Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedro View Post
Hardly.
But I suppose name calling is all you have.
Oh, we do have a lot, but you would not understand.
Old 09-17-2018, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
I was taught that "#" symbol is pronounced "Pound".

Who would name a movement - Pound Me Too?

Oh, the irony --- funny as hell. Literally -- F' them!

Safety Rule #1:
1) Treat all tweakers like they are loaded
Old 09-17-2018, 2:01 PM

Kavanagh hires a female attorney
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...gations-report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2018, 2:08 PM

And Trump now suggesting a vote delay.. hasn't asked him to back down but admits he hasn't spoken with him.
Old 09-17-2018, 2:36 PM

Let them delay the vote by a couple of weeks to hold a biased character assassination inquisition, er, I mean committee hearings. Even if the GOP loses the Senate in November, the new members won't be sworn in immediately. As long as the Judiciary Committee gets the delay sorted out and there's a floor vote before the new members are sworn in, he's in.

Remember this: Kavanaugh doesn't have to be seated on the Court by the beginning of the term.

What I find funny is Schumer now crying about how the GOP is going too fast to seat Kavanaugh when he was previously crying about how the GOP was delaying Garland's nomination and the SCOTUS needed to have that critical justice on the court as soon as possible.

Evil doesn't only come in black.

Life is like a discount bakery. Usually everything is just what you ordered. But, occasionally you come face to face with an unexpected fruitcake. Surprise!

There is no "I" in Team; no "Me" in sports; no "You" in life. However, there's a ton of "Wheeeeee!" on roller coasters.
Old 09-17-2018, 3:17 PM

Slimestien sitting on the letter instead of bringing it up at the hearings when it should have been talked about and the women's background, politics, and scrubbing her internet history all make this nothing more than underhanded democratic crap. I would bet most High school kids have had some touchy - feely evenings.
Old 09-17-2018, 3:38 PM

CNN article "Kavanaugh Timeline"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/17/polit...ine/index.html

Important statements in bold below. Namely, this woman tried no less than 3 different times to accuse him, all after his name was added to the short list of justices. In that short time she also went out of her way to gather evidence, as she already had copies of her Psychs notes (and permission to release them), as well as a Poly in AUGUST. This was not an innocent, hesitant gesture... she did it knowing full well the repercussions and her intent to derail his appointment is obvious. The story about her scrubbing her social media would fully tie in with this. I won't buy into any deep Democrat Party plot, but I do believe that this one woman fully and wholly is absolutely doing this on purpose because of political reasons.

2012: While at couples therapy with her husband, Ford told the Post she described the alleged incident in detail for the first time. Her husband, Russell Ford, recalled to the Post that she talked during their 2012 sessions about the incident, mentioning Kavanaugh's last name and that he was a federal judge who might be on the Supreme Court eventually. Ford provided portions of the therapist's notes to the paper, which described an incident without mentioning Kavanaugh by name.

•2013: Notes from an individual therapy session said Ford talked about a "rape attempt" from when she was a teenager, according to the Post.

•July 2018: Ford reached out to the Post's tip line as Kavanaugh's name appeared on the shortlist to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy. "Around the same time," the Post said, Ford contacted her member of Congress, California Democratic Rep. Anna Eshoo.

•Late July: Ford opted to contact California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein via a letter through Eshoo's office. In the letter, Ford requests Feinstein keep the matter confidential.

Early August: On the advice of her attorney Debra Katz, Ford took a polygraph test. The Post said Katz provided the paper with the results of the test, which was administered by a former FBI agent. The results concluded Ford was truthful when she said a statement summarizing her allegations was accurate, according to the newspaper.

Last edited by mit31; 09-17-2018 at 3:42 PM..
Old 09-17-2018, 3:43 PM

Testimony for both parties is set for Monday, 9/24. So the committee vote has been postponed until at least 9/25.
Old 09-17-2018, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit31 View Post
Early August: On the advice of her attorney Debra Katz, Ford took a polygraph test. The Post said Katz provided the paper with the results of the test, which was administered by a former FBI agent. The results concluded Ford was truthful when she said a statement summarizing her allegations was accurate, according to the newspaper.
So, what happens if Kavanaugh passes a polygraph that concludes that his denial was accurate?
Old 09-17-2018, 4:07 PM

Nothing, polygraph tests are crap.

Even assuming that everything is correct - that a 15 year old with a poor judgement and multiple emotional issues went to a party with drunken high school kids and got scared of something that did not actually happen - it does not change absolutely anything. Just a dirty liberal hit with absolutely zero substance.
Old 09-17-2018, 4:18 PM

The delay gives the Dems a win. If this accusation was truly serious they would not have waited until the 11th hour to bring it up. The Republicans continue to allow themselves to be played.

Feinstein's despicable behavior has me for the first time considering voting for 30 magazine clip DeLeon. He is a joke, but DiFi has to go.
Old 09-17-2018, 4:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Cubed View Post
The delay gives the Dems a win. If this accusation was truly serious they would not have waited until the 11th hour to bring it up. The Republicans continue to allow themselves to be played.

Feinstein's despicable behavior has me for the first time considering voting for 30 magazine clip DeLeon. He is a joke, but DiFi has to go.
Not really. They pushed the committee vote by a week. Still gives an additional four weeks until Nov 6th
Old 09-17-2018, 4:25 PM

Really sickening but just knew tthe nomination was too good to be true and I have always despised D Frankenstein since the first CA AWB. Anyone but her in the Senate.
Old 09-17-2018, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Eastvale View Post
Really sickening but just knew tthe nomination was too good to be true and I have always despised D Frankenstein since the first CA AWB. Anyone but her in the Senate.
Be careful what you ask for. The cockroach that is running against her is even worse.
Old 09-17-2018, 6:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit31 View Post
CNN article "Kavanaugh Timeline"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/17/polit...ine/index.html

Important statements in bold below. Namely, this woman tried no less than 3 different times to accuse him, all after his name was added to the short list of justices. In that short time she also went out of her way to gather evidence, as she already had copies of her Psychs notes (and permission to release them), as well as a Poly in AUGUST. This was not an innocent, hesitant gesture... she did it knowing full well the repercussions and her intent to derail his appointment is obvious. The story about her scrubbing her social media would fully tie in with this. I won't buy into any deep Democrat Party plot, but I do believe that this one woman fully and wholly is absolutely doing this on purpose because of political reasons.

2012: While at couples therapy with her husband, Ford told the Post she described the alleged incident in detail for the first time. Her husband, Russell Ford, recalled to the Post that she talked during their 2012 sessions about the incident, mentioning Kavanaugh's last name and that he was a federal judge who might be on the Supreme Court eventually. Ford provided portions of the therapist's notes to the paper, which described an incident without mentioning Kavanaugh by name.

•2013: Notes from an individual therapy session said Ford talked about a "rape attempt" from when she was a teenager, according to the Post.

•July 2018: Ford reached out to the Post's tip line as Kavanaugh's name appeared on the shortlist to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy. "Around the same time," the Post said, Ford contacted her member of Congress, California Democratic Rep. Anna Eshoo.

•Late July: Ford opted to contact California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein via a letter through Eshoo's office. In the letter, Ford requests Feinstein keep the matter confidential.

So Peter Strzok is now working as a polygraph examiner .
Old 09-17-2018, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Cubed View Post
The delay gives the Dems a win.
Hopefully this display of Democrat corruption will serve as motivation for people to get out and vote. Republicans have to avoid being complacent on election day.
Old 09-17-2018, 7:11 PM

I always thought those people who wanted a second revolution were nuts now I'm becoming one of those nuts.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2018, 9:17 PM
Formerly carlosdanger

I can't for the life of me understand why Dr. Ford didn't come forward earlier. I mean it is not like:

People would disbelieve her and ridicule out of hand accusing her of being:

a Lib,

being political,

a character assassin,

a liar.

Her character and her entire life would be scrutinized with a fine tooth comb and any mistakes would be magnified and publicized ad nauseum.

She would be doxxed and her home address, telephone number and cell phone would be posted on the internet.

She would receive death threats from partisans.

Oh wait, I just read the comments on this thread.

Thank heavens Senator Grassley miraculously had a letter in his desk drawer written by 65 students who knew Brett Kavanaugh in high school and swore he did not rape them. What a stroke of luck. You could almost believe he knew this would happen.
“It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.”

― Joseph Heller, Catch 22

Last edited by RozaShanina; 09-17-2018 at 10:06 PM..
Old 09-18-2018, 6:32 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

^^^ then why come forward at all?...

There is no reason not to have come forward way prior if she was willing to come forward when she did... What changed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangzoom View Post
OK now we are called US Americans...because nobody matters but US
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Dignity, Respect, Purpose - Live It!
Old 09-18-2018, 7:35 AM

"Kavanaugh accuser has not yet accepted invitation to testify before Congress"

Yet he is not only ready but eager to do so.....To call this ***** out.

FBI has no evidence and therefore nothing to investigate...

No appearance before investigators.... Go forward with the vote.
Old 09-18-2018, 7:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
^^^ then why come forward at all?...

There is no reason not to have come forward way prior if she was willing to come forward when she did... What changed?
It was being held in reserve for the purpose of political theatrics. Had Trump nominated someone other than Kavanaugh, I'm positive there would have been another person who would have made the same sort of accusation against that nominee. Even if he'd have nominated a woman, someone would have accused her of sexual misconduct, man or woman.

It's an 11th hour tactic to stall what is an obvious confirmation vote. Had DiFi brought it up during the hearings, it would have taken away from Booker's "I am Sparticus" moment and Harris' limelight seeking procedural fakery. A 1-2 punch so to speak.

In legal parlance it's called "sandbagging". It's frowned upon by everyone.

Evil doesn't only come in black.

Life is like a discount bakery. Usually everything is just what you ordered. But, occasionally you come face to face with an unexpected fruitcake. Surprise!

There is no "I" in Team; no "Me" in sports; no "You" in life. However, there's a ton of "Wheeeeee!" on roller coasters.
Old 09-18-2018, 8:23 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplaw View Post
It was being held in reserve for the purpose of political theatrics. Had Trump nominated someone other than Kavanaugh, I'm positive there would have been another person who would have made the same sort of accusation against that nominee. Even if he'd have nominated a woman, someone would have accused her of sexual misconduct, man or woman.

It's an 11th hour tactic to stall what is an obvious confirmation vote. Had DiFi brought it up during the hearings, it would have taken away from Booker's "I am Sparticus" moment and Harris' limelight seeking procedural fakery. A 1-2 punch so to speak.

In legal parlance it's called "sandbagging". It's frowned upon by everyone.
The obvious answer was obvious... I was specifically asking the poster above - based on his rhetoric...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangzoom View Post
OK now we are called US Americans...because nobody matters but US
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Dignity, Respect, Purpose - Live It!
Old 09-18-2018, 9:22 AM

BULL. The timing of her accusation, regardless of it is authentic or not, is 100% political. If she was so concerned about: 1) having a cathartic moment 2) making the government or people aware of what happened she would have done this in 2012 or 2013, after her psych sessions. She did not. 100% political.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosdanger View Post
I can't for the life of me understand why Dr. Ford didn't come forward earlier. I mean it is not like:

a Lib,

being political,

a character assassin,

a liar.

Her character and her entire life would be scrutinized with a fine tooth comb and any mistakes would be magnified and publicized ad nauseum.

She would be doxxed and her home address, telephone number and cell phone would be posted on the internet.

Thank heavens Senator Grassley miraculously had a letter in his desk drawer written by 65 students who knew Brett Kavanaugh in high school and swore he did not rape them. What a stroke of luck. You could almost believe he knew this would happen.
Old 09-18-2018, 9:27 AM

Quote:

a Lib,

being political,

a character assassin,

a liar.

Then why come forward at all, especially during a time when it would throw her in the public spotlight? She could have come forward at any time before the nomination and would have been out of the public spotlight, but it "conveniently" comes out right before the vote. Nobody had ever heard of Kavanaugh until a few months ago.

Your argument, like most liberal arguments, makes absolutely no sense and is grounded in zero logic.
Old 09-18-2018, 9:38 AM

Ms. Ford certainly believes in her story. Numerous examples of such induced memories that shape up and take a root decades later. Gradually, detailed fantasies emerge, they feel more real than truth.

If democrats and this deranged lady succeed, I sure hope karma will bite their asses clean off. And it will.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:00 AM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reco...memory_therapy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repressed_memory

The science behind this whole topic is minimal and controversial. Given that there is no evidence of the event from any other source, and the lack of anyone else coming forward with similar stories, a person's career should not be torpedoed.

I have no doubt she believes what she's saying. I can understand her not wanting to come forward unless absolutely necessary. I can understand scrubbing her social media to try to lessen the negative impact on her. I would do these things if I was in her shoes. It doesn't make her a liar, because she believes she's telling the truth.

I also believe the timing is deliberate, a delay tactic, and it's all political theater.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2018, 10:23 AM

I have discussed this with a prominent clinical psychologist who is a good friend. She is actually quite a liberal, but of the sane, older school variety. Opinion I stated above was hers.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:24 AM

Believing that you are telling the truth when you lie still makes one a liar.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
Believing that you are telling the truth when you lie still makes one a liar.
I disagree. A lie is an intentionally false statement.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2018, 10:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Either way it goes, the concern is the two swing votes. If he can't be confirmed then the next one might not get in before the midterms.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:44 AM

A lie is a lie. Unless you question what mean of “is” is.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:28 PM

Mental incompetence should never be used as a defense. If you lie thinking it's the truth and it ruins a man's life you should be prosecuted as any other liar. If you murder someone not knowing what you are doing you should get the death sentence..

Only a centrist or bleeding heart liberal would believe otherwise
Old 09-18-2018, 12:32 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

a Lib,

being political,

a character assassin,

a liar.

So you are fine with someone making a last minute 30+ year old accusation, with zero evidence, while not under oath, ruining someone's life, over something that supposedly happened when both were teenagers, not remembering exactly when it happened or where it happened, (how convenient as the accused has no way of now showing that they were somewhere else at the time) against someone who has passed 6 FBI background checks, has no record of anything like this being reported and testified under oath that this type of thing has not happened. Not to mention the only other person supposedly in the room, according to the accusation, states that nothing like that happened. It will be interesting to see if she is willing to testify under oath.

As far as the Grassley letter, Kavanaugh's friends and coworkers, people that actually know him came together to defend him and say that they never saw him act that way. I'm sorry that you apparently do not have the honesty to accurately represent what the letter was about or apparently, friends that would do that for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosdanger aka RozaShanina View Post
Weiner is in jail for doing much less than Kavanaugh or your Dear Leader Trump have done and they are walking around free.

NRA Benefactor Member

Police brutality? Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRd5oucG114 to learn more about "isolated incidents"

Last edited by TRICKSTER; 09-18-2018 at 12:39 PM..
Old 09-18-2018, 12:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggieBoy View Post
Either way it goes, the concern is the two swing votes. If he can't be confirmed then the next one might not get in before the midterms.
Even Susan Collins (one of those swing votes) came out asking why this wasn't brought up in July when they knew about it. I think the Dems hail Mary might backfire on them.

And along the lines of remembering traumatic events... my wife, at 16, was accosted and groped at a dance club back in the early-eighties, she remembers it clear as day, what year, where, who she was with, how she got there and who she left with because she was so upset.

She was robbed at gunpoint twice while working at a bank, she can tell you the years, the banks, the time of days, who the coworkers were in the bank, and even what the perps were wearing.

She also remembers details when she was five years old (circa 1968) when her father burned don their house for insurance money. She can recall spending the day at their cousins house only to return home late at night to see a burned out shell with boarded up windows, and spending the night at the fire station where she was given a stuffed bear.

She remembers details of traumatic events like they were yesterday. She has a high school education and some college but has slight dyslexia. She doesn't buy this woman's story at all.

Oh, how I would love it if Cavanaugh was able to show that he spent the summer in Europe or somewhere that would prove this woman is full of ****.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshill View Post
Oh, how I would love it if Cavanaugh was able to show that he spent the summer in Europe or somewhere that would prove this woman is full of ****.
And this is most likely why she supposedly can't remember when and where it happened, because something like this could happen once she started providing specifics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosdanger aka RozaShanina View Post
Weiner is in jail for doing much less than Kavanaugh or your Dear Leader Trump have done and they are walking around free.

NRA Benefactor Member

Police brutality? Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRd5oucG114 to learn more about "isolated incidents"
Old 09-18-2018, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshill View Post
Even Susan Collins (one of those swing votes) came out asking why this wasn't brought up in July when they knew about it. I think the Dems hail Mary might backfire on them.

And along the lines of remembering traumatic events... my wife, at 16, was accosted and groped at a dance club back in the early-eighties, she remembers it clear as day, what year, where, who she was with, how she got there and who she left with because she was so upset.

She was robbed at gunpoint twice while working at a bank, she can tell you the years, the banks, the time of days, who the coworkers were in the bank, and even what the perps were wearing.

She also remembers details when she was five years old (circa 1968) when her father burned don their house for insurance money. She can recall spending the day at their cousins house only to return home late at night to see a burned out shell with boarded up windows, and spending the night at the fire station where she was given a stuffed bear.

She remembers details of traumatic events like they were yesterday. She has a high school education and some college but has slight dyslexia. She doesn't buy this woman's story at all.

Yep, something like this will stand out in your memory forever. I was involved in a defensive shooting on October 18, 1984 at 10:20 PM. A whole lot of other things happened over my 35 years as a LEO. But, this stands out like a billboard.
Old 09-18-2018, 4:11 PM

A really good rant on the topic basically summing up everything that happened up until Monday:

Old 09-18-2018, 5:20 PM

Breaking on Tucker Carlson Tonight

Kavanaugh accuser won't testify until FBI finishes investigating incident. Just another stall tactic. Last I heard the FBI isn't investigating this.

Hold the vote Thursday as planned and screw the Dems and their BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2018, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababoris View Post
Hold the vote Thursday as planned and screw the Dems and their BS
Lindsay Graham said on the program immediately preceding Tucker's that if she doesn't testify on Monday, they were going to vote on Wednesday.
Old 09-18-2018, 6:00 PM
Formerly carlosdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRICKSTER View Post
So you are fine with someone making a last minute 30+ year old accusation, with zero evidence, while not under oath, ruining someone's life, over something that supposedly happened when both were teenagers, not remembering exactly when it happened or where it happened, (how convenient as the accused has no way of now showing that they were somewhere else at the time) against someone who has passed 6 FBI background checks, has no record of anything like this being reported and testified under oath that this type of thing has not happened. Not to mention the only other person supposedly in the room, according to the accusation, states that nothing like that happened. It will be interesting to see if she is willing to testify under oath.

As far as the Grassley letter, Kavanaugh's friends and coworkers, people that actually know him came together to defend him and say that they never saw him act that way. I'm sorry that you apparently do not have the honesty to accurately represent what the letter was about or apparently, friends that would do that for you.
Woah, you have really outdone yourself with this one. You say there is "zero evidence". Did you forget that eyewitness testimony is "evidence". I thought you were in law enforcement? Didn't they teach you that your first day at the academy? You are beginning to sound more like a Russian troll. The witness is a college professor, a solid citizen, and an academically recognized author.

Here's the thing about eyewitness testimony; you don't have to remember every single detail for your testimony to be valid. You don't have to remember what color socks the assailant was wearing, or whether the robber was wearing cowboy boots.

As for your reliance on the other person in the room, are you telling me that a person who has written extensively about his blackout drinking in high school and who the victim testified had been drinking heavily is anything close to reliable when saying that something "DIDN'T HAPPEN"?

About the lateness of the accusation in the confirmation process that was because Dianne "Let's work with Trump" Feinstein was not going to take any action because she is about as corrupt as they come and she was just going to let Kavanaugh slide through. Others got wind of the letter and blew the lid off.

As for your last point, you would have us believe that 65 women spontaneously sent letters to Chuck Grassley saying that Kavanaugh did not rape them? Now that there is the biggest howler I have heard in a long time.

You are always good for a laugh.

By the way, the Republicans managed to discredit Anita Hill and get Clarence Thomas confirmed. If they try that again there may be a serious backlash in the midterms.
“It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.”

― Joseph Heller, Catch 22

Last edited by RozaShanina; 09-18-2018 at 6:03 PM..
Closed Thread