Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2019, 1:47 PM

Default Does the devil use other religions to divide?

A fellow member of Christian faith shared the idea that other religions besides Christianity are basically cults. Specifically other religions divide worshipers by denouncing God and Jesus, or require an intermediary (the church or priest) instead of focusing on your direct personal relationship with Jesus. If this is true, is the devil using other religions to 'divide and conquer'?

What do you think? Have you experienced anything in your own life that supports or refutes this? Thank you for sharing.
Old 08-30-2019, 1:48 PM
Veteran Member

All I know is he is a liar, and the Father of Lies. That means anything goes.
Old 08-30-2019, 1:53 PM

Fair enough. Do you think it is possible the devil is manipulating the NWO and Agenda 21?
Old 08-30-2019, 1:57 PM
Veteran Member

I don’t know man, I just got home. Only agenda I have at the moment involves a little siesta before my little Moors get home from school to wear me out .
Old 08-30-2019, 2:05 PM
Veteran Member

Jesus said. Satan is the ruler of this world. Which answers many questions of why things are always in a mess here.

Yes, the devil does all he can to use any method to cause hate, division, and murder in religion and all places in this relm.
John 3:16

United Air Epic Fail Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Old 08-30-2019, 2:26 PM

Other religions are no more cults than Judeo/Christian religions. Every religion on earth started as an attempt to understand what cannot be explained and every one has been perverted at one time or the other.

A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it. - Rabindranath Tagore

Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see. - Arthur Schopenhaur
Old 08-30-2019, 4:56 PM

Default Does the devil use other religions to divide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead714 View Post

Jarhead nailed it. This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2019, 5:05 PM

no.

the "devil" is the absence of faith, not an entity.

conflicts blamed on religion are not about god or faith, it is man using religion to gain power or wealth.
all religions are flawed because all men are flawed.
Old 08-31-2019, 8:57 AM

For # 8, the devil, Lucifer by name, IS NOT the absence of faith, he is an entity but you can call if however you choose. The absence of faith is " Unbelief."

Psalm 1

Last edited by Garand Hunter; 08-31-2019 at 8:57 AM.. Reason: punctuation
Old 08-31-2019, 9:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garand Hunter View Post
For # 8, the devil, Lucifer by name, IS NOT the absence of faith, he is an entity but you can call if however you choose. The absence of faith is " Unbelief."

Psalm 1
you may have your own opinion and that is great.

i believe "god" resides in our hearts, not in heaven. it is our inspiration to be good and help others and our faith is demonstrated in our actions.
religions puts god in the hearts of people where it might not already exist.

in the absence of this, we have evil.

religion becomes dangerous when it starts to serve itself, instead of focusing on putting god in our hearts, Isam being a perfect example.

Last edited by theLBC; 08-31-2019 at 9:03 AM..
Old 08-31-2019, 10:08 AM

Of course he does. It's his MO.
Old 08-31-2019, 9:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLBC View Post
you may have your own opinion and that is great.

i believe "god" resides in our hearts, not in heaven. it is our inspiration to be good and help others and our faith is demonstrated in our actions.
religions puts god in the hearts of people where it might not already exist.

in the absence of this, we have evil.

religion becomes dangerous when it starts to serve itself, instead of focusing on putting god in our hearts, Isam being a perfect example.
That may be what you believe, however it is NOT what Christianity professes through Christ. Therefore, you don’t speak for Christianity. You speak for your own opinion. ...just to clear that up.

“Pay attention. I’m educating you and I’m using small words.” -Mark Levin

-Life member, NRA
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 08-31-2019, 9:30 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post
If this is true, is the devil using other religions to 'divide and conquer'?

What do you think? Have you experienced anything in your own life that supports or refutes this? Thank you for sharing.
Yes, as far as Christianity is concerned and what the Christian Bible says, anything but.... is indeed of the devil to divide and isolate from Christ. Call other religions “false doctrine,” “false religion,” “cults” or whatever, it’s what the Christian Bible clearly states in more than one way or another.

This is plain and simply put. It’s not what I’m saying based on my own opinion. it’s what the Christian Bible says in black and white and what any non Christian would easily read and clearly discover what the Bible says on the matter as well.

...It just so happens to be what I believe in and have faith in as well.

2 Timothy 3:16
and
2 Timothy 4:2

-Life member, NRA
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

Last edited by TrailerparkTrash; 08-31-2019 at 9:33 PM..
Old 09-01-2019, 4:48 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
A fellow member of Christian faith shared the idea that other religions besides Christianity are basically cults. Specifically other religions divide worshipers by denouncing God and Jesus, or require an intermediary (the church or priest) instead of focusing on your direct personal relationship with Jesus. If this is true, is the devil using other religions to 'divide and conquer'?

As a follower of a different religion I could use the same logic to say that Christianity is a trap designed to keep people blinded with the promise of liberation by a savior that does not really exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Not at all. Trump is a loser and will lose amazingly on Tuesday. It's going to be so big, we are all going to be sick and tired of how much he loses on Tuesday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Nah, no sense in replying to the personal attacks/baiting.
Old 09-01-2019, 5:16 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
is the devil using other religions to 'divide and conquer'?
The Devil uses people of ALL faiths to ‘divide and conquer’ by closing minds.

Old 09-01-2019, 6:45 AM
From anotha motha
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

No, I wouldn't call other religions besides Christianity a cult. Judaism, for example, is not a cult.

And you're probably referring to Catholicism when you mentioned intermediary. That's not a cult either.

As for Satan using other religions besides Christianity to separate people from a personal relationship with God, of course. But he uses everything to do that. He'll use Christian religiosity to do that also.

Implicit in your question is the assumption that all non-Christian religion was directly caused by Satan. I don't think that's true. We're all fallen and depraved by sin. Our natural inclination is to run away from God as Adam and Eve did. And we also have the desire to be God ourselves or at least be the boss of our own life. Stands to reason that we intentionally or unintentionally created religions to suit our own desires by our own fallen volition without being influenced by Satan.
Old 09-01-2019, 6:54 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The devil is all about division and conflict, God is all about unity and love;
it's pretty cut and dry IMHO the purpose of good and evil each serves ...

it's also apparent that the "progressives" are doing the devil's work for him.

1A - 2A = -1A

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunndeal View Post
Stop digging.
Old 09-01-2019, 8:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
That may be what you believe, however it is NOT what Christianity professes through Christ. Therefore, you don’t speak for Christianity. You speak for your own opinion. ...just to clear that up.
of course. i don't have the hubris to speak for Christianity or anyone else.
Old 09-01-2019, 8:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
A fellow member of Christian faith shared the idea that other religions besides Christianity are basically cults. Specifically other religions divide worshipers by denouncing God and Jesus, or require an intermediary (the church or priest) instead of focusing on your direct personal relationship with Jesus.
Catholics do not require an intermediary (Church or priest) to have a personal relationship with Jesus. So many falsehoods of Catholics and not enough time to explain them.

Since we are worshiping the same God, how about we come together in peace and not look for things to divide us.
Old 09-03-2019, 9:22 AM

Cults are all about controlling people. In that sense, the devil is just as present, if not more so, than in a pluralistic society.

Sometimes, I feel that people worry too much about who their god is when they need to be more concerned with who their devil is. I'll take kind ingnorance and tolerance over closed-mindedness, bigotry and intolerance any day of the week. If your religion is ultimately right, then you have nothing to lose if I reject it.

For being so certain of their religion, some Christians sure seem awfully insecure about it. I never met a Hindu who felt a need to evangelize. Heck, can't think of any Jews either.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:58 AM
Calguns Addict

Exclamation

Quote:
Does the devil use other religions to divide?
Yep!

There are only 2 religions in the world. Christianity, and man-made religions of law & works. Those come in many flavors, but essentially, they're all the same.
Old 09-03-2019, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVShooter View Post
Cults are all about controlling people. In that sense, the devil is just as present, if not more so, than in a pluralistic society.

Sometimes, I feel that people worry too much about who their god is when they need to be more concerned with who their devil is. I'll take kind ingnorance and tolerance over closed-mindedness, bigotry and intolerance any day of the week. If your religion is ultimately right, then you have nothing to lose if I reject it.

For being so certain of their religion, some Christians sure seem awfully insecure about it. I never met a Hindu who felt a need to evangelize. Heck, can't think of any Jews either.
We are commanded to evangelize. Just being obedient. If we don't tell you Hell is where you are headed, that is intolerance.
Old 09-04-2019, 4:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVShooter View Post

There are some religions that will telll you that every other religion is wrong, and if you want to be saved you must belong to their specific religion/group. That comes pretty close to being a cult. No one religion has the complete truth, and some have less than others.
While there is a command to evangelize, there is also a statement that if they don't want to hear it, to just walk away. One shouldn't keep going with their spiel when the other person says, "don't".
Old 09-04-2019, 6:27 AM

Gentlemen,
I have never heard such a pot luck of ideas.
When Jesus the Christ “The Son Of God” came to earth he restored his church. One faith, one baptism. The true Church of Christ has been restored several times throughout history with prophets and apostles.
There is a true church of Jesus Christ on the earth today.
Satan does an excellent Job hiding it with false lies to keep people from finding it and more lies to keep people from believing in the true doctrine of Christ. Add to that an ocean of churches with differing degrees of truth and his church becomes hard to find.

There are hundreds if not thousands of people living right now who have seen, touched or spoken to Jesus Christ.
It is a bold statement to claim “there is no” anything in this endless universe just because you haven’t seen it or found it.

The one and only True Church Of Jesus Christ is restored and on the earth today.
Old 09-04-2019, 7:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMCLAP View Post
We are commanded to evangelize. Just being obedient. If we don't tell you Hell is where you are headed, that is intolerance.
Well, that's a great rationalization for intolerance.

Obedience -- yes, I get it. There are a lot of obedient people in the world. Can't say I'm one of them.
Old 09-18-2019, 7:23 AM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Quote:
If you remember this fact, everything else makes sense.

Buy made in USA whenever possible.
Old 09-22-2019, 7:54 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmithson View Post
The one and only True Church Of Jesus Christ is restored and on the earth today.
Respectfully, this is completely incorrect information as far as Christianity is concerned. Jesus’ Church will be FULLY restored when he returns for His second coming and only then!

Curious, but are you part of the LDS movement?

-Life member, NRA
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 09-22-2019, 10:47 AM
Calguns Addict

The Bible contains examples of Jesus correcting his followers. These examples illustrate how easy it is to deviate from the true course Jesus wants us to follow. There are a lot of churches out there that are not on the true course that Jesus wants followed. You have to be Biblically literate to understand this course, and once you understand, you will see the heretical practices of these churches.
Old 09-22-2019, 7:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyD View Post
The Bible contains examples of Jesus correcting his followers. These examples illustrate how easy it is to deviate from the true course Jesus wants us to follow. There are a lot of churches out there that are not on the true course that Jesus wants followed. You have to be Biblically literate to understand this course, and once you understand, you will see the heretical practices of these churches.
^^^ This.

Examples exerted from the Christian Bible and not directly from me:

Acts 20:29-31 (NIV)
I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30-Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. 31-So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears.

(Paul tells us that even from within the church, people will distort the truth. We must be on guard. Always).

Romans 16:17-18 (NIV)
I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. 18-For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.

(Again, Paul’s wise words of caution to Christ’s flock).

Matthew 23:28 (NIV)
In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

They (outside of Christianity) seek to have people say, "I am of <insert person's name here>.", rather than, "I am of Jesus." Some say, "I am of Martin Luther." Paul discussed this problem at the division-plagued Corinthian church:

"One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas”; still another, “I follow Christ.” -1 Corinthians 1:12

-Life member, NRA
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 09-22-2019, 7:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
^^^ This.

Examples exerted from the Christian Bible and not directly from me:

Acts 20:29-31 (NIV)
I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30-Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. 31-So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears.

(Paul tells us that even from within the church, people will distort the truth. We must be on guard. Always).

Romans 16:17-18 (NIV)
I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. 18-For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.

(Again, Paul’s wise words of caution to Christ’s flock).

Matthew 23:28 (NIV)
In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

They (outside of Christianity) seek to have people say, "I am of <insert person's name here>.", rather than, "I am of Jesus." Some say, "I am of Martin Luther." Paul discussed this problem at the division-plagued Corinthian church:

"One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas”; still another, “I follow Christ.” -1 Corinthians 1:12
Yup, can't tell you the amount of people I know who came from Christian schools only to have fallen, still think they are good Christians, yet are ok with homosexuality, and sometimes abortion.
Old 09-23-2019, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Exactly. What doesn't Satan use to divide, deceive, discourage? The only things I am pretty sure of are i) Satan doesn't ever encourage me to pray, ii) to worship/praise God, or iii) spend time reading/studying the Bible.
Old 09-27-2019, 7:35 AM

Thank you Calgun community members for sharing your thoughts. I wholeheartedly agree with you! These particular comments resonate with me,
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal m1 shooter View Post
Exactly. What doesn't Satan use to divide, deceive, discourage? The only things I am pretty sure of are i) Satan doesn't ever encourage me to pray, ii) to worship/praise God, or iii) spend time reading/studying the Bible.
So if you have more Bible passages I can reference kindly share. Also, this may seem farfetched so please do not flame me for asking, but do you think the devil influenced the establishment of the New World Order to control, corrupt, and destroy mankind?

Last edited by 888; 09-27-2019 at 1:32 PM..
Old 09-27-2019, 4:49 PM

Quote:
[...] But do you think the devil influenced the establishment of the New World Order to control, corrupt, and destroy mankind?
Your question seems to assume that the NWO-- whatever that means to you-- somehow altered the trajectory of mankind in a significant way. I wonder, could that really be true?

I don't understand how that relates to other religions, unless you are suggesting that the NWO is some kind of religion in and of itself. I don't really know what you mean by NWO, so I can't speak to that directly, but I do believe that secularism is a religious faith (with a different set of values than Christianity). Whatever meaning you attach to NWO, I don't imagine you will find members of the invisible church building that kingdom, so if you agree that whatever people push the NWO are secular folk, then I can agree, it is a part of secular faith, and yes, Satan is happy to use it as well.

I have a huge amount of respect for a particular commentary on end times prophecy, and one thing that the author teaches is the significant role of a single government that rules the whole world just before tribulation. A verse he cites is Daniel 7:23, which reads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the prophet Daniel
Thus he said: ‘As for the fourth beast,
there shall be a fourth kingdom on earth,
which shall be different from all the kingdoms,
and it shall devour the whole earth,
and trample it down, and break it to pieces.
Of course, read it in context to make sure you're getting it right. I hope that helps...
Old 09-27-2019, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofeugene View Post
Other religions are no more cults than Judeo/Christian religions. Every religion on earth started as an attempt to understand what cannot be explained and every one has been perverted at one time or the other.
So true. But Scientology is the worst.
Old 09-27-2019, 5:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Thank you Calgun community members for sharing your thoughts. I wholeheartedly agree with you! These particular comments resonate with me,

So if you have more Bible passages I can reference kindly share. Also, this may seem farfetched so please do not flame me for asking, but do you think the devil influenced the establishment of the New World Order to control, corrupt, and destroy mankind?
John 8:44

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there was no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar, and the father of lies.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:10 PM

and christians are right because what?...., your one of them?. so you demonize others because they choose a different god?

you don't need a 'satan' when a 'god' gives the same results

and people think the inquisition ended...
Old 09-28-2019, 5:03 AM
Veteran Member

^Ours is a mystery of faith. We are as factually ignorant as you and they are my friend.
Old 09-28-2019, 8:07 AM

Quote:
^Ours is a mystery of faith. We are as factually ignorant as you and they are my friend.
exactly, so lets demonize others because they don't have the same faith, how very 'christian' and then use the 'devil' as the scape goat. A little rational thinking goes a long way.......
Old 09-28-2019, 8:39 AM
Veteran Member

Only person demonizing anybody at this moment is you there, Poindexter.
Old 09-28-2019, 9:29 AM

you got me..., "at this moment", returning you to bashing every other religion thread