Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > Temp Post-Duncan Mag Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2019, 1:05 PM
(aka Hogswild)
CGN Contributor

Default Palmetto State Staying in the fight

Just got an email from Palmetto about a "magazine blowout sale" and immediately thought, great, a bunch of s*** I can't buy any more

But then:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Noname.jpg (52.0 KB, 865 views)
Old 04-15-2019, 1:19 PM

Old 04-15-2019, 3:29 PM

I guess it really matters what size the "portion" is.

But yeah, pretty cool! Gun owners, groups, manufacturers, and retailers need to realize that we're on the front lines and there is a battle being fought. SEND THE RESOURCES!!!

Quote:
I try to frame my response to be useful to those observing, with little regard to convince the opponent of my awesomeness. - EM2
Quote:
But that wasn't enough for the liberal douches. They just had to go after the grandfathered mags... And look what it got them. - L84CABO
Quote:
The media silence says more than their filthy lies - MrFancyPants
Quote:
The prosecutor only needed 5/7 jurors on board and couldn't even do that. - stix213
Old 04-15-2019, 4:04 PM
(aka Hogswild)
CGN Contributor

Maybe the sudden spike in mag sales made them realize the potential if the flood gates are opened again
Old 04-15-2019, 4:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I generally like PSA.. but don't kid yourself.

Prices went up during our buying time.. deals went down.. when our time was over prices dropped again.

Also, they ALWAYS have this killer deal where you get a can of ammo and 10 Pmags.. that deal vanished while we were able to buy and came back right after.

So, while I love me some PSA, I know they aren't saints either.
“There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.”
― Ayn Rand

Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA, Guardian Front Sight
Old 04-15-2019, 4:15 PM
Veteran Member

F them.
Old 04-15-2019, 4:21 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Awesome
Old 04-15-2019, 4:28 PM
Calguns Addict

They opened sales to us early.

They supported our side in the court case indicating that a bunch of product was pushed into CA, making the mags "common use".

They held off on orders for outside CA to push as much our way as possible.

They said they would donate a portion of future sales to the legal effort. And they are.

I suspect the thread crappers got caught up in late ordering and didn't get their order filled. That's unfortunate, but this is still good

Perhaps others in the industry will follow suit.
Old 04-15-2019, 5:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Yeah they were one of the first and always have good deals. Had a few orders with them (though not this last time since they were sold out on what I wanted). I'd gladly buy from them again, especially if/when I ever get out of Ca.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

9mm + 5.56mm =
.45ACP + 7.62 NATO =
10mm + 6.8 SPC =

Et Verbum caro factum est et habitavit in nobis; Jn 1:14
Old 04-15-2019, 5:20 PM

I love PSA, they aren’t perfect by any means but they are worlds better than CtD, Buds, and Turner’s.
Old 04-15-2019, 5:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1968LS2 View Post
Prices went up during our buying time.. deals went down.. when our time was over prices dropped again.
I know Brownells deal disappeared (I didn't see it on Monday), but others said they used it

Honestly, I didn't see prices differ for same brands. Only diff I saw was from different makers

As for the topic, it would behoove out of state places to donate when we have a massive market. Then again, panic buying would be different from a complete overturning of the law and more people would be "I can wait until next week when I get paid"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemBastards View Post
Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!
Old 04-15-2019, 7:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post

They supported our side in the court case indicating that a bunch of product was pushed into CA, making the mags "common use".

They said they would donate a portion of future sales to the legal effort. And they are.

I suspect the thread crappers got caught up in late ordering and didn't get their order filled. That's unfortunate, but this is still good

No, I did not order from them.

They came out fighting for us and looking like rock stars and by the end of the week they folded like a cheap suit. They come out with an idiotic statement claiming that shipments made after 5pm on Friday were not legal and they began to cancel orders. Orders dating back to 3/29. These were legal purchases. For some, their only purchase as they trusted PSA to follow through.

They should not have taken orders until the deadline if they were not going to ship after the deadline. Makes no sense. And it seems that some of their shipments were actually made after the deadline. And in no specific order.

It's their right to play it safe. Fine, they changed their minds and shut things down. But then you come out with a statement telling everyone its not legal to SHIP after 5pm? Knowing damn well that Brownells and others are shipping all orders and even backorders? Just STFU and play it safe then. No need to broadcast your BS opinion and possibly scare others into following your conservative move.

And yes, they also changed prices but for me that is not the issue.

So, F them.

Brownells is the true hero in this story. One of many. PSA is not.

Last edited by Nor*Cal; 04-15-2019 at 7:11 PM..
Old 04-15-2019, 7:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistice View Post
I know Brownells deal disappeared (I didn't see it on Monday), but others said they used it
No it didn't. Sunday's deal expired and a new deal started on Monday morning (the day they started taking orders). $10 off $99 + free shipping. To celebrate our freedom. They also kept sales going on items such as the Magpul D-60 drums which they sold for $104. $94 shipped with the promo code.
Old 04-15-2019, 8:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor*Cal View Post
No, I did not order from them.

They came out fighting for us and looking like rock stars and by the end of the week they folded like a cheap suit. They come out with an idiotic statement claiming that shipments made after 5pm on Friday were not legal and they began to cancel orders. Orders dating back to 3/29. These were legal purchases. For some, their only purchase as they trusted PSA to follow through.

They should not have taken orders until the deadline if they were not going to ship after the deadline. Makes no sense. And it seems that some of their shipments were actually made after the deadline. And in no specific order.

It's their right to play it safe. Fine, they changed their minds and shut things down. But then you come out with a statement telling everyone its not legal to SHIP after 5pm? Knowing damn well that Brownells and others are shipping all orders and even backorders? Just STFU and play it safe then. No need to broadcast your BS opinion and possibly scare others into following your conservative move.

And yes, they also changed prices but for me that is not the issue.

So, F them.

Brownells is the true hero in this story. One of many. PSA is not.
I don't know, PSA may still be, they may be working with CRPA and NRA. Maybe their cancelling orders is all part of a plan. Unless you think the plan was to just sell as many as possible in a week to people in the know and F everybody else.
Old 04-15-2019, 8:52 PM
Calguns Addict

4/1: I placed a Brownell’s order using a 2-day shipping code
4/1: I placed another Brownell’s order but the 2-day didn’t pop, so, I used a “10% off, standard shipping” code.

The first order arrived in 2 days.

The second order has been in my metropolitan area for 5 days, and the original “Apr 10” delivery is now “pending delivery”.

FedEx says the tracking # I gave them doesn’t exist, even though I was looking at it on the web.

Now, I’ve been told the package moves from FedEx to USPS as a part of the FedEx Smartpost program. Who knows when it will arrive?

I also haven’t seen Brownell’s set forth a commitment to help fund the fight....
Old 04-15-2019, 8:55 PM

PSA canceled my legal order they did not ship by 5pm and still charged me CA tax. Wish I ordered from Brownells
Old 04-15-2019, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post

Yes they did.

At the end of the day PSA "portion of the proceeds" will be more than most of the cry babies give for the fight.
More worried about not being treated fair. Thank you California Public Schools.

The week long ability to purchase was yours to flush down the toilet.
If saving 10% was worth it than that is on you not PSA
How many "got screwed" .01% of 1 million?

You participation trophy is ready.

Time to open your own company.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:01 PM
Calguns Addict

PSA does more than their fair share to help the cause and even us behind enemy lines.
For a smaller company they sure have created quite a bit of competition out there...
AR15s
AR10s
AKs
AKV and great scorpion mags
AR 7.62 that takes ak mags
MP5 soon...
While by no means they are perfect but they sure make a big splash for a small company
Old 04-16-2019, 12:06 AM

PSA. Brownells and the rest of the nation got a taste of the financial power we have in CA.

If CA was conservative 90% of gun companies would be here. They're seeing that us having our rights is worth fighting for. There's millions of us here. There are as many gun owners in CA as there are NRA members NATION WIDE.

I think this overturned a rock with a lot of people (hopefully). We just have to stay in the fight and have good conservative or objective judges. None of these laws are based on any real evidence, studies or facts. It's all made up in group think and forced upon us with a majority. This is why they will lose.
Old 04-16-2019, 4:47 AM
Veteran Member

Our collective money would go further if people didn't always expect something in return or immediate gratification.

Instead of spending $40 on mag at PSA, where maybe $1 will go back to the CRPA, just give the $40 to the CRPA. Sacrifice buying one gun accessory or one box of ammo once in a while and just give that money to the CRPA.

You don't have to be a member to donate. I am not a member because I don't want a bunch or stuff, emails and junk that I am not going to do anything with. I just donate so I can skip all that stuff.

Here is the link: https://californiariflepistol.z2syst...p?campaign=61&

While I am in the infancy stages of my quest, it actually felt really good to finally start taking action.
Old 04-16-2019, 5:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik_26 View Post
Our collective money would go further if people didn't always expect something in return or immediate gratification.

Instead of spending $40 on mag at PSA, where maybe $1 will go back to the CRPA, just give the $40 to the CRPA. Sacrifice buying one gun accessory or one box of ammo once in a while and just give that money to the CRPA.

You don't have to be a member to donate. I am not a member because I don't want a bunch or stuff, emails and junk that I am not going to do anything with. I just donate so I can skip all that stuff.

Here is the link: https://californiariflepistol.z2syst...p?campaign=61&

If your order gets canceled how about using that money to change the law
I am very low key about giving money to any nonprofit or cause.
As my parents silently wrote checks and mailed them off, I pull out the credit card.
First and foremost giving your time can do the most good.
I am not a lawyer so my time will not help, but my donation will.

Just think if only $ 1.00 x mags purchased over 7days in California = $$$$$$$$$$

If your purchase gets canceled due to California law than just maybe the money is better spent to change that law.

" I Got Mine " divides us.

Lets give this freedom to all California residents and future residents.
Old 04-16-2019, 5:36 AM
Veteran Member

I ordered from PSA during Freedom MAGAzine week and received my order after the window closed. PSA is good in my book.