Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-19-2019, 8:24 AM

Default 80% builds need unavailable background check WA

"The laws prohibit guns without a serial number and calls for background checks for people who buy gun-making kits."

https://www.dailycaller.com/2019/05/...tate-gun-laws/

However at this time there are no forms available for background checks for receiver/lowers, or apparently home built ones either. WA state hasn't fixed how they will do background checks and the FBI's extension for NICS checks ends July 1.

Home builds made before 7/1/19 are grandfathered in. (Unless it is a poly receiver, which may be illegal if it doesn't show on x-ray as well as 3.7 ounces of stainless, this is not really clear).
Old 06-19-2019, 9:23 AM

WA got to be THE worst state to live in. They require eBay collect 10+% sale tax on anything that goes into their state, including USED item. I see more and more WA resident uses package forwarding services located in OR starting this year.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psun786 View Post
WA got to be THE worst state to live in. They require eBay collect 10+% sale tax on anything that goes into their state, including USED item. I see more and more WA resident uses package forwarding services located in OR starting this year.
With an income tax rate 9.3% below California's residents come out far ahead in spite of that.
Old 06-21-2019, 4:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psun786 View Post
That's rich coming from a CA resident. First of all the only place with a 10.1% sales tax is Seattle. Where I'm at right across the river from Portland it's 8.4%, less than much of urban CA.

How much did you pay in state income taxes? I, like everyone else in WA, paid exactly $0.00. And since there was never any state tax deduction to worry about in the first place, we get to enjoy the full benefit of Trump's federal tax cuts.

How much did you pay for car registration? I paid $63.50, based on weight class, irrespective of car value, and somehow the roads and highways get repaved in a timely manner.

As for the OP, WA has been granted another year extension for using NICS for "other" firearms.

And just a reminder that even after July 1 when the new laws take effect there will still be:
No AWB
No magazine limit
No handgun roster
No .50 BMG ban
No ammo background check
No waiting period for shotguns and manual action rifles
No monthly firearm purchase limit
Shall issue concealed carry for both residents and nonresidents
Permitless open carry
Suppressors, SBRs, AOWs and non-explosive DDs all legal