Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > Temp Post-Duncan Mag Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2019, 4:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

The nice thing about this last week was that inexpensive, quality AR mags were available: $12 Okays and $10 PMAGs. Yeah, I stocked up.

Glocks mags were fairly inexpensive and available. So I stocked up there too.

Fairly adult and rational thinking, I reckon.

Now, post 5pm, Iím thinking maybe I should have bought a bunch of D-60s, D-50s, and Romanian AK drum mags. Earlier this morning I hesitated and decided not too, since I had bought a lot of mags this week.

I have no real use for drum mags, but Iím feeling a bit of regret anyway.

(Sigh)

ó Michael
Old 04-05-2019, 4:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

This is one of the few times I felt like I did not purchase enough.
But I did purchase what I need

For one glorious week if was refreshing not being denied purchasing what you want because of where you live.
I look forward to the next chapter in this saga and know it will be little steps forward and a few backward before we start making the ground we need to end these costly, unhelpful, unproductive, unconstitutional laws.
Freedom is tasty and I want more!
Dan Wesson Razorback or Silverback
RIA TAC Ultra
Old 04-05-2019, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperpm View Post
Probably once in a lifetime chance to get this so no second guessing on my end. Arrived today. Spent what I thought was enough and definitely didnít go overboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a beautiful gal.
Old 04-05-2019, 4:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Probably once in a lifetime chance to get this so no second guessing on my end. Arrived today. Spent what I thought was enough and definitely didnít go overboard.

Sweet, beautiful Scorpion!

dude, yesterday I was this ' ' close to getting that 50rd'er, cuz I KNEW it would look so boss on my Scorpion Evo. Ahh well... I didn't get it, instead I got 6 35 PSA AK 9mm round mags from PSA.

Then, I ended up blowing my load and buying a Beta C-Mag for my AR15. LOL wtf. Because... EFF YOU BASURA and NEWSCUM!
Old 04-05-2019, 4:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
This is not a humble or any other kind of brag.

Its an introspection for people younger than me while there is still time to buy MORE.

Im old as eff. I was fortunate enough to have had money and a wife that understood my position in the 1990s.

Consequently, when the first rumblings of statewide bans kicked in, i bought some stuff. Then, i bought mags for stuff i didnt even own. I bought 10 mags for every platform i thought i was likely to buy. So my AR mags sre old school aluminum 30 rounders. I baby them, and have a few Orlites for banging around.

When this very fortunate event happened, my first reaction was ďGLOCK 19 and 33 rounders!!!Ē because i carry that one, and my old as eff 15 rounders are gen 1 non drop free mags, requiring an extra reload step.

Had to catch as catch can, ordering what i could find where i could get it, but i got 5 15s and 10 33s, but i split those with a buddy.

Then i thought, wait, that 10/22 that i tricked out could always use some non 10 rounders, couldnt it?

It could.

Then, when the shoe dropped and the window stopped closing, i decided that even though i paid a premium for a C Mag right before the ban, then sold it later just because it was simultaneously worth so much yet so fragile and useless, i let it go, that i needed a dedicated ďeff you, Becerra, suck on thisĒ magazine, and ordered a pmag drum. From botach, of all clip joints. Oh, well, it shipped today.

So now in that few hours before the window closes, i find myself wondering if i should/should have ordered some AR mags just so i have spares?

Young guys: forever is a long long time. Mags get dropped, stepped on, run over. Lost. Or worse yet, pampered and babied and eventually left in the safe.

Buy everything you need, will need, and then some.

Because right now, you can! Go forth gents.

Good post, man.
Old 04-05-2019, 5:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Not really. I'd have liked a couple D60 but really need the Awb overturned to enjoy them stu not too disappointed I left them in the cart.

After the trip to Turner's today really glad I didn't overnight any. Lol
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

9mm + 5.56mm =
.45ACP + 7.62 NATO =
10mm + 6.8 SPC =

Et Verbum caro factum est et habitavit in nobis; Jn 1:14
Old 04-05-2019, 5:08 PM

No regrets on the drums, and window pmags. But the Glock and hk mags are making think, crap need to save for two new guns.
Old 04-05-2019, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elSquid View Post
The nice thing about this last week was that inexpensive, quality AR mags were available: $12 Okays and $10 PMAGs. Yeah, I stocked up.

Now, post 5pm, Iím thinking maybe I should have bought a bunch of D-60s, D-50s, and Romanian AK drum mags. Earlier this morning I hesitated and decided not too, since I had bought a lot of mags this week.

(Sigh)

ó Michael
I came close to purchasing the drums, but then if you think about it, 60 bullets in a fairly bulky form is both hard to carry and heavy. Itís more practical to carry 2x30 or 2x40 than one bulky 60, not to mention the price difference.

I donít know, thatís how I talked myself out of it anyways my bank account couldnít take anymore 😳
Old 04-05-2019, 5:25 PM

No ragretes!

Attachment 793352

Last edited by EvoXguy; 05-22-2019 at 8:29 PM..
Old 04-05-2019, 5:30 PM

Regret ordering from just the lowest priced online drop ship stores. Forgot that some fronts take forever and not up to the task of this unique situation.

Regret that I didn't have exactly everything planned and researched, buying from multiple places paying more for shipping. Might have gotten the 16rd mags instead of 14s for CZ P01.

Kind of regret making a double purchase of M3 SR/LR and M118 mags, not sure I'll need all those and run 25 762 natos through them in one go. I'd have to make 100 of them just to use all 4 mags.
Old 04-05-2019, 5:41 PM

So if ordered before today can we use these mags legally going forward in legal pistols and rifles?
Old 04-05-2019, 5:58 PM

Default Anyone else already second guessing decisions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357manny View Post
Sweet, beautiful Scorpion!

dude, yesterday I was this ' ' close to getting that 50rd'er, cuz I KNEW it would look so boss on my Scorpion Evo. Ahh well... I didn't get it, instead I got 6 35 PSA AK 9mm round mags from PSA.

Then, I ended up blowing my load and buying a Beta C-Mag for my AR15. LOL wtf. Because... EFF YOU BASURA and NEWSCUM!

Thanks fellow Scorpion owner! Looks boss for sure on my other Scorpion too lol! I regret not getting beta cmags

Last edited by hyperpm; 04-05-2019 at 6:40 PM..
Old 04-05-2019, 6:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcwatchdog View Post
I came close to purchasing the drums, but then if you think about it, 60 bullets in a fairly bulky form is both hard to carry and heavy. Itís more practical to carry 2x30 or 2x40 than one bulky 60, not to mention the price difference.
Price difference really got me: $120 drum vs 10 PMAGs or 10 Okays. Why not just buy more 30s?

Of course, the correct answer was "buy everything"!

Quote:
I donít know, thatís how I talked myself out of it anyways my bank account couldnít take anymore 😳
I looked at my credit card balance online last night...and audibly gasped.

-- Michael
Old 04-05-2019, 6:04 PM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfan91 View Post
Why would people pay more for a gen 1 glock 19 mag?
Prior to 3/29 a gen 1 mag was pre-2000 therefore exempt.

Buy made in USA whenever possible.
Old 04-05-2019, 6:07 PM

I would have liked some drum mags but with no full auto wasn’t that exciting (though I kinda wish I had got one ) bought ,
10x 556 pmag window 30rnd
8x 556 pmag 30 rnd
10x 556 pmag 20rnd
6x 556 usgi steel 30rnd
10x 726 pmag window 25rnd
10x 762 pmag 20rnd
8x Ak pmag 30rnd
2x glock 33rnd
8x glock 17rnd
8x glock 15rnd
1x Ruger 10/22 jungle mag
2x Ruger 10/22 25rnd

...... and one smoke clear lancer 556 30rnd
Lotta $$$ but I’m gonna split some with a buddy (he already paid me batf )
Old 04-06-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfan91 View Post
Why would people pay more for a gen 1 glock 19 mag?
There are a few states with magazine capacity bans where magazines that were produced before the ban are still legal.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
That's my thinking as well. The cost to benefit ratio for a D60 just wasn't there for me when I was looking at them, so I spent the money on some windowed Pmags instead.

But now that it's all over, I can't help but wish I got one of those. I'll probably never use it at the range except function-check, but man looking at all the pictures ain't they cool.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:21 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I think I'm good for now other than not being able to get the Thompson SMG mags I wanted. I already had enough AR and AK mags to hold swat of for a month just need to round out the collection and get some more G3 mags, and some more AR308 mags, I did both< Oh yeah And I added a Screw you mag too. 75 round drum for the AK's
Old 04-06-2019, 1:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harambe View Post
too many normal mags and not enough d60s.
Yeah, I bought two and now that I have them in hand, am kicking myself for not buying a couple more...
Civil War 2.0 - If it comes to pass, lefties will have brought it upon themselves. I value freedom more than their sorry lives and the form of governance they have to offer, which offers no freedom and complete servitude to the state.
Old 04-06-2019, 2:32 PM

Quote:

(Sigh)

ó Michael
This is me, word for word.
Old 04-06-2019, 3:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDnewbieshooter View Post
That's my thinking as well. The cost to benefit ratio for a D60 just wasn't there for me when I was looking at them, so I spent the money on some windowed Pmags instead.

But now that it's all over, I can't help but wish I got one of those. I'll probably never use it at the range except function-check, but man looking at all the pictures ain't they cool.

Right. With select fire they're useful. Anything worth buying one of is worth a spare and that kept putting my cart past $400 lol.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

9mm + 5.56mm =
.45ACP + 7.62 NATO =
10mm + 6.8 SPC =

Et Verbum caro factum est et habitavit in nobis; Jn 1:14
Old 04-06-2019, 4:48 PM

I regret not scoring the 105$ d60 from brownells (with coupon), but I made up for it when the stay got published. The huge cc bill from this past week will be worth it.
Old 04-06-2019, 7:35 PM

Only two regrets, not getting a d60 and sten mags for my mac-11 clone (wasn't sure if they fit).
Old 04-06-2019, 7:49 PM
Veteran Member

I was thinking I should've got some 15 and 20rnd mags, but they're pretty much the same price as a 30rnd, so feel a bit better there

Wish I had money for a drum, but money was just too tight. Also, for the price of a 100rnd drum, I could get 4 30rnd ones for just over half the cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemBastards View Post
Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!
Old 04-06-2019, 8:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I came close to purchasing the drums, but then if you think about it, 60 bullets in a fairly bulky form is both hard to carry and heavy. It’s more practical to carry 2x30 or 2x40 than one bulky 60, not to mention the price difference.

I don’t know, that’s how I talked myself out of it anyways my bank account couldn’t take anymore ��
My last purchase decision was the D60 simply because in an event if it's your first mag in the gun, you have two mags to work with before a reload. Then if you carry three or four sticks on you they hold better on your body then additional drums.

Realistically however, the most it'll come to help me with is getting more holes in paper at the range and less mag changing.

Recently I've been hung up on Synthwave that scatters Youtube.
Feel free to join if curious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUDEKMsxN0g

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
and you guys wonder why women are fed up with bad behavior?!
Old 04-06-2019, 8:30 PM
Veteran Member

It seems the consensus is people regret not buying a drum despite rational reasoning against it, haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemBastards View Post
Judging from the last shoot I think we are the wrong group to ask about sighting in Mosins haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
I don't want dreamcatchers or AR crap, I want ugly old guns!
Old 04-06-2019, 8:54 PM

No! But I only bought 10 rounders.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2019, 9:04 PM

Regrets no drums but I got waaaaaay more variety and stuff by not getting them on top of was already over my budget by almost double and that was without drums. One more mecgar Cz mag would have been cool , 2 20 round beretta 92fs mags would have been nice, one more g21 mag would have been chill and 3 more ak mags would have been nice,but had to stop at $570
Old 04-06-2019, 9:28 PM

Regret not having a crystal ball on Judgement Friday and ordered a nice Steiner scope and ADM mount 3 hours before Judgement issued. New scope plus Million Mag March in same week.....ouch things got tight
Old 04-06-2019, 10:00 PM

I'm really happy with what I got, but if I could go back in time I would have ordered more Okay AR mags and a few more 18rd Mec-Gar Beretta 92 mags. The Mec-Gar mags with the anti-friction coating are the business!
Old 04-07-2019, 12:51 AM

Posted this already but

Managed to pick up 2 D60 drums that last day. One locally and the other online. My wife had no idea I had been running up the credit card. I had felt uneasy about he second D60 and thought she would be annoyed. It is not like they are all that practical. I decided to show her the one I picked and she started liking it. She told me ďI want one tooĒ. I said ďsure, I will try and order one for youĒ. Problem solved!
Old 04-07-2019, 12:53 AM

I agree that it is practical to start off withe the drum and switch to more practical 30 rounders after.
Old 04-07-2019, 2:08 AM

Regret not getting some Lancer smoke 30 rounders, Windowed 30 round pmags, and a 110 Round 10/22 drum. Though those were just vanity items for me. I got what I needed and what I could ever need in the future.
Old 04-07-2019, 5:58 AM

I bought 6 ETS 31 rounders and on the last day just went ahead and got a couple of those OEM Glock 33 rounders everybody's going on about. My PCC is gonna be really happy come range time.
Old 04-07-2019, 3:54 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Thats hot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I don't need to think at all..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Didn't realize. I try not to be political.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-07-2019, 4:18 PM

I toyed with selling either some of my USGI .30 carbine mags, or listing my less desirable Universal rifle with all the mags to make it more interesting. I my mind, at least, the mags make up 1/3rd of the package value.

But I didn't want to rush through the process to list it, and hope to pull off the transaction before some unknown deadline. So I decided to sleep on it, and all that did was make me worry about my existing orders and would I get them? So I did some backup ordering instead.

So I have that rifle, a mess of mags, a Ruger in the same caliber, and 1000 or so rounds that I guess I'll use up or move with me if I get outta Dodge.

Registration is the first step towards confiscation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
Hunt them with Rottweilers and shotguns. Drive them underground into the sewers.
Old 04-07-2019, 4:42 PM

Like everyone else I regret not getting the Brownells D60 or at least 2x40 with a coupler.

I'm making a DMR featureless rig that mounts off a tripod so the extra length of the P40 is irrelevant.
Old 04-07-2019, 4:50 PM
From anotha motha
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:

(Sigh)

ó Michael
If you had bought 1 or, 2 you would have regreted not having bought 3 or 4. Natural for people to think that.
Cost per round, weight, mobility, reliability, the 30 rd mags makes sense. You did good. A week ago, we didn't even have 30 rd mags. There will be other opportunities seeing as how the 9th and the SCOTUS are shaping up.

Quote:

^^this. I had the same internal conversation as you.