Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 06-14-2021, 2:17 PM

Running your own business is fine, just provide the tax statements. I am not sure on the exceptions of employment like being a student. I am sure they are fine as long as you can provide proof but that is something that will have to be cleared up through them. Just going off of what I was told.
Old 06-14-2021, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethreegs View Post
Running your own business is fine, just provide the tax statements. I am not sure on the exceptions of employment like being a student. I am sure they are fine as long as you can provide proof but that is something that will have to be cleared up through them. Just going off of what I was told.

Iím in the music biz and sent them accolades and such with my application. (Grammy awards etc). Iím easily searchable as Iíve been doing this for years. Iím just wondering if I need to disclose my income. But better to be safe than sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2021, 2:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo818 View Post
Iím in the music biz and sent them accolades and such with my application. (Grammy awards etc). Iím easily searchable as Iíve been doing this for years. Iím just wondering if I need to disclose my income. But better to be safe than sorry.

As far as I can tell, they don't give a rat's *** about your income, just that you are employed. What employment doesn't seem to matter and they just want the paperwork that shows employment.
Old 06-14-2021, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Nope definitely has nothing to do with my employment. The deputy just says a requirement is proof of employment.
I must say I find that a bit odd. So by implication, nobody who is retired, between jobs, a student, a stay at home parent, etc. can ever have a permit regardless of other risks or threats in their life?

The more time I spend on this forum, the more sense kcbrown makes.
Old 06-14-2021, 2:35 PM

I am fully employed and I also run my own business. When I had the interview, he said "Do you have any paperwork to show me?". I provided my full time employment paystub. He said he will not contact my employer. I provided a copy of my passport and vehicle registration and my business vehicle registration.

I also provided my business certifications such as my LLC papwork, business license, sellers permit, and current utility bills. I asked him if he would like my bank statements and he said it was not needed.

Provide as much as you can so it is less work for them. Don't leave anything out, it will make things easier for the team looking at your application.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2021, 2:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown.- View Post

I'm going to beat Paladin to it. I'm not sure what # that is on CGN

But party time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmeow View Post
Yellow
For LASD Iím only celebrating Light Green (and Dark Green, if any get posted), GCs. Something showing progress. This one was Yellow. When people PM those or reds I congratulate them but donít even bother posting about them anymore. It would take too much time.

Once weíre confident LASD issues for most LG GCs, people with only Dark Green should consider applying (sometime after July 01). Itís only $30, if wasted.
Old 06-14-2021, 3:10 PM

Paladin,

For months now, all I've ever wanted was to see your party post with my name and #CGN next to it.

You better for me later this week. Yellow GC
Old 06-14-2021, 3:11 PM

4/5/2021 Mailed Check
5/24/2021 Call to do interview
5/27/2021 Interview completed
5/27/2021 Livescan Completed (CA,FBI portion compelted, Firearms pending)
6/11/2021 All of Livescan completed

Now i wait for email? Still no check cashed.
Old 06-14-2021, 3:12 PM

@TougeChis No. They're backed up. Please. No more training submittals until Vinh and I pick up. Then you guys can send in all the submittals you want.

kthxbye
Old 06-14-2021, 3:13 PM

Just got my call a moment ago. Will interview on Wednesday.

Had applied by mailing in my application on April 12. I sent it regular mail, so not exactly sure when they got it, but I'd guess April 14 or so. I'm a work-related app, so yellow GC I think.

Though I gave them copies of most of these docs along with the app, they still want me to bring Driver License, recent utility bill, passport (or BC), and recent paystub.

Last edited by meanspartan; 06-14-2021 at 3:18 PM..
Old 06-14-2021, 3:16 PM

@MansSpartan

Congrats my dude. Looks like LASD is still making calls late into the afternoon.

The latest documented call was to @Driftwood at 630PM.

So keep your phone charged, at least 80% to make sure it has the best reception. I hear iPhones don't receive calls unless it's above 75% battery.
Old 06-14-2021, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanspartan View Post

Had applied by mailing in my application on April 12. I sent it regular mail, so not exactly sure when they got it, but I'd guess April 14 or so. I'm a work-related app, so yellow GC I think.

Though I gave them copies of most of these docs along with the app, they still want me to bring Driver License, recent utility bill, passport (or BC), and recent paystub.
Oh, and for what it's worth, I had given them my business card with the app and they called the office number, not my cell. Which is fine by me, but if any of you don't want them calling at your work, then keep that in mind.

The Officer I spoke with who will be doing the interview was very friendly and helpful. She answered all my stupid questions.
Old 06-14-2021, 3:42 PM

Quote:

Oh snap! My phones at 7%. Better keep in charged from here on out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2021, 3:48 PM

Colombian, when did you send yours in again?
I'm rooting for you bud.

I have my phone on the charger with ringer set to loudest as possible.
Old 06-14-2021, 3:49 PM

Quote:

Wow, congrats.

God, Family, Country in order to keep the great land of America Free and Great.

BLUE LIVES MATTER

ALL LIVES MATTER
Old 06-14-2021, 3:52 PM

Quote:
@TougeChis No. They're backed up. Please. No more training submittals until Vinh and I pick up. Then you guys can send in all the submittals you want.

kthxbye
lmao. I am just curious. If i am not mistaken, they are going to email me to proceed to complete my training portion. I have that lined up already but have not completed just incase my GC isn't good enough. I have no worries with my background check.
Old 06-14-2021, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Colombian, when did you send yours in again?
I'm rooting for you bud.

I have my phone on the charger with ringer set to loudest as possible.
Tracking shows they signed for it on 4/19. Coincidentally, on my 29th wedding anniversary. Let's hope that's a good sign.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2021, 3:55 PM

Quote:

He mentioned that there is an order to the process and thanked me for not trying to "jump the line" by already having done the live scan and training. Did not imply it would have hurt my chances to speed things up necessarily, though.
What should this mean for the people who have Yellow-Dark Red GC/ High odds of approval? I donít see how getting the training and live scan inconveniences LASD at all. If anything, this should streamline the process. Iím fortunate enough to have the time to wait, but holy hell. I pray for those who apply for the 90-day emergency permit.

Old 06-14-2021, 4:05 PM

@cuban oh nice, so you and my wife and on the same track. Her app was delivered 4/21.
Old 06-14-2021, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by localpew View Post
What should this mean for the people who have Yellow-Dark Red GC/ High odds of approval? I donít see how getting the training and live scan inconveniences LASD at all. If anything, this should streamline the process. Iím fortunate enough to have the time to wait, but holy hell. I pray for those who apply for the 90-day emergency permit.

I think they just donít want anyone complaining about spending all that money in the event they are denied.
Old 06-14-2021, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeChis View Post
lmao. I am just curious. If i am not mistaken, they are going to email me to proceed to complete my training portion. I have that lined up already but have not completed just incase my GC isn't good enough. I have no worries with my background check.
Yes. You will get an email telling you to proceed with training. I didn’t wait for the email and sent in my training certs a couple of days after my live scan cleared.