Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > Temp Post-Duncan Mag Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 04-14-2019, 8:51 PM
Swagman00's Avatar
Swagman00 Swagman00 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: East bay Nor-Cal (Not Oakland!)
Posts: 4,013
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Holy COW you wouldn't believe what I ordered! Portable Restroom Operator Magazine, Wind Tunnel International, Poultry World, Stained Glass Quarterly, Lighthouse Digest, and the most important: The Sober World.

Want a subscription? The guy at the door was really friendly and passed a number if I want more...
__________________
Anyway...here's a dearth of reasoning to ponder: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Guns

Recently I've been hung up on Synthwave that scatters Youtube.
Feel free to join if curious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUDEKMsxN0g



Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
and you guys wonder why women are fed up with bad behavior?!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-14-2019, 8:54 PM
curtisfong's Avatar
curtisfong curtisfong is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,062
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagman00 View Post
Holy COW you wouldn't believe what I ordered! Portable Restroom Operator Magazine, Wind Tunnel International, Poultry World, Stained Glass Quarterly, Lighthouse Digest, and the most important: The Sober World.

Want a subscription? The guy at the door was really friendly and passed a number if I want more...
__________________
The Rifle on the Wall

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-14-2019, 9:12 PM
anonymouscuban's Avatar
anonymouscuban anonymouscuban is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 837
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

I may have bought 1 or 2... or 26. I don't recall exactly how many.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-15-2019, 3:14 AM
faterikcartman's Avatar
faterikcartman faterikcartman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Diego area.
Posts: 1,245
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Like most people here, I’m sure, I thought Low Capacity Magazines — or LCMs — were already banned. And we had a week to stock up on legal 10 rounders. Only too late did I learn LCM meant 10+. And SCM doesn’t mean standard capacity, it means small capacity. I guess it pays to to read the fine print. I doubt I’m alone here, but still I feel like an idiot buying all those 10 rounders.

However, I heard about the buddy of a guy who’s cousin’s best friend works at a grocery store two towns over who’s boss’s son’s girlfriend’s brother bought three 30 round PMags on April 4. Lucky skunk. But as far as I know he doesn’t post on calguns.
__________________
I am not your lawyer. I am not giving you or anyone else who reads my posts legal advice. I am making off-the-cuff comments that may or may not be accurate and are personal, not professional, opinion. If you think you need a lawyer please retain a qualified attorney in your jurisdiction. Your local bar association may be able to help if you need a referral.

Two Weeks!: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/a...p/t-59936.html
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-15-2019, 7:02 AM
SanDiego619's Avatar
SanDiego619 SanDiego619 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 815
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCVlongstroke View Post
This for censuses?
New census questions:

Are you a citizen?
Are you a dang illegal?
How many high capitulation magazines did you buy?
__________________
Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-15-2019, 7:53 AM
SanDiego619's Avatar
SanDiego619 SanDiego619 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 815
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14 Junkie View Post
None. And that's the honest truth. Didn't see much upside to it Vs the downside.

IE; if the 9th overturns Benitez's ruling and Prop 63 becomes enforceable again.

Then I'm stuck with mags that are illegal to possess.

No thanks, I'll wait if and until the sh*tty thing is flushed down the toilet for good.
Couldn't you block or disassemble them?
__________________
Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-15-2019, 1:50 PM
mshill's Avatar
mshill mshill is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,210
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego619 View Post
Couldn't you block or disassemble them?
You bet. I still have a drawer full of blocks that were liberated during Freedom Week. We lose, they all go back in and the ones that I don't have blocks for go to my son in Utah.
__________________
Quote:
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-15-2019, 2:42 PM
The War Wagon's Avatar
The War Wagon The War Wagon is online now
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: da' 'BURGH
Posts: 5,776
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagman00 View Post
How Many Here Bought High Cap Mags?

Only since the mid'80s!


But then, I've always lived in the United States, too.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-15-2019, 2:49 PM
crufflers's Avatar
crufflers crufflers is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,382
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
10+ is a waste. I prefer the blocks.
I hear you. I unscrewed the bottom of a PPQ mag and saw a wood block in there and got scared. I put it back. I'm not some Tactical Milspec Operator who wears Kryptek pants. Ten is more than enough, heck I load five.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-15-2019, 3:34 PM
chris's Avatar
chris chris is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Texas for now
Posts: 18,788
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
Everyone can claim they assembled or purchased magazines.

It instantly makes everything you own legal.
It sure did and that put their panties in a twist and go so far up their a**es they haven't sh*t right since then.
__________________
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 04-15-2019, 3:44 PM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7,136
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I only bought two drum magazines*: One for my Colt Python and another for my Smith M-29. I'm googling for adapters, now, but everyone seems sold out.

I'll check CTD, next.

*I tried to buy drum sticks, but the turkeys wouldn't sell them.
__________________
"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool."
"The things that come to those who wait may well be the things left by those who got there first."

Last edited by Dvrjon; 04-15-2019 at 3:46 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-15-2019, 3:53 PM
M14 Junkie's Avatar
M14 Junkie M14 Junkie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 472
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
I only bought two drum magazines*: One for my Colt Python and another for my Smith M-29. I'm googling for adapters, now, but everyone seems sold out.

I'll check CTD, next.

*I tried to buy drum sticks, but the turkeys wouldn't sell them.
Try Newsome's gun supply in Excremento.. It's a brand new business, but I'm sure they've got what you're looking for. Chicken wings, gizzard mags, or drum sticks.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-15-2019, 3:55 PM
elSquid's Avatar
elSquid elSquid is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Left coast.
Posts: 10,339
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

No habla ingles.

-- Michael
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-16-2019, 5:46 PM
Wordupmybrotha's Avatar
Wordupmybrotha Wordupmybrotha is offline
From anotha motha
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 4,270
iTrader: 57 / 100%
Default

Hahaha. Follow-up article?
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-16-2019, 6:32 PM
JamesH's Avatar
JamesH JamesH is offline
Fully Semi-Banned
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 458
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
I hear you. I unscrewed the bottom of a PPQ mag and saw a wood block in there and got scared. I put it back. I'm not some Tactical Milspec Operator who wears Kryptek pants. Ten is more than enough, heck I load five.
You only need 1.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-17-2019, 5:40 AM
foothillman's Avatar
foothillman foothillman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: El Dorado County
Posts: 249
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14 Junkie View Post
The other part of it is that I have a second home in another state where I spend half of my life.

I keep most of my things there, can buy what I want there, and it stays there.

I don't mind being limited to 10 rounds mags when I'm in Ca. I mean that, I do not feel under armed when I'm in Ca..
I do feel "under armed" in California.
The problem is Californians have been told 10 is enough for so long that it is the NORM.
It is NOT the norm, do you only have 10s in your out of state house?
Be honest with yourself.

Some Californians have to deal with bad people who do not follow the law.
The area I reside has always had a problem with "illegal grows" and starting to see "mobile labs and honey oil."
How would you feel if you found a tent of illegals in your back yard?
Some of you think it is fine. Good, keep your 10s, but stop telling others it is enough.
I will keep my legal mags and still feel unsafe.
The lawless will not run me from the place I call home.
Hope your move was a life style choice and not pushed out.

I am for 2packs of beer. Think California needs to pass a law.
Why do you need more than 2 beers?
You will need to get a beer license, pass back ground check and limited to one purchase a week.
Just because I think 2 is enough, should YOU be limited?

PLEASE help others in California and stop saying 10 is enough.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by foothillman; 04-17-2019 at 5:50 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-17-2019, 6:22 AM
Kokopelli's Avatar
Kokopelli Kokopelli is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: "the drop edge of yonder"
Posts: 2,534
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

I bought a 9mm, some clips and a box of shells.

__________________
“If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan
"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best." - Voltaire
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-17-2019, 7:48 AM
nu2gunstuff nu2gunstuff is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 215
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothillman View Post
I do feel "under armed" in California.
The problem is Californians have been told 10 is enough for so long that it is the NORM.
It is NOT the norm, do you only have 10s in your out of state house?
Be honest with yourself.

Some Californians have to deal with bad people who do not follow the law.
The area I reside has always had a problem with "illegal grows" and starting to see "mobile labs and honey oil."
How would you feel if you found a tent of illegals in your back yard?
Some of you think it is fine. Good, keep your 10s, but stop telling others it is enough.
I will keep my legal mags and still feel unsafe.
The lawless will not run me from the place I call home.
Hope your move was a life style choice and not pushed out.

I am for 2packs of beer. Think California needs to pass a law.
Why do you need more than 2 beers?
You will need to get a beer license, pass back ground check and limited to one purchase a week.
Just because I think 2 is enough, should YOU be limited?

PLEASE help others in California and stop saying 10 is enough.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Nothing more, nothing less.
Nice post, especially the beer analogy!
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-17-2019, 8:06 AM
r739's Avatar
r739 r739 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Merced county**
Posts: 358
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

I wished
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-17-2019, 8:20 AM
crufflers's Avatar
crufflers crufflers is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,382
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothillman View Post
I do feel PLEASE help others in California and stop saying 10 is enough.
I think most people know what common use could do for us. We already have the Constitution.

A lot of people only say 10 is enough sarcastically in threads where some OP is asking for counts, details, stats, etc... 10 is a number someone pulled out their rear.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 04-17-2019, 11:36 AM
HighCapAssaultOpinionator's Avatar
HighCapAssaultOpinionator HighCapAssaultOpinionator is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 75
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

...

Last edited by HighCapAssaultOpinionator; 04-19-2019 at 3:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04-17-2019, 3:09 PM
shaocaholica shaocaholica is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 865
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCapAssaultOpinionator View Post
My understanding is that only those mags purchased or converted during that time are legal. If they could have been, but weren't until after that time, then they are still illegal.
You are correct but the most realistic way to be guilty of that is to self incriminate.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-17-2019, 3:17 PM
crufflers's Avatar
crufflers crufflers is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,382
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

A lawyer would tell you not to talk to cops about your legal mags.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04-17-2019, 4:57 PM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7,136
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCapAssaultOpinionator View Post
Also, there are time stamps on or other means to date) most mags. There are also various other techniques to date mags and purchases. Be careful.
The date of production is now irrelevant. There was a 7-day period in which CA residents could buy mags...any mags. Given the volumn, those were all produced prior to Mar 29, 2019.
Sales, purchase, receipt are all murky due to some level of ambiguity in the order.

It is up to the state to prove guilt.

Worry less.
__________________
"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool."
"The things that come to those who wait may well be the things left by those who got there first."
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-17-2019, 5:18 PM
jcwatchdog jcwatchdog is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,399
iTrader: 92 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
The date of production is now irrelevant. There was a 7-day period in which CA residents could buy mags...any mags. Given the volumn, those were all produced prior to Mar 29, 2019.
Sales, purchase, receipt are all murky due to some level of ambiguity in the order.

It is up to the state to prove guilt.

Worry less.
Even some with dates after freedom week may be exempt. What if you have a backordered magazine that doesn’t ship for 2 months, and the mag date is in May 2019? You still technically bought in time.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04-17-2019, 5:20 PM
Dutch3's Avatar
Dutch3 Dutch3 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Butte County
Posts: 13,693
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Doorstops. I bought a metric crap ton of doorstops.
__________________
Just taking up space in (what is no longer) the second-worst small town in California.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04-17-2019, 5:21 PM
theLBC's Avatar
theLBC theLBC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: the lbc
Posts: 1,250
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

meh, lost em in another boating accident
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 04-17-2019, 11:20 PM
Chewy65 Chewy65 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,767
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwatchdog View Post
Even some with dates after freedom week may be exempt. What if you have a backordered magazine that doesn’t ship for 2 months, and the mag date is in May 2019? You still technically bought in time.
What will bank, credit card, shipping and delivery records say, not to mention records from the selling company? Did you post anything on the internet admitting to when you ordered and received magazines? DOJ isn't likely to come after folk, but if they are looking to make an example of some poor sucker . . .
__________________
This is neither legal advice nor a legal opinion.
Being on “inactive status” with the State Bar of California I cannot practice law. Were I "active", you would not be entitled to rely on my posts because you are not my client.
Were I practicing, an attorney client relationship could only be created in a writing by both the client and myself. Not by a post, private message, or email.
I never practiced criminal nor firearms law.Do not rely on my post, but consult your own attorney.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 04-18-2019, 12:02 AM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,489
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14 Junkie View Post
None. And that's the honest truth. Didn't see much upside to it Vs the downside.

IE; if the 9th overturns Benitez's ruling and Prop 63 becomes enforceable again.

Then I'm stuck with mags that are illegal to possess.

No thanks, I'll wait if and until the sh*tty thing is flushed down the toilet for good.
Well, thanks for staying on the sidelines. Better to be safe than make a strong statement for 2A and help support a pro-2A judge and some arguments about common use for our friends in NRA-ILA to use when they get to the SCOTUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14 Junkie View Post

I don't mind being limited to 10 rounds mags when I'm in Ca. I mean that, I do not feel under armed when I'm in Ca..
Maybe you should read Judge Benitez's excellent ruling outlining the issues associated with self defense and limiting magazine capacity.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 04-18-2019, 10:11 AM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7,136
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy65 View Post
What will bank, credit card, shipping and delivery records say, not to mention records from the selling company? Did you post anything on the internet admitting to when you ordered and received magazines? DOJ isn't likely to come after folk, but if they are looking to make an example of some poor sucker . . .
If I’d bought anything, I would have used Bitcoin and funneled the transactions across the Dark Web through international ghost sites using TOR, so the financials are clean.

Delivery would have been through a triple-blind drop sanitized by the Sinaloa Cartel (Excellent distribution process, BTW. Porch pirates don’t disturb their packages ) Merchandise would have arrived in Publisher’s Clearing House packaging...nice touch.

Any blowback would go to the current address of one of my least-favorite previous bosses.

That is, if I’d bought anything.
__________________
"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool."
"The things that come to those who wait may well be the things left by those who got there first."

Last edited by Dvrjon; 04-18-2019 at 10:13 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 04-18-2019, 10:15 AM
shaocaholica shaocaholica is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 865
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
If I’d bought anything, I would have used Bitcoin and funneled the transactions across the Dark Web through international ghost sites using TOR, so the financials are clean.

Delivery would have been through a triple-blind drop sanitized by the Sinaloa Cartel (Excellent distribution process, BTW.
That's really complicated Mr. Occam.

I bought it from a guy in a Home Depot parking lot for cash.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 04-18-2019, 10:22 AM
Kokopelli's Avatar
Kokopelli Kokopelli is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: "the drop edge of yonder"
Posts: 2,534
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy65 View Post
What will bank, credit card, shipping and delivery records say, not to mention records from the selling company? Did you post anything on the internet admitting to when you ordered and received magazines? DOJ isn't likely to come after folk, but if they are looking to make an example of some poor sucker . . .
I subsequently lost mine in a TBA.


__________________
“If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan
"God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best." - Voltaire
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 04-18-2019, 10:31 AM
RockBottomInc's Avatar
RockBottomInc RockBottomInc is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Somewhere by the river....
Posts: 50
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Those CA DOJ Turds and Cock-Eyed Becerra can come to my door and nothing can be done at this point. The moment they break the federal court order by labeling any lawfully acquired items as "nuisances", they are subject to a criminal Contempt Of Court Charge before Judge Benitez. The CRPA has a hotline that anyone should call the moment any of those CA DOJ trash thugs tries to do the whole intimidation crap. Admit nothing, show them the federal order issued by Judge Benitez, and tell them to "funk off". The lawyers are Michel, who are representing the plaintiffs in the Duncan v. Becerra case. Their number is (562) 216- 4444. https://crpa.org/news/blogs/crpa-ale...-ordered-stay/
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 04-18-2019, 10:42 AM
rp55's Avatar
rp55 rp55 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,807
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

I purchased no hi-cap mag kits.
I have no hi-cap mags.
I have no weapons that will accept a mag containing over 10 rounds.
I did not post this.
I do not have a CalGuns account.
I have never heard of CalGuns.

(Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter accusations).
__________________
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j302/rpwhite55/guns/member13443.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 04-18-2019, 11:08 AM
A-J's Avatar
A-J A-J is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,246
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

I did not purchase any high capacity mags. I never saw the appeal of those 30 rounders for handguns, or the 200 round drums for ARs.
__________________
It was not a threat. It was an exaggerated response to an uncompromising stance. I was taught never to make a threat unless you are prepared to carry it out and I am not a fan of carrying anything. Even watching other people carrying things makes me uncomfortable. Mainly because of the possibility they may ask me to help.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 04-18-2019, 11:44 AM
Chewy65 Chewy65 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,767
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockBottomInc View Post
Those CA DOJ Turds and Cock-Eyed Becerra can come to my door and nothing can be done at this point. The moment they break the federal court order by labeling any lawfully acquired items as "nuisances", they are subject to a criminal Contempt Of Court Charge before Judge Benitez. The CRPA has a hotline that anyone should call the moment any of those CA DOJ trash thugs tries to do the whole intimidation crap. Admit nothing, show them the federal order issued by Judge Benitez, and tell them to "funk off". The lawyers are Michel, who are representing the plaintiffs in the Duncan v. Becerra case. Their number is (562) 216- 4444. https://crpa.org/news/blogs/crpa-ale...-ordered-stay/
Just which order is that? While Michel believes seizure as a nuisance is unconstitutional and Judge Benitez indicates that it may be so in dicta, dicta is not an order. Do you really think the judge is going to hold anyone in criminal contempt or even charge them when there is no order? Are you advising persons to tell officers to "funk off" if they come armed with a search warrant? By all means call the hot line and let Michel and Associates do their job. If they don't have a warrant things are totally different.
__________________
This is neither legal advice nor a legal opinion.
Being on “inactive status” with the State Bar of California I cannot practice law. Were I "active", you would not be entitled to rely on my posts because you are not my client.
Were I practicing, an attorney client relationship could only be created in a writing by both the client and myself. Not by a post, private message, or email.
I never practiced criminal nor firearms law.Do not rely on my post, but consult your own attorney.

Last edited by Chewy65; 04-18-2019 at 11:52 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 04-18-2019, 11:48 AM
Philosophical's Avatar
Philosophical Philosophical is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: So Cal
Posts: 149
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

I'm not really good at reading. Unless they have pictures. Plus I don't buy them anyways. I just look at the pictures when I'm at the dentists office. Magazines are a waste of paper.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 04-18-2019, 11:51 AM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7,136
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaocaholica View Post
That's really complicated Mr. Occam.

I bought it from a guy in a Home Depot parking lot for cash.
Congratulations. Your “razor-sharp” solution has created a photographic record from the store’s cameras showing your transaction with a DOJ informant.
__________________
"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool."
"The things that come to those who wait may well be the things left by those who got there first."
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 04-18-2019, 2:10 PM
Discogodfather's Avatar
Discogodfather Discogodfather is offline
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,489
iTrader: 3 / 80%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Congratulations. Your “razor-sharp” solution has created a photographic record from the store’s cameras showing your transaction with a DOJ informant.
He was wearing a fake mustache and glasses, duh!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggie View Post
Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 04-18-2019, 2:12 PM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7,136
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
He was wearing a fake mustache and glasses, duh!
That's the standard DOJ disguise...Kamala introduced it...
__________________
"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool."
"The things that come to those who wait may well be the things left by those who got there first."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:29 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.