Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > Temp Post-Duncan Mag Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #241  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:08 PM
CAL.BAR CAL.BAR is offline
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South OC
Posts: 4,954
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdo View Post
Just order some 33rd and 15rd Gen 5 Glock 19 mags from PSA to celebrate. Woohoo!!
How do you know they will actually FILL the order. I tried to order some AR mags and the site won't even allow for it with a CA shipping address
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:09 PM
phdo's Avatar
phdo phdo is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,873
iTrader: 42 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL.BAR View Post
How do you know they will actually FILL the order. I tried to order some AR mags and the site won't even allow for it with a CA shipping address


I don’t know. I guess we’ll find out on Monday. I’ll keep you posted.
__________________
WTB:
2.5” Colt Python
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 19
2.5" Smith & Wesson Model 66
4" Smith & Wesson Model 19
3.5" Smith & Wesson Model 29
Colt Series 70 1911
Sig Sauer West German P228
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:10 PM
Ocguy31's Avatar
Ocguy31 Ocguy31 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Orange County
Posts: 364
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84CABO View Post
The judge literally says this in his decision and he literally titled the section "Irony!" This is freaking beautiful!!

I am not too proud to admit that I welled up once or twice reading this ruling. The part you quoted was once of the touch-and-go moments for me:



Perhaps the irony of § 32310 escapes notice. The reason for the adoption of the Second Amendment was to protect the citizens of the new nation from the power of an oppressive state. The anti-federalists were worried about the risk of oppression by a standing army. The colonies had witnessed the standing army of England marching through Lexington to Concord, Massachusetts, on a mission to seize the arms and gunpowder of the militia and the Minutemen—an attack that ignited the Revolutionary war. With Colonists still hurting from the wounds of war, the Second Amendment guaranteed the rights of new American citizens to protect themselves from oppressors foreign and domestic. So, now it is ironic that the State whittles away at the right of its citizens to defend themselves from the possible oppression of their State.
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:10 PM
M60A1Rise's Avatar
M60A1Rise M60A1Rise is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 343
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnEnvy View Post
Prepper's site is awfully slow right now. Wonder why.
Haha feels like the old days of dial up.
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:11 PM
jmaglipay jmaglipay is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,238
iTrader: 40 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAL.BAR View Post
How do you know they will actually FILL the order. I tried to order some AR mags and the site won't even allow for it with a CA shipping address
magpul pmags are no go. try hex mags
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:13 PM
jasonjm jasonjm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 40
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

i got orders through for ar 15 mags and cz sp01 mags and glock 22 mags from

buds gunshops
palmetto state armory
jesticearms
prepper gunshop

$1000 done.... lets see what happens on monday lol
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:18 PM
Ocguy31's Avatar
Ocguy31 Ocguy31 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Orange County
Posts: 364
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Target Sports lets me go all the way to ordering and has 99+ in stock.....just waiting for my local FFL to get back to me before moving ahead, but if someone else wants to try...

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/magp...k-p-40042.aspx

Edit: they have not updated their restricted shipping page for what that is worth.
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:18 PM
formerTexan formerTexan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 732
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

The judge definitely thought this out, given the timing of this dropping on a Friday afternoon, which gives people a weekend to drive out of state to buy immediately, even if something else drops on Monday.
__________________
CA, TX, CA, now in WA
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:18 PM
1911su16b870's Avatar
1911su16b870 1911su16b870 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7,053
iTrader: 152 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocguy31 View Post
I am not too proud to admit that I welled up once or twice reading this ruling. The part you quoted was once of the touch-and-go moments for me:



Perhaps the irony of § 32310 escapes notice. The reason for the adoption of the Second Amendment was to protect the citizens of the new nation from the power of an oppressive state. The anti-federalists were worried about the risk of oppression by a standing army. The colonies had witnessed the standing army of England marching through Lexington to Concord, Massachusetts, on a mission to seize the arms and gunpowder of the militia and the Minutemen—an attack that ignited the Revolutionary war. With Colonists still hurting from the wounds of war, the Second Amendment guaranteed the rights of new American citizens to protect themselves from oppressors foreign and domestic. So, now it is ironic that the State whittles away at the right of its citizens to defend themselves from the possible oppression of their State.
I love how Hon. Benitez writes in his opinion how the Minutemen were required to have >30 bullets, plus other "high capacity" ammunition requirements in our newborn country, when they were called up.
__________________
Trump on RKBA "The Second Amendment to our Constitution is clear. The right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed upon. PERIOD."

CGF Contributor
NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
Beretta 90 series, GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger Armorer just for fun!
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:21 PM
jasonjm jasonjm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 40
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

i wonder if legally its the purchase date that matters, or the physical aquisition of goods date that matters.
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:26 PM
LongLiveTheRepublic's Avatar
LongLiveTheRepublic LongLiveTheRepublic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 276
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

God bless the constitution, freedom, and America!
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:28 PM
Milsurp1's Avatar
Milsurp1 Milsurp1 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,422
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

The federal courts usually email the rulings to the lawyers for both sides through the ECF/PACER system. You click on the link in your email and either cheer or cry.
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:30 PM
EvoXguy's Avatar
EvoXguy EvoXguy is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 702
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Cabelas is still no go.
__________________
Peace through superior firepower
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:30 PM
92E2's Avatar
92E2 92E2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: PRK
Posts: 552
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

LOL, someone posted "MAGA-zine" on another gun thread.
__________________
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...postcount=1958

Share Social Media Sites:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/VetoGunmageddon
Twitter: twitter.com/vetogunmageddon @VetoGunmageddon
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:31 PM
doc66 doc66 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 637
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Buds and PSA just worked for me. But lots of em sold out already. Cant wait to check with my local gun shop tomorrow as well. Whooot!
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:33 PM
CaliforniaCowboy's Avatar
CaliforniaCowboy CaliforniaCowboy is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 791
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Now if only we could get them to reverse the Hand grip BS.
__________________
Why Brits do not have a 2A.
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:33 PM
aermotor aermotor is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,537
iTrader: 40 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocguy31 View Post
Target Sports lets me go all the way to ordering and has 99+ in stock.....just waiting for my local FFL to get back to me before moving ahead, but if someone else wants to try...

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/magp...k-p-40042.aspx

Edit: they have not updated their restricted shipping page for what that is worth.
Maybe you missed the boat, but this does not need an FFL for anything.....
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:38 PM
JonChimpo JonChimpo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 120
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Buds, and PSA worked for me. Order went through, we'll see if they show up. My out of state buddy texted me a few hours ago with the good news. I didnt believe him till I came on CG. What an awesome Friday night!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:42 PM
Mjaquette Mjaquette is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Rancho Penasquitos
Posts: 9
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Magcommander also went through for me
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:45 PM
doc66 doc66 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 637
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

so if I get 30rnd glock mags, can I use them for a ruger pc 9 or keltec sub 2k? also does this mean we can get the 30 rnd mags for ruger 10/22's? thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:46 PM
nyla's Avatar
nyla nyla is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 262
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Preppers site is so overloaded it is basically down!
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:47 PM
aermotor aermotor is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,537
iTrader: 40 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc66 View Post
so if I get 30rnd glock mags, can I use them for a ruger pc 9 or keltec sub 2k? also does this mean we can get the 30 rnd mags for ruger 10/22's? thanks in advance.
For right now there is no longer any limitation on any type of capacity for anything AS LONG AS they are not used in fixed mag AWs
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:47 PM
SDCarpenter's Avatar
SDCarpenter SDCarpenter is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Carlsbad
Posts: 346
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

i cant even checkout the sites are crashing lol
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:48 PM
NorCalRT NorCalRT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 968
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Site is overloaded, just gotta keep trying. I got through twice.
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:49 PM
KevinA.'s Avatar
KevinA. KevinA. is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Roseville
Posts: 114
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Several people reporting that their orders have been accepted as well as the ones I’ve placed. But has anyone ever tried to order these mags previously even knowing they weren’t legal? I’m wondering if you could have always been able to order them but maybe it would take the seller some time to cancel it.
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:49 PM
BucDan BucDan is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,793
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc66 View Post
Buds and PSA just worked for me. But lots of em sold out already. Cant wait to check with my local gun shop tomorrow as well. Whooot!
I want the D&H mag sale PSA has, no luck.
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:51 PM
jcwatchdog jcwatchdog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,398
iTrader: 92 / 100%
Default

Sometimes, the gods smile on you my friends 🙂. The first of 3 boxes 😱


Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:52 PM
RickD427's Avatar
RickD427 RickD427 is online now
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: King County
Posts: 6,246
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Califpatriot View Post
You're good to go. Harvard Law Professor Richard Fallon has a long article addressing this question--what happens if you violate a statute during a time enforcement of the statute is enjoined based on constitutional grounds, even if the injunction of enforcement is later overturned.

http://law.slu.edu/sites/default/fil...on_article.pdf
Califpatriot,

Thanks much for the reference to the article. It appears to be very much on point to prior discussions concerning PC 32390.

But the appears to be broken. Do you have a better link available?
__________________
If you build a man a fire, you'll keep him warm for the evening. If you set a man on fire, you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life.
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:52 PM
aermotor aermotor is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,537
iTrader: 40 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucDan View Post
I want the D&H mag sale PSA has, no luck.
Unfortunately it looks like PSA has some products 'black listed' on the backend and the cannot be ordered at this time. Have a friend you can ship to out of state?
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:54 PM
bungletrpg bungletrpg is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinA. View Post
Several people reporting that their orders have been accepted as well as the ones I’ve placed. But has anyone ever tried to order these mags previously even knowing they weren’t legal? I’m wondering if you could have always been able to order them but maybe it would take the seller some time to cancel it.
I've tried this actually. My order was cancelled manually by an employee. I'm assuming that the same thing will happen to most, if not all, of these orders on Monday.
Reply With Quote
  #271  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:56 PM
nyla's Avatar
nyla nyla is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 262
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungletrpg View Post
I've tried this actually. My order was cancelled manually by an employee. I'm assuming that the same thing will happen to most, if not all, of these orders on Monday.

I wouldn't be surprised. PSA does not seem to care whatsoever about people in CA.
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:57 PM
Milsurp1's Avatar
Milsurp1 Milsurp1 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,422
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

I wonder how many “speed enforcement” zones on I-15 and I-10 tomorrow. Given the DoJ’s attempt to shut down C&R handgun sales by FFLs I would not be surprised if they risk contempt of court by trying to dissuade gun owners from going to NV or AZ to buy mags.
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:57 PM
LongLiveTheRepublic's Avatar
LongLiveTheRepublic LongLiveTheRepublic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 276
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

I contacted mag warehouse and they told me they'll know more Monday if Californians can order reg cap mags.
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 03-29-2019, 8:59 PM
Citation650's Avatar
Citation650 Citation650 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Monterey
Posts: 528
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Next: Get rid of the roster and ammo BS.
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 03-29-2019, 9:00 PM
SDCarpenter's Avatar
SDCarpenter SDCarpenter is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Carlsbad
Posts: 346
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveTheRepublic View Post
I contacted mag warehouse and they told me they'll know more Monday if Californians can order reg cap mags.
exactly lol
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 03-29-2019, 9:01 PM
JeffSD's Avatar
JeffSD JeffSD is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 767
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

I can't help but be a little concerned about catching a felony if I order some magazines. California has a long history of ignoring laws and rulings they don't like. They won't like this. I dunno, I guess I'm paranoid.
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 03-29-2019, 9:02 PM
radicalray radicalray is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Joaquin
Posts: 451
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Preppers should be good they have the courts ruling on the top of their page. My order went through also
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 03-29-2019, 9:03 PM
Stroker Stroker is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Sounds to me like I’m going to have a big box of mag limiters on my hands.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
NRA Member
Front Sight Director
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 03-29-2019, 9:03 PM
BucDan BucDan is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,793
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aermotor View Post
Unfortunately it looks like PSA has some products 'black listed' on the backend and the cannot be ordered at this time. Have a friend you can ship to out of state?
unfortunately, no
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 03-29-2019, 9:03 PM
LongLiveTheRepublic's Avatar
LongLiveTheRepublic LongLiveTheRepublic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 276
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSD View Post
I can't help but be a little concerned about catching a felony if I order some magazines. California has a long history of ignoring laws and rulings they don't like. They won't like this. I dunno, I guess I'm paranoid.
They're gonna have a lot of evil "felons" today.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:18 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.