Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 02-28-2020, 4:54 PM

Default Mountain house cleaned out

Maybe America is getting ready for this covid19 after all.

A week ago I ordered a couple big boxes from Mountainhouse just to top off the freeze dried food. Just got an email that they canceled the order due to demand and not being able to keep up with their inventory, they gave me 10% off the next order. Bummed Iím not gonna be getting the shipment, but props to them, what a solid company.

Hope everyoneís topped off!

-W
Old 02-28-2020, 8:15 PM

FYI -- Costco just has them in stock at its website. They usually sold out pretty fast nowadays.

Quote:
Mountain House 30-day Outdoor Adventure Meal, 180 Servings. $489.99.

https://www.costco.com/mountain-hous...100282427.html

Last edited by axhoaxho; 02-28-2020 at 10:00 PM..
Old 02-29-2020, 3:18 AM
Veteran Member

Recently added some MH to the stash, just for variety---all already delivered---have not ordered any in the last week, but some people are paying attention to the world virus situation---rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it and that sort of thing... Also picked up a stash of N95 masks a month ago---and added additional water and cleaning supplies... This is a rich country, the amount of $$$ is relatively small to offer some options to you're family and select friends---if it turns out you need it, then you'll have it---if not actually needed, you'll still have it---I'm OK with that...
Old 02-29-2020, 3:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastmanwes View Post
Maybe America is getting ready for this covid19 after all.

A week ago I ordered a couple big boxes from Mountainhouse just to top off the freeze dried food. Just got an email that they canceled the order due to demand and not being able to keep up with their inventory, they gave me 10% off the next order. Bummed Iím not gonna be getting the shipment, but props to them, what a solid company.

Hope everyoneís topped off!

-W

Being sufficiently prepared with a discount coupon for the next prep is not bad at all.
Old 02-29-2020, 8:31 AM

Numerous threads in the OT forum here at CG claiming Costco is running out of everything from TP to bottled water. Long gone are the masks. Costco.com has an inept supply of bulk foods preppers often buy. They usually have much more available; Walmart had some mid week but I haven't looked lately. One Walmart item suggested in stock but the fine print said delivery in late March.

Imagine a real crisis.
Old 03-01-2020, 7:20 PM
Veteran Member

Went to our Walmart here in Idaho tonight which is always very stocked with prep items. We normally have almost an entire aisle of auguson farms freeze dried on the shelves. Itís empty now. Also ALL bottled water, gone. We are gtg with our preps already, just popped in to get a few items and I wanted to recon the prep stuff. Not surprised itís all snatched up. I live in a very prepper minded area. Most I know are well stocked at all times. The covid19 has encouraged people to put away a little more apparently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk