Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Old 02-25-2021, 8:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo223 View Post
Yea i bought an entire new slide for the 9mm conversion barrel so installed a g19 UPK.
The .40 ejector is aiight for the .357 Sig conversion barrel though right?

It is fun to build a stripped slide with UPK... you see some things you don't see just cleaning a Glock and changing out triggers. The one I put in my Brownells G19 was a Shadow Systems kit, so I hope it holds up.
Old 02-26-2021, 7:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmaris View Post
... US military is the best in the world. Since we establish that statement as too be correct, next will be-there is reason our military didn’t choose Glock as primary side arms. Going forward-it doesn’t matter what you do, Sig always will be superior to Glock. This is my opinion based on fact from all above.
Now it is your turn to dispute my statement.
When training the Afghan National Police the US military would hand a 30 round magazine to the trainee, a former goat herder and allowed them to have 30 misses and hand them another 30 round magazine and tell them to have at.

When the ANP was trained by the Italian military they would only load three (3) rounds at a time and critique the shooter for those three rounds. The Italians used a tenth (1/10) of the ammo we did and actually trained better goat herder/policemen.

Since most Generals become lobbyists because their buddies from West Point is still on active duty they push whosevers product that is paying their salaries.

Nearly every military in the world has gone to the Glock 17 but not us. Why? And how about the Emperor's new clothes too?

Old 02-26-2021, 7:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosabeach View Post
Not my job to figure out who gave the best kick backs to get a government contract
Best answer my friends.
Old 02-26-2021, 9:37 PM

Hey so you guys are right, the g26 slide/barrel i installed on my glock 27, i used a g19 extractor and extractor and it wont eject properly. the round will get pulled back but it doesnt hit the extractor properly and pop up.

What is the exact part for this, just the current one from the g27 is 1882. My gen3 19 has a 336.

I remember hearing a bunch about how theres a better ejector made by glock to swap out the 336 or is that the best one?
Old 02-26-2021, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
The .40 ejector is aiight for the .357 Sig conversion barrel though right?

It is fun to build a stripped slide with UPK... you see some things you don't see just cleaning a Glock and changing out triggers. The one I put in my Brownells G19 was a Shadow Systems kit, so I hope it holds up.
I freakin love my gunslingers armory slide, $350 for a cerakoted slotted slide and its a great job, ive seen some other friends cerakote jobs and they chip and crack and look subpar jobs but the gunslingers are very good for the price.
Old 02-26-2021, 9:46 PM

is the 30274 ejector better for 9mm glock? versus the 336?
Old 02-26-2021, 10:20 PM
Veteran Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che762x39 View Post
When training the Afghan National Police the US military would hand a 30 round magazine to the trainee, a former goat herder and allowed them to have 30 misses and hand them another 30 round magazine and tell them to have at.

When the ANP was trained by the Italian military they would only load three (3) rounds at a time and critique the shooter for those three rounds. The Italians used a tenth (1/10) of the ammo we did and actually trained better goat herder/policemen.

Since most Generals become lobbyists because their buddies from West Point is still on active duty they push whosevers product that is paying their salaries.

Nearly every military in the world has gone to the Glock 17 but not us. Why? And how about the Emperor's new clothes too?

On point.
Old 02-27-2021, 6:37 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo223 View Post
is the 30274 ejector better for 9mm glock? versus the 336?
Yes, The 30274 ejector is a update from the 336. There is also an even newer 9mm ejector, the 47021 which comes on Gen 5 9mm pistols, but they are unobtanium right now.

In this thread ejector and extractor are both being used to describe the same part.

It's the ejector which is fixed in the trigger housing and kicks the case from the gun as it cycles. The extractor is fixed in the slide and grabs the rim of the cartridge.

It's the ejector with has to be changed when doing caliber swaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

Last edited by SVT-40; 02-27-2021 at 6:41 AM..
Old 02-27-2021, 10:46 AM
НАТО в Хату!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che762x39 View Post
Best answer my friends.
So, you are agree that everybody in the world which adopted Glock 17 get kickback, you just do not want to figure out who did.
Fair enough, just proving my point one more time.
Old 02-27-2021, 11:21 AM
Reptile&Samurai Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmaris View Post
We probably read different threads. I am reading mine. For some reason Glock lovers read everything through the prism.
there are no prisms
only opaque black polymer goodness
if god wanted me to read he wouldn't have had Gaston invent tennifer
Old 02-27-2021, 11:34 AM
НАТО в Хату!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkt88edmo View Post
there are no prisms
only opaque black polymer goodness
if god wanted me to read he wouldn't have had Gaston invent tennifer
And you saying no prizm!
Ferritic nitrocorburizing was developed way before Gaston, in 1950ths, Gaston just give to it his name on existing process, but he never developed or invented that process itself.
Remove prism!

Last edited by Palmaris; 02-27-2021 at 12:04 PM..
Old 02-27-2021, 12:47 PM
I need a LIFE!!

You can try to figure out why Glock dominated the market enough for everyone to attempt reliable knock-offs with any of the longevity of the Glock system. Doesn't matter one bit to Glock or the people who prefer Glock. Glocks sell themselves. Nothing else needed except smart people actually shooting them and word of mouth. As far as the "block" look... it is more like a monolithic slab to me.

A LOT more people than you think also love a tight clean simple utilitarian design, RATHER THAN slits, chops, shaves, shapes, holes, stripes, lines, patterns, paisley, hood scoops, air vents, double-decker gripzones, weird shapes, four art styles, lame fonts, intersectional emblems.
Old 02-27-2021, 1:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

The new PPQ (PDP) uses GLOCK dovetails for the iron sights.

https://www.recoilweb.com/walther-pd...ss-165755.html
Old 02-27-2021, 2:52 PM

Thumbs up Timney...

It is "does it worth it"

Screenshot_20210227-154700_Gallery.jpg

"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power... like God must feel when he's holding a gun." - Homer
Old 02-27-2021, 3:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

To a lot of people who customized their guns to their preferences wether it is superficial or a change in the grip frame, it does worth it. Definitely does worth it.

Someone who likes a stock gun wouldn’t not say it does worth it.
Old 02-27-2021, 3:38 PM
Calguns Addict

The buy line is Glock Perfection...

You can not improve perfection.
John 3:16

NRA,,, Lifer

United Air Epic Fail Video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 02-27-2021, 3:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpage View Post
The buy line is Glock Perfection...

You can not improve perfection.
Yup. When I had my Glocks, I had to upgrade the polymer guide rod, plug the empty hole at the bottom of the grip........and I must say " it does worth it " to improve my perfect Glock.
Old 03-16-2021, 9:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DArBad View Post
Yup. When I had my Glocks, I had to upgrade the polymer guide rod, plug the empty hole at the bottom of the grip........and I must say " it does worth it " to improve my perfect Glock.
the guiderod upgrade isnt too much, and honestly going back and forth, while the tungstun or SS ones are nice they have significantly more resistance when racking so its harder for women or weaklings to really rack it back. you can feel the extra weight in the pistol as well, so it only feels balance if you have a slotted slide to redistribute the weight, otherwise the front end is heavy for sure, they say it helps keep recoil down, i shoot every few days, i cant really tell tbh.

ive actually gone back to the old OEM guiderods (when taking friends and their girlfriends to go shoot) simply because theres less resistance and easier to rack and havent noticed any real difference in the shooting experiance tbh.....
Old 03-16-2021, 10:50 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DArBad View Post
I have some comps that use steel RSA and the system in general makes a big difference if that what you are looking for (zero muzzle flip).

I have one Vickers Glock 17 that has the grip plug and I like it... because it looks cool with certain mags, but I didn't run out and add it to any others.
The RTF2 texture or TALON Granulates are very nice and a big change.

My buddy just brought over his gen3 G34 with fresh Talons and it feels great like it cements to your hand (just like my G22C with granulates). Also the stock trigger is decent and I wouldn't change it.

I like those extended slide stops that look stock but have much better gimping and a slightly larger curve... the Vickers ones or Tango Down.

You don't have to agree... it is subjective, but I always change plastic sights to steel, change trigger connector... anything else is optional.

Also, anyone triggered by the "Perfection" MARKETING and trying to imply GLOCKS are different than any other gun that people add stuff to for whatever reason... and just trolling as usual.

Does it worth it? Oh yeah, does it.