Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 12-08-2022, 1:46 PM

Hey out of curiosity whats the fastest time you guys have seen someone get their CCW’s for COCO county? From start to finish. Cause i’m going through concord PD and they’re moving cocaine fast. If you guys wanna see my progress and timeline so far check out the CITY OF CONCORD discussion that i started.
Old 12-08-2022, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_FEMALE_MAN View Post
Hey out of curiosity whats the fastest time you guys have seen someone get their CCWs for COCO county? From start to finish. Cause im going through concord PD and theyre moving cocaine fast. If you guys wanna see my progress and timeline so far check out the CITY OF CONCORD discussion that i started.
I don't know anyone active on the forums who has gotten their license since Bruen. I think approvals from different issuing agencies are going to mirror the race to finish Human Genome project.
In the sense that people who waited and applied with cities or other IA's month's after Bruen are going to get approved at the same time as the people who applied to the county immediately after Bruen.
Old 12-08-2022, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremey View Post
That's who I used.

They are VERY picky about the holster that you use for your "practice" gun. Make sure it's a kydex holster. No leather or nylon. They don't care so much about the holster that you use for qualification, but no iwb holsters.

Also, make sure you have electronic hearing protection.
I spoke to Denise today. Apparently you don't need a holster for the single day training as they don't do live fire from holster draw in the 8hr course. Only the two day, 16hr course has it. So I can at least avoid buying holsters I wouldn't use more than once.
Old 12-08-2022, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmew1 View Post
I spoke to Denise today. Apparently you don't need a holster for the single day training as they don't do live fire from holster draw in the 8hr course. Only the two day, 16hr course has it. So I can at least avoid buying holsters I wouldn't use more than once.
I took the 16 hour course (Not 8 hour) from another trainer (Expert Firearms - Roy Bryson). The course was well presented and covered a great deal. The qual section was thorough and I passed. Wondering now, would the 16 hour course also satisfy the required 8 hour course for CoCo? I assumed it would, as it does end in a CCW certificate for other counties. Does anyone know the answer to this? Sure hope I haven't forced myself to take a third (incl. CoCo) qualification test.

Note: Expert Firearms did complete the CoCo Attestation for me.
Old 12-08-2022, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackharper View Post
I took the 16 hour course (Not 8 hour) from another trainer (Expert Firearms - Roy Bryson). The course was well presented and covered a great deal. The qual section was thorough and I passed. Wondering now, would the 16 hour course also satisfy the required 8 hour course for CoCo? I assumed it would, as it does end in a CCW certificate for other counties. Does anyone know the answer to this? Sure hope I haven't forced myself to take a third (incl. CoCo) qualification test.

Note: Expert Firearms did complete the CoCo Attestation for me.
Yes, it does. I'm in process with both Concord and CoCoSO. I sent the 16 hour course paperwork to Pete and they accepted it.