Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 08-29-2019, 11:40 PM
Veteran Member

Default Veteran needing help with SF15

Hey guys, I am a veteran looking for a job. Interested in obtaining an SF15 form, but not sure what I need to get that done. I am trying to apply for a job where it is preferential, but am not sure if I just need to print the form and fill it out, scan and upload it, or if it needs to be verified by some authority? I do have a 20% service connected disability rating from the VA. Thanks.
Old 08-31-2019, 7:11 AM

https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf

Fill out the SF15 and save it
Scan a copy of your DD214
Scan a copy of your VA letter or download it from VA eBenefits (this letter is the "certification" of your status)

Upload all to your USAJOBS profile. When you apply for jobs, ensure you attach all 3 docs for vet pref/VEOA/VRA.
Old 09-01-2019, 5:47 AM
Veteran Member

Thank you crashbubba, that helps a lot

is the certification letter the AB4 or AB8?

I am actually going to the local VSO on Tuesday, so this should help me well on my way.
Old 09-01-2019, 7:47 AM

Took me while to figure out what AB4 and AB8 are, haven't heard those terms before.

I believe it's AB4. The link is "Disabled Veteran Civil Service Preference" on the eBenefits letter generator.

You could also use AB8 (the letter that states dollar amounts and effective dates), which is what I used back in the 90's when all we had were the paper letters and long before eBenefits.

I prefer using the AB4 eBenefits letter now as it has less personal information on it and satisfies all the OPM requirements, and never had a problem with it. Not sure if you'd need more info if applying for a state or local job.
Old 09-01-2019, 7:53 AM
Veteran Member

Haha, well I printed all of them, and saved all of them to the desktop of my computer.

Still going to go into the office on Tuesday because I think she can verify the actual SF form. Just want to see what they can do on their end to make it easier for someone looking at my resume on usajobs.gov to get me through quicker.

Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CA DOJ BOF stance on modifying handguns only applies to dimensionally compliant bolt-action single-shot pistols and dimensionally compliant break-open single-shot pistols.
^It does not apply to revolvers, manually operated repeating pistols, and semi-auto pistols." ~~ Quiet
Old 11-04-2019, 10:15 AM

Default MCCS

Good place to look is MCCS.com/careers
Old 11-04-2019, 10:16 AM
Veteran Member

That doesn't show to be a website.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CA DOJ BOF stance on modifying handguns only applies to dimensionally compliant bolt-action single-shot pistols and dimensionally compliant break-open single-shot pistols.
^It does not apply to revolvers, manually operated repeating pistols, and semi-auto pistols." ~~ Quiet