Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 07-16-2019, 6:48 PM
I have 1 Gunz
CGN Contributor

Default SWPL - Upcoming Changes July Match

This came across my feed. Reposting this for those here that infrequently attend the monthly matches such as myself. I have not seen it posted here, apologies if this is a duplicate. I’m not an organizer and simply a participant, I’m not sharing this in an official capacity.

Quote:
Everyone knows that the sport we shoot today started with Jeff Cooper and the
Southwest Pistol League (originally called Southwest Combat Pistol League) over 60
years ago in Southern California. Everything in life changes and SWPL is going to
implement some changes to join the 21st Century.

For about 20 years, we’ve had open squadding, registration at the door (or outdoors)
and no fixed start time. Shooting sometimes starts while the crew are still setting
stages. It’s rather noisy without hearing protection AND it doesn’t give enough time to
fully set and “bullet-proof” the stages.

We have squads of over 20+ and some as few as 2 or 3 people. Some people show up
around 10:30 or 11 am. This means we have been getting backed up on stages while
some stages are empty. Some shooters complain about the wait times and it also
places a bigger burden on the tear down crew as the match runs longer.

We will be moving in the next few months to online PRE-REGISTRATION on
PRACTISCORE where you can register and there will be a FIXED NUMBER OF
SQUADS. SQUADS will START at assigned STAGES at a FIXED TIME and there will
be no SQUAD JUMPING. Accommodations can be made for a LIMITED amount of
WALK-ONS. Eventually we'll be moving to a full pre-reg only match.

Hopefully, this will allow the match to run smoothly and efficiently with everyone
enjoying awesome stages.

Registration for July match can be found here: https://practiscore.com/swpl-beat-th...match/register

Registration is open from 7/14/2019 till 7/27/2019 6PM PST.

SWPL will be providing the squad scoring tablets. Please attend the 8:15AM safety briefing to receive your squad tablets. Confirm on the squad tablets that your squad members are all there. First shot at 8:30AM unless otherwise directed during the safety briefing.

Last edited by tencreations_ar888; 07-17-2019 at 9:24 AM..
Old 07-16-2019, 7:20 PM
Banned

It's weird how it's used to be fixed squads then moved to open squadding so you could move around backed-up stages and now it's moving back to fixed squads. Lol.
Old 07-17-2019, 7:05 AM

Thanks for the heads up OP.

This is my first year competing in USPSA and at SWPL club matches. Without knowing any better, this seems like it should improve things. Seems that all the other local club matches run this way.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2019, 9:09 AM

good info thank you