Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns > Handguns Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Handguns Gallery Post your pictures of your favorite sidearm here.

Old 02-18-2022, 4:49 PM

Default Nighthawk Firehawk & matching mammoth ivory knife

My new Nighthawk is officially in transit to my FFL and scheduled to arrive on Monday. The store I purchased it from has better pics than I take so I figure I'd use em. Now I'm on the hunt for some nice grips to replace the mammoth ivory when shooting it.

Edit 4/2 - Full Disclaimer: I no longer call California my home. This Firearm, grip panels, and knife, have never crossed enemy lines. Thank you for the information and concern below.

Last edited by cs762; 04-02-2022 at 4:33 AM..
Old 02-23-2022, 5:57 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Absolutely gorgeous. Mammoth ivory or tooth?

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

We have Atlas gun works single shot 2011 available! If it is on their website we can get it for you.

We have single shot AR pistols in stock!

website
Old 02-23-2022, 6:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

45 or 9? Awesome choice btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2022, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waygeekierthanu View Post
Absolutely gorgeous. Mammoth ivory or tooth?
Thank you, Brett. The dealers listing didn't specify and neither does the build sheet but it's my understanding it's crosscut ivory. I've been told it's best to pull them when firing so I'm looking for a handsome set of buckeye burl checkered grips for such occasion.

Funny thing is the Firehawk brought me to see you last year. You told me the conversion time and talked me into an Erebus instead... Still one of my favorite purchases to date...😁

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911RONIN View Post
45 or 9? Awesome choice btw.
Had to be .45acp... I'm getting 9mm fatigue, and thank you, sir...
Old 02-23-2022, 7:38 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs762 View Post
Thank you, Brett. The dealers listing didn't specify and neither does the build sheet but it's my understanding it's crosscut ivory. I've been told it's best to pull them when firing so I'm looking for a handsome set of buckeye burl checkered grips for such occasion.

Funny thing is the Firehawk brought me to see you last year. You told me the conversion time and talked me into an Erebus instead... Still one of my favorite purchases to date...

I love it, we are doing lots of Nighthawks now but haven't secured a tusk order yet. Absolutely gorgeous. Next time you come to the shop, bring it! Need to see it in person to really appreciate it

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

We have Atlas gun works single shot 2011 available! If it is on their website we can get it for you.

We have single shot AR pistols in stock!

website
Old 02-23-2022, 9:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs762 View Post

Funny thing is the Firehawk brought me to see you last year. You told me the conversion time and talked me into an Erebus instead... Still one of my favorite purchases to date...

Your homework assignment: Range report with pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2022, 12:13 AM

very nice choice, congrats
Old 04-01-2022, 5:33 AM
retired Goon

FYI, starting 01-01-2017...
It is illegal to import, sell, advertise for sale, possess for sale, and buy mammoth or mastodon ivory products in CA. [FGC 2022(b)]

Fish and Game Code 2022
(a) For the purposes of this section, the following terms have the following meanings:
(1) “Bona fide educational or scientific institution” means an institution that establishes through documentation either of the following:
(A) Educational or scientific tax exemption, from the federal Internal Revenue Service or the institution’s national, state, or local tax authority.
(B) Accreditation as an educational or scientific institution, from a qualified national, regional, state, or local authority for the institution’s location.
(2) “Ivory” means a tooth or tusk from a species of elephant, hippopotamus, mammoth, mastodon, walrus, warthog, whale, or narwhal, or a piece thereof, whether raw ivory or worked ivory, and includes a product containing, or advertised as containing, ivory.
(3) “Rhinoceros horn” means the horn, or a piece thereof, or a derivative such as powder, of a species of rhinoceros, and includes a product containing, or advertised as containing, a rhinoceros horn.
(4) “Sale” or “sell” means selling, trading, bartering for monetary or nonmonetary consideration, giving away in conjunction with a commercial transaction, or giving away at a location where a commercial transaction occurred at least once during the same or the previous calendar year.
(5) “Total value” means either the fair market value or the actual price paid for ivory or rhinoceros horn, whichever is greater.
(b) Except as provided in subdivision (c), it is unlawful to purchase, sell, offer for sale, possess with intent to sell, or import with intent to sell ivory or rhinoceros horn.
(c) The prohibitions set forth in subdivision (b) do not apply to any of the following:
(1) An employee or agent of the federal or state government undertaking a law enforcement activity pursuant to federal or state law, or a mandatory duty required by federal law.
(2) An activity that is authorized by an exemption or permit under federal law or that is otherwise expressly authorized under federal law.
(3) Ivory or rhinoceros horn that is part of a musical instrument, including, but not limited to, a string or wind instrument or piano, and that is less than 20 percent by volume of the instrument, if the owner or seller provides historical documentation demonstrating provenance and showing the item was manufactured no later than 1975.
(4) Ivory or rhinoceros horn that is part of a bona fide antique and that is less than five percent by volume of the antique, if the antique status is established by the owner or seller of the antique with historical documentation demonstrating provenance and showing the antique to be not less than 100 years old.
(5) The purchase, sale, offer for sale, possession with intent to sell, or importation with intent to sell ivory or rhinoceros horn for educational or scientific purposes by a bona fide educational or scientific institution if both of the following criteria are satisfied:
(A) The purchase, sale, offer for sale, possession with intent to sell, or import with intent to sell the ivory or rhinoceros horn is not prohibited by federal law.
(B) The ivory or rhinoceros horn was legally acquired before January 1, 1991, and was not subsequently transferred from one person to another for financial gain or profit after July 1, 2016.

Penal Code 653o
(a) It is unlawful to import into this state for commercial purposes, to possess with intent to sell, or to sell within the state, the dead body, or any part or product thereof, of a polar bear, leopard, ocelot, tiger, cheetah, jaguar, sable antelope, wolf (Canis lupus), zebra, whale, cobra, python, sea turtle, colobus monkey, kangaroo, vicuna, sea otter, free-roaming feral horse, dolphin or porpoise (Delphinidae), Spanish lynx, or elephant.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 04-01-2022, 5:38 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Beautiful pistol! The grips look amazing!

Be careful what you say and post on the internet. Refer to Quiet's post above.

“The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.”

-Edmund Burke, Speech at Country Meeting of Buckinghamshire, 1784
Old 04-05-2022, 5:52 PM

Beautiful!
@challengerscatpackclub