Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim Air rifles and pistols, AirSoft and Mil Sim Discussion

Old 12-20-2019, 11:16 AM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Default Sig ASP20 break barrel .22

so i just bit the bullet and bought one of these (merry christmas to me!) - anyone have one? are they as nice as they claim in terms of accuracy and ease of use?

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/asp20...2cal-wood.html
Old 12-20-2019, 8:36 PM

The American Rifleman in one of the more recent issues did a write up on this rifle. If I recall correctly, they thought highly of it. They are made in America and are notably robust. Though Iíve seen and handled one, I have not yet had the opportunity to shoot one.

My impression was that the rifle appears to be nicely made with the usual etchings that are commonplace today rather than the roll marks that used to be de rigueur on most spring guns of yesteryear.

The stocks are very substantial, and though I only saw the wooden version, I was suitably impressed. I found the placement of the ambidextrous safety to be somewhat odd, though that is mostly an observation rather than a criticism.

I was able to heft the rifle and found it somewhat weighty, though in comparison with my Diana 54 itís positively willowy.

The fit and finish seemed appropriate to the cost of the rifle and I didnít see anything that would have queered the deal for me had I been interested in acquiring one.

My guess is that you will enjoy your rifle immensely. Experiment with a selection of pellets to see which works best in your rifle, put a decent scope on it, and you should be set for the next twenty years.

Until you buy the next one, and the next one, and the next one...
Old 12-20-2019, 9:51 PM
CGN Contributor

Thanks. I ordered the scope and rings with the gun from sig today. Looking forward to getting the gun out in the field!
Old 12-21-2019, 7:25 AM

Nice Christmas gift. Looks like a quality Break Barrel. Wonder how tight the groups are at 25 Yards, please let us know how it performs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterabbits View Post
so i just bit the bullet and bought one of these (merry christmas to me!) - anyone have one? are they as nice as they claim in terms of accuracy and ease of use?

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/asp20...2cal-wood.html
Old 01-19-2020, 2:51 PM

I have both .177 and .22 in the synthetic stock. They are outstanding break barrels. Accurate and powerful!
Old 01-22-2020, 10:37 AM
CGN Contributor

i have only been able to fire a couple pellets out of it so far, haven't even been able to sight it in. with the wood stock it's fairly hefty, but i love the gun.