Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 09-21-2019, 11:08 PM

Default Bianchi Model 500 Stainless Steel Handcuffs Information Please

I went to an estate sale found these handcuffs in a Black Bikini belt carrier I believed it is called. No key with it. They look like they are made very well. Canít find much information on them. Found one on EBay post that said final price $9.00. I found some pictures of them on an antique photo site.

All I know is the gentleman was 87 years old and was a Marine and served in the Korean War. After that he was a Deputy Sherriff, Marine Division in the county I live in. He won many Revolver Matches. There were also 4 framed targets with many LEO patches around the outside border of the target. One patch was even from the Secret Service. I wish the person that was selling the stuff could have told me more about this Man.

Back to my question about the cuffs. I bought them and belt carrier for $30.00. If they sold on Ebay as the post I found for $9.00 I way overpaid for them. They sure look to be made very well. No exposed rivets on the side plates. Why I bought them? Just something to add to my gun collection.

Old 09-21-2019, 11:18 PM

Very valuable if the guy's name was Danno and was a LEO in Hawai'i.

Beyond that, probably donated $30 to the grieving widow.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
Old 09-22-2019, 2:22 AM

They’re worth what someone will pay for them...about $30

I also wouldn’t trust them for duty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUNS.NET
You have been banned for the following reason: posting other member's personal info without permission. I don't care what your reasoning is that is not allowed.
Old 09-22-2019, 3:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Bianchi International was one of the bigger names in police supplies during the 70s and beyond.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bianchi_International

I think they started with quality leather holsters and belts but then once they had police department purchasing connections they possibly just expanded their line to other products as well. In their day I think they were top quality products and I think you will find that the old style standard handcuff key should work and be easy enough to find online for a few dollars.

I think most shooters may know Bianchi International more for their sponsoring of international shooting events competitions and their fine leather holsters and accessories.

Yours are probably well made and are of good quality being that they were being made for law enforcement heavy use but I do think more modern designs in handcuffs have come along since then.

It would have been nice if you could have gotten some backstory and some of those patches so you could have made a nice shadow box display to remember the original owner, if they had memorable career in law enforcement.

Last edited by sealocan; 09-23-2019 at 2:41 AM.. Reason: Edited because the iPhone version of CGs did not show me this thread is in the L.E.O. forum, you folks know more than I do.
Old 09-22-2019, 8:00 PM

If the holder is in great shape/quality leather I would say you didn’t overpay but you didn’t get a deal either. New ones made by brands like Aker are around $25-30; and of course you got the cuffs too. Cuffs are probably older and I wouldn’t trust them for anything like duty use; but they may be cool in a cop gear collection or for your Tinder dates
Stay classy, CGF and Calguns.