Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > CA Election Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CA Election Forum Discussion, Planning and Activism for California local elections

Old 09-24-2018, 10:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Props Guide

So now that the prop commercials are in full swing and getting annoying already, are there any guides out yet or just even detailed into on the props so i can make an informed choice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Old 09-24-2018, 11:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Pick a flavor:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
So now that the prop commercials are in full swing and getting annoying already, are there any guides out yet or just even detailed into on the props so i can make an informed choice?
Secretary of State
Ballotpedia
Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Assoc
Easy Voter Guide
CA Public Radio
CalMatters
LA Times
Sac Bee

Last edited by Dvrjon; 09-24-2018 at 11:28 PM..
Old 09-25-2018, 7:34 AM
Veteran Member

I almost always vote NO on propositions. I think I will vote YES on 6 this time.
Old 10-25-2018, 7:45 AM

Yump, same here, No on everything but Measure 6
Old 10-25-2018, 8:04 AM
From anotha motha

Kfi voter guide
Old 10-29-2018, 6:59 PM

YES on 7. stop the changing of clocks to DST
Old 10-29-2018, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamNRice View Post
It's the reverse, it's intention is to keep DST in effect. In other words California would never return to standard time and we would have sunrise at 8:30am in December. The wording on it actually doesn't mandate anything as far as I could tell, it just circumvents the language that California "can't" stay on DST. as of now going onto DST is optional, it's just not optional that you can stay on it.
Old 10-29-2018, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamNRice View Post
Prop 7 would allow state lawmakers to vote on changing Daylight Saving Time. Lawmakers would be able to choose year-round Daylight Saving Time, if allowed by federal law. Any change would require support from two thirds of California’s Legislature. Until then, Prop 7 would keep California’s current Daylight Saving Time schedule.

The proposal would be to apply DST full time, if approved by the feds.
Old 10-29-2018, 8:12 PM

Yes on Prop 6. No on everything else.

Millennial.

Continuously learning...

Official Firearms Policy Coalition member
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/
Old 10-29-2018, 8:16 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
The proposal would be to apply DST full time, if approved by the feds.
This.
Federal law says that a state must follow the assigned DST schedule, OR remain on standard time year-round (like AZ and HI)
Any deviation must be approved by Congress.
Prop 7 authorizes the state to petition Congress to allow us to remain on DST year-round.
I hope it happens... don't like driving home in the dark, and I drive to work in the dark anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 10-29-2018, 8:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Yes on 6 and on 5 as well. Older homeowners should not be punished for selling a home that's larger than they need now. Anything that denies CA tax dollars I'm for, so definite yes on 5.

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

NRA Memberships at Discounted fee
Old 10-29-2018, 8:54 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mute View Post
Yes on 6 and on 5 as well. Older homeowners should not be punished for selling a home that's larger than they need now. Anything that denies CA tax dollars I'm for, so definite yes on 5.
Beyond that... if a natural disaster destroys their home, it preserves their exemption into the new home.
The state is already getting 10% of our income. Property taxes on top of that are pure theft.

Quote:
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member

Voting yes on 5, 6, and 11. No on everything else.
Old 10-30-2018, 6:04 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick61 View Post
Voting yes on 5, 6, and 11. No on everything else.
Ask yourself why AMR (an ambulance company) is pushing 20 million into the campaign?
They CLAIM that it writes into law the "long standing practice" of paying while on break.
Then why are they facing a 100 million settlement?
Could it also be that this might give them a competitive advantage over smaller ambulance companies? Why aren't ALL ambulance companies supporting this if it's so good?

Also remember that there is no definition of "emergency call"... and 90% of ambulance company business is transporting the elderly between hospitals and convalescent homes.

No on 11.

Quote:
Old 10-31-2018, 8:41 AM
I need a LIFE!!

so yes only on 5, 6 and 7?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Old 10-31-2018, 7:00 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
so yes only on 5, 6 and 7?
That's how I went

Quote:
Old 10-31-2018, 7:08 PM

I am voting yes on 6 and 5 and no on everything else. too many loopholes in the actual wording on the rest and it is a trademark of special interests to make everything mean at least two things. Make sure you vote yes on 6 and then 5 and no on everything else. As for politicians no voting for incumbents except where Josh H from the bay area is concerned. A Newsom clone from what i can tell and pelosi backer. Good luck to all of us. It is winter time so i guess I am switching from guns to building hot rods.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big red View Post
I am voting yes on 6 and 5 and no on everything else. too many loopholes in the actual wording on the rest and it is a trademark of special interests to make everything mean at least two things. Make sure you vote yes on 6 and then 5 and no on everything else. As for politicians no voting for incumbents except where Josh H from the bay area is concerned. A Newsom clone from what i can tell and pelosi backer. Good luck to all of us. It is winter time so i guess I am switching from guns to building hot rods.
People should vote no on 6! Our roads need to be fixed and billions in current infrastructure projects underway will be de-funded.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:54 AM

Vote yes on Prop 6 to repeal the 30 cents per gallon gas tax imposed on US by Jerry Brown which has driven up prices on goods delivered by diesel trucks as well! Use the 38 billion going to Israel instead!:

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...9&postcount=10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevied View Post
People should vote no on 6! Our roads need to be fixed and billions in current infrastructure projects underway will be de-funded.

Last edited by JusticeQuest; 11-01-2018 at 11:59 AM..
Old 11-01-2018, 12:15 PM

Props 1-4. NO. If Props 1-4 all pass, California taxpayers would pay more than $32 billion over the next four decades to finance $16 billion of spending during that time. These are General Obligation bonds which are attached to the State General Fund. Over-bonding reduces the credit-worthiness of the state, causing investors in the bond to charge higher rates, further increasing the long-term costs.

Any economic downturn occurs, and the state still has to pay the bonded indebtedness.

Prop 6. YES. In the Nov 2016 elections, half of the local county proposals for increased sales taxes for transportation usage failed. The voters said, “No transportation taxes,” and the legislators said, “FU,” introducing SB1 on Dec 5, 2016. Vote YES on 6 to provide a resounding FU to the Legislature.

[Note, a bunch of the billions of dollars in projects weren’t even conceived before this.]

Prop 11. NO.
In California, private ambulance companies provide about 75 percent of all emergency rides.

Paramedics and ambulance employees with those private companies are required to remain on call during breaks. That will continue if voters pass Proposition 11.

But there is language at the tailend of the measure that could have a negative impact on pending worker liability lawsuits against ambulance companies, according to the Legislative Analyst's Office.

It stems from a 2016 California Supreme Court ruling that made it unlawful for security guards to remain on call during breaks. Similar lawsuits have been filed by paramedics and ambulance workers against companies, who claim they fall under the same labor laws and industry practices.

Now a liability protection clause within the proposition would define the past industry practice of on-call meal and rest breaks as legal. Therefore, companies could potentially avoid facing legal costs from the lawsuits.

Last edited by Dvrjon; 11-01-2018 at 12:35 PM..
Old 11-01-2018, 12:23 PM
Probably PUI
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Prop 6 pertains to the SB1 tax that adds up to 5.2 billion per year. 12% of that makes it to road construction and repair, roughly 550 million.

So whatever coolaid your union fed you, it's not financially possible to "defund billions" in projects when they're only spending a fraction of that amount in the first place
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-01-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticeQuest View Post
Vote yes on Prop 6 to repeal the 30 cents per gallon gas tax imposed on US by Jerry Brown which has driven up prices on goods delivered by diesel trucks as well! Use the 38 billion going to Israel instead!
The gas tax is 12 cents per gallon, not 30.

The $38B to Israel is in military aid from the feds and is irrelevant to this discussion.

Still, vote YES on 6.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:40 PM

I voted yes on 5 & 6..... everything else is b.s.

As for those that are going to vote yes on 11, Ambulence crews also deserve to receive their breaks uninterrupted and off-duty during those times. The management should hire enough employees to rotate employees through their break periods with out sacraficing emergency coverage to he public.
Old 11-01-2018, 6:50 PM
Señor Member

Quote:
And another $100+ on your VLF when you register.
Corolla and Rav4 should have gone down by about $20 this year, instead, they both went up by $120.
That's almost $300 out of my pocket.
Honestly... and I drive 100 miles a day... the $0.12 gas tax only costs me about $100/year. It's a buck twenty per fill-up.
But the VLF fee is a single large bill, not spaced over 75 stops at the gas station.

But even if it were only the gas tax... screw this state. ANYTHING that pulls money away from this state I'm in favor of.
No to all bond measures, no to all tax increases, yes to all tax exemptions.
No to all increased regulation.
If Sacramento wants it, we don't.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2018, 11:10 PM

Quote:
I have been paying to fix the roads and bridges all of my adult life.
Every year it is the same old ****. 'We need to fix the roads, we need to help the homeless, we need to retain good teachers, our firefighters and police cannot afford to live here'.....on and on! We pass multiple bonds bonds (IOU's) and nothing ever gets done. So they put it on the ballot again the next year for more $$$$$$. The only thing that happens is another foot of the High Speed Rail gets built. Rant over.

Read the mailers you get. I must have at least 70 piled up in the corner of my hallway. They are all from my registered party. They are really good at helping me decide what/who NOT to vote for. Yes I know they are all one-sided and hyperbolic in their pronouncements. More importantly; read the voter guides that the city/state sends you. I start reading mine at the coffee shop when I first get them. Look at the 'pro and con' statements and who is making them. Mr Jarvis carries a lot of weight in my household. Democracy takes time and effort. Tyranny and socialism takes no effort. If you are a
g. newsome voting democrat please, please remember to cast your vote next Wednesday.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:49 PM

Jerry Brown's gas tax includes 30 cents a gallon on diesel fuel (inform yourself by scrolling to mention of such at following link):

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-p...428-story.html

Hardly irrelevant when those billions going to Israel should remain in the USA for Americans instead (scroll to the 38 billion going to Israel link at following thread):

Unless one is an Israel 1ster (which you appear to be!)! Especially when the USA already has 22 trillion dollar deficit! Read George Washington's Farewell Address warning (and Admiral Moorer's quote as well) at the very bottom of http://astandforjustice.org

Quote:

The $38B to Israel is in military aid from the feds and is irrelevant to this discussion.

Still, vote YES on 6.

Last edited by JusticeQuest; 11-01-2018 at 11:55 PM..
Old 11-02-2018, 7:13 AM

Quote:
Jerry Brown's gas tax includes 30 cents a gallon on diesel fuel (inform yourself by scrolling to mention of such at following link): http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-p...428-story.html
You said the gas tax was raised by 30 cents, and that diesel truck delivery {more on this, below} was also affected, remember?
Quote:
Vote yes on Prop 6 to repeal the 30 cents per gallon gas tax imposed on US by Jerry Brown which has driven up prices on goods delivered by diesel trucks as well.
According to the article you cited, SB 1 raised the GAS tax by 12 cents per gallon (from its previous 18 cents), resulting in a 30 cent per gallon gas tax. From your link:
Quote:
The bill signed Friday will raise the base excise tax on gasoline by 12 cents per gallon, bringing it to 30 cents, starting Nov. 1. Another variable excise tax will be set at 17 cents.
Prop 6 doesn’t repeal the whole 30 cents; just the 12 cents.

Back to your statement:
Quote:
Jerry Brown's gas tax includes 30 cents a gallon on diesel fuel (inform yourself by scrolling to mention of such at following link): http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-p...428-story.html
So, now it’s not a 30 cent gas tax, it’s a 30 cent diesel tax?

The diesel tax increase in SB1 was not 30 cents per gallon, and was separate from the gas tax (above). It Increased the excise tax on diesel fuel by $0.20 per gallon, starting November 1, 2017, and increased the sales tax on diesel fuels by an additional 4% increment, starting November 1, 2017.

Here’s a little crib sheet to help whenever you decide you need to make stuff up.

Now, I can explain this to you, but I can’t understand it for you. However, I think we now clearly know which of us needs to become educated on this subject.
Quote:
Hardly irrelevant when those billions going to Israel should remain in the USA for Americans instead (scroll to the 38 billion going to Israel link at following thread):

Unless one is an Israel 1ster (which you appear to be!)! Especially when the USA already has 22 trillion dollar deficit! Read George Washington's Farewell Address warning (and Admiral Moorer's quote as well) at the very bottom of http://astandforjustice.org
An “Israel 1ster”? Stop making stuff up just to create a false ad hominem attack. The issue is California gas tax. The fed money is US Military aid dollars to foreign nations. It’s irrelevant to CA raising its gas tax, and I’m pretty sure that, even if Trump could get Congress to “re-earmark” that money, it wouldn’t be coming to CA.

(BTW: the $38B is over 10 years, and isn’t cash. It goes to US industry for American jobs to build the weaponry.)

Have a nice day.
Old 11-02-2018, 9:38 AM
Señor Member

Quote:

Israel and the money going to them has nothing to do with California state taxes.
I'm pretty sure Sacramento is not sending cash to Jerusalem. These fuel taxes are not going to any foreign governments except perhaps China. They are going to the contractors building the high speed train.

And 38 billion?
That's less than $120 per US citizen, and about $500 per taxpayer. It is insignificant in comparison to the total US budget, which already puts 2 TRILLION into entitlement programs.
Ya, it doesn't make me happy that it's 20 billion more than NASA gets... OTOH, NASA is such a bloated, leftist, incompetent bureaucracy that I think it's time for a dissolution and give it back to the USAF (or USSF)

Bashing on Israel isn't going to score you any points, particularly in light of last week's events, and that the 38bn should be spent here rather than there is a strawman and irrelevant.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2018, 10:21 PM

Again, yes on 6, no on everything else.