Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Technology and Internet
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Technology and Internet Emerging and current tech related issues. Internet, DRM, IP, and other technology related discussions.

Old 06-16-2022, 7:57 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Default Emails to me going in to spam folder

Seems to be happening more and more the past month or two...emails to me from people I've emailed with previously, are occasionally going straight in to my spam folder. Even replies to emails that I've sent. I use both aol (personal) and Yahoo Business (branded w/my .com), and it's happening with both.

Suggestions other than changing providers, which I'm not completely opposed to? Do I need to start entering every single person I email with in to my Address Book?? Seems like such a hassle... I am convinced that the email providers are trying to force me in to a paid spam filter add-on.
Old 06-16-2022, 6:09 PM

If you can parse the raw email headers at the top of the unformatted message, the receiving system usually puts in the results of the spam weighting and sometimes the tests they run.

I just had to do the same exercise with an outlook.com user and there is a website for parsing the MS anti-spam headers that tells you all the tests and weights.

Turns out that the biggest culprit is just how much traffic from the sending domain is encountered. If it’s below some threshold, it will be tagged as spam, as this is the new hotness in getting around single-use domain registration for spambots.