Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 10-06-2014, 7:16 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixoclockhold View Post
disenfecting is 100:1

when dead bodies, fluids (blood, vomit, pooh yada yada) are involved 10:1 which is toxic/caustic and should be used with caution. It can also discolor concrete, normal or colored depending on the original mix contents. Let stand for at least 10 minutes.
Vice news was reporting it's a chlorine/water spray being used. Not sure how legit it is but would be good to know if you have some on hand.
Old 10-06-2014, 7:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully007 View Post
And so it begins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
LOL...
Old 10-06-2014, 8:12 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
http://www.dcclothesline.com/2014/10...ied-yesterday/

Bad reporting or something else? MSM still not reporting Duncan's death.
Had local news on few minutes ago and they still claim he is in critical condition.

half of you here are weak and lame that will basically wind up being happy with .22 single shot pistols or single barrel shotguns..

Old 10-06-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Thomas Duncan has lost his fight for life in Dallas.

Dallas Ebola Patient Dead
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...5#.VDHvsa7n9J_

US media not reporting yet, though the source cited is Reuters
Still no mention of this in any of the usual news outlets I frequent. Odd...
Old 10-06-2014, 10:47 AM
In Memoriam

Nurse who treated Spanish priest who contracted Ebola in Africa and was transferred to Spain has contracted Ebola. Not a good sign of things to come...
http://news.yahoo.com/spanish-nurse-...165024061.html
Old 10-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3GunFunShooter View Post
Nurse who treated Spanish priest who contracted Ebola in Africa and was transferred to Spain has contracted Ebola. Not a good sign of things to come...
http://news.yahoo.com/spanish-nurse-...165024061.html
Oh no! I hope she/he caught it in time.

I feel bad for the health care workers in our country. First O-Care and now this.

If there's an outbreak (even a contained one) do we think that many health care workers will not go to work to protect themselves and their families from such a deadly illness?
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 10-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Banned

http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/katie...tries-n1901450

White House: Ebola Travel Ban Not Being Considered
Oct. 06, 2014

Speaking to reporters from the White House Monday, Press Secretary Josh Earnest told reporters a travel ban to the United States from Ebola stricken countries isn't something being considered by the Obama administration as calls to implement restrictions grow louder.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligaran View Post
Oh no! I hope she/he caught it in time.

I feel bad for the health care workers in our country. First O-Care and now this.

If there's an outbreak (even a contained one) do we think that many health care workers will not go to work to protect themselves and their families from such a deadly illness?
N95 masks maybe the culprit ? They can let the virus through. I would imagine a nurse would be coughed on numerous times.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:48 PM

Interesting... per this CNN article (Re Spanish Nurse) it says Duncan is still alive in Dallas?
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/06/health...html?hpt=hp_t1

This article from today seems to confirm he is alive?
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/texas-e...ry?id=25998659
Old 10-06-2014, 3:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
The lame stream media usually is a day late and a dollar short . They just fill morons minds with propaganda.
If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Mark Twain
Old 10-06-2014, 3:09 PM
Banned

Second nurse has ebola in Spain?

https://translate.googleusercontent....JoOd1-hzc2hUww

Analyze a possible second case of Ebola in another nurse Madrid
The announcement came this afternoon to the emergency de Madrid to notify referring to a Public Health Nurse
The Ministry of Health is limited to insist that "there is no second case" of contracting Ebola but refers to the analysis of a "doctor"
Old 10-06-2014, 3:53 PM
Banned

Not to worry we are all saved!!! We have sharpest minds working on this.

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/ebo...ges-us-defends
Rick Perry announces Ebola task force

Old 10-06-2014, 6:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonusweb View Post
Not to worry we are all saved!!! We have sharpest minds working on this.

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/ebo...ges-us-defends
Rick Perry announces Ebola task force

Jerry Brown is confused about what to do. Maybe the higher global warming taxes will help.
Old 10-06-2014, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
Jerry Brown is confused about what to do. Maybe the higher global warming taxes will help.
Along with the influx of undocumented folks from down south.

I guess he figures giving them healthcare/DL/aid for college will help stem potential outbreaks.
Old 10-06-2014, 9:22 PM
Calguns Addict

I won't get worked up about Ebola until I start to see body bags being filled at a rate that outpaces other causes of death in the U.S.
Perspective is a good thing right now. I'm not saying it won't get worse, but I will keep paying attention.
CDC stats
"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

“I didn’t know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.”
– Frederick Douglass --
Old 10-07-2014, 12:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbenson View Post
Along with the influx of undocumented folks from down south.

I guess he figures giving them healthcare/DL/aid for college will help stem potential outbreaks.
http://www.valleycentral.com/m/news/story?id=1105359

Immigrants from West African countries have entered the US illegally, according to Chris Cabrera with the National Border Patrol Council.

"Not too long ago we did catch some people, I believe, from Liberia," he said.

During the 2013 fiscal year, national statistics from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security website show Border Patrol agents apprehended 112 immigrants from Guinea, 231 from Liberia and 145 immigrants from Sierra Leone, which are the three countries currently experiencing the most cases of Ebola.
Old 10-08-2014, 7:26 AM
In Memoriam

Ebola patient in Dallas, Eric Duncan has died.
As per Yahoo news.

Last edited by 3GunFunShooter; 10-08-2014 at 7:32 AM..
Old 10-08-2014, 8:35 AM

Quote:
Ebola patient in Dallas, Eric Duncan has died.
As per Yahoo news.
It's already in the grapevine yesterday but our "most transparent ever" government kept it from us for another day.
Old 10-08-2014, 8:39 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
http://www.dcclothesline.com/2014/10...ied-yesterday/

Bad reporting or something else? MSM still not reporting Duncan's death.
Finally reported in the mainstream media. Family reportedly has not seen him, even via video link, for days.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebo...l-says-n221141

So one is left to wonder, was the previous Israeli news report in error, or did Duncan actually die on Sunday as they reported, and it is just now being publicly released in the US? I doubt we'll ever know the real answer to that, but it's interesting to ponder why A. a foreign national news service would break a story before the fact, or B. why the US media would delay releasing it for two days.
Old 10-08-2014, 9:17 AM
In Memoriam

"But of course I believe everything from the CDC is truthful and timely" NOT!
Old 10-08-2014, 9:34 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpatbay View Post
It's already in the grapevine yesterday but our "most transparent ever" government kept it from us for another day.
Fail.

The earlier reports were just wrong. Do you really think they would have been able to keep his death out of the news; that people in the hospital who knew wouldn't have talked to various news outlets?

Don't be part of Ebola hysteria.

Old 10-08-2014, 9:35 AM

I wonder what the higher echelon of gov. knows.

1.Do they have this under control + no need to panic?
2. They do not have it under control + do not want to create panic?
3 Lack of communication/actions within various agencies + (could find a solution but it may step on someones toes)

If you look @ 3, I can imagine Obama's advisers suggesting securing borders and assigning additional personnel to process incoming flights {ensure they are not sick}
BUT Obama seems unwilling to do this since it may harm votes for the dem party.
It is far better to infect citizens with Ebola and gain votes.
Old 10-08-2014, 9:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Fail.

The earlier reports were just wrong. Do you really think they would have been able to keep his death out of the news; that people in the hospital who knew wouldn't have talked to various news outlets?

I don't know why they would intentionally delay the news of his death, but why do u think they (gov) would not be able to prevent a news release?

1. All staff members assigned to the patient locked in @ hospital
2. No outside communication (phones confiscated)

Again, I am not saying this was the case, but I think it is entirely possible.
Old 10-08-2014, 9:57 AM

Quote:
Fail.

If you think the government is not controlling all the news releases regarding this, you are too naive.
Old 10-08-2014, 9:59 AM
Banned

The problemo seems to be, 1st estimates of preventative measures are not working. More and more health care providers want :

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-persp...otection-ebola

$1,000 plus cleaning and re-filter. Sucker is Baaad A**
Old 10-08-2014, 10:25 AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ebola-victims/
Old 10-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Calguns Addict

The 2nd nurse in Spain to contract Ebola apparently made a mistake when taking off her protective gear. In the process of removing the suit, she believes one of the gloves may have brushed her face. Apparently it's a tricky procedure with an exact series of steps that must be performed flawlessly to avoid contamination.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/t...eir-dogs-life/

Her husband is in quarantine. Also, in the belief that dogs can act as carriers of the disease (though this is not proven) the couple's dog was euthanized subsequent to a court order.

Now the US faces the problem of how to handle it's first ebola victim corpse. Obviously standard methods do not allow for adequate containment. The problem becomes bigger if it is decided that his body will be returned to Liberia for burial.

Frankly, in my opinion, this is a situation in which all other considerations but safety have to take a back seat. The body should be placed inside a sealed tube full of bleach and transported via hazmat disposal truck to the nearest bio-hazard incineration facility.

Hopefully the containment tube doesn't get mis-directed to a medical supply warehouse.

I will be surprised if the respirator and dialysis machine can be salvaged. No hospital in their right mind would be willing to take a chance of inadvertently spreading a highly fatal disease. Unless there is a way of rendering them sterile beyond any minute particle of doubt, you'll have to trash the machine and replace it. When you start to figure in things like this, are we really that much more "advanced" than west africa? Without more ZMAPP to treat victims the treatment options start looking mighty thin. A hospital can't be burning through a new dialysis machine every couple of days... this form of treatment is NOT SCALABLE. That means what may work for one or two victims, will not work when you have 100 or more. You just can't do it... not only is it prohibitively expensive but the places that produce these devices aren't ramped up to supply them in volume. If Duncan is the last of them, well and good... but something tells me he is the first but not the last.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Banned

Bruss you will have to dismember me to get me to fit in that barrel. Who gets the slaughterhouse job?
Old 10-08-2014, 11:08 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
The 2nd nurse in Spain to contract Ebola apparently made a mistake when taking off her protective gear. In the process of removing the suit, she believes one of the gloves may have brushed her face. Apparently it's a tricky procedure with an exact series of steps that must be performed flawlessly to avoid contamination.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/t...eir-dogs-life/

Her husband is in quarantine. Also, in the belief that dogs can act as carriers of the disease (though this is not proven) the couple's dog was euthanized subsequent to a court order.

Now the US faces the problem of how to handle it's first ebola victim corpse. Obviously standard methods do not allow for adequate containment. The problem becomes bigger if it is decided that his body will be returned to Liberia for burial.

Frankly, in my opinion, this is a situation in which all other considerations but safety have to take a back seat. The body should be placed inside a sealed tube full of bleach and transported via hazmat disposal truck to the nearest bio-hazard incineration facility.

Hopefully the containment tube doesn't get mis-directed to a medical supply warehouse.

I will be surprised if the respirator and dialysis machine can be salvaged. No hospital in their right mind would be willing to take a chance of inadvertently spreading a highly fatal disease. Unless there is a way of rendering them sterile beyond any minute particle of doubt, you'll have to trash the machine and replace it. When you start to figure in things like this, are we really that much more "advanced" than west africa? Without more ZMAPP to treat victims the treatment options start looking mighty thin. A hospital can't be burning through a new dialysis machine every couple of days... this form of treatment is NOT SCALABLE. That means what may work for one or two victims, will not work when you have 100 or more. You just can't do it... not only is it prohibitively expensive but the places that produce these devices aren't ramped up to supply them in volume. If Duncan is the last of them, well and good... but something tells me he is the first but not the last.
LOL...you really think any respirator or dialysis machine is scrapped after being used on an Eblola patient?

You may what to look up the term "sterile"...
Old 10-08-2014, 11:44 AM
In Memoriam

Possible 2nd case of Ebola in Texas who had contact with Duncan.

https://twitter.com/NBCDFW

WFAA tweets regarding Frisco, TX possible case -

"Jason Whitely @JasonWhitely · 3m

Patient inside #Frisco @CareNow says man w/ #Ebola-like symptoms arrived w/ his wife. He was flush, slouched but walking."
-----
" WFAA TV retweeted
Jobin Panicker @jobinpnews · 7m 7 minutes ago

#NEW Collin County official stresses it is currently NOT a confirmed case of #Ebola. @wfaachannel8"

Last edited by 3GunFunShooter; 10-08-2014 at 11:47 AM..
Old 10-08-2014, 11:58 AM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

Second Dallas Infection suspected...

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/08/frisco-patient-exhibiting-ebola-symptoms/

Quote:
FRISCO (CSBDFW.COM) - An afternoon news conference has been called in Frisco, a suburb of Dallas, to discuss a possible second case of Ebola.
Quote:
The patient claims to have had contact with Thomas Eric Duncan, referred to as Dallas ‘patient zero.’ It is not clear how the patient had contact with Duncan or if the patient was one of the about 50 people being monitored by federal, state and local health officials. The call came in shortly after noon from Care Now, 301 Main Street, where the patient was “exhibiting signs and symptoms of Ebola.”

In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box.
Steve Symms, ex-U.S. Senator, Idaho

Old 10-08-2014, 12:01 PM
In Memoriam

Spanish authorities put down the dog that was owned by the Ebola infected nurse.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:05 PM

critical timing right now those that may have been infected by dumbass Dallas patient zero will start to show symptoms this week.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:11 PM
In Memoriam

Grevlin a poster on another forum came up with the EBOLA Preparedness Scale. Scroll down about 5 postings. Kind of funny but true!
Sometimes we have to take a break and laugh. I am at a 5 1/2 on the scale, thinking I should move to a 6 at least! LOL!

http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...le#post6795390

Last edited by 3GunFunShooter; 10-08-2014 at 12:19 PM..
Old 10-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Location: Austin, Texas Republic (Ex Fremont, peoples republic California)

Turn on Fox, CNN or MSNBC.. CDC live update on Texas death..

From deep inside Area 51
Old 10-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Calguns Addict

I'm not sure that's a fair criticism Six O'Clock.

The article (sketcy and developing though it is) said the officer never had direct contact with Duncan, but rather he "responded" to Duncan's apartment, whatever that means. My guess would be that when the family started sneaking out from the quarantine order they had to have someone show up to enforce it. Hopefully we'll find out more details in the next couple of days. I know that most officers who get called to an apartment because of a "disturbance" (could be health officials arguing with the family) don't go in prepared for the "Hot Zone". He may have found out only after arriving what the real situation was, and not recognized that ebola was something so potentially contagious and deadly. I hope he's got the flu, because it's starting to look like, without ZMAPP (all gone, used on previous patients) it is a virtual death sentence.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Protect and Serve

Now the Sheriff Dept has it...Guess the fools thought the gun made them safe.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/?lead=frisco...ebola-symptoms

What kind of dumb comment is that?
Old 10-08-2014, 12:46 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Protect and Serve

Now the Sheriff Dept has it...Guess the fools thought the gun made them safe.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/?lead=frisco...ebola-symptoms
Are you kidding me! He went into the apartment where Duncan had been staying???!!! I hope he is not infected.

Last edited by retired; 10-09-2014 at 5:16 PM..
Old 10-08-2014, 12:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Are you f'ing kidding me! He went into the apartment where Duncan had be staying???!!!

What's that have to do with the context of your comment? Get a brain.
Old 10-08-2014, 1:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
What kind of dumb comment is that?
Quote:
What's that have to do with the context of your comment? Get a brain.
Containment procedures and transmission practices are only as good as we are dumb... It will only take .0001% of the people to screw it up for all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
You don't like homosexuality, don't let some dude stick his tab A into your slot B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko45
But then again I think of the mayors nephew, his face distored with tears and terror, the GAP employees who asked for my autograph, and had to settle for a cover identity’s signature, the flashbangs, and their acrid scent, the small of napalm in the evening breeze, as I crouch behind a shopping cart in the parking lot,