Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Bay Area Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2019, 8:30 AM

Default San Mateo CCW - Military

Good morning,

I am sorry if this topic has been discussed, but I did not find any reference to a military personnel, thus I will ask.

I just moved to San Mateo County and would like to carry my P10C (is legally registered in CA) legally. I am a military member and wonder if the new San Mateo sheriff gives CCW to military? Ever since the Chattanooga attack, I think it's important for any military member to have the necessary tools to protect him/her self.

Please let me know your thoughts about this.

Thank you very much.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2019, 8:34 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Talk to your command if you have that type of relationship. I was able to get a memo approving and recommending carry on and off duty, on and off base for my protection and the protection of personnel in my unit. I am to respond in the event of a active shooter. That memo may help you get approved. I am not from your county so I don't know what their policy or climate is.

Our Fullerton store is Open!
714.242.5400 - Info@ShootSoCal.com
10-6 Monday- Saturday, No Appointment needed.
1139 S Placentia Ave Fullerton CA 92831

Glock Optic Cuts Glock, M&P, Shield, CZ and 1911 Starting $125

FFL TRANSFER $50 / Ammo $25

We are hiring GUNSMITH position

Factory Trained and Certified CERAKOTE Applicator.

View our Online Gun Store here!
Old 01-24-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechGuyUSA View Post
Good morning,

I am sorry if this topic has been discussed, but I did not find any reference to a military personnel, thus I will ask.

I just moved to San Mateo County and would like to carry my P10C (is legally registered in CA) legally. I am a military member and wonder if the new San Mateo sheriff gives CCW to military? Ever since the Chattanooga attack, I think it's important for any military member to have the necessary tools to protect him/her self.

Please let me know your thoughts about this.

Thank you very much.

Could work, I'm in San Mateo and it's pretty rare for this Sherriff to issue, but it's worth a shot. The guy that ran against him in the last election was pro ccw, but this guy is your typical CA liberal.

I know how you feel, we moved back from Nellis once my wife switched from active to reserves. I don't think people realize the threats military members and their families face. I couldn't tell you how many times the base went on lockdown due to bomb threats. Right after we moved back there was that bombing incident at Travis.

Last edited by brix; 01-24-2019 at 10:23 AM..
Old 01-24-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brix View Post
Could work, I'm in San Mateo and it's pretty rare for this Sherriff to issue, but it's worth a shot. The guy that ran against him in the last election was pro ccw, but this guy is your typical CA liberal.

I know how you feel, we moved back from Nellis once my wife switched from active to reserves. I don't think people realize the threats military members and their families face. I couldn't tell you how many times the base went on lockdown due to bomb threats. Right after we moved back there was that bombing incident at Travis.
Sir,

I know I am 349 at Travis too.... The guy with the explosives in his vehicle, guy on the airfield, guy in a vehicle running into the base... I had a guy cursing me out for wearing my ABU, calling me names.... I absolutely look like a military or LEO, and lately I don't feel very safe... Even considering moving out of state, however, my civilian job here is good and it is not easy to move.

It really sucks that there is no exemption for Military personnel.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechGuyUSA View Post
Sir,

I know I am 349 at Travis too.... The guy with the explosives in his vehicle, guy on the airfield, guy in a vehicle running into the base... I had a guy cursing me out for wearing my ABU, calling me names.... I absolutely look like a military or LEO, and lately I don't feel very safe... Even considering moving out of state, however, my civilian job here is good and it is not easy to move.

It really sucks that there is no exemption for Military personnel.

All I can say is be safe and give it a shot. I have heard of gun shop employees being granted ccws. But if you have some of the right credentialing, it might be good enough to sway the sheriff's office. My wife and I are serious about getting back out of here, for us it's some family situations keeping us here.

Nice choice on the p10c, I picked up a couple of shadow 2s once the decision was made to move back. San Mateo isnt as extreme as San Francisco which is why I say give it a shot.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2019, 1:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brix View Post
All I can say is be safe and give it a shot. I have heard of gun shop employees being granted ccws. But if you have some of the right credentialing, it might be good enough to sway the sheriff's office. My wife and I are serious about getting back out of here, for us it's some family situations keeping us here.

Nice choice on the p10c, I picked up a couple of shadow 2s once the decision was made to move back. San Mateo isnt as extreme as San Francisco which is why I say give it a shot.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Thank you!!! P10C is amazing and for me especially, it's close to my heart. I was born in Brno, Czech Republic, and lived there till my 19th bday. So having a Czech weapon is sentimental

Surprising, ppl in Czech can carry what ever they want (not automatic) without many restrictions as long as they pass all of the requirements. Here they keep us defenseless... And here I feel more as a target, and limit what I do and where I go.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:19 AM
Calguns Addict

Cz makes great guns. Good luck getting your ccw. If you want to shoot other czs I'm a fan boy send me a pm.