Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #6361  
Old 08-03-2021, 10:04 AM
Immortal547 Immortal547 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: San Gabriel
Posts: 234
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanspartan View Post
It's really scummy. It should not be so arbitrary and random. If it's a denial, fine, send out the denial letter promptly. Unless people are just too embarrassed to say on here, I don't think we've had anyone confirm they were denied, at least not in the couple of months I've followed this thread. Are they just going to send out thousands all at once?

And if you dare to raise the 90 day legal requirement that they treat as a joke, it probably is just an auto-denial lol. Yet if us peasants ever miss a legal deadline for anything, it gets held against us immediately.

Hopefully SCOTUS mandates shall issue. I'm glad LA is more reasonable than it used to be, but this is still absurd.
Pursuant to California Penal Code section 26205, the Department shall give written notice to the applicant if the license is denied within 90 days of the initial application for a new license or a license renewal or 30 days after receipt of the applicant's criminal background check from the Department of Justice, whichever is later.

It's actually 30 days after they get your background check from the DOJ. That would be the later date. Also that only applies if they are denying your application. As you yourself said no one has reported they have been denied so the penal code doesn't apply to you waiting over that time period for your license pickup. If you happend to be denied after all this time than you have a bone to pick with them.
__________________
LA County CCW Holder 5/2021

Re-elect ~Sheriff Alex Villanueva~
Reply With Quote
  #6362  
Old 08-03-2021, 10:05 AM
LrdVaderZ LrdVaderZ is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: North Hollywood
Posts: 39
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Nothing on my end yet
__________________
GC: Mix of LR, Y and LG

4/21 Application accepted
6/14 Preemptively started Livescan
6/19 LiveScan fully complete
7/15 Deputy called (with unacceptable date/time). Will call back (I hope)

8/3 - Still no call back from deputy about rescheduling (18 days so far)
Reply With Quote
  #6363  
Old 08-03-2021, 10:11 AM
meanspartan's Avatar
meanspartan meanspartan is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 202
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal547 View Post
Pursuant to California Penal Code section 26205, the Department shall give written notice to the applicant if the license is denied within 90 days of the initial application for a new license or a license renewal or 30 days after receipt of the applicant's criminal background check from the Department of Justice, whichever is later.

It's actually 30 days after they get your background check from the DOJ. That would be the later date. Also that only applies if they are denying your application. As you yourself said no one has reported they have been denied so the penal code doesn't apply to you waiting over that time period for your license pickup. If you happend to be denied after all this time than you have a bone to pick with them.
Incorrect.

"The licensing authority shall give written notice to the applicant indicating if the license under this article is approved or denied. The licensing authority shall give this notice within 90 days of the initial application for a new license or a license renewal, or 30 days after receipt of the applicant’s criminal background check from the Department of Justice, whichever is later. If the license is denied, the notice shall state which requirement was not satisfied."

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...ctionNum=26205.

It sounds like wherever you were pulling it from was quoting it selectively to create the false impression that the time limit only applies to denials. Was that from LASD's website? If so, LOL.

True, they can wait until 30 days after receipt of the background check, but mine for example has now been complete since June 20. Unless DOJ is taking several weeks to deliver the results, they missed their legal deadline. I won't complain of course, because then they'll just deny me.
__________________
Application Mailed In - April 12
Check Cashed - May 5
Called for Interview - June 14
Interview Conducted - June 16
Livescan submitted - June 16
Livescan completed (firearms) - June 20
Training and qualification - June 26

(but note I completed my training early, without LASD telling me to proceed. Decided to risk it. Hoping to get a call soon)

Last edited by meanspartan; 08-03-2021 at 10:27 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6364  
Old 08-03-2021, 10:18 AM
E.Daniel24 E.Daniel24 is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 55
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianescobal84 View Post
Morning guys. Just got my call for interview this Thursday in Whittier. My question is on the email it states to wait in my car till personnel calls me. Is that what you guys did. Sit in your car till you get a phone call??

App submitted 5/3
Check cashed 6/2
GC light red. (Small automotive repair business owner)

Bruh May???
Reply With Quote
  #6365  
Old 08-03-2021, 10:19 AM
meanspartan's Avatar
meanspartan meanspartan is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 202
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown.- View Post
@KJC and everyone who is ****ting LASD.

I hate it when people complain about issues but don't offer any solutions.

"Occupy Wall Street" - Let's camp out in front of City Hall
"Black Lives Matter" - Let's march and kneel

And btw, I'm all for taxing rich people and Black Lives Matter, but there's no goal or tangible solution. Same games with Kansas Jesus Chiefs (KJC).

You have 4,000 + applications and hundreds more coming in every week.
You're department is defunded and have 7 deputies or less (Most likely 3 or 4) screening applications, conducting interview, reviewing livescan, calling for pick up and issuing.

We're on track for what? 1500 permits in the last 6-8months? So roughly 200 permits per month from a dead ****ing stop.

LASD is issuing permits quicker than Orange County, which has a more mature program.

Please offer your suggestions on how to make this process better instead of bitching online you keyboard warrior.

As a reminder, LASD has a multitude of responsibilities and issuing CCW permits is probably not on the top ten or even top twenty of their priority list.

Quit your bitchin', get your ******* bleached and balls shaved. Just because this process is taking a long time due to resource constraints doesn't mean it's unprofessional. Ya damn Karen.
I see where you are coming from, but I think you're making excuses for a government entity which violates our constitutional rights just by this process having to exist. To make matters worse, they also ignore the state law imposed time limit which exists to protect a prompt process.

Yes, it's much better than before, and I'm grateful for that. I don't blame the deputies, who I'm sure are working their butts off to handle all this. But given they are so overwhelmed, the Sheriff needs to ease up the checks and move to shall issue for anyone who clears a background check and clears quals, unless they can point to a clear reason why an extended process is called for for that person.

And unless someone needs an extended check for some reason, it's not really acceptable to have people who applied a month earlier still waiting for an interview while others are already picking up permits. Maybe they are denied, fine, but if so notify them of that.

Hopefully SCOTUS resolves this garbage soon.
__________________
Application Mailed In - April 12
Check Cashed - May 5
Called for Interview - June 14
Interview Conducted - June 16
Livescan submitted - June 16
Livescan completed (firearms) - June 20
Training and qualification - June 26

(but note I completed my training early, without LASD telling me to proceed. Decided to risk it. Hoping to get a call soon)

Last edited by meanspartan; 08-03-2021 at 10:25 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6366  
Old 08-03-2021, 10:19 AM
driftwoodae86 driftwoodae86 is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 98
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Anyone else in mid/late april waiting for calls?

Got one on the 19th still waiting. I know a couple of you are still too.

I think we got the slower deputy ��
Reply With Quote
  #6367  
Old 08-03-2021, 10:24 AM
LARES LARES is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 45
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

@Brianescobal84 when I went I called him when I parked and he came and got me
Reply With Quote
  #6368  
Old 08-03-2021, 10:26 AM
Immortal547 Immortal547 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: San Gabriel
Posts: 234
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanspartan View Post
Incorrect.

"The licensing authority shall give written notice to the applicant indicating if the license under this article is approved or denied. The licensing authority shall give this notice within 90 days of the initial application for a new license or a license renewal, or 30 days after receipt of the applicant’s criminal background check from the Department of Justice, whichever is later. If the license is denied, the notice shall state which requirement was not satisfied."

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...ctionNum=26205.

True, they can wait until 30 days after receipt of the background check, but mine for example has now been complete since June 20. Unless DOJ is taking several weeks to deliver the results, they missed their legal deadline. I won't complain of course, because then they'll just deny me.
I don’t have it off hand but they changed it and removed the approved part on the application awhile back.

But yes. If you are denied definitely bring it up. But if you are approved than wait patiently. Some other counties have a one year wait just for the interview.
__________________
LA County CCW Holder 5/2021

Re-elect ~Sheriff Alex Villanueva~
Reply With Quote
  #6369  
Old 08-03-2021, 10:29 AM
kjc625's Avatar
kjc625 kjc625 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles County, Kalifornia
Posts: 230
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown.- View Post
@KJC and everyone who is ****ting LASD.

I hate it when people complain about issues but don't offer any solutions.

"Occupy Wall Street" - Let's camp out in front of City Hall
"Black Lives Matter" - Let's march and kneel

And btw, I'm all for taxing rich people and Black Lives Matter, but there's no goal or tangible solution. Same games with Kansas Jesus Chiefs (KJC).

You have 4,000 + applications and hundreds more coming in every week.
You're department is defunded and have 7 deputies or less (Most likely 3 or 4) screening applications, conducting interview, reviewing livescan, calling for pick up and issuing.

We're on track for what? 1500 permits in the last 6-8months? So roughly 200 permits per month from a dead ****ing stop.

LASD is issuing permits quicker than Orange County, which has a more mature program.

Please offer your suggestions on how to make this process better instead of bitching online you keyboard warrior.

As a reminder, LASD has a multitude of responsibilities and issuing CCW permits is probably not on the top ten or even top twenty of their priority list.

Quit your bitchin', get your ******* bleached and balls shaved. Just because this process is taking a long time due to resource constraints doesn't mean it's unprofessional. Ya damn Karen.
At least, you got your interviews and talking like this, but there are many who still didn't even get the interview with early application. It bothers me to see such an unorganized way to process this CCW BS. As a retired LEO, this is not how we worked. At least, when I worked in the detective bureau, I always focus on my assigned cases with 100 percent of my efforts and attention to take care of people involved in the cases. I always reminded my trainees and myself that people come first before all bureaucrat BS.

Yes, I understand that people are bitching and whining without solutions. But the truth is that people who got served really don't give a damn about others who have not received the service. People deserved more than a generic we got your app email replies. From time to time, public servants need to be reminded about the oath we took to serve and to protect the public. We work for the public, not the BS democrat bureaucrats.

Of course, no one wants to hear whining, but when you stop people from speaking out against bureaucrats, that's when we lose our freedom.
__________________
Pro aris et focis - Pro Deo et patria
God, Family, Country in order to keep the great land of America Free and Great.
BLUE LIVES MATTER
ALL LIVES MATTER

Needs firearms and tactics training? Wait no more. PM me for the personal one-to-one training. Over 25 years of teaching experience in law enforcement and civilian training. (18 years in law enforcement teaching and 25 years in civilian teaching.) Covers all types of the weapon system.

Last edited by kjc625; 08-03-2021 at 10:33 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6370  
Old 08-03-2021, 10:30 AM
meanspartan's Avatar
meanspartan meanspartan is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 202
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal547 View Post
I don’t have it off hand but they changed it and removed the approved part on the application awhile back.

Also you did your livescan early without them telling you to so you did fudge the timeline as well.

But yes. If you are denied definitely bring it up. But if you are approved than wait patiently. Some other counties have a one year wait just for the interview.
No I didn't, I did my livescan after they told me to at the interview. I only did the training early.

And no, they didn't remove the "approved" part. It's still in the current operative code that whether approved or denied, they must notify you within that specified time limit.

This is all academic of course, since they know they can just ignore it under threat of denying you if you complain. To paraphrase Dennis Reynolds from Always Sunny, "Yes they could complain, but they won't, because of the implication"
__________________
Application Mailed In - April 12
Check Cashed - May 5
Called for Interview - June 14
Interview Conducted - June 16
Livescan submitted - June 16
Livescan completed (firearms) - June 20
Training and qualification - June 26

(but note I completed my training early, without LASD telling me to proceed. Decided to risk it. Hoping to get a call soon)

Last edited by meanspartan; 08-03-2021 at 10:32 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6371  
Old 08-03-2021, 10:32 AM
meanspartan's Avatar
meanspartan meanspartan is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 202
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc625 View Post
At least, you got your interviews and talking like this, but there are many who still didn't even get the interview with early application. It bothers me to see such an unorganized way to process this CCW BS. As a retired LEO, this is not how we worked. At least, when I worked in the detective bureau, I always focus on my assigned cases with 100 percent of my efforts and attention to take care of people involved in the cases. I always reminded my trainees and myself that people come first before all bureaucrat BS.

Yes, I understand that people are bitching and whining without solutions. But the truth is that people who got served really don't give a damn about others who have not received the service. People deserved more than a generic we got your app email replies. From time to time, public servants need to be reminded about the oath we took to serve and to protect the public. We work for the public, not the BS democrat bureaucrats.
Ya I for sure see where you are coming from. My process has been fine so far, but I'd be pissed if they hadn't even called me for an interview yet.

Good luck to your guys.
__________________
Application Mailed In - April 12
Check Cashed - May 5
Called for Interview - June 14
Interview Conducted - June 16
Livescan submitted - June 16
Livescan completed (firearms) - June 20
Training and qualification - June 26

(but note I completed my training early, without LASD telling me to proceed. Decided to risk it. Hoping to get a call soon)
Reply With Quote
  #6372  
Old 08-03-2021, 10:32 AM
Immortal547 Immortal547 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: San Gabriel
Posts: 234
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanspartan View Post
I see where you are coming from, but I think you're making excuses for a government entity which violates our constitutional rights just by this process having to exist. To make matters worse, they also ignore the state law imposed time limit which exists to protect a prompt process.

Yes, it's much better than before, and I'm grateful for that. I don't blame the deputies, who I'm sure are working their butts off to handle all this. But given they are so overwhelmed, the Sheriff needs to ease up the checks and move to shall issue for anyone who clears a background check and clears quals, unless they can point to a clear reason why an extended process is called for for that person.

And unless someone needs an extended check for some reason, it's not really acceptable to have people who applied a month earlier still waiting for an interview while others are already picking up permits. Maybe they are denied, fine, but if so notify them of that.

Hopefully SCOTUS resolves this garbage soon.
If you believe so strongly that they are violating your constitutional right than you should not apply and carry anyway. You donít play the game knowing the rules and then bitch about them after losing because you thought the rules are unfair. The sheriff cannot move to shall issue because he would be violating California law.
__________________
LA County CCW Holder 5/2021

Re-elect ~Sheriff Alex Villanueva~
Reply With Quote
  #6373  
Old 08-03-2021, 10:36 AM
meanspartan's Avatar
meanspartan meanspartan is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 202
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal547 View Post
If you believe so strongly that they are violating your constitutional right than you should not apply and carry anyway. You donít play the game knowing the rules and then bitch about them after losing because you thought the rules are unfair. The sheriff cannot move to shall issue because he would be violating California law.
So because I am playing along to not break an unjust law, it means I can't criticize that law? And I haven't lost yet. Maybe I will be denied, and if so, so be it, I'll see if SCOTUS does anything. But so far I'm on track.

Several counties in California are effectively shall-issue. The Sheriff here could do the same.
__________________
Application Mailed In - April 12
Check Cashed - May 5
Called for Interview - June 14
Interview Conducted - June 16
Livescan submitted - June 16
Livescan completed (firearms) - June 20
Training and qualification - June 26

(but note I completed my training early, without LASD telling me to proceed. Decided to risk it. Hoping to get a call soon)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:36 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2021, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.



Seams2SewBySusy

Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Military Boots 5.11 Tactical