Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 09-24-2021, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusrn View Post
But fortunately at this time it's not uncommon for some clerks to help an applicant "massage" their good cause statement. Times change after great effort is exerted.
That matched my experience, they seem to go out of their way to get you to submit something they will approve rather than deny.

The more time I spend on this forum, the more sense kcbrown makes.
Old 09-24-2021, 8:56 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusrn View Post
Traditionally the staff at Lic Bureau telegraphs applicants that they're wasting their cash. People are effectively denied off the books when they don,t pay their fees and get fomerly denied. I think this is still going on and I'm a witness going back to 1994. The Sheriff himself has been called out in past stating " Ninety % of applicants are approved". Of course 90% are approved if you got a chubby lady (or sworn LEO) with blue hair telling you you're a dummy to give them your hard earned frog skins for nothing!
When I did my initial CCW, the very nice lady told me that if my GC was not accepted, that I should appeal it. She said 100% of appeals are granted the permit because they don't want to get sued if you are denied and then come to harm.

True or not, I was ready to appeal if denied.

Katie
Old 09-24-2021, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
When I did my initial CCW, the very nice lady told me that if my GC was not accepted, that I should appeal it. She said 100% of appeals are granted the permit because they don't want to get sued if you are denied and then come to harm.

True or not, I was ready to appeal if denied.

Katie
That's very interesting. I wonder if that has ever actually happened. By Sate law the Sheriff is specifically immune from lawsuits from any party based on either issuing or not issuing.

The more time I spend on this forum, the more sense kcbrown makes.
Old 09-24-2021, 11:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have applied 7-8 times over 27 yrs. I always appeal when denied and at least half the times it has been a favorable outcome. Gore is now a born again Republican and the more he grants more liberal LTC it seems the more comfortable he is with it. Remember though that all those who work under him could turn on a dime if his beliefs change. It's only politics. Gore has always been an excellant Sheriff. He learned much in his FBI career and has always handled his Deputies, the Board of Supervisors and the Press/Media in an exemplary way. Some people criticize his association with Ruby Ridge and San Diego residence of 9/11 conspiritors. Anyone in public service as long as him would run up against some criticism.

Last edited by marcusrn; 09-25-2021 at 12:16 AM..
Old 09-25-2021, 9:23 AM

I recently read this whole thread and just had my appointment so here to share experience.

Originally applied early May 2021, with an Oct 2022 appointment date.
Used the SDCGO good cause worksheet to draft GC
Kinda just forgot about it, checked once for an earlier appointment, no luck, second time I checked in August I found Sept date wide open, yay!

Brought all my paperwork with me to appointment but needed none of it. I walked in about 10 min early and was quickly checked in and guided through the 3 stations. Went over application and applied some general "NONE", "SAME" answers here and there with initials. The person printed out my GC statement and added it to my application. Fingerprinting and picture taking was easy, everyone was friendly and asked if I had any questions.

They said it takes up to 90 days for background check, that after I get the approval from them, to sign up for the class, then upload that certificate in the system, and from there they would email the license.

So now I'm in the holding pattern. People have told me if I made it this far, I'm basically approved. I'm curious how deep the background check goes, do they look at social media? Would a picture of myself with Jordan Peterson be a disqualifier ?? (lol) I'm certainly not a prohibited person, I've never had even a hiccup buying a firearm.

Anyways, if you're waiting for an app, check permitium for a closer app date. I got the email that said SD was hiring a bunch of people to clear the backlog, and that they were moving people up, I just happened to check one day randomly and the date was wide open so of course I jumped on it. You don't have to give up the old date just to look. Cheers,