Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 05-05-2021, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
An Integra Type R with a spoon B18C engine would get my money in a heartbeat. The mouth waters when I think of it.
Same. It’s like a TTI g34 “combat master”. Will probably buy another g34 with my gssf coupon so I can send it off for those mods. It’s still a Glock but at least it’s good for JW memes

Last b series spoon engine was sold a while ago. We missed the boat. It’s officially the era of K20

Btw OP, I’d be interested when you sell your customized Glock for below msrp. It’s used and modded so I’m expecting a great price in your for sale ad
Old 05-05-2021, 5:12 PM

I like upgrading and modding all my toys
Old 05-05-2021, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divingin View Post
That said, competition shooters spend stupid amounts of money to get a firearm with features that make it easier to be accurate with.

As an example, my Pardini standard pistol is inherently no more accurate (or at least not much more accurate) than a Ruger Mark series or a Colt Woodsman; the grips, trigger, sights, and recoil dampening system make it easier to shoot consistently and accurately, albeit at a cost. $2600 vs $500-700 (retail non-CA prices.)
That's the difference between practical accuracy and mechanical accuracy.

Mechanical accuracy is what the gun can do without human intervention (Ransom rest).

Practical accuracy is what it does when a human is pulling the trigger.

Lighter, smoother trigger pull, shorter reset (for follow-up shots), any recoil mitigating measures, trigger length/reach, grip countours, etc. all affect the practical accuracy of a gun.
Old 05-05-2021, 6:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Boombatz View Post
People are doing this with Berettas as well. I've seen quite a few that have had parts swapped out with Vickers, Wilson Combat, etc. and then ask double what the stock gun costs new. I'm not talking about a gun that was sent to these companies and worked on, just a gun that's had parts swapped out.

I'm not a competitive shooter. I own firearms primarily for self defense. I really enjoy taking classes and it's just fun to learn how each firearm I won operates. I've had my Berettas stripped down to just the frame. I think it's important to know how to maintain and replace parts and have a good understanding and working knowledge of how each firearm you own works. This is why I've taken every firearm apart that I own pretty much before I even take it to the range.

I've done some simple, basic modifications on my handguns. I always started out shooting them stock in a class, and then determine what, if any upgrades I may want. usually it's simple, sights, an extended mag release, etc. On others like a Springfield Loaded Target 1911 9mm that one stayed completely stock after a class. Usually any modification I have made is easily reversible and I can go back to stock easily. I've done a bit on my Beretta M9A1 like a Langdon trigger job in a bag, which did make a night and day difference compared to stock. For the Glocks it was sights, vickers mag release and a Glock extended slide lock and done deal.

I just don't get how some think adding a few aftermarket parts commands the much higher price in the used market. Guys do this all the time in the used guitar market. They'll take a relatively common guitar, swap out the pickups, wiring harness, etc. with something aftermarket and think think they'll get double the asking price of a stock guitar.

Usually, whenever someone customizes something it's customized specifically to them and in my eyes that makes it less marketable because you may have just dramatically reduced the number of people interested in that item, making it harder to sell.
Not sure if it's included in the Langdon TJIAB, but the optimized trigger bar takes a Beretta from good to great. Greatly minimizes trigger reset. An overtravel screw makes the trigger amazing.
Old 05-05-2021, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert1234 View Post
Not sure if it's included in the Langdon TJIAB, but the optimized trigger bar takes a Beretta from good to great. Greatly minimizes trigger reset. An overtravel screw makes the trigger amazing.
I have there LTT trigger job in a bag with the optimized trigger bar. Definitely a game changer.
Old 05-05-2021, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
An Integra Type R with a spoon B18C engine would get my money in a heartbeat. The mouth waters when I think of it.
Yeah, but your mouth also waters thinking of Bill Gates' ex.
Old 05-05-2021, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Boombatz View Post
Yeah, but your mouth also waters thinking of Bill Gates' ex.
Who's mouth doesn't water thinking of her (bank account)?