Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 06-06-2019, 1:50 PM
davidgonzo1992 davidgonzo1992 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 4
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfshrevident View Post


Are you ****ing kidding me....?! Why do they act like we’re out using suppressors for assassinations , all these gun laws and still no ****ing brains


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 06-06-2019, 3:08 PM
ja308's Avatar
ja308 ja308 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10,255
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgonzo1992 View Post
Are you ****ing kidding me....?! Why do they act like we’re out using suppressors for assassinations , all these gun laws and still no ****ing brains


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They hate every part that constituted a firearm. california even banned a mag release.

These people are smart and they know our history of RKBA.

They know in order to start the socialist killing fields, they MUST have a disarmed population !
__________________
"Both socialism & communism require a commitment to the use of force. You cannot decide what to do with the other guy’s money unless you are committed to use force to take that money from him..."
Rick Kelo
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams.
Who is John Galt!
Recent NRA LIFE ENDOWMENT MEMBER--on the way to PATRON. See you friends, in Nashville next April 2020.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 06-06-2019, 4:07 PM
Noble Cause Noble Cause is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: California
Posts: 2,530
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfletcher View Post
related to the above -

We all know what Speaker Pelosi, Senator Schumer, former President Obama & crew mean when they say "we support the 2nd Amendment". So do their supporters. It means they don't and are paying lip service to the pro-gun crowd. Why don't we accord our politicians the same level of "wink & nod" dissembling? Absent the President saying "suppressors through the mail" for everyone our side treats it as treason. Especially with CA state politicians.

George Bush's "I support the 1994 AWB" comment when it was sunsetting is a good example. "Supporting it" in 2004, which is when he made the comment, was a slippery way of saying he supported it going away. Because that was an integral part of the bill. The response appealed to anti-gunners, unfortunately some gunowners said "he's screwed us" and 15 years later it's still put forth as a negative.

And all the "NRA is losing it" articles. Certainly no accident they come out now, just ahead of presidential election season. NRA forms a significant part of the current President's base. The organization contributed about $36M in 2016. The articles are put into the media for a reason and to get results. Our approach should be to tend to whatever needs to be fixed rather than handwringing and casting stones.

Well Said.

Its all about "Reading Between the Lines" and understanding subtle
nuances when it comes to understanding complex issues & politics.

A point lost on many who interpret reality in terms of Black & White,
ignoring the vast amounts of Gray Scale in between.



Noble
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 06-06-2019, 4:29 PM
Featureless's Avatar
Featureless Featureless is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: SLO County
Posts: 648
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
I'm curious if anyone has been really paying attention or just jumping through the hoops put out by the media and anti-2A groups.

Everywhere I look there are gun owners storming about in outrage over Trump's offhanded comment on suppressors and then his comment to Morgan on the same subject.

Often, actually nearly always, it's the same people raging about the bump stock ban or the 'due process' comment and just as frequently it's fueled by a few '2A groups' hyping things up in emails and posts asking for donations to fight the latest crisis.

I'm wondering how many people have actually noticed that nearly every single recent trendy outrage has two things in common.

A) All are either clear cut violations either existing law or obvious regulatory overreach.

B) All will be challenged in court.

The third thing in common they have, the thing I want to know if anyone has been paying close enough attention to notice, is that Trump has been quietly appointing the judges that will hear these legal challenges and the vast majority of them are conservative or at least adherents of the Constitution.

Make the statement/create the regulation.
Force the lawsuit
Appoint the judge that will overturn the regulation/law
Create legal precedence that has the power of law without relying on Congress to actually do anything.

What an intriguing possibility...
Well, that's a novel perspective that I hadn't considered. The judiciary has been ruling against RKBA for so long it's an awakening to consider they might actually begin to defend it.

And it's devilishly clever to boot, especially since it's happening in the open right under the noses of the Democrats.

Trump's judicial appointments, especially to the Supreme Court, will have a positive effect maybe for decades to come, and may well be the salvation of this republic - at least for now.
__________________
California Native
Lifelong Gun Owner
NRA Member
CRPA Member

"Those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version of heaven on earth. And let me remind you, they are the very ones who always create the most hellish tyrannies. Absolute power does corrupt, and those who seek it must be suspect and must be opposed"
~ Barry Goldwater 1964
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 06-07-2019, 5:32 AM
selfshrevident's Avatar
selfshrevident selfshrevident is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 656
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
I'm curious if anyone has been really paying attention or just jumping through the hoops put out by the media and anti-2A groups.

Everywhere I look there are gun owners storming about in outrage over Trump's offhanded comment on suppressors and then his comment to Morgan on the same subject.

Often, actually nearly always, it's the same people raging about the bump stock ban or the 'due process' comment and just as frequently it's fueled by a few '2A groups' hyping things up in emails and posts asking for donations to fight the latest crisis.

I'm wondering how many people have actually noticed that nearly every single recent trendy outrage has two things in common.

A) All are either clear cut violations either existing law or obvious regulatory overreach.

B) All will be challenged in court.

The third thing in common they have, the thing I want to know if anyone has been paying close enough attention to notice, is that Trump has been quietly appointing the judges that will hear these legal challenges and the vast majority of them are conservative or at least adherents of the Constitution.

Make the statement/create the regulation.
Force the lawsuit
Appoint the judge that will overturn the regulation/law
Create legal precedence that has the power of law without relying on Congress to actually do anything.

What an intriguing possibility...
We're expressing concern over his comments because we now have a track record- see bump stocks.

I think you're giving the man way too much credit. He's not playing 4D chess. He doesn't know jack about guns or the 2A outside of what the NRA tells him. He's not thinking that far ahead when it comes to legal challenges. When it comes to the 2A he shoots from the hip when he goes off script.

Btw- that legal strategy you mentioned didn't work for the hughes amendment, and it's certainly not working for bump stocks (at least 1 circuit court & 2 SCOTUS justices allowed Trump's ban to go forward without a preliminary injunction IIRC).

Seriously, can we not express concern when the President of the United States makes comments that are openly hostile to gun rights? Or when the premier gun rights organization in the nation employs bad strategy and capitulates to gun control?

The purpose here is to raise awareness and nip this s**t in the bud so that what happened before doesn't happen again. Calling out the President or the NRA when they're wrong doesn't make one a Turmp hater, Never-Trumper, Trump basher, anti-NRA etc.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 06-08-2019, 7:31 AM
ja308's Avatar
ja308 ja308 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10,255
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfshrevident View Post
We're expressing concern over his comments because we now have a track record- see bump stocks.

I think you're giving the man way too much credit. He's not playing 4D chess. He doesn't know jack about guns or the 2A outside of what the NRA tells him. He's not thinking that far ahead when it comes to legal challenges. When it comes to the 2A he shoots from the hip when he goes off script.

Btw- that legal strategy you mentioned didn't work for the hughes amendment, and it's certainly not working for bump stocks (at least 1 circuit court & 2 SCOTUS justices allowed Trump's ban to go forward without a preliminary injunction IIRC).

Seriously, can we not express concern when the President of the United States makes comments that are openly hostile to gun rights? Or when the premier gun rights organization in the nation employs bad strategy and capitulates to gun control?

The purpose here is to raise awareness and nip this s**t in the bud so that what happened before doesn't happen again. Calling out the President or the NRA when they're wrong doesn't make one a Turmp hater, Never-Trumper, Trump basher, anti-NRA etc.
Its really good to have an expert like you on our side. I mean how could any of us figure out how bad the president and the NRA really are without the constant whining and historical lessons outlined by you!

The NRA is NOT wrong and the President will do what he believes is right based on input from the NRA and maybe the RNC. His 1st job is to be re-elected! Your wolverine candidates, although they sound good to you cannot get 1% of the vote.

I believe your time might be better spent re reading Molon Labe and preparing your bunker!

It one thing to disagree with a statement and another to campaign against the president and NRA !
__________________
"Both socialism & communism require a commitment to the use of force. You cannot decide what to do with the other guy’s money unless you are committed to use force to take that money from him..."
Rick Kelo
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams.
Who is John Galt!
Recent NRA LIFE ENDOWMENT MEMBER--on the way to PATRON. See you friends, in Nashville next April 2020.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 06-08-2019, 3:52 PM
selfshrevident's Avatar
selfshrevident selfshrevident is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 656
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Its really good to have an expert like you on our side. I mean how could any of us figure out how bad the president and the NRA really are without the constant whining and historical lessons outlined by you!
It doesn't take an expert to point out wrongs and to back it up with history that is readily accessible on the web. What it does take is an open mind and requires that your head not be buried in the sand (or in any person or organization's azz). Historical lessons are important. I suggest you study and learn from them.

Quote:
The NRA is NOT wrong and the President will do what he believes is right based on input from the NRA and maybe the RNC. His 1st job is to be re-elected! Your wolverine candidates, although they sound good to you cannot get 1% of the vote.
The NRA is not infallible. They have been wrong before. And the President's first job is to support and defend the constitution, not election/reelection. BTW, I voted for Trump in 2016 and will do so again in 2020 because, as previously stated if you bothered to read, the alternative is much worse for the courts and 2A in the long run.

Quote:
I believe your time might be better spent re reading Molon Labe and preparing your bunker!
Cute. That's precious.

Quote:
It one thing to disagree with a statement and another to campaign against the president and NRA !
How am I campaigning against Trump and the NRA? By calling them out when they say and do the wrong thing??? Seriously, stop huffing paint. You're embarrassing. Never have I once in this thread or any other suggested that people not vote for him or to cancel their NRA memberships.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with holding our leaders accountable when they err in their words and actions. You're obviously too emotionally invested in Trump and the NRA to question anything they do. You need to seriously ask yourself if you'd be acting the same if it was 0bama saying and doing the same stuff that Trump has.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 06-09-2019, 4:06 PM
ja308's Avatar
ja308 ja308 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10,255
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfshrevident View Post
It doesn't take an expert to point out wrongs and to back it up with history that is readily accessible on the web. What it does take is an open mind and requires that your head not be buried in the sand (or in any person or organization's azz). Historical lessons are important. I suggest you study and learn from them.



The NRA is not infallible. They have been wrong before. And the President's first job is to support and defend the constitution, not election/reelection. BTW, I voted for Trump in 2016 and will do so again in 2020 because, as previously stated if you bothered to read, the alternative is much worse for the courts and 2A in the long run.



Cute. That's precious.



How am I campaigning against Trump and the NRA? By calling them out when they say and do the wrong thing??? Seriously, stop huffing paint. You're embarrassing. Never have I once in this thread or any other suggested that people not vote for him or to cancel their NRA memberships.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with holding our leaders accountable when they err in their words and actions. You're obviously too emotionally invested in Trump and the NRA to question anything they do. You need to seriously ask yourself if you'd be acting the same if it was 0bama saying and doing the same stuff that Trump has.
Yes there is everything wrong when your entire focus is 100% negative for both the President and the NRA . Never once have you considered the reasoning behind throwing the very dumb bump stocks into ATF purview. Instead of having congress and their media attack self loaders. Which media and dumb democrats mix up with Machine guns . A self loader fight would cost political capitol for no legit reason.

Obama the man behind Fast and Furious or Operation Choke point or PROMISE program that allows thugs to pass background checks? Ask yourself if Las Vegas happened under his watch. What consequences would we be facing ?

I should probably stop defending the NRA and President Trump against a cal gunner of your stature. I mean a cal gunner who has read and follows every nuance of every gun bill is probably a better source then the NRA. An NRA that has written 1000s of articles, printed 100s of books and has a winning record of elected friends to further RKBA.

Exactly why should anyone read and believe the rantings of a man so dumbed down he believes the president should follow his version of the constitution ,instead of looking toward re-election?
__________________
"Both socialism & communism require a commitment to the use of force. You cannot decide what to do with the other guy’s money unless you are committed to use force to take that money from him..."
Rick Kelo
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams.
Who is John Galt!
Recent NRA LIFE ENDOWMENT MEMBER--on the way to PATRON. See you friends, in Nashville next April 2020.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 06-09-2019, 4:12 PM
71MUSTY's Avatar
71MUSTY 71MUSTY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,706
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfshrevident View Post
We're expressing concern over his comments because we now have a track record- see bump stocks.

I think you're giving the man way too much credit. He's not playing 4D chess. He doesn't know jack about guns or the 2A outside of what the NRA tells him. He's not thinking that far ahead when it comes to legal challenges. When it comes to the 2A he shoots from the hip when he goes off script.

Btw- that legal strategy you mentioned didn't work for the hughes amendment, and it's certainly not working for bump stocks (at least 1 circuit court & 2 SCOTUS justices allowed Trump's ban to go forward without a preliminary injunction IIRC).

Seriously, can we not express concern when the President of the United States makes comments that are openly hostile to gun rights? Or when the premier gun rights organization in the nation employs bad strategy and capitulates to gun control?

The purpose here is to raise awareness and nip this s**t in the bud so that what happened before doesn't happen again. Calling out the President or the NRA when they're wrong doesn't make one a Turmp hater, Never-Trumper, Trump basher, anti-NRA etc.
All the same arguments your side used to attack Trump about threatening Mexico with Tariffs.

How many times do you get to be wrong before you stop reusing the same old worn out talking points???
__________________
Only slaves don't need guns


Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 06-10-2019, 3:42 AM
selfshrevident's Avatar
selfshrevident selfshrevident is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 656
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
All the same arguments your side used to attack Trump about threatening Mexico with Tariffs.

How many times do you get to be wrong before you stop reusing the same old worn out talking points???
And what is "my side"?
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 06-10-2019, 4:09 AM
selfshrevident's Avatar
selfshrevident selfshrevident is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 656
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Yes there is everything wrong when your entire focus is 100% negative for both the President and the NRA . Never once have you considered the reasoning behind throwing the very dumb bump stocks into ATF purview. Instead of having congress and their media attack self loaders. Which media and dumb democrats mix up with Machine guns . A self loader fight would cost political capitol for no legit reason.
My focus has not been 100% negative. Read my posts. Again I said he's been decent on judges, but that has yet to be seen and it'll take a couple years to know if he made good picks (probably so). As for the NRA I said they did a great job after Newtown- they didn't cave.

As for never considering the whole "very dumb bump stocks into ATF purview" strategy, i refer you to my post #62 in this thread. You seem to have a hard time reading or paying attention.

Quote:
Obama the man behind Fast and Furious or Operation Choke point or PROMISE program that allows thugs to pass background checks? Ask yourself if Las Vegas happened under his watch. What consequences would we be facing ?
Pretty much the same thing after Newtown. And you forget that 0bamas ATF ruled (3 times i think?) that they can't redefine bump stocks into MGs. So that pretty much answers that.

Quote:
I should probably stop defending the NRA and President Trump against a cal gunner of your stature. I mean a cal gunner who has read and follows every nuance of every gun bill is probably a better source then the NRA. An NRA that has written 1000s of articles, printed 100s of books and has a winning record of elected friends to further RKBA.
You should absolutely defend them... when they're right and deserving of defense, not when they sell us out. It's seriously retarded and sad that one is deemed a NeverTrumper/secret democrat/hillary lover/biden voter if he so much as criticizes the president when he says or does something threatening to our 2A (again- a president that I voted for and plan to vote for again- READ). I mean he usurped the legislative branch's power for God's sake dude. If 0bama had done that, both YOU and the NRA would be having a fit.

Quote:
Exactly why should anyone read and believe the rantings of a man so dumbed down he believes the president should follow his version of the constitution ,instead of looking toward re-election?
So you're ok with your rights being violated/delayed/denied as long as your politician wins re-election? You realize that's a huge problem with congress right? How nothing gets done because they're constantly in election mode and don't want to rock the boat? That's why the HPA and national reciprocity never made it out of their respective chambers of congress- keep it an election issue, don't actually commit to anything and vote, the media will attack, etc. But hey, the status quo is great!

But I realize you and I are not getting anywhere since, in your eyes, neither Trump nor the NRA are incapable of doing anything wrong, and anyone who offers the slightest hint of legitimate criticism are heretics and should be disregarded. I'm sorry the concept of keeping the politicians you vote for accountable is too complex for your brain to grasp. Hopefully you'll get there one day.

One more thing. Honest question and purely hypothetical- in the chance that an AWB bill gets to his desk and he signs it, would you still defend him? I really want an answer to this one.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 06-10-2019, 7:20 AM
ja308's Avatar
ja308 ja308 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10,255
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I look at the California laws we live under, mag cap restrictions, bullet button, fins folding stocks on and on. Real serious infringements!

It is this background that has me unconcerned with bump stocks. I sincerely believe the NRA and DJT got it right by having ATF look at adding them to NFA. Together they outsmarted the democrat party, its base and their media .

We have to remember the horror that is and was Las Vegas. A senseless diabolical act by players unknown. Where investigations were dropped and press conferences cancelled.Where the best witness appeared on Ellen Degeneres freak show and then disappeared.
If Obama had been president we would have seen every restriction on the democrat wish list.

You are correct that I believe the NRA and President Trump have done nothing wrong.
While your views of supporting both DJT and NRA are good. The criticism leads others with bad motives to further attack DJT and NRA.

An AW ban would cause me to condemn him or anyone else.
__________________
"Both socialism & communism require a commitment to the use of force. You cannot decide what to do with the other guy’s money unless you are committed to use force to take that money from him..."
Rick Kelo
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams.
Who is John Galt!
Recent NRA LIFE ENDOWMENT MEMBER--on the way to PATRON. See you friends, in Nashville next April 2020.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 06-10-2019, 9:32 AM
Bhobbs's Avatar
Bhobbs Bhobbs is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chino CA
Posts: 10,632
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post

B) All will be challenged in court.
And what happens when it goes to court? Years go by, money is spent and the law stays.

SCOTUS just rejected a suppressor case. What now? Another case. Another decade later. Another rejection?

The NRA and lawsuits have been completely ineffective at securing our rights.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 06-10-2019, 10:00 AM
Kestryll's Avatar
Kestryll Kestryll is offline
Head Janitor
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Occupied Reseda, PRK
Posts: 21,045
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
And what happens when it goes to court? Years go by, money is spent and the law stays.

SCOTUS just rejected a suppressor case. What now? Another case. Another decade later. Another rejection?

The NRA and lawsuits have been completely ineffective at securing our rights.
Here in CA alone that's not even true.

L.A. City 'Saturday Night Special' law, overturned by CRPA/NRA lawsuit settlement.

L.A. City ban on possession of magazines holding more than 10 rounds, overturned by CRPA/NRA lawsuit settlement.

CA ban on possession of magazines holding more than 10 rounds, overturned by CRPA/NRA lawsuit, pending appeal to the Ninth.

CA ban on acquisition of magazines holding more than 10 rounds, overturned by CRPA/NRA lawsuit, pending appeal to the Ninth.

This is just a few off the top of my head and now the Ninth is closer to an equal balance of Justices than it's been in decades.
__________________
NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA Life Member / SAF Life Member
Calguns.net an incorported entity - President.
The Calguns Shooting Sports Assoc. - Vice President.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 06-10-2019, 1:42 PM
SAD338 SAD338 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 585
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

No can for you!

https://thehill.com/regulation/court...n-silencer-law

Supreme Court rejects challenges to gun silencer law


The Supreme Court on Monday rejected a pair of cases challenging a federal law requiring the registration of gun silencers.

The justices, in an unsigned order, said they won't take up the cases of two men who challenged the National Firearms Act of 1934 after they were convicted for failing to register their gun silencers.

The two Kansas men - Shane Cox and Jeremy Kettler - had separately appealed their convictions to the justices and asked the court to consider if the gun silencers are protected under the Second Amendment.

The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals had upheld both of their convictions last year, and the justices' order leaves them in place.

The Trump administration had also urged the court not to take up the issue.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 06-11-2019, 7:07 AM
selfshrevident's Avatar
selfshrevident selfshrevident is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 656
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAD338 View Post
No can for you!

https://thehill.com/regulation/court...n-silencer-law

Supreme Court rejects challenges to gun silencer law


The Supreme Court on Monday rejected a pair of cases challenging a federal law requiring the registration of gun silencers.

The justices, in an unsigned order, said they won't take up the cases of two men who challenged the National Firearms Act of 1934 after they were convicted for failing to register their gun silencers.

The two Kansas men - Shane Cox and Jeremy Kettler - had separately appealed their convictions to the justices and asked the court to consider if the gun silencers are protected under the Second Amendment.

The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals had upheld both of their convictions last year, and the justices' order leaves them in place.

The Trump administration had also urged the court not to take up the issue.
That part stings.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 06-11-2019, 8:01 AM
Bhobbs's Avatar
Bhobbs Bhobbs is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chino CA
Posts: 10,632
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
What they should and did do was when facing the inevitable, like the bump stock ban, work so it does the least amount of damage possible. They agreed to a ATF policy review, something that has a good chance of being challenged in court since the ATF had already ruled them okay previously. If that hadn't happened, the public outrage at the time would have pushed Congress into passing an actual federal law, something that would have pretty much zero chance of being overturned.

So what would you have done that would have worked better?
They backed down on the only thing being attacked. The NRA failed to stop the NFA. They failed to stop the GCA. They failed to stop the Hughes Amendment. They failed to stop the federal AWB.

Ok, so we go to the courts.

The NRA hasn’t had any major pro gun victories at the SCOTUS. They’ve failed to get a case heard before the court.


The 2nd amendment has been stripped to the bone under the NRA’s watch and they have failed to stop it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 06-11-2019, 8:12 AM
Bhobbs's Avatar
Bhobbs Bhobbs is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chino CA
Posts: 10,632
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Here in CA alone that's not even true.

L.A. City 'Saturday Night Special' law, overturned by CRPA/NRA lawsuit settlement.

L.A. City ban on possession of magazines holding more than 10 rounds, overturned by CRPA/NRA lawsuit settlement.

CA ban on possession of magazines holding more than 10 rounds, overturned by CRPA/NRA lawsuit, pending appeal to the Ninth.

CA ban on acquisition of magazines holding more than 10 rounds, overturned by CRPA/NRA lawsuit, pending appeal to the Ninth.

This is just a few off the top of my head and now the Ninth is closer to an equal balance of Justices than it's been in decades.
Ok, so the NRA has been mostly ineffective.


Those 4 examples cover the span of 20 years, and two of them are basically stating that legally possessed items can’t be taken.

As for the magazine ban, well we got the one judge who ruled in our favor. It will be taken en banc, lose, appealed to SCOTUS and denied just like all the others. Other than a handful of carry cases, the courts have done nothing for the 2nd amendment in the decade since Heller and McDonald.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 06-11-2019, 8:24 AM
MrTokarev's Avatar
MrTokarev MrTokarev is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,912
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Then support a different org? Show is why they’re better.

The NRA bashing is a big turn off to many of us who support it. FPC would do better to highlight their successes. The failures of the NRA only make the NRA look bad, they do nothing to make FPC or GOA look good.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 06-11-2019, 4:19 PM
ja308's Avatar
ja308 ja308 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10,255
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTokarev View Post
Then support a different org? Show is why they’re better.

The NRA bashing is a big turn off to many of us who support it. FPC would do better to highlight their successes. The failures of the NRA only make the NRA look bad, they do nothing to make FPC or GOA look good.
Wise words my friend and many of the complaints do not make the NRA look bad. They make the complainers look ignorant and maybe even a little stupid!

Check out a few avatars and see what kind of people are the whiners. Just saying RKBA and reading does not seem to play a big part of their life schedule.
__________________
"Both socialism & communism require a commitment to the use of force. You cannot decide what to do with the other guy’s money unless you are committed to use force to take that money from him..."
Rick Kelo
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams.
Who is John Galt!
Recent NRA LIFE ENDOWMENT MEMBER--on the way to PATRON. See you friends, in Nashville next April 2020.

Last edited by ja308; 06-11-2019 at 5:11 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 06-11-2019, 5:13 PM
Featureless's Avatar
Featureless Featureless is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: SLO County
Posts: 648
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Ok, so the NRA has been mostly ineffective.


Those 4 examples cover the span of 20 years, and two of them are basically stating that legally possessed items can’t be taken.

As for the magazine ban, well we got the one judge who ruled in our favor. It will be taken en banc, lose, appealed to SCOTUS and denied just like all the others. Other than a handful of carry cases, the courts have done nothing for the 2nd amendment in the decade since Heller and McDonald.
It's easy to sit on the sidelines, throw stones and criticize others who are active in the defense of our 2A rights. What, if anything, do you have to contribute to that fight?
__________________
California Native
Lifelong Gun Owner
NRA Member
CRPA Member

"Those who seek absolute power, even though they seek it to do what they regard as good, are simply demanding the right to enforce their own version of heaven on earth. And let me remind you, they are the very ones who always create the most hellish tyrannies. Absolute power does corrupt, and those who seek it must be suspect and must be opposed"
~ Barry Goldwater 1964
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 06-11-2019, 5:50 PM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,364
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Ok, so the NRA has been mostly ineffective.


Those 4 examples cover the span of 20 years, and two of them are basically stating that legally possessed items can’t be taken.

As for the magazine ban, well we got the one judge who ruled in our favor. It will be taken en banc, lose, appealed to SCOTUS and denied just like all the others. Other than a handful of carry cases, the courts have done nothing for the 2nd amendment in the decade since Heller and McDonald.
The NRA is not to blame, gun owners are. They do what they can with the membership that they have. There are something like 95 Million gun owners in the United States and only about 6 Million of them stood up and joined the NRA, the rest expect the NRA to do everything but they refuse to become members and complain when they don't get the results that they want.
The NRA's power comes from gun owners that become members and support the organization. Don't blame the NRA for not getting the results that you want, blame the 89 Million pathetic gun owners that refuse to do anything to support the NRA or the 2nd A. If every gun owner joined the NRA, we wouldn't see any of these losses of gun rights.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 06-11-2019, 7:07 PM
Bhobbs's Avatar
Bhobbs Bhobbs is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chino CA
Posts: 10,632
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Wise words my friend and many of the complaints do not make the NRA look bad. They make the complainers look ignorant and maybe even a little stupid!

Check out a few avatars and see what kind of people are the whiners. Just saying RKBA and reading does not seem to play a big part of their life schedule.
So what does it say when you have no avatar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featureless View Post
It's easy to sit on the sidelines, throw stones and criticize others who are active in the defense of our 2A rights. What, if anything, do you have to contribute to that fight?
I've been a member of multiple gun rights groups, including currently the NRA. I donate money, call elected officials and write emails, I take new people shooting, I talk with people curious about guns and even go to rallies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
The NRA is not to blame, gun owners are. They do what they can with the membership that they have. There are something like 95 Million gun owners in the United States and only about 6 Million of them stood up and joined the NRA, the rest expect the NRA to do everything but they refuse to become members and complain when they don't get the results that they want.
The NRA's power comes from gun owners that become members and support the organization. Don't blame the NRA for not getting the results that you want, blame the 89 Million pathetic gun owners that refuse to do anything to support the NRA or the 2nd A. If every gun owner joined the NRA, we wouldn't see any of these losses of gun rights.
The NRA is to blame. They market themselves as the 6 billion pound gorilla in the room, then back peddle and say we can only do so much. Their fanboys say the NRA is protecting the 2nd amendment, then say the NRA can't do anything because not enough gun owners are members.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 06-11-2019, 8:04 PM
gunsmith gunsmith is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,959
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

trump seems to not really know much about the second, or really cares.
im not very pleased with his performance on my favorite issue .... however... i love trolling the media, he is the king of that sort of stuff.
i am pissed off at the bump stock nonsense but still plan on voting for him.
biden is a nightmare
__________________
NRA Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 06-11-2019, 9:51 PM
TRICKSTER's Avatar
TRICKSTER TRICKSTER is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Contra Costa County
Posts: 12,364
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
So what does it say when you have no avatar?



I've been a member of multiple gun rights groups, including currently the NRA. I donate money, call elected officials and write emails, I take new people shooting, I talk with people curious about guns and even go to rallies.



The NRA is to blame. They market themselves as the 6 billion pound gorilla in the room, then back peddle and say we can only do so much. Their fanboys say the NRA is protecting the 2nd amendment, then say the NRA can't do anything because not enough gun owners are members.

You don't read to well, do you. I said they do what they can with the membership that they have, which is pretty good considering about 89 million gun owners like you sit on their arse doing nothing and complain about the other 6 million not doing enough.

Compared to other organizations, they are the 6 million pound gorilla in the room, but they could be the 95 million pound gorilla in the room if gun owners wanted them to be able to be the most effective. Instead we have little whiners living in a fantasy world, crying and acting like parasites, feeding off the work of others while draining the host and complaining that the host isn't doing the job that their fantasy thinks that they should be doing.

Look at what you post, you expect the NRA to perform task that they never promised that they could accomplish and then complain when they don't live up to your fantasy driven expectations.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMo View Post
Almost every poll shows Trump losing very badly, yet poeple still believe some conspiracy. The party p[icked the weakest candidate so they have to own that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2a View Post
Anything to protect Cheeto. Even though he just signed basically a gun confiscation order.
YES, TDS IS REAL, ORANGE MAN BAD

NRA Benefactor Member

Last edited by TRICKSTER; 06-11-2019 at 10:15 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 06-11-2019, 10:04 PM
ja308's Avatar
ja308 ja308 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10,255
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmith View Post
trump seems to not really know much about the second, or really cares.
im not very pleased with his performance on my favorite issue .... however... i love trolling the media, he is the king of that sort of stuff.
i am pissed off at the bump stock nonsense but still plan on voting for him.
biden is a nightmare

We heard him at the NRA convention. There is no president in my lifetime who's been half as good.


He took the international arms treaty pen and tossed it into the crowd, after explaining how it would destroy our 2nd amendment .

I believe he threw with NRA auspices the "slob stocks" under the bus in order to get votes from ignorant democrats. See he did something.
Like it or not ( I don't) there are lots of democrats that he needs to get re-elected.

Slob stock lovers can simply hook their thumb into a belt loop and gun fires exactly like a slob stock!

Trickster you nailed it perfectly by calling out these cheapskates who will use every excuse to not join the NRA !
__________________
"Both socialism & communism require a commitment to the use of force. You cannot decide what to do with the other guy’s money unless you are committed to use force to take that money from him..."
Rick Kelo
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams.
Who is John Galt!
Recent NRA LIFE ENDOWMENT MEMBER--on the way to PATRON. See you friends, in Nashville next April 2020.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 06-15-2019, 6:12 AM
californialawsucks californialawsucks is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 163
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

JA308 seems to have Stockholm syndrome
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 06-23-2019, 8:11 AM
ja308's Avatar
ja308 ja308 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10,255
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by californialawsucks View Post
JA308 seems to have Stockholm syndrome
True lets all vote democrat until Trump comes around to the approval of every cal gunner,after all we cal gunners know how to win on a state level, we can hobble Trump! facepalm:

Some here would say your comment is that of a useful idiot. I would disagree with that comment !

Here is another reason to hate Trump -- Look friends He raped a woman in a dept store sometime during the 1990s
https://defconnews.com/2019/06/21/wr...-23-years-ago/

"The moment the dressing-room door is closed, he lunges at me, pushes me against the wall, hitting my head quite badly, and puts his mouth against my lips. I am so shocked I shove him back and start laughing again. He seizes both my arms and pushes me up against the wall a second time, and, as I become aware of how large he is, he holds me against the wall with his shoulder and jams his hand under my coat dress and pulls down my tights..."

https://www.dogpile.com/serp?q=write...l9TYUTMyWNhVY-


Look friends you will notice these are same media people people who are trying to oust NRA leadership! If you believe the FAKE story's about NRA you will believe these rape charges too !
__________________
"Both socialism & communism require a commitment to the use of force. You cannot decide what to do with the other guy’s money unless you are committed to use force to take that money from him..."
Rick Kelo
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams.
Who is John Galt!
Recent NRA LIFE ENDOWMENT MEMBER--on the way to PATRON. See you friends, in Nashville next April 2020.

Last edited by ja308; 06-23-2019 at 8:57 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 06-23-2019, 11:04 AM
Python6357 Python6357 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 470
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
True lets all vote democrat until Trump comes around to the approval of every cal gunner,after all we cal gunners know how to win on a state level, we can hobble Trump! facepalm:

Some here would say your comment is that of a useful idiot. I would disagree with that comment !

Here is another reason to hate Trump -- Look friends He raped a woman in a dept store sometime during the 1990s
https://defconnews.com/2019/06/21/wr...-23-years-ago/

"The moment the dressing-room door is closed, he lunges at me, pushes me against the wall, hitting my head quite badly, and puts his mouth against my lips. I am so shocked I shove him back and start laughing again. He seizes both my arms and pushes me up against the wall a second time, and, as I become aware of how large he is, he holds me against the wall with his shoulder and jams his hand under my coat dress and pulls down my tights..."

https://www.dogpile.com/serp?q=write...l9TYUTMyWNhVY-


Look friends you will notice these are same media people people who are trying to oust NRA leadership! If you believe the FAKE story's about NRA you will believe these rape charges too !
If you're trying to disprove that Trump said he's looking at banning "silencers", you're doing a poor job. He said it, you can get it straight from him, you don't have to trust the media's word.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 06-23-2019, 3:56 PM
ja308's Avatar
ja308 ja308 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10,255
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python6357 View Post
If you're trying to disprove that Trump said he's looking at banning "silencers", you're doing a poor job. He said it, you can get it straight from him, you don't have to trust the media's word.
Yeah he might have said it . Now we can all vote for the democrat ! You happy now?
__________________
"Both socialism & communism require a commitment to the use of force. You cannot decide what to do with the other guy’s money unless you are committed to use force to take that money from him..."
Rick Kelo
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams.
Who is John Galt!
Recent NRA LIFE ENDOWMENT MEMBER--on the way to PATRON. See you friends, in Nashville next April 2020.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 06-23-2019, 4:13 PM
Python6357 Python6357 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 470
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Yeah he might have said it . Now we can all vote for the democrat ! You happy now?
Is that your only response? You are the only person I've seen who keeps mentioning voting for democrats. I wasn't sure at first, but it's quite apparent that you are a troll, and a darn good one at that. The act is getting a little old though.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 06-23-2019, 5:46 PM
the_tunaman's Avatar
the_tunaman the_tunaman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 632
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Yeah he might have said it . Now we can all vote for the democrat ! You happy now?
Seems to be a common reaction to a lot of this crap over on the Hide as well. Sad to see how many fence-sitters there are who have myopic tunnelvision.

Orange Man Bad.
__________________
MAGA - drain the swamp^D^D^D^D^Dcesspool!
Proud deplorable wacist!
#NotMyStateGovernment!
Just remember BAMN - there is no level too low for them to stoop!
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 06-24-2019, 11:44 AM
Python6357 Python6357 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 470
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Don't know if you guys saw.
Two federal suppressor ban bills have been proposed in both the house and senate today from some of the lovely NJ dems. I believe they are calling it the Help Empower Americans to React (HEAR) Act. Pretty much filled with the usual crap from the dems. Apparently suppressors make guns as quiet as a nail gun, I wish I knew what suppressor they used for that test! Don't know if they'll go anywhere, but the real question is if Trump will sign them if they do pass.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 06-24-2019, 3:06 PM
ja308's Avatar
ja308 ja308 is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10,255
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python6357 View Post
Don't know if you guys saw.
Two federal suppressor ban bills have been proposed in both the house and senate today from some of the lovely NJ dems. I believe they are calling it the Help Empower Americans to React (HEAR) Act. Pretty much filled with the usual crap from the dems. Apparently suppressors make guns as quiet as a nail gun, I wish I knew what suppressor they used for that test! Don't know if they'll go anywhere, but the real question is if Trump will sign them if they do pass.
Will you please post the link to the suppressor bills introduced ?
I haven't read about them.

I would guess the if its a clean suppressor bill Trump would sign it, if the NRA doesn't see a trick contained in it.
Don Jr is a shooter who appreciates a quieter gun .
__________________
"Both socialism & communism require a commitment to the use of force. You cannot decide what to do with the other guy’s money unless you are committed to use force to take that money from him..."
Rick Kelo
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams.
Who is John Galt!
Recent NRA LIFE ENDOWMENT MEMBER--on the way to PATRON. See you friends, in Nashville next April 2020.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 06-24-2019, 3:46 PM
Python6357 Python6357 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 470
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
Will you please post the link to the suppressor bills introduced ?
I haven't read about them.

I would guess the if its a clean suppressor bill Trump would sign it, if the NRA doesn't see a trick contained in it.
Don Jr is a shooter who appreciates a quieter gun .
Here's a link to one, they're both pretty much the same. They are bills to ban suppressors, not ease restrictions.

https://americansuppressorassociatio...k-suppressors/
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 07-02-2019, 12:00 AM
Ugly Hombre Ugly Hombre is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Banned from O.T. Territory.
Posts: 1,082
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Silencers don't kill people illegal aliens do...

Mr President- get rid of the criminal illegal aliens in our Republic who are selling and importing drugs and murdering, robbing and raping defenseless American citizens- before you waste time banning any incapable of action material objects.

Thank you.

A concerned citizen.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:21 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.