Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-09-2021, 10:20 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Will the recent Fed level discord affect the Newsome recall movement?

New ammunition given to Newsome backers that the effort is a Trump/conservative endeavor and deflect the spotlight from poor management of California. Anyone following the issue closely feel the recent empowerment of the Dems will hurt the cause?

"You want my sister but now scam my Glocks too?
How about my sister? what can she do now? Still virgin and need Glcok."

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 01-09-2021, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AregularGuy View Post
New ammunition given to Newsome backers that the effort is a Trump/conservative endeavor and deflect the spotlight from poor management of California. Anyone following the issue closely feel the recent empowerment of the Dems will hurt the cause?
Recalling Newsome will go from nearly impossible to metaphysically impossible as it will rally his majority voters to have something to fight against.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2021, 1:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I read the recall numbers reached 1 million.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 01-09-2021, 1:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
I read the recall numbers reached 1 million.
Correct! That's why I'm asking. I heard the fight to at least get this on the ballot was gaining momentum. There were several large donations made recently, one was $500K I think. But as the Uncivil Engineer mentioned, with recent events and the recall movement being touted as Trump/conservative endeavor, will Dems that signed the petitions or otherwise would have, now have a change of heart?

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 01-09-2021, 2:02 PM

Well Duh! It’s an insurrection cause directly by Trump. SMFH
Old 01-09-2021, 2:03 PM
Veteran Member

The recall promotion needs to push the message of COVID malfeasance, the grease bag having fun breaking his mandates that were clearly aimed at the masses, not the governmental elite.
Old 01-09-2021, 2:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Correct! That's why I'm asking. I heard the fight to at least get this on the ballot was gaining momentum. There were several large donations made recently, one was $500K I think. But as the Uncivil Engineer mentioned, with recent events and the recall movement being touted as Trump/conservative endeavor, will Dems that signed the petitions or otherwise would have, now have a change of heart?
Even if we get it on the ballot they will deploy Dominion

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Old 01-09-2021, 2:12 PM

Keep pushing for the recall no matter what. Let's take this selfish dictator down once and for all.
Old 01-09-2021, 6:34 PM
From anotha motha
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

No, sheep will be sheep, the complacent will be complacent.
Old 01-09-2021, 9:12 PM

Unfortunately, many people are happy with an excuse to not work, and the government welfare checks makes it easy on them, so Nuisance will not be recalled. Handing out money for people to not work is bad policy, but it's good politics for the pinkos.
Mauserguy
Old 01-09-2021, 9:27 PM

Motivation. The more they hammer down the greater the resistance will be. People are waking up. Have faith.

God bless us all. God bless DJT.

Last edited by Opappy; 01-09-2021 at 9:35 PM..
Old 01-09-2021, 11:16 PM

Out of a population of around 40 million, a recall petition of 1 million means nothing. California is a pure Marxist state. The only way for citizens who oppose Marxism, to change California's impact on them is to take over cities and counties....and small ones at that. And then as county and city governments, have enough support from a solid majority of your voting population to engage in open defiance of the state laws and orders... including banding together with like minded counties to attack California financially through tax law suits and threats of forming an independent state. The counties should issue both open and concealed carry permits to anyone who asks for one. They should assist their citizens in opposing and even defying all state gun laws. It should come right to the tip of insurrection... and even cross that line if necessary.
Old 01-09-2021, 11:18 PM

Of course it will. It will be another huge hurdle, legal nor illegal.
Old 01-10-2021, 1:10 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Anyone care to give their thoughts on how the Gov. Davis recall was different? I wasn't in CA at the time and don't know the make up or sentiment. Was it possible then because CA was more center than lefty? Or were there other factors. They did vote in a Republican after that, even if some say he was a RINO.

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 01-10-2021, 1:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
Even if we get it on the ballot they will deploy Dominion
Exactly! I have a hunch Dems have been cheating at the voting booths for a long time.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:05 AM
I need a LIFE!!

It took months of abuse and punishment to get 1 million signatures. There are only two months left.

Newsolini has a 59% approval rating here. He's not going anywhere until Kamel toe appoints him VP.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:46 AM
Veteran Member

Even if we dont win we still have to try..

We still need 500,00 more signatures to get it on the ballot.

It will make the statement that not all Calfornians are happy with his crap.

Old 01-10-2021, 3:08 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Anyone care to give their thoughts on how the Gov. Davis recall was different? I wasn't in CA at the time and don't know the make up or sentiment. Was it possible then because CA was more center than lefty? Or were there other factors. They did vote in a Republican after that, even if some say he was a RINO.
Davis was recalled due to the electricity scandal crisis and DMV fees which were going to skyrocket. Schwarzenegger won and while I didn’t think he was a RINO I think he was pretty powerless when the senate is left wing.

Newsom has some worries.....the coronavirus pandemic, high crippling unemployment, devastating wildfires we had sime of the biggest fires in the history of California) and a very very poorly timed fancy dinner all the while telling us what to do......he’s got reasons to worry.

Unfortunately lots of people think he’s doing a great job because the media will never crucify him as they would a republican governor running a liberal thinking state. I actually surprised they even reported the French Laundry fiasco. But I guess they had to since it went to social media.

Last edited by Rob454; 01-10-2021 at 5:50 PM..
Old 01-10-2021, 5:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob454 View Post
Davis was recalled due to the electricity scandal crisis and DMV fees which were going to skyrocket. Schwarzenegger won and while I didn’t think he was a RINO I think he was pretty powerless when the senate is left wing.

Newsom has some worries.....the coronavirus pandemic, high crippling unemployment, devastating wildfires we had sime of the biggest fires in the history of California) and a very very poorly timed fancy dinner all the while telling us what to do......he’s got reasons to worry.

Unfortunately lots of people think he’s doing a great job because the media will never crucify him as they would a republican governor running a live rally state. I actually surprised they even reported the French Laundry fiasco. But I guess they had to since it went to social media.
Thank you!

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 01-11-2021, 2:11 AM

The people that voted for Newsome like him, he was a known product .
Old 01-11-2021, 9:26 AM

There was an article that I read this morning mentioning that a Biden Administration will highlight Newsomes failures in handling the pandemic. Their point, although brief, was that Newsome will no longer be able to blame Trump for his mismanagement of supplies, low ICU availability, and slow vaccine roll out.

The article even mentioned that the freezer in Ukiah going down was a “good thing,” since the clinc started pulling people off the streets and vaccinating rather then implamenting his Health Advisors slower tier system.

Of course by the end of the article they were making excuses for him, but it was nice to see an article mention that he can’t rely on blaming Trump anymore. I mean... he still will, but it’ll only make him look even more inept and drive people to recall him.
Old 01-11-2021, 9:31 AM
I need a LIFE!!

By then the petition period is over. Start again like the last one failed?

By then he's VP so it won't matter.
Old 01-11-2021, 4:36 PM

If the lockdowns don't stop in the next 6 weeks I can see small business owners (who are also democrats) feeling the need for a more conservative approach.

It's not just one side of the political spectrum that are suffering in California because of the lockdowns. This isn't a party line issue, this is people's livelihoods.
Old 01-11-2021, 4:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandardFinn View Post
If the lockdowns don't stop in the next 6 weeks I can see small business owners (who are also democrats) feeling the need for a more conservative approach.

It's not just one side of the political spectrum that are suffering in California because of the lockdowns. This isn't a party line issue, this is people's livelihoods.
I get it, that it's not a one party movement. That's just the narrative they are pushing to fire up the lefties. The other issue is that there are many people that see the continued increases of cases as due to people not "following the rules", usually blaming those on the right, for not wearing masks, wanting to go outside, etc. "Lockdowns work but you're not doing it right", they'll say.

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 01-11-2021, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
By then the petition period is over. Start again like the last one failed?

By then he's VP so it won't matter.
Is Newsom the strongest candidate for that post? Maybe Cuomo or one of the previous democrat presidential candidates?
I apologize for the off-topic.
Old 01-12-2021, 12:33 AM
Wretch
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandardFinn View Post

If they need six more weeks, they’re sheep who will remain sheep.
That's cool I don't do glocks.
“Republicans, you better VOTE on November 6th! Let’s keep winning!” -@RyanAFournier
Old 01-12-2021, 4:52 AM

According to Politico, Davis himself compared the two situations thus...

Quote:
...“Nobody has been dealt a tougher hand than Gavin Newsom,” Gray Davis, the former California Democratic governor who was recalled in 2003, said in an interview. “Look, I had the energy crisis and a recession. He has a pandemic we haven’t seen for 100 years. He has the fallout from that pandemic, racial injustice, wildfires, and I think I’m leaving something out. But nobody, no living governor, has had to experience as many crises as him.”...
Some of this is going to depend on how Newsom proceeds. As an example, some think that Trump "hijacked" Governor Cuomo's Twitter account yesterday based on what he said...

Quote:
We simply cannot stay closed until the vaccine hits critical mass. The cost is too high. We will have nothing left to open. We must reopen the economy, but we must do it smartly and safely.
Further...

Cuomo clipped a piece for a Twitter post yesterday... Where he emphasized reopening. Yes. It's full of Left-Wing rhetoric, but it was premised on 'reconstruction,' e.g., 'opening.'

If Newsom were to start talking about reopening, then going with Cuomo in terms of the Left-Wing stuff such as...

Governor Newsom Announces Golden State Stimulus, a Budget Proposal to Help Low-Income Californians through $600 Rapid Cash Payments, and Calls for Extension of Eviction Moratorium

...where the Feds push through more 'stimulus spending' that offers the cash for such 'programs' and he actually does, at least, some of it, then...

Yes, it has the potential to "hurt the cause."

What's going to be 'allowed' through with the 'discord' could and likely will have an impact; even if it simply buys Newsom 'enough' time to leave the Governor's office and move into another political position (VP or Cabinet?) or retrenching his own power base, something he's already in the process of doing... Biden appointments give Newsom chance to reshape California politics. As I noted a month ago in quoting a piece on the recall...

Quote:
...If he faces a recall, Newsom would have advantages. He would have no donation limits on his fundraising, opening the way for a record flood of cash to defend his seat. Democrats have a nearly 2-to-1 advantage in registered voters.

The potential election could also increase the chances he picks longtime friend and Secretary of State Alex Padilla to fill the U.S. Senate seat that will be vacated by Vice President-elect Kamala Harris. Facing uncertainty, Newsom needs a loyalist in Washington who will embrace his priorities, including securing federal funds for the virus and wildfires...
Old 01-12-2021, 8:56 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker777 View Post
Even if we dont win we still have to try..
We still need 500,00 more signatures to get it on the ballot.
It will make the statement that not all Calfornians are happy with his crap.
Plus we can add our names and addresses to Newsome's enemies list.

Coumo won't be VP, he killed Grandma.
Old 01-12-2021, 12:25 PM

Recall petitions, voting, opposition to the socialists are being rendered irrelevant.

When Harris legalizes 20-25 million new welfare recipients, a large portion of whom reside in the People's Republik, the "D" welfare voting block will grow to roughly 80 million nationwide. The People's Republik will see the current democrat 2 - 1 registered voter advantage likely double, perhaps triple.

If the welfare voting bloc doesn't prevail, democrats have Dominion and their vote counting apparatus to produce the desired "voting" outcome. Republicans are not only up against this, they are being censored by big tech and their donors targeted by a growing list of large corporations.
Old 01-12-2021, 1:36 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70runner View Post
Recall petitions, voting, opposition to the socialists are being rendered irrelevant.

When Harris legalizes 20-25 million new welfare recipients, a large portion of whom reside in the People's Republik, the "D" welfare voting block will grow to roughly 80 million nationwide. The People's Republik will see the current democrat 2 - 1 registered voter advantage likely double, perhaps triple.

If the welfare voting bloc doesn't prevail, democrats have Dominion and their vote counting apparatus to produce the desired "voting" outcome. Republicans are not only up against this, they are being censored by big tech and their donors targeted by a growing list of large corporations.
They need to disperse the illegals and also the many more refugees to areas outside of California, and better yet (for them) to Red states. This will give their plan maximum impact to the voting block you mentioned.

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 01-13-2021, 12:18 AM

From Tuesday (1/12) on CalMatters - Democrats liken Newsom recall effort — a legal option in California — to extremist ‘coup’

Quote:
When is a constitutionally outlined petition campaign to remove an elected leader actually a “treasonous” effort to subvert the democratic process?

According to the California Democratic Party, when Republicans are on one side of the campaign and Gov. Gavin Newsom is on the other.

In a press conference this afternoon, the state’s largest political party denounced the germinating effort to ask voters to recall Newsom, likening it to the mob laden with white supremacists and conspiracy theorists that stormed the U.S. capitol building last week in a fruitless effort to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

“Some of the same individuals and groups who were encouraged by California Republican leaders and (who) attacked the people’s house are also engaged in a recall effort against Governor Gavin Newsom right here in California,” said party chairperson Rusty Hicks. “This recall effort, which really ought to be called ‘the California coup,’ is being led by right-wing conspiracy theorists, white nationalists, anti-vaxxers and groups who encourage violence on our democratic institutions.”...
In a sense, the "Federal discord" has been cast as an unconstitutional uprising or insurgency. "Traitors" are being pursued and will be prosecuted. Never again will such activity from Right-Wing Extremists be allowed to taint the righteousness of Democrat (as opposed to 'democratic') politics.

Clearly, Democrats are attempting to run the same narrative on the recall efforts and make it all part of the 'same' story. Propaganda or a 'warning' for those who choose the 'wrong' side?
Old 01-13-2021, 9:35 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
They need to disperse the illegals and also the many more refugees to areas outside of California, and better yet (for them) to Red states. This will give their plan maximum impact to the voting block you mentioned.
Why would you expect them to do that? The entire point of bringing them here is to own CA politics.
Old 01-13-2021, 9:38 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by billofrights View Post
Why would you expect them to do that? The entire point of bringing them here is to own CA politics.
Mission accomplished! They've had a super majority of dems in CA, neutering any gop efforts, for the past several elections. Time for them to take it to a national stage.

---ARegularGuy

NRA Patron Member
Old 01-23-2021, 6:53 PM

Look: this is simple, gentlemen and ladies. Get out and sign the petition.

Anyone who cares about this is not going to sit around wringing their hands about the minority of anarchists who did their thing in D.C. That was very bad, but irrelevant to this recall issue.

We have a Governor who totally screwed up the vaccination program, who is chasing business out of our state, who allows unrestricted illegal immigration, who expanded Obamacare to cover illegals, who is anti-gun, who will appoint a new Atty General who will be as bad as, or worse than Becerra or Harris, who has helped ruin our public K-12 schools, who has screwed up the homeless problem, and who will appoint a socialist to fill Harris's Senate seat. And that's not all.....

I went to the recall website (you can find it), and you will find there a list of business and other locations where you can sign the recall petition. I went to a local business listed on the website. It happened to be a Mexican restaurant doing take out business, so we bought some take out while there. My wife and I signed the petition there. The owner and I had a nice but brief chat and he is totally on board with firing Newsom.

We will be back to patronize the business after we get fully vaccinated, which is in process.

The count is now "over 1.1 million" on the petition. Under State law, 1.5 million is needed, BUT we need more than that because the bureaucrats will disqualify some signatures. If you have a friend who is wavering on signing the petition, it's not just about 2A. It's about the shocking incompetence of Gavin Newsom across the board.

Be sure to sign it exactly the way you sign the voter register when you vote in person, or when you vote by mail. Remember voting in person? We need to go back to that concept.

We can do this, but the deadline, sometime in March, is coming up fast. Set aside the time and DO IT!

“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We’ll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we’ll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. ” (Ronald Reagan, 1964)

Last edited by Go Navy; 01-24-2021 at 8:25 AM.. Reason: Found typo
Old 01-23-2021, 10:14 PM
Calguns Addict

According to Congressman McCarthy tonight we are 1.2 million, at least .3 million to go.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:28 AM

Get out of the house and sign the petition ! Then vote the smuck out !

Psalm 1
Old 01-24-2021, 3:01 AM

Encouraging people to "Sign the Recall Petition" is fine and a necessary step. But, it's not the be all, end all of the discussion. In fact, it's actually the beginning, not an end unto itself. As a result, I took the OP question...

Quote:
...to be more broadly based than simply getting enough signatures on the petition. As an example, from the Los Angeles Times on Saturday...

Recall Newsom effort has ties to far-right movements, including QAnon and virus skeptics

Quote:
...But a Times investigation found that recall campaign leaders, seeking to capitalize on the darkening public mood, allied with radical and extreme elements early on to help collect signatures. Those included groups promoting distrust of government, science and medicine; peddlers of QAnon doomsday conspiracies; “patriots” readying for battle and one organization allied with the far-right extremist group, the Proud Boys.

The recall gave those fringe factions a higher profile and a shared villain. They helped energize the campaign with large and often inflammatory rallies over masks, in support of Trump and against the election they falsely say was stolen from the former president — ripe venues to harvest petition signatures.

Many supporters of the recall are not extremists and may not be aware of the far-right groups involved with the effort. But with the violent insurgency at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, organizers are grappling with the consequences of their alliances. They now insist the extremists don’t represent the values of the recall movement but continue to associate with them, amid a national debate about how far is too far when it comes to winning in politics...
Even if you get enough signatures with the needed 'cushion' (bearing in mind it's a guesstimate as to how many will be disqualified), you still have to get a candidate a majority can rally around. Then you have to get enough voters to see that candidate as a 'superior' alternative to Newsom. That's what I took the OP question to be getting at and the concern inherent in the OP appears to be exactly what's happening. As I said before, Democrats are attempting to run the same narrative on the recall efforts (which go beyond the petition) and make it all part of the 'same' story as they've been running on the Capitol protest; that it's Right-Wing, fringe elements who do not represent "the People" at large and such elements must be quashed.

Again I (rhetorically) ask: Propaganda or a 'warning' for those who choose the 'wrong' side? Unfortunately, the way it's going at the moment, it appears to be both.

Last edited by TrappedinCalifornia; 01-24-2021 at 3:15 AM..
Old 01-24-2021, 8:31 AM

Naturally and predictably, the left seeks to discredit the recall movement by associating it with right wing nut cases. This is the sort of phony argument the left used throughout the Trump administration. Saying it doesn't make it so.

As I understand it, and I did not research this, there would be two elections. One would be "yes or no" on recalling Newsom. If he is recalled (fired by the voters), then there would be an election to choose a new Governor, while the Lt. Governor runs the shop.

So, yes, California will need an outstanding candidate to run for Governor if Newsom is fired.

Eat the apple one bite at a time.

“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We’ll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we’ll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. ” (Ronald Reagan, 1964)
Old 01-24-2021, 8:51 AM

Default Elections

In the case of recalls there are two elections on the same ballot.
Question 1: recall yes/no?
Question 2: who do you want if the person is recalled; a,b,c, or write-in.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:38 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.G. View Post
According to Congressman McCarthy tonight we are 1.2 million, at least .3 million to go.
Don't forget when they are submitted many will be disqualified for minor errors. We really need almost 2 million signatures and that is not going to happen here no matter what Newsolini does next.