Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 05-03-2021, 4:20 PM
Calguns Addict

There will be a rally against Sheriff AV tomorrow at 10:30 in front of the Hall of Justice, 211 W. Temple St, Los Angeles 90012. It's organized by BLM-style groups, protesting against the fact that some criminals got a boo-boo when they were resisting arrest. My understanding of reality is that a life of crime results in a high chance of getting a boo-boo, and resisting arrest results in an even more high chance of getting a boo-boo.

AFAIK there aren't any groups going to show up in support of the sheriff but if anyone is around, and can make a sign and stand there for five minutes, that might be a good gesture Sheriff AV.

Victoria "Tori" Rose Smith's life mattered.
Old 05-03-2021, 4:46 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWFacts View Post
There will be a rally against Sheriff AV tomorrow at 10:30 in front of the Hall of Justice, 211 W. Temple St, Los Angeles 90012. It's organized by BLM-style groups, protesting against the fact that some criminals got a boo-boo when they were resisting arrest. My understanding of reality is that a life of crime results in a high chance of getting a boo-boo, and resisting arrest results in an even more high chance of getting a boo-boo.

AFAIK there aren't any groups going to show up in support of the sheriff but if anyone is around, and can make a sign and stand there for five minutes, that might be a good gesture Sheriff AV.
Thinking of a sign that says something along the lines of

GUYS, SHERIFF VILLANUEVA IS ACTUALLY PRETTY COOL
Old 05-03-2021, 4:50 PM

Man...how the **** are people protesting on a Tuesday at 1030.

I'm an idiot and have to go to work.

Sorry boys, won't be there to counter protest because am idiot.

Can we talk to BLM and ask them to schedule a protest after 630? I get off around 5 but need to go home to change and traffic sucks...so can really only counter protest in the evenings.

The weekends don't work for me either because the wife has a list of **** for me to do around the house....

Sucks being an idiot.
Old 05-03-2021, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esexx View Post
The Dep I had an interview with accepted my vehicle registration as my proof of residency.

However, I did bring a whole lot of other mail including a IRS tax form that was mailed to me, paycheck stub, credit card bill, and anything else I could find.
Yup. Same here. I had a Manilla folder of like 20 documents. Felt like I was showing up for a court hearing.

I had copies of my lease, car registration, W2, pay stub, internet, LADWP, Socal gas bills.

Copies of my application, of my GC, DROs of my firearms,
Old 05-03-2021, 5:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown.- View Post

Yeah me too. I know.

You and I have to go to work... so we can pay taxes... so that the government can money to people who don't work and spend their time protesting against people who are paying for it all.

Some problems don't have an incremental solution.

Quote:
Sucks being an idiot.
We who work to support these parasites who protest and call us "racists" and worse are truly the idiots of the world for allowing this situation to continue. Where is the helicopter?

Victoria "Tori" Rose Smith's life mattered.
Old 05-03-2021, 5:17 PM

I work 12 hours a day for both jobs. Ever understood how all this protest everyday not working n collecting edd. While Iím work my butt off to paid the bills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2021, 5:26 PM

Please deploy the Rooftop Koreans in Antifa / BLM infested areas. We can always deputize more patriot Americans as the Rooftop Koreans. LOL
Old 05-03-2021, 5:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Can we talk to BLM and ask them to schedule a protest after 630? I get off around 5 but need to go home to change and traffic sucks...so can really only counter protest in the evenings.

The weekends don't work for me either because the wife has a list of **** for me to do around the house....

Sucks being an idiot.

Same here, I work 50-60 hours a week most of the time. Iím such an idiot - I shouldíve went on unemployment when Covid started so I can protest and cure the country of all its ills.

Note: Iím not against change, just against band aid approaches that have never worked and directing attention away from the roots of the issues stemming from corrupt CA politicians. Anyone ride that $77billion train yet??? If not, itís ok weíre only $9billion in.

Old 05-03-2021, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4G63Attack View Post
Questions on Good cause... So I'm going to put in my work profession with security and also i'm thinking of including my pass tenants from hell. I or we (plus parents) had documented all the police reports of threats and assaults that these tenants had conflicted on to us. Of course police reports. My thing is even that event have taken place maybe 5 years ago and have long since move out.... would it still be a good reason? because they still live within Los Angeles county
I would say, yes. When I handed my stuff over to my investigator, he said anything you have that pertains to you, and having any GC will help. More is better to pad your file.
Old 05-03-2021, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodae86 View Post
I would say, yes. When I handed my stuff over to my investigator, he said anything you have that pertains to you, and having any GC will help. More is better to pad your file.
Thanks good to know
Old 05-03-2021, 9:57 PM

Anybody applied with Green card yet? im not a citizen yet and it says on LASD website citizenship is required..please update
Old 05-04-2021, 7:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betfair39 View Post
Anybody applied with Green card yet? im not a citizen yet and it says on LASD website citizenship is required..please update
I might be an idiot, but it sounds like you have to be a citizen.

Feel free to apply anyways.
Old 05-04-2021, 7:46 AM

Has anyone got through the CCW process with a light green GC. Please PM me.

Last edited by Shareef610; 05-04-2021 at 7:53 AM..
Old 05-04-2021, 7:49 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4G63Attack View Post
Questions on Good cause... So I'm going to put in my work profession with security and also i'm thinking of including my pass tenants from hell. I or we (plus parents) had documented all the police reports of threats and assaults that these tenants had conflicted on to us. Of course police reports. My thing is even that event have taken place maybe 5 years ago and have long since move out.... would it still be a good reason? because they still live within Los Angeles county
If you are still a landlord or property manager I would still use it. It shows the risk of your job. Convenience store clerks arenít robbed every day yet they are always at higher risk.
Old 05-04-2021, 7:54 AM

Just a thought, For anyone with only a light green gc, if you donít foresee qualifying for yellow in the near future, either try applying anyways or donít bother, IMO if you canít spare the $30 app fee youíve got bigger problems. If you do get kicked back your probably going to reapply for several months anyways, and if anything your application is in for a possible unexpected call back like the yellows recently went through. At least from what Iíve read.
Old 05-04-2021, 7:58 AM

Does anyone know the average time it takes for DOJ LIvescan clearance? Mine has been stuck in "in process" under the firearms section for 4 weeks now. Curious what do the research under this process? I'm cleared on the other segments.
Old 05-04-2021, 8:11 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz397 View Post
The sheriff’s latest fb live from this week was 669 issued, 382 pending. That’s the most we’ve ever had in LA county. I think the biggest delay for everyone is the firearms portion of livescan so I would do your live scan as soon as possible if you pass the interview.
While breaking records for total number of CCWs issued is great, when you’re starting from virtually zero that’s not saying much. If I were a LASD CCW holder I would not feel reasonably secure until >2% of the qualified LA Co population has a CCW.

Cocktail napkin calculation: 10M total population, assume 2/3 adults -> 6.6M, take away 10% as disqualified (felons, psych, whatever). 2% of 6M is 120,000 CCWers for LAC alone. I emphasize that because the most recent CCW total for the entire state was ~120,000.

You’ve got to figure out how to help AV get many more qualified applicants and get them processed faster. AV needs more resources from the LA Co Board of Supervisors! It is your job to help AV, if you want to ensure LA Co won’t go back to Dark Red....

Last edited by Paladin; 05-04-2021 at 8:28 AM..
Old 05-04-2021, 8:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolucajo View Post
Does anyone know the average time it takes for DOJ LIvescan clearance? Mine has been stuck in "in process" under the firearms section for 4 weeks now. Curious what do the research under this process? I'm cleared on the other segments.
Just got mine back this morning and I submitted it on 3/31. FBI+DOJ returned back the same day, firearms took 5 weeks.
Old 05-04-2021, 8:32 AM

When would you guys recommend contacting the CCW if no check has been deposited? I submitted around 3 weeks ago
Old 05-04-2021, 8:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz397 View Post
Just got mine back this morning and I submitted it on 3/31. FBI+DOJ returned back the same day, firearms took 5 weeks.

Nice. Still waiting on mine. Submit it on 4/20 so I guess we wonít see anything until May 28

Old 05-04-2021, 8:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWB View Post
When would you guys recommend contacting the CCW if no check has been deposited? I submitted around 3 weeks ago

U can email them. They will let u know if the application received or not. Thatís what I did.... hope is help

Old 05-04-2021, 8:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinhTran1 View Post
U can email them. They will let u know if the application received or not. Thatís what I did.... hope is help

What email address did you send it to?

Old 05-04-2021, 9:06 AM

Quote:
What email address did you send it to?

Go on lasd bro ccw page. On the bottom there a Contact Us box. Click on it and fill out ur information and submit. They usually get back at you within 4-5 days.....

Old 05-04-2021, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Thats strange, my check was cashed 7 days after received. Business days. My wife's check's cashed 9 days.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Thats strange, my check was cashed 7 days after received. Business days. My wife's check's cashed 9 days.

Very weird, where did you submit to? Did you get a call already

Old 05-04-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:
My check was not cashed until one week after my interview. People who drop their application off seem to get it cashed faster and mailed in applications seem to take longer to cash the checks.
Old 05-04-2021, 12:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

A CGNer asked me to post this for them. I wonder if their picture will be on print/TV news.

Quote:
I attended the BLM rally against Sheriff AV in front of the Hall of Justice in downtown. I stood across the street from them. I was the only counter-protestor. Just me, all alone, holding up a sign that said "Sheriff AV is my sheriff." I wanted to choose a message that no one could say is racist or ties in to any other issue. In fact it didn't make any point at all, except that I disagreed with the anti-AV group.

It was a little scary because there was no law enforcement visible. I did have a plan in case they started harassing me, which would be to run towards the US court house behind me, where I assume there would be good security. Fortunately all they did was stare at me and make a point of taking some pictures. I had prepared for this, and was wearing a mask, hat, and big sun glasses and totally non-descript clothing.

I had hoped that some cops would drive past me and see me and know they do have support and the Sheriff has support, but in the 20 minutes I was there, none drove by. I feel like there must have been a directive within LAPD to stay away from the protestors. Maybe someone was watching on surveillance cameras, which I assume must be quite good there. I hope someone in LASD is aware that at least one guy took an hour off his day to show up there.

Please, we need to show these degenerates that they haven't won yet. There are still some here who have not submitted.

Old 05-04-2021, 1:09 PM

Firearm modifications are now allowed. About two weeks ago modifications such as red dots, triggers, extended controls were not permissible. LASD has removed that off their website. The training company I am using has it writing from LASD:

"Firearms are allowed to be modified as long as they are California and federal law compliant" Deputy G
Old 05-04-2021, 1:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Firearm modifications are now allowed. About two weeks ago modifications such as red dots, triggers, extended controls were not permissible. LASD has removed that off their website. The training company I am using has it writing from LASD:

"Firearms are allowed to be modified as long as they are California and federal law compliant" Deputy G
I think that has always been the case. At least, that has always been stated on the LASD CCW site that as long as it's legal w.r.t. state and federal law, they're good with it.
Old 05-04-2021, 1:32 PM

Is there a round limit for magazine capacity
Old 05-04-2021, 1:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakachaka View Post
From what Iíve read no, if legally purchased and owned, thereís no issue.

Can always be confiscated under the nuisance however.

NRA RSO and Pistol, Shotgun, PPITH, PPOTH Instructor
Old 05-04-2021, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakachaka View Post
I asked the deputy at the end of my interview. He said there is a 10rd mag limit on what we can carry for our ccw guns.
Old 05-04-2021, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal547 View Post
I asked the deputy at the end of my interview. He said there is a 10rd mag limit on what we can carry for our ccw guns.
This is not right. Many of us own old regular capacity magazines that were purchased before our rights were violated and during the freedom week.

More reason to move the heck out of CA.
Old 05-04-2021, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc625 View Post
This is not right. Many of us own old regular capacity magazines that were purchased before our rights were violated and during the freedom week.

More reason to move the heck out of CA.
I would be one of those people. We are allowed to have them and use them in our homes and the range and such but he said we couldn’t use them with our carry guns. ����
Old 05-04-2021, 3:06 PM

Really? What trigger modifications would be California compliant? I had taken off my Overwatch drop in trigger for the firearm that I had listed in my CCW application. It's not a light weight trigger, it's just smoother than stock.

Quote:

Old 05-04-2021, 3:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal547 View Post
I would be one of those people. We are allowed to have them and use them in our homes and the range and such but he said we couldnít use them with our carry guns. ����
As a former LEO, I witnessed many uninformed LEOs regard to current firearm laws and policy. I taught firearms and tactics for over 17 years and observed so many LEOs failed to educated on new gun laws including the freedom week situation. I am not sure whether this deputy understands the current law and exceptions ie, freedom week purchase, and grandfathered magazines.

This is the reason why regular in-service training is so important to keep LEOs current.
Old 05-04-2021, 4:00 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
While breaking records for total number of CCWs issued is great, when you’re starting from virtually zero that’s not saying much. If I were a LASD CCW holder I would not feel reasonably secure until >2% of the qualified LA Co population has a CCW.

Cocktail napkin calculation: 10M total population, assume 2/3 adults -> 6.6M, take away 10% as disqualified (felons, psych, whatever). 2% of 6M is 120,000 CCWers for LAC alone. I emphasize that because the most recent CCW total for the entire state was ~120,000.

You’ve got to figure out how to help AV get many more qualified applicants and get them processed faster. AV needs more resources from the LA Co Board of Supervisors! It is your job to help AV, if you want to ensure LA Co won’t go back to Dark Red....
To get more qualified applicants you LA Co folk need to make sure every owner and employee of every gun shop, shooting club (PPC, IPSC/USPSA, IDPA, skeet/trap, duck/deer hunting) and range knows that Sheriff Villanueva has liberalized issuance.

More LA Co CCWers makes you all safer and reduces the chances of a reversion to restrictive issuance.
Old 05-04-2021, 6:27 PM

Double-checking info for my non-English speaking friend, Is it possible to change 3 guns in the application during the CCW training and qualification?
Old 05-04-2021, 8:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc625 View Post
Double-checking info for my non-English speaking friend, Is it possible to change 3 guns in the application during the CCW training and qualification?
I believe they finalize everything at the training class. Whatever you qual with, if not on the initial application, you'll need to contact the CCW unit, because they will need to check the serial numbers on those guns and verify you as the legal owner. It could potentially cause some delay but is allowed.

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

NRA Memberships at Discounted fee
Old 05-04-2021, 8:31 PM

Quote:

Which training company you use ?