Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum This is a temporary forum for discussion, debate, sharing and helping each other during and in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID19

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-25-2021, 12:04 PM
MJB's Avatar
MJB MJB is offline
CGSSA Associate
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,180
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Mom tested positive in the nursing home

So my vac 84 year old mother tested positive. Her and 14 others have been moved for 14 days to the red zone, isolation. She has no symptoms only 4 of them show symptoms.

So they take their temps every 3 hours if fever detected Tylenol is prescribed if the temperature doesn't come down within an hour the doctors get involved to make a decision to send the patient to the hospital or not.

The crazy part there's only one CNA that will work in the red zone......all staff and patients are all vac last year. They will not test them until the 14 days are up wtf is that about......my guess money the state makes off the feds Covid relief funding. I just hope no more monkey business, otherwise I'll have to put my foot down on this stupid crap and ruffle a lot of feathers!

My sister, who's in GA is worried but there's no need Mom has no health issues other than having a stroke 4 years ago. It sucks for me my weekly visits are off for now.
__________________
One life so don't blow it......Always die with your boots on!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-25-2021, 1:21 PM
anthonyca anthonyca is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,765
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Insane that there are no therapeutics used. Ask of she had the flue, they would prescribe Tamiflu, possible steroids and other drugs. Corona virus, let them die.

Imagine if a positive test had a payout for a facility's or Dr's percentage of patient survival, they would be treating then.
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Union...70812799700206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherryj View Post
I am a physician. I am held to being "the expert" in medicine. I can't fall back on feigned ignorance and the statement that the patient should have known better than I. When an officer "can't be expected to know the entire penal code", but a citizen is held to "ignorance is no excuse", this is equivalent to ME being able to sue my patient for my own malpractice-after all, the patient should have known better, right?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-25-2021, 1:33 PM
freonr22's Avatar
freonr22 freonr22 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose
Posts: 12,742
iTrader: 30 / 100%
Default

Every skilled nursing facility i have been to, has extremely poor or zero outside air for hvac. I have only been to 30+- though.
__________________
<img src=http://calgunsfoundation.org/images/stories/San-Benito.jpg border=0 alt= />[IMG]file:///C:/Users/PCMECH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/PCMECH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisianagirl View Post
Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-25-2021, 1:45 PM
Starslinger Starslinger is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,331
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyca View Post
Insane that there are no therapeutics used. Ask of she had the flue, they would prescribe Tamiflu, possible steroids and other drugs. Corona virus, let them die.

Imagine if a positive test had a payout for a facility's or Dr's percentage of patient survival, they would be treating then.
As far as I know, there are no approved medications for directly treating covid (unlike the flu, in which the antiviral medication Tamiflu can be administered in the first 48 hours which can lessen the symptoms of flu). Antibiotics won't work. Steroids treat inflammation but if there is no inflammation they are usually not given. Medications are used to treat symptoms, and if the patients have no symptoms, there would be no treatment other than rest, hydration and isolation. There are reports that ivermectin can help, but this is not fully tested and approved yet, so any medical provider who prescribes it takes a risk with both the patient's health and with their medical license.

Also, CNA is a hard job for low pay. I'm surprised they can get any CNA to help with covid patients. That CNA is a hero.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-25-2021, 2:26 PM
MJB's Avatar
MJB MJB is offline
CGSSA Associate
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,180
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

The 4 that have symptoms don't have a temperature, but do have a little congestion and a slight cough.

It's been 2 days so it's early still.
__________________
One life so don't blow it......Always die with your boots on!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-25-2021, 3:04 PM
Oceanbob's Avatar
Oceanbob Oceanbob is online now
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,900
iTrader: 155 / 100%
Default

monoclonal antibody treatment. Like right now.
__________________
May the Bridges I burn light the way.

Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-25-2021, 3:16 PM
el chivo el chivo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: the hills of Kentucky
Posts: 1,440
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

GET HER OUT!

It's probably too late to get Ivermectin, but you can try vitamin C, D, Quercetin, and zinc

if you can't find Quercetin, try green tea, and green tea extract

but the C will help the zinc be absorbed as well

TODAY
__________________
"The best friend a boy can have is a dad who occasionally escorts him out to the wood-shed and indelibly impresses upon his anatomy that the way of the transgressor is hard."

Last edited by el chivo; 09-25-2021 at 3:21 PM.. Reason: !
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-25-2021, 3:36 PM
Starslinger Starslinger is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,331
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanbob View Post
monoclonal antibody treatment. Like right now.
This is a possibility. I'm not sure how this is ordered or if insurance pays for this or what. But it's worth investigating. Apparently it's an approved experimental therapy. Vitamin infusions might also be helpful. I know of at least one nurse who is giving her husband vitamin infusions at home for covid. I don't know how this is ordered, approved or administered for the average patient, though. IV infusions typically require a nurse to be present, like in the hospital or perhaps a home health nurse.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-25-2021, 6:07 PM
Libertarian777 Libertarian777 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 199
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyca View Post
Insane that there are no therapeutics used. Ask of she had the flue, they would prescribe Tamiflu, possible steroids and other drugs. Corona virus, let them die.

Imagine if a positive test had a payout for a facility's or Dr's percentage of patient survival, they would be treating then.
FDA approved the horse anti allergy medication, dexamethasone for use in severe covid.

Of course FLCCC / Dr Kory has been saying (aside from ivm) early treatment with corticosteroids (and higher than normal dose) works.

FDA says wait until you're almost dead then hail mary it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-27-2021, 4:56 PM
MJB's Avatar
MJB MJB is offline
CGSSA Associate
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,180
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

So no one has symptoms today but they won't test until the 14 days are up.. Gavin must of called them, the numbers are to low damnit!
__________________
One life so don't blow it......Always die with your boots on!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-27-2021, 5:04 PM
theLBC's Avatar
theLBC theLBC is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: the lbc
Posts: 3,592
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

don't let them keep her on her back. she needs to sit up and move around as much as she can or did before.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-27-2021, 5:27 PM
ERdept ERdept is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Looooong Beach
Posts: 4,668
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default

The skilled nursing is where most of the covid patients come from from any ER.


The reason is that it's a confined space, literally a patient in a room, who are elderly (compromised already), and with little air movement, except to circulate the same air that in the facilty.


So they get it most generally..

In the ER, if we get patients from skilled nursing, we just assume they have it.


As to your question why wait 14 days to retest?

The reason is that if you test within 14 days of getting positive, you will still turn up positive..

Also, when you;ve had covid, and passed 2 weeks, and no symptoms, you are to consider yourself covid free and go on about your day/life.


Once symptoms pass there is literally no need to retest. You've just gotten covid and gotten over it. Go on with life as usual.


When we get it (the staff) , or have patients who return from being positive two weeks later who want a re-test we flat out refuse them. No need. You can go on with your life until your next episode of covid.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-27-2021, 5:30 PM
ERdept ERdept is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Looooong Beach
Posts: 4,668
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanbob View Post
monoclonal antibody treatment. Like right now.
This is the standard treatment provided you're within a certain period of symptom onset and have a set of medical conditions.

No vitamins, and other BS.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-27-2021, 5:32 PM
c good c good is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,100
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

What vaccine did she get originally?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-27-2021, 5:39 PM
UCT UCT is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 317
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starslinger View Post
This is a possibility. I'm not sure how this is ordered or if insurance pays for this or what. But it's worth investigating. Apparently it's an approved experimental therapy. Vitamin infusions might also be helpful. I know of at least one nurse who is giving her husband vitamin infusions at home for covid. I don't know how this is ordered, approved or administered for the average patient, though. IV infusions typically require a nurse to be present, like in the hospital or perhaps a home health nurse.
If she qualifies (which she should unless her condition has deteriorated to the point she needs to go to the hospital) monoclonals are free. Paid for by US government.

She should also take antihistamine and antibiotics per Spanish paper discussed in another thread.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-27-2021, 6:05 PM
sd_shooter's Avatar
sd_shooter sd_shooter is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hill Country, TX
Posts: 8,982
iTrader: 81 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanbob View Post
monoclonal antibody treatment. Like right now.
We agree for once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
GET HER OUT!

It's probably too late to get Ivermectin, but you can try vitamin C, D, Quercetin, and zinc

if you can't find Quercetin, try green tea, and green tea extract

but the C will help the zinc be absorbed as well

TODAY
Yeah I'd want to take matters into my own hands as well. When we had a family member in a facility there was nowhere else to take them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starslinger View Post
As far as I know, there are no approved medications for directly treating covid (unlike the flu, in which the antiviral medication Tamiflu can be administered in the first 48 hours which can lessen the symptoms of flu). Antibiotics won't work. Steroids treat inflammation but if there is no inflammation they are usually not given. Medications are used to treat symptoms, and if the patients have no symptoms, there would be no treatment other than rest, hydration and isolation. There are reports that ivermectin can help, but this is not fully tested and approved yet, so any medical provider who prescribes it takes a risk with both the patient's health and with their medical license.

Also, CNA is a hard job for low pay. I'm surprised they can get any CNA to help with covid patients. That CNA is a hero.
Yes that's the reality today. Doctors do what the CDC/FDA/boards tell them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLBC View Post
don't let them keep her on her back. she needs to sit up and move around as much as she can or did before.
Great advice. Don't let it turn into pneumonia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
This is the standard treatment provided you're within a certain period of symptom onset and have a set of medical conditions.

No vitamins, and other BS.
Good to hear that the antibodies are standard.

How are vitamins BS now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCT View Post
If she qualifies (which she should unless her condition has deteriorated to the point she needs to go to the hospital) monoclonals are free. Paid for by US government.

She should also take antihistamine and antibiotics per Spanish paper discussed in another thread.
Would you mind linking? I must have missed it.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-27-2021, 7:28 PM
ERdept ERdept is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Looooong Beach
Posts: 4,668
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shooter View Post
We agree for once!



Yeah I'd want to take matters into my own hands as well. When we had a family member in a facility there was nowhere else to take them.



Yes that's the reality today. Doctors do what the CDC/FDA/boards tell them.



Great advice. Don't let it turn into pneumonia.



Good to hear that the antibodies are standard.

How are vitamins BS now?



Would you mind linking? I must have missed it.

If vitamins make you feel better do it.. Mental health is a component of physical health..


But the treatments acutely are antibiotics, respiratory support (02 with nasal cannula, simple mask, non re-breather, Bipap, or vent), it all depends, or no respiratory support, each case is different and then steroids, such as dexamethasone and monoclonal antibodies, anti-coagulants, such as Lovenox.

Food water and flowers.

The go bye bye. Discharge.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-27-2021, 8:33 PM
waveslayer's Avatar
waveslayer waveslayer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,503
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
So my vac 84 year old mother tested positive. Her and 14 others have been moved for 14 days to the red zone, isolation. She has no symptoms only 4 of them show symptoms.



So they take their temps every 3 hours if fever detected Tylenol is prescribed if the temperature doesn't come down within an hour the doctors get involved to make a decision to send the patient to the hospital or not.



The crazy part there's only one CNA that will work in the red zone......all staff and patients are all vac last year. They will not test them until the 14 days are up wtf is that about......my guess money the state makes off the feds Covid relief funding. I just hope no more monkey business, otherwise I'll have to put my foot down on this stupid crap and ruffle a lot of feathers!



My sister, who's in GA is worried but there's no need Mom has no health issues other than having a stroke 4 years ago. It sucks for me my weekly visits are off for now.
Sorry to hear about your mom, that's a bummer!

Not sure how many here actually work in a SNF, but I'll shed some light on all of it. I've been running SNF's for almost 2 decades, some guys posting on here have no idea!

So I'll help out or shed some light on reality.

Staffing... is a bitch. Just look around everyone is short staffed, ask ERdept guy on here, he sounds like a nurse... everyone is short, not just nursing homes, hospitals, stores etc. Stay home get paid is hard to beat!

I bet there are more than 1 CNA working the red zone, they get hazard pay and are not under paid. I pay a butt load for CNA's! Do not very true. Plus the nurses can help as a CNA.

They don't test again for Covid for 90-120 days because she will keep testing positive. Funny part is when the state had a second outbreak it wasn't real it was from the previous positives , they found that out!

Not sure what money the state makes off the feds when the money is going to the facility. And trust me, we lose our shirts on COVID!!!! They shut you down for admissions so you can only admit Covid +.

No difference in Covid or with broken arm Grandma coming in.

As far as treatment, just like everyone going to the ER, what do you want, go home and sit it out. Unless you are sick enough to be admitted.

There is a new treatment but only a very select few qualify for it. Regen something therapy. Good luck getting that, it's liquid gold right now!

Docs are involved as much as they want to be involved, technically they only need to be there once every thirty days, so count your blessings.

Covid was most likely brought in from a visitor.

Vaccines don't stop the spread, they only lessen the symptoms of Covid, Pfizer vaccine is the least effective.

What else do you want to know. Could be a false positive but maybe not. Now she's in red she is there for 14 days to 30.

Airflow is fine, not sure why all off a sudden. That's an issue on this thread.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-27-2021, 8:33 PM
waveslayer's Avatar
waveslayer waveslayer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,503
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLBC View Post
don't let them keep her on her back. she needs to sit up and move around as much as she can or did before.
They will be giving them therapy don't worry

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-27-2021, 8:43 PM
waveslayer's Avatar
waveslayer waveslayer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,503
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
The skilled nursing is where most of the covid patients come from from any ER.



The reason is that it's a confined space, literally a patient in a room, who are elderly (compromised already), and with little air movement, except to circulate the same air that in the facilty.


So they get it most generally..



In the ER, if we get patients from skilled nursing, we just assume they have it.



As to your question why wait 14 days to retest?



Also, when you;ve had covid, and passed 2 weeks, and no symptoms, you are to consider yourself covid free and go on about your day/life.


Once symptoms pass there is literally no need to retest. You've just gotten covid and gotten over it. Go on with life asymptoms.
I agree 100%


When we get it (the staff) , or have patients who return from being positive two weeks later who want a re-test we flat out refuse them. No need. You can go on with your life until your next episode of covid.
Not true at all. All covid deaths from SNF make up 9.8% only. ASSISTED LIVINGS ARE 22.3% so false info. And coming... who do you think admits these Covid patients?... the SNF's so yep you may see some, but not anywhere near what the average person walks into your ER with.. fake news there amigo.

Open the window! Plenty of air and the air flow is checked as part of the mitigation surveys... fake news again.

Can't get something if your isolated unless you bring it in. Which is mostly visitors who don't understand infection control like my employees do... seen it a lot! All visitors 90% of the time.

Assume they have it! Pretty lame assumption! So they fall and potential fracture.. they have Covid.. are you an RN, scribe , radiologist tech? Nope not assumed unless they are sent for symptoms and we call the ER by the way for a heads up... or the doc calls etc. Bad assumptions

The reason is that if you test within 14 days of getting positive, you will still turn up positive.. yep for 90-120 even longer days. Standard now for SNF

Technically 10 days, and COVID free is 72 hours post the last symptom or fever without taking meds for any symptom.

What else can I help clarify for everyone?

Lots of bad info out there. What we are seeing is , for actual today 21 Covid, 19 fully vaccinated all Pfizer, don't worry we admitted these patients since census is so low and we are loosing money!

Last edited by waveslayer; 09-27-2021 at 8:47 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-27-2021, 9:49 PM
freonr22's Avatar
freonr22 freonr22 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose
Posts: 12,742
iTrader: 30 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waveslayer View Post
Sorry to hear about your mom, that's a bummer!

Not sure how many here actually work in a SNF, but I'll shed some light on all of it. I've been running SNF's for almost 2 decades, some guys posting on here have no idea!

So I'll help out or shed some light on reality.

Staffing... is a bitch. Just look around everyone is short staffed, ask ERdept guy on here, he sounds like a nurse... everyone is short, not just nursing homes, hospitals, stores etc. Stay home get paid is hard to beat!

I bet there are more than 1 CNA working the red zone, they get hazard pay and are not under paid. I pay a butt load for CNA's! Do not very true. Plus the nurses can help as a CNA.

They don't test again for Covid for 90-120 days because she will keep testing positive. Funny part is when the state had a second outbreak it wasn't real it was from the previous positives , they found that out!

Not sure what money the state makes off the feds when the money is going to the facility. And trust me, we lose our shirts on COVID!!!! They shut you down for admissions so you can only admit Covid +.

No difference in Covid or with broken arm Grandma coming in.

As far as treatment, just like everyone going to the ER, what do you want, go home and sit it out. Unless you are sick enough to be admitted.

There is a new treatment but only a very select few qualify for it. Regen something therapy. Good luck getting that, it's liquid gold right now!

Docs are involved as much as they want to be involved, technically they only need to be there once every thirty days, so count your blessings.

Covid was most likely brought in from a visitor.

Vaccines don't stop the spread, they only lessen the symptoms of Covid, Pfizer vaccine is the least effective.

What else do you want to know. Could be a false positive but maybe not. Now she's in red she is there for 14 days to 30.

Airflow is fine, not sure why all off a sudden. That's an issue on this thread.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
All i said, was, the 30 different facilities ive been in from 5 companies had Extremely poor indoor air quality. What economizers do you have? Are you basing outside air on co2 levels? Do you have hepas on the suppky air?? Spout all you want about ohh air isnt turned off, but i doubt you will answer my questions, especially after "running the facilities for 2 decades " but i am hopeful, you will tell me how wrong i am? Please do
__________________
<img src=http://calgunsfoundation.org/images/stories/San-Benito.jpg border=0 alt= />[IMG]file:///C:/Users/PCMECH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/PCMECH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png[/IMG]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
We will win. We are right. We will never stop fighting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
They don't believe it's possible, but then Alison didn't believe there'd be 350K - 400K OLLs in CA either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisianagirl View Post
Our fate is ours alone to decide as long as we remain armed heavily enough to dictate it.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-27-2021, 9:54 PM
waveslayer's Avatar
waveslayer waveslayer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,503
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freonr22 View Post
All i said, was, the 30 different facilities ive been in from 5 companies had Extremely poor indoor air quality. What economizers do you have? Are you basing outside air on co2 levels? Do you have hepas on the suppky air?? Spout all you want about ohh air isnt turned off, but i doubt you will answer my questions, especially after "running the facilities for 2 decades " but i am hopeful, you will tell me how wrong i am? Please do
Oh I will , do I know the brand nope. But I have a whole crew of guys and vendors that go around changing certain filters and installing air purifiers, etc. Thanks for being an internet 🥷

Well shame on those buildings and companies. Air quality hasn't been an issue until recently, and remember most buildings are very very old. Good luck getting a building built in CA with OSHPD. But you know all about OSHPD don't you!

Took 7.5 years and about 35 million later to build 1 new Facility in Temecula.. we had built 3 in that time frame in Vegas because there was no OSHPD.

So enlighten us with the CO2 issues! I always wondered why my plants grew better inside my buildings than at my house! You answered that riddle

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-28-2021, 10:05 PM
ERdept ERdept is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Looooong Beach
Posts: 4,668
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waveslayer View Post
Not true at all. All covid deaths from SNF make up 9.8% only. ASSISTED LIVINGS ARE 22.3% so false info. And coming... who do you think admits these Covid patients?... the SNF's so yep you may see some, but not anywhere near what the average person walks into your ER with.. fake news there amigo.

Open the window! Plenty of air and the air flow is checked as part of the mitigation surveys... fake news again.

Can't get something if your isolated unless you bring it in. Which is mostly visitors who don't understand infection control like my employees do... seen it a lot! All visitors 90% of the time.

Assume they have it! Pretty lame assumption! So they fall and potential fracture.. they have Covid.. are you an RN, scribe , radiologist tech? Nope not assumed unless they are sent for symptoms and we call the ER by the way for a heads up... or the doc calls etc. Bad assumptions

The reason is that if you test within 14 days of getting positive, you will still turn up positive.. yep for 90-120 even longer days. Standard now for SNF

Technically 10 days, and COVID free is 72 hours post the last symptom or fever without taking meds for any symptom.

What else can I help clarify for everyone?

Lots of bad info out there. What we are seeing is , for actual today 21 Covid, 19 fully vaccinated all Pfizer, don't worry we admitted these patients since census is so low and we are loosing money!

You have no idea what you're talking about..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-28-2021, 10:08 PM
waveslayer's Avatar
waveslayer waveslayer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,503
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about..
Actually you got called out. But thanks for playing. Shall I get my brother who's an ER Director, or my 2 uncles that are ER directors to chime in?

I call BS when I see it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-30-2021, 8:25 AM
el chivo el chivo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: the hills of Kentucky
Posts: 1,440
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept

This is the standard treatment provided you're within a certain period of symptom onset and have a set of medical conditions.

No vitamins, and other BS.
Good to hear that the antibodies are standard.
How are vitamins BS now?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think he means that the "standard treatment" includes "No vitamins" so it's the lack of vitamins that is BS.

Anyway, according to Dr. Zelenko, vitamin C is a zinc ionophore and has other uses, and you can't OD on it. Vitamin D is also very good for warding off infection in the first place. I think vitamin D is why I haven't been sick throughout all this.
__________________
"The best friend a boy can have is a dad who occasionally escorts him out to the wood-shed and indelibly impresses upon his anatomy that the way of the transgressor is hard."
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-01-2021, 5:29 PM
MJB's Avatar
MJB MJB is offline
CGSSA Associate
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,180
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

So all are good no temp, no symptoms, and they're going to release them after 10 days back to the general population.....so too speak

What a cluster f......par for the course

I guess the money dried up......
__________________
One life so don't blow it......Always die with your boots on!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-02-2021, 6:09 AM
toro1's Avatar
toro1 toro1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Lovin it in Az
Posts: 1,089
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
So all are good no temp, no symptoms, and they're going to release them after 10 days back to the general population.....so too speak

What a cluster f......par for the course

I guess the money dried up......
Good to hear. FWIW, My Mom tested positive in a SNF in Feb 2020 and was asymptomatic. She remained positive for 6 weeks and was in quarantine the entire time. She was finally moved back into the main area after 6 weeks and has been there the entire time. I am absolutely convinced they used a PCR test at a high rep setting and it was a false positive the entire time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:58 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2021, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.



Seams2SewBySusy

Tactical Pants Tactical Boots Military Boots 5.11 Tactical