan background check (DOJ, FBI, Firearms) complete: August 7th
Approval: September 9th

A total of 7 weeks. Now I just need to go pick it up.
Congrats

Old 09-09-2019, 1:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I just got my approval call as well. Here's my timeline;
Online Application: July 31st
Class and Qualification: August 10th
Interview & Livescan: September 3rd
Livescan check complete: September 5th
Approval and final fees: September 9th
Picking up permit: September 10th

All in all just under 6 weeks. I am so impressed with how streamlined this process is. The RSO deserves a big thanks for their efforts with the CCW process and personnel.
Old 09-09-2019, 1:21 PM

Quote:
I just got my approval call as well. Here's my timeline;
Online Application: July 31st
Class and Qualification: August 10th
Interview & Livescan: September 3rd
Livescan check complete: September 5th
Approval and final fees: September 9th
Picking up permit: September 10th

All in all just under 6 weeks. I am so impressed with how streamlined this process is. The RSO deserves a big thanks for their efforts with the CCW process and personnel.
Congratulations to you as well!

I just went and picked-up my permit card at Ben Clark, I only waited about 10 minutes ( I got there at 1:30) and they asked me to verify the information on my permit card and sent me on my way. Extremely easy.
Old 09-09-2019, 1:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Congratulations to you as well!

I just went and picked-up my permit card at Ben Clark, I only waited about 10 minutes ( I got there at 1:30) and they asked me to verify the information on my permit card and sent me on my way. Extremely easy.
I didn't know you could pick up on Monday
Old 09-09-2019, 4:57 PM

Smile

Quote:
I didn't know you could pick up on Monday
I didn't know about that, I just raced down there to pick it up because I didn't want to wait another day. At least they gave it to me though.
Old 09-10-2019, 4:24 PM

Do I need to complete my 8 hour training class before the interview? or can I wait to see if Im accepted first? I dont want to waste money on the training course if my application isnt accepted.
Old 09-10-2019, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofie View Post
Do I need to complete my 8 hour training class before the interview? or can I wait to see if Im accepted first? I dont want to waste money on the training course if my application isnt accepted.

I waited until after my interview for that same reason.

Old 09-10-2019, 6:17 PM

Smile

Quote:
You don't need to complete the 8 hour training class prior to your interview, but they seem to like that it's completed with the qualifications prior to the interview. It won't cause any problems for you if you don't do it though.

The odds that you'll be rejected are very low, the only way you would get rejected is if there is something on your record.
Old 09-10-2019, 6:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Jeeeeze...have some confidence yourself. By statute, you you can't be required to take training before GC approval. However, training never hurts, and if you have it done, your application can move forward as soon as the GC is approved.

Best.
Old 09-12-2019, 1:12 PM

Got the approval yesterday
Online application: Jul 20th
Interview: Aug 6th
Livescan submitted: Aug 7th
Livescan approval: Aug 10th
Class & Qualification Aug 18th
Approval & final fee: Sep 11th
Picked up: Sep 12th

I could have possibly received it sooner but due to my schedule I had to wait to take the qualification class. process was fairly easy and straight forward and the deputy was very helpful when there was an issue with my good cause.
Old 09-12-2019, 1:53 PM

Smile

Quote:
Got the approval yesterday
Online application: Jul 20th
Interview: Aug 6th
Livescan submitted: Aug 7th
Livescan approval: Aug 10th
Class & Qualification Aug 18th
Approval & final fee: Sep 11th
Picked up: Sep 12th

I could have possibly received it sooner but due to my schedule I had to wait to take the qualification class. process was fairly easy and straight forward and the deputy was very helpful when there was an issue with my good cause.
Congratulations!
Old 09-13-2019, 1:55 PM

How difficult is it to add other firearms at a later date? What is the process? I don’t have the exact firearm that I would want for EDC but I’m thinking I might proceed anyway and just add it later. I apologize if this has been answered already.

I’m located I Temecula and I’ve been watching this thread since Bianco was elected. Very happy with the turn of events.

Old 09-13-2019, 2:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacook1 View Post
How difficult is it to add other firearms at a later date? What is the process? I don’t have the exact firearm that I would want for EDC but I’m thinking I might proceed anyway and just add it later. I apologize if this has been answered already.

I’m located I Temecula and I’ve been watching this thread since Bianco was elected. Very happy with the turn of events.

very easy to modify permit to add firearm fill out online app for modification qualify with new gun and submit qualify paperwork online and pay $14.71 may i suggest using ben clark for training your investigator will set you up for it
Old 09-14-2019, 7:28 PM

Good evening, I'm in the Banning Beaumont area and was wondering where those local to me went for their live scans?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-14-2019, 8:36 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okami View Post
Good evening, I'm in the Banning Beaumont area and was wondering where those local to me went for their live scans?

Thanks in advance!
Riverside county requires a sheriffs office to do livescan for new applicants . I would expect tou should do Banning/Beaumont sheriffs office

Old 09-18-2019, 9:40 AM

Default Verbiage in Final Approval Emails

Hello, this Monday I received an email with the subject "Your Permit has been Issued". I also received an automated phone call that same day, but NO text msg. After I made my $82 payment, I received one last email with the subject "Final Payment Received". My question is, should I be expecting more emails before I contact the investigator for an appointment? I'm also reading that appointments are not needed. I'm just trying to be respectful of my investigator's time, and don't want to call to schedule a pickup if I'm still within the waiting period. I'm not sure if Administration still has to give final approval after the final payment is made. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2019, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSpirit View Post
Hello, this Monday I received an email with the subject "Your Permit has been Issued". I also received an automated phone call that same day, but NO text msg. After I made my $82 payment, I received one last email with the subject "Final Payment Received". My question is, should I be expecting more emails before I contact the investigator for an appointment? I'm also reading that appointments are not needed. I'm just trying to be respectful of my investigator's time, and don't want to call to schedule a pickup if I'm still within the waiting period. I'm not sure if Administration still has to give final approval after the final payment is made. Thanks.
Just make sure the unit is open, and go in during open hours and tell the front desk you're there to pick up your permit. It likely won't even be your investigator who will be handing you your permit.

www.theshootersblog.com
Old 09-21-2019, 6:57 PM

What does the 8 hour training course at ben clark consist of?
Old 09-21-2019, 9:39 PM

The 8 hour course provides in class training, a lunch break, and range qualification for the firearms you want on your permit. I actually enjoyed the class quite a bit and found it rather interesting. The staff are all great to work with. I would highly recommend doing your training with them. It’s also cheaper then any of the other classes available.
Old 09-22-2019, 6:25 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDWeaponry View Post
The 8 hour course provides in class training, a lunch break, and range qualification for the firearms you want on your permit. I actually enjoyed the class quite a bit and found it rather interesting. The staff are all great to work with. I would highly recommend doing your training with them. It’s also cheaper then any of the other classes available.
I did mine at Riverside Indoor Shooting Range for about $100. Just curious, what does Ben Clark Training Center charge?