Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 04-22-2021, 5:37 AM

Default Los Angeles

Good luck on the interview! let us know how it goes
Iím still waiting for my call from lasd for an interview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by jbjr01; 04-22-2021 at 5:41 AM..
Old 04-22-2021, 6:28 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo The Apache View Post
All of the above applies to me as well. I was reluctant to believe it was a legit solicitation from LASD. Anyway, I have a 10am appt today in Chatsworth to interview with a BI. If anyone’s interested to know on my experiences afterwards with the process, PM me. Wish me luck gunners, and you as well
I am similar. I previously email LASD about Torrance, told need denial letter. Applied to Torrance spent 200 plus (still waiting for denial letter). Then heard about policy change, emailed LASD they reopened my application. Had interview last week in Chatsworth, had to do another live scan. currently waiting for results
Old 04-22-2021, 9:02 AM

question to those that have ccw, section 7 question #3 about substance/alcohol use. did you disclose any cannabis use?
Old 04-22-2021, 9:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianescobal84 View Post
question to those that have ccw, section 7 question #3 about substance/alcohol use. did you disclose any cannabis use?
I suggest honesty. Yes, it may jeopardize your chances, but if they discover that you withheld information, that's going to be a straight out denial.

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

NRA Memberships at Discounted fee
Old 04-22-2021, 10:14 AM

ummm where is Paladin..
Old 04-22-2021, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown.- View Post
ummm where is Paladin..
Lots of talk but no real answers....
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1712310
Old 04-22-2021, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie View Post
I am similar. I previously email LASD about Torrance, told need denial letter. Applied to Torrance spent 200 plus (still waiting for denial letter). Then heard about policy change, emailed LASD they reopened my application. Had interview last week in Chatsworth, had to do another live scan. currently waiting for results
Wait did they tell you to do another live scan at the end of the interview or did you have to wait for a approval/denial decision from higher ups to continue with getting live scanned? I was told at the conclusion of the interview to wait for a decision (4-6 weeks via email) before I proceed.

Welcome to Kalifornia - A unconstitutional state where opinions trump over facts, "gun laws are too lax" & "you can't haves, unless it's taxed."
Old 04-22-2021, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Wait did they tell you to do another live scan at the end of the interview or did you have to wait for a approval/denial decision from higher ups to continue with getting live scanned? I was told at the conclusion of the interview to wait for a decision (4-6 weeks via email) before I proceed.
Sounds like your case might have to be further reviewed. I was told to get my live scan at the end of the interview as well. He even told me go ahead with the training since I have a CCW from Arizona so I should pass the live scan without issue.
Old 04-22-2021, 12:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Sheriff deputy required a new live scan which goes to there department. Torrance live scan will only go to Torrance PD.

I was told to start live scan and take class after interview. Guess you should follow whatever the deputy told you.

Last edited by stevie; 04-22-2021 at 2:12 PM..
Old 04-22-2021, 1:32 PM

Quote:
Yeah, after the interview they give you a live scan form and tell you to get it completed.
Old 04-22-2021, 1:46 PM

Hey Guys,

On 4/6 I was contacted to do training and submit the paperwork. Same day I did training and submitted. I haven’t heard anything, should I follow up?
Old 04-22-2021, 2:09 PM

Getting ready to finalize my GC statement I was curious if anyone can chime in on their experience in regard to writing about only one cause or multiple causes?

An example would be using occupation only or occupation and recreational reasons?

My question to those is, would it be better to focus only on the one cause? Or just elaborate on all my causes?
Old 04-22-2021, 2:46 PM
CGSSA Director
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giangofett View Post
Getting ready to finalize my GC statement I was curious if anyone can chime in on their experience in regard to writing about only one cause or multiple causes?

An example would be using occupation only or occupation and recreational reasons?

My question to those is, would it be better to focus only on the one cause? Or just elaborate on all my causes?
The first time I applied to LAPD my GC Statement listed a single occupation, multiple recreational, a couple of self defense related reasons. The denial letter I received was 3 pages long outlining each of my GC reasons and then why they were denied.

This time around, I just went with the occupation related GC, to save everyone sometime.
Old 04-22-2021, 3:16 PM

WOW ive been gone too long. Apparently hell has frozen over and pigs are flying........

on a serious note, how many approvals/active permits does LA county have as of now ?
Old 04-22-2021, 3:24 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intel0116 View Post
WOW ive been gone too long. Apparently hell has frozen over and pigs are flying........

on a serious note, how many approvals/active permits does LA county have as of now ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz397 View Post
CCW update as of today: 2277 applications, 632 issued, 325 pending issuance
For reference on 4/14 these were the stats: 2162 applications, 585 issued, 335 pending issuance

An increase of 115 new applications and 47 newly issued permits. Looks like its headed in the right direction...

Source: https://fb.watch/50lYVNXLD5/ start watching around 5 minutes

It's posted only a few posts up...
Old 04-22-2021, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntax Error View Post
It's posted only a few posts up...
thanks for the info/repost of dazz.
Old 04-22-2021, 3:51 PM

Default Process Updates

Called LAPD Gun Unit in late March, was eventually given a mid August interview date.

Then when it appeared that LASD was no longer requiring an LAPD denial letter, I mailed my application to them Friday, April 16th and it arrived to LASD, Monday April 19th.

Yesterday, April 21 I missed a call from LAPD, so called back today. A very pleasant and helpful woman officer asked it I had applied with LASD and could they cancel my interview to free it up for someone else. She said the LAPD and LASD were sharing lists and pruning things to expedite the overall process. Given LAPDís reluctance to issue, it was not clear the benefit of their freeing up interview dates if they are denying everyone.

I declined the offer to cancel the appointment but promised to call and cancel as soon as I had an LASD interview scheduled.

Finally, thank you everyone who has contributed to this very helpful and informative thread. My GC will be 1) recreational, 2) frequent shooting competitions in remote places and 3) age and orthopedic restrictions on my ability to escape, evade or defend myself. Just because I have issues, doesnít mean I donít go outdoors regularly. I ainít dead yet.
Old 04-22-2021, 6:19 PM

HI guys.

I had my LAC CCW interview and livescan last wed, and yesterday they emailed me requesting bank statements supporting my claim of cash carrying.

Iíll keep updating and more gun stuff to come.

https://youtu.be/eWeZBeYeU5o
Old 04-22-2021, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djyoung214 View Post
HI guys.

I had my LAC CCW interview and livescan last wed, and yesterday they emailed me requesting bank statements supporting my claim of cash carrying.

Oh I watch ur video not too long ago. I also did my live scan too. Did ur ca n fbi done? Only the firearm still pending huh?

Old 04-22-2021, 7:00 PM

Quote:

With Paladin gone, I'm going to try to step up and be more active here and fill at least the little toe of one of his shoes. Full disclosure--my knowledge is based on my experiences in San Diego through an initial approval, a renewal and a modification, and it certainly seems that AV is following the same path with the same rules as Gore did in SD when he similarly relaxed approval standards.

I would include any GC issue for which you have PROOF. A claim without proof is useless and will waste time when they ask you for such proof.

The more time I spend on this forum, the more sense kcbrown makes.
Old 04-22-2021, 9:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djyoung214 View Post
HI guys.

Curious do you carry cash as a business owner or just as part of job responsibtilities?
Old 04-22-2021, 10:20 PM

Did you even watch the youtube video...
he says he owns a restaurant in Inglewood...
Old 04-22-2021, 11:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I've made quite a few posts in this thread about this. I apologize, this thread isn't organized. If I had time I would write an e-book about it all but I don't have time. You'll have to read this thread.

Quote:

Yes list them ALL. Document them ALL. Show depth of thought and understanding about them ALL. Read this thread for some of my very clear examples of this.

One small word of warning: be sure that whatever you list as good cause is permissible. In other words, if you're using employment as good cause, you need to include a letter from your employer saying that you are allowed to carry on the job. See my earlier examples of how this letter should look. You don't want to say, "I need to carry at work", when your workplace doesn't allow guns. This is especially true if your workplace is something like a public university which obviously does not allow employees to carry. Be careful with this because most public and corporate workplaces have no-guns policies and everyone knows this.

Victoria "Tori" Rose Smith's life mattered.
Old 04-23-2021, 8:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWFacts View Post
I've made quite a few posts in this thread about this. I apologize, this thread isn't organized. If I had time I would write an e-book about it all but I don't have time. You'll have to read this thread.

Yes list them ALL. Document them ALL. Show depth of thought and understanding about them ALL. Read this thread for some of my very clear examples of this.

One small word of warning: be sure that whatever you list as good cause is permissible. In other words, if you're using employment as good cause, you need to include a letter from your employer saying that you are allowed to carry on the job. See my earlier examples of how this letter should look. You don't want to say, "I need to carry at work", when your workplace doesn't allow guns. This is especially true if your workplace is something like a public university which obviously does not allow employees to carry. Be careful with this because most public and corporate workplaces have no-guns policies and everyone knows this.
Thank you I really do appreciate your time. I think I'm going to take a bit more time gathering the evidence. My situation is bit weird with my "occupation" If you don't mind I send a pm and talk about it?
Old 04-23-2021, 9:38 AM
Veteran Member

Please remember everything you put on the app could be public record.
Old 04-23-2021, 10:10 AM

Default Asking for a friend

I have a friend works in the LEGAL cannabis related business selling financial services (non plant touching). He is frequently in businesses where lots of cash is around and wants to inquire about a LTC. Should he apply at all or would it be an automatic denial?
Not looking for a political discussion...
Old 04-23-2021, 10:12 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj.medina@verizon.net View Post
I have a friend works in the LEGAL cannabis related business selling financial services (non plant touching). He is frequently in businesses where lots of cash is around and wants to inquire about a LTC. Should he apply at all or would it be an automatic denial?
I don't think any of us can make a definitive statement on that.
Old 04-23-2021, 10:58 AM

I just got back from my CCW interview at Chatsworth Court. I was in and out in about 10 or 15 minutes. The Dep just confirmed info from the application I turned in, I submitted my CDL, vehicle registration (instead of a utility bill), and birth certificate.

Other than that, we were just BS'ing about work.

Quick and easy.

I almost forgot. For me, I had to bring in proof of employment from the job I retired from. The Dep used my past employment as my good cause.

Last edited by Esexx; 04-23-2021 at 11:03 AM..
Old 04-23-2021, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esexx View Post
I just got back from my CCW interview at Chatsworth Court. I was in and out in about 10 or 15 minutes. The Dep just confirmed info from the application I turned in, I submitted my CDL, vehicle registration (instead of a utility bill), and birth certificate.

Other than that, we were just BS'ing about work.

Quick and easy.

I almost forgot. For me, I had to bring in proof of employment from the job I retired from. The Dep used my past employment as my good cause.

See..... they donít even ask me much. Donít even ask me why Iím apply for ccw. They put down all ur information and ask to wait for live scan

Old 04-23-2021, 11:18 AM

Quote:

Wow, that's interesting! That suggests they are looking for reasons to say "yes" rather than reasons to say "no" and in a environment where the standards are so vague, that makes all the difference in the world!

Old 04-23-2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaliber View Post
Wow, that's interesting! That suggests they are looking for reasons to say "yes" rather than reasons to say "no" and in a environment where the standards are so vague, that makes all the difference in the world!
Thats what I thought. Totally different than years ago where they just need to find that tiny reason to deny you.
Old 04-23-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Thats what I thought. Totally different than years ago where they just need to find that tiny reason to deny you.
I would say is was far worse than that. They did not need any reason at all to say "no", and it was decreed in advance that no reason you provided would be deemed good enough to say "yes".

Old 04-23-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown.- View Post
Did you even watch the youtube video...
he says he owns a restaurant in Inglewood...
Did you even know he had a previous video that was posted here a few pages back looks exactly the same but it was in Korean? But thanks I will watch this english version.
Old 04-23-2021, 1:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Thank you I really do appreciate your time. I think I'm going to take a bit more time gathering the evidence. My situation is bit weird with my "occupation" If you don't mind I send a pm and talk about it?
Yes sure, send me a PM and I'll help as much as I can. Definitely take the hours to read this thread. I compared two hypothetical GC statements: "I go hiking somtimes" vs a far more detailed review of that. That's how you want to think.

Quote:
I don't think he should because there is no such thing as a legal cannabis business. It's against federal law. Handling cash for an illegal business is also illegal. This is why banks don't deal with it. This is why CVS doesn't sell MJ. It's illegal, end of story.

I realize that it's not illegal under state law, but that's just like being in some state where there's no state law against MGs and saying, "Ok, I'll just make my AR15 full auto, it's legal!" It may be legal under state law but that doesn't change anything in federal law.

I realize also that the feds are currently taking a hands-off approach to this issue. That doesn't make it legal.

Victoria "Tori" Rose Smith's life mattered.
Old 04-23-2021, 1:16 PM

Question for people who mailed in and knew the date it was received. Did you send it via certified mail or with a tracking number? I just sent mine by regular mail and am sort of kicking myself as I have no idea if it was technically received or not.
Old 04-23-2021, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethreegs View Post
Question for people who mailed in and knew the date it was received. Did you send it via certified mail or with a tracking number? I just sent mine by regular mail and am sort of kicking myself as I have no idea if it was technically received or not.
Certified with tracking. Same with all my friends who mailed their apps in.
Old 04-23-2021, 8:28 PM

Default timing

Anyone who knows that their check was deposited after 4/8/2021 already receive a call? Just trying to get an idea of where they might be in the queue of applications.
Old 04-23-2021, 8:36 PM

Quote:

Yes, thatís exactly how I got mine.

Old 04-23-2021, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCWFacts View Post
Yes sure, send me a PM and I'll help as much as I can. Definitely take the hours to read this thread. I compared two hypothetical GC statements: "I go hiking somtimes" vs a far more detailed review of that. That's how you want to think.

I don't think he should because there is no such thing as a legal cannabis business. It's against federal law. Handling cash for an illegal business is also illegal. This is why banks don't deal with it. This is why CVS doesn't sell MJ. It's illegal, end of story.

I realize that it's not illegal under state law, but that's just like being in some state where there's no state law against MGs and saying, "Ok, I'll just make my AR15 full auto, it's legal!" It may be legal under state law but that doesn't change anything in federal law.

I realize also that the feds are currently taking a hands-off approach to this issue. That doesn't make it legal.

Yes, CA recognizes cannabis as a legal business as long as they are licensed. No different than any other legal industry in CA. I received mine because I work with cannabis business, but not for one.

Old 04-23-2021, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyjaymoo View Post
Anyone who knows that their check was deposited after 4/8/2021 already receive a call? Just trying to get an idea of where they might be in the queue of applications.
My check was deposited on 4/15, but I haven't received a call yet.