Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > LAX Range & Ammo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LAX Range & Ammo Hosted by www.laxammo.com

Old 06-12-2023, 12:17 PM

Default Online price and in person pricing

I tried to reply to an older thread addressing the same issue, but apparently the thread is too old. So I started a new one!

This has happened to me more than once at LAX Ammunition...

I research the stores around me (San Diego) for who has ammo in stock, and for what price. LAX tends to win, so I go into the store and purchase said ammo. Only to figure out later that the price they chare was significantly different than what I had found online. I should have remembered what the price online was, but it didn't even occur to me until I got home and put the data into my pricing spreadsheet. I had just assumed that it was going to be the same price.

So, THIS time, I was trying to be smart and ORDER the ammo online and pick it up in store, but the website wasn't letting me ship it to their location, so I emailed them. I actually got a response fairly quickly, and they said that they "have actually suspended our shipping within the State of California while we redevelop our verification process and system for our qualified CA customers and our Dealers/FFLs." I thought that was weird that they were having difficulty verifying THEIR OWN FFL, so I followed up with them by stating as much. That's when they responded saying that "The website and retail stores are actually separate entities."

I don't understand how they're allowed to get away with that. They have the same name as far as I can tell. When I purchase ammo in the store (labeled LAX Ammunition), it's the same label as online. Also, how does their store get the ammunition into the state to sell in person if they aren't allowed to ship to FFLs in California?!

I have a feeling that they aren't EVER going to "be able" to ship to CA. I'm not sure I'll be dealing with the in the future unless they start advertising the same pricing online as in store. I suppose I could just call them, but that seams like a real pain in the rear when every body else advertises pricing online.

**On a separate note, I was reading in another LAX Ammo thread that they possibly don't charge for an ammo transfer? I will say, that if that's the case, I guess I'm not done with them after all... I have not verified this, though, but if anybody has any info on this, I'm all ears.
Old 06-17-2023, 5:46 PM

LAX Ammo is the reason I got my FFL03 + COE and buy online from Budsgunshop or TargetSportsUSA exclusively now and you should too.

Whoever is considering driving out to LAX Ammo should take a look at their yelp reviews first.

I've heard their reloads are pretty bad too and have blown up a couple people's guns.
Old 06-18-2023, 6:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosiv3 View Post
LAX Ammo is the reason I got my FFL03 + COE and buy online from Budsgunshop or TargetSportsUSA exclusively now and you should too.

Whoever is considering driving out to LAX Ammo should take a look at their yelp reviews first.

I've heard their reloads are pretty bad too and have blown up a couple people's guns.
What's it take to get an FFL03 + COE?
Prices in CA seem pretty lame. My first thought was to reload my own ammo (which is why I got a revolver first), but I'm not there yet. Still trying to figure how to be economical about the whole thing.
Old 06-18-2023, 6:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Spam View Post
Prices in CA seem pretty lame. My first thought was to reload my own ammo (which is why I got a revolver first), but I'm not there yet. Still trying to figure how to be economical about the whole thing.
Time and money. There?s a few stickies around.

Here?s a recent thread:

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1793241

iTrader
Old 06-19-2023, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Spam View Post
About $200 and 2 hours of your time to fill out the applications, get a livescan done, and mail off the necessary letters.

You do save a lot buying online, but generally don't get the best discounts unless you are buying in bulk (500-1000 rounds at a time. But you still save quite a bit either way.
Old 06-19-2023, 7:21 PM

Thanks guys! I'm gonna look into that. Seems worth it to me. I've been buying 1000 rounds at a time anyway, since that's the max for the first tier of transfers.
Old 09-15-2023, 4:32 PM

I've had the same issues at LAX and definelty sending off my FFL03 paperwork. Thansk for the heads up!