Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum This is a temporary forum for discussion, debate, sharing and helping each other during and in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID19

Old 12-29-2020, 6:22 AM
Banned

Default Those who have gotten the vax, step inside

Not a thread to argue about the vaccine.

I wanna hear from people that have gotten their first or second dose.

What' it been like after? PM me if you wanna be discreet.

I have an opportunity to get vaccinated this week but I'm stuck on the fence.

My BIL has been an ER physician for over 20 years. My grandmother and my own momma are retired RN's. They all claim Pfizer is safe.
Old 12-29-2020, 6:51 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I had the Pfizer 10 days ago. My arm was sore for about a day.

I’m not looking forward to the second injection, though. They say you get more of the symptoms then as you already started making antibodies against the Wuhan. My business partner who got the real Covid19 and then took the vaccine said she had body aches the day after then felt fine. She didn’t miss work but she timed it right before a weekend.

EDIT: My reasoning for getting the vaccine was not only my high level of exposure, but I’m seeing more and more cases and some are just miserable. The vaccine’s side effects are most likely milder than the actual China Virus infection.

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.

Last edited by beanz2; 12-29-2020 at 6:54 AM..
Old 12-29-2020, 7:57 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Have not gotten it yet (not in one of the eligible groups), but I am concerned with the 5000 people who have had bad reactions to the Pfizer shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN compnerd View Post
When the middle east descends into complete chaos in 2-3 years due in part to the actions of this administration I'll necro post about how clueless I was.
Old 12-29-2020, 8:05 AM

Quote:
Have not gotten it yet (not in one of the eligible groups), but I am concerned with the 5000 people who have had bad reactions to the Pfizer shot.
Link?
Old 12-29-2020, 8:07 AM
Banned

One hundred million "first responders and essential workers" will get the vaccine before the most vulerable, and most at risk group gets a shot. That group is the elderly. The CDC recommendations were based on Social Justice priorities. Old people are predominately white, and eight to ten times more likely to die of COVID, but because of their white privilege, they are behind all the "first responders", which are, apparently, 1/3 of the population.

Woke, woke,woke.
Old 12-29-2020, 8:52 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamfire1 View Post
One hundred million "first responders and essential workers" will get the vaccine before the most vulerable, and most at risk group gets a shot. That group is the elderly. The CDC recommendations were based on Social Justice priorities. Old people are predominately white, and eight to ten times more likely to die of COVID, but because of their white privilege, they are behind all the "first responders", which are, apparently, 1/3 of the population.

Woke, woke,woke.
And, ironically, "first responders" are way too often not the first to respond.

I feel for the elderly living in care homes. They get exposed a lot of different ways, including ways such as the janitorial staff and kitchen staff that get exposed in their lives and then bring it to work unknowingly. Yet these highly vulnerable villages and vectors are in line well behind so many tax takers that have defined themselves as "essential" or "first responders".
Old 12-29-2020, 9:17 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo View Post
And, ironically, "first responders" are way too often not the first to respond.

I feel for the elderly living in care homes. They get exposed a lot of different ways, including ways such as the janitorial staff and kitchen staff that get exposed in their lives and then bring it to work unknowingly. Yet these highly vulnerable villages and vectors are in line well behind so many tax takers that have defined themselves as "essential" or "first responders".
Dont know were you are coming from with the first responder comment but yea.......

As for the vaccine, I slept really hard that night. The best analogy is my body was downloading a huge windows update.

Last edited by Jongage; 12-29-2020 at 1:16 PM.. Reason: sounded like a dick.. changed post
Old 12-29-2020, 9:56 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I got Pfizer and have no adverse reactions, just a sore arm for a day.

I've read that if you get a reaction on the first of 2, the second will be a bit more severe.
Old 12-29-2020, 10:19 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Off topic by post #5 lol.

I'm tagging this one as I have several co-morbidities (asthma, COPD, Autoimmune, Cancer) and will be looking to get the vaccine once available for us mere mortals.
It's one thing to question everything . . . It's entirely another thing to reject simple, rational explanations in favor of ever more fantastic and far reaching explanations because you've decided the government cannot be trusted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoooper View Post
Anyone who says the American dream requires a specific pay range doesn't understand the meaning of the American dream
Old 12-29-2020, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member

Wife got it yesterday. Works at hospital with cancer patients.

She has a severe shell fish allergy for anaphylaxis. Epipens everywhere.

Mild shoulder soreness like flu shot as she described it. She took two benadryl before shot and an advil after. Two advil at bed time.

Other than that Nothing.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:58 PM
Calguns Addict

DIBS!!!
Old 12-29-2020, 12:58 PM

received the pfizer shot. sore deltoid for a couple of days. no other reactions. getting booster next week.
Old 12-29-2020, 1:05 PM

Caved and finally got moderna yesterday. Just a sore arm today. Colleague had 101 temp after Pfizer but it went away after 1 day.
Old 12-29-2020, 1:09 PM

Moderna a week ago. Headache probably 3 hours after injection gone by morning. Identical headache next day almost exactly 24 hours after. Arm Was a little sore.
Old 12-29-2020, 1:10 PM
CGSSA Leader

One of my neighbors got the Pfizer first shot a week ago -- she works at City of Hope, not on the "front line" but they had excess doses at the facility, so she got moved up in the order. No side effects whatsoever.

Ask me about Appleseed! Send a PM or see me in the Appleseed subforum.
Old 12-29-2020, 1:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Not a thread to argue about the vaccine.

I wanna hear from people that have gotten their first or second dose.

What' it been like after? PM me if you wanna be discreet.

I have an opportunity to get vaccinated this week but I'm stuck on the fence.

My BIL has been an ER physician for over 20 years. My grandmother and my own momma are retired RN's. They all claim Pfizer is safe.
Some of our military units are avoiding Pfizer vaccine. They are using Moderna until Johnson and Johnson gets rolled out. We were told from the Mayo and US Army to avoid Pfizer if you can at our specific units. Which I will do. Sorry no offense but I have been in the medical field for 20+ years and go by what we mandate which is not Pfizer.
Old 12-29-2020, 3:03 PM
CGSSA Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless View Post
We were told from the Mayo and US Army to avoid Pfizer if you can at our specific units. Which I will do. Sorry no offense but I have been in the medical field for 20+ years and go by what we mandate which is not Pfizer.
I'd appreciate any support you could give for the above... neither Mayo nor Army are making public comments consistent with this claim, nor can I imagine any logical reason to prefer Moderna over Pfizer.

Ask me about Appleseed! Send a PM or see me in the Appleseed subforum.
Old 12-29-2020, 4:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless View Post
Some of our military units are avoiding Pfizer vaccine. They are using Moderna until Johnson and Johnson gets rolled out. We were told from the Mayo and US Army to avoid Pfizer if you can at our specific units. Which I will do. Sorry no offense but I have been in the medical field for 20+ years and go by what we mandate which is not Pfizer.
Any particular reason? I got moderna, but just curious.
Old 12-29-2020, 4:17 PM

Some percentage of recopients will have a reaction. Look at the data sheet since it will tell you what happened in the trials. The MSM will trumpet someone passing out amd pretend that is a common occurrence, which is a lie.

The actual issue are any long term side effects.
Old 12-29-2020, 4:21 PM

Family member and a friend got it, no adverse reactions reported from either of them.
Old 12-29-2020, 5:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrkba View Post
Some percentage of recopients will have a reaction. Look at the data sheet since it will tell you what happened in the trials. The MSM will trumpet someone passing out amd pretend that is a common occurrence, which is a lie.

The actual issue are any long term side effects.
Potential long-term issues are my biggest worry. I felt the reality of covid long-term morbidity outweighed it.
Old 12-29-2020, 6:20 PM

Default Those who have gotten the vax, step inside

I got the Pfizer 12 days ago. Sore arm for a day. No other effects.

I am not concerned of long term effects as mRNA is inherently unstable and degrades in 7 days or less if those cells haven’t been killed off.

COVID has more potential short term and long term effects so I chose the vaccine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2020, 6:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzBen View Post
I got the Pfizer 12 days ago. Sore arm for a day. No other effects.

I am not concerned of long term effects as mRNA is inherently unstable and degrades in 7 days or less if those cells haven’t been killed off.

COVID has more potential short term and long term effects so I chose the vaccine.

This is how I understand it. I've never admitted on here, but I'm a life long paid call fire fighter/ AEMT. I was very surprised with an email yesterday offering the vax to us. Not sure yet if I wanna jump on board or wait and see what's available in the coming months. I'm not an anti-vaxer, or deep state, conspiracy type of ding-a-ling. I'm cool with vaccines as long as the proper, long term trials have been implemented.
Old 12-29-2020, 7:33 PM
From anotha motha
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I wouldn't want the possible long term effects of covid such as losing the sense of taste or weakened lungs.
Old 12-29-2020, 8:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordupmybrotha View Post
I wouldn't want the possible long term effects of covid such as losing the sense of taste or weakened lungs.
Per my BIL, this is what makes me nervous the most; long haulers. People that are perfectly healthy that suffer long term affects. Yeah it might be .02 of the gen pop but I don't want to be in that .02 if I can help it.

As I mentioned before, I completely okay with vaccines, providing that all standard protocols are followed before being released for gen pop use.

It's hard to fathom 20 + million people suffering an ill fate due to a bad dose of a rushed vaccine 10 years from now, but then again, I'd have to double up the tin foil.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:45 AM

I got it almost 2 weeks ago. A little bit of swelling on the injection site and soreness for two days.
Old 12-31-2020, 2:07 AM
Calguns Addict

I got the Moderna late yesterday.

I had a bit of a tickle in my throat last evening with a few resultant coughs and still a tiny bit of the tickle this morning but it is not clear that this is vaccine-related. I don't have a sore arm or anything else unusual.

Update: As the day has gone on I've noticed very mild arm discomfort. But it is so mild that if I'm not thinking about having gotten the vaccine I really don't notice it.

Several others who got it yesterday are complaining of more arm pain. One has a headache (but is prone to headaches).

The second shot is appears to be more likely to cause significant side effects.

Last edited by OleCuss; 12-31-2020 at 9:10 AM..
Old 01-02-2021, 5:44 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Okay, where are those who got the second dose?
Old 01-03-2021, 10:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Come on second dosers, we really want to hear from you.

Quote:
When the middle east descends into complete chaos in 2-3 years due in part to the actions of this administration I'll necro post about how clueless I was.
Old 01-03-2021, 11:01 AM

People will start to get the second vaccines this week as they have to wait 3 weeks to get the second Pfizer dose. Moderna has a 4 week wait until the second shot.

I’ll be getting my second Pfizer shot on 1/7.

Old 01-03-2021, 12:04 PM

I got the Pfizer one back before Christmas. Woke up the next morning with a head ache. Took a Tylenol and was fine.

We had to go into a "holding" area for 15 minutes after to monitor for reaction.

Been working a COVID floor and seen MANY coworkers get sick. Thought I better get it.
Old 01-03-2021, 2:37 PM
Banned

Good honest responses people.

After I posted this question, I decided that I'm going to wait a while before taking the plunge. I'm not against it, it's just that i'm not 100% sure about it, and until i'm for sure for sure, I had to pull away.
Old 01-03-2021, 4:31 PM
Veteran Member

Help yourselves Bros, I no takee any vaccine period. No flu shots etc as well. I will pass one along to some one.

Psalm 1
Old 01-03-2021, 4:41 PM
Former cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamfire1 View Post

Woke, woke,woke.

I know the OP only want to hear from people who have had the vaccine but I have to ask are there even 100 million people in America with jobs? Let alone first responders and essential workers?

Can’t somebody do something?!?!?!?!
Old 01-04-2021, 8:55 PM

My SO got it this morning at the Palo Alto VA. She is right next to me and not complaining about anything. She said her arm hurt some on the drive home to the valley but otherwise has no new fingers, toes, or others growths anti vaxers are worried about.
Old 01-05-2021, 7:06 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Come on second dosers, we really want to hear from you.
There were no second doses available yesterday at our hospital when the 1st wave was due to receive it. So, no 1st hand reports yet.

If anything, I’ve spoken to 2 people who got the real COVID and later got the vaccine (first dose.). Both had muscle aches and mild headaches the day after. One took Tylenol and felt fine. The other one just slept it off.

My 2nd dose appointment is not until next week, but I’m kind of dreading it.

Old 01-05-2021, 7:12 AM
Veteran Member

Got the 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine on 12/22.

Only side effect was my penis doubled in size, but sadly, still isn't that impressive.

Getting the second dose on 1/12. Fingers crossed that it will double in size again.

Last edited by Vinnie Boombatz; 01-05-2021 at 7:16 AM..
Old 01-05-2021, 7:50 AM
Bit Pusher
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
I know the OP only want to hear from people who have had the vaccine but I have to ask are there even 100 million people in America with jobs? Let alone first responders and essential workers?
Yes. 124 million as of November.

In November, the number of persons who usually work full time rose by 752,000 to 124.3 million.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf
Old 01-05-2021, 10:43 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Ok, going in for the 2nd vaccine any minute now.

Any guns that neither my wife nor my daughter want will be willed to the GOA.
No dibs.

Old 01-05-2021, 10:53 AM
Bit Pusher
CGN Contributor

Couple shots of whiskey and you'll be fine.