Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 08-29-2019, 8:31 PM

Default Misidentified in a police report

Just thought I’d share an interesting experience I recently had. My CCW (Sacramento County) was set to expire on 09/19/2019. So a few weeks ago I went through the renewal process and on 08/15/2019 I get this email from the Sheriff CCW people:

“A records check showed SPD issued you a No Trespass order in February 2019. Can you write a letter describing the circumstances and disposition surrounding this event. Lastly, please explain why you did not notify the Sacramento Sheriff’s CCW office of this law enforcement contact. Thank you.

Once we receive the above-requested information, we will resume with the processing of your application.

Sincerely,

Sacramento County Sheriff's Department”

This is the first I’ve ever heard of anything about this. So I got in touch with a Sac PD buddy of mine to help me look into it.

The case number was 19-36978 dated 02-04-2019 at IHOP at 3001 N street. This is a place I’ve never been. The physical description of the suspect doesn’t match me at all and the person was a transient. I really am confused how the systems that exist could allow this to happen, but such is life.

I ended up having to go to the Sac PD building on Freeport Blvd, pleaded my case to someone at the window to be able to talk to someone. I will say that the records person I talked to was very nice and apologized for the set back. They contacted the reporting officer to have the report updated and SPD gave me a letter in letterhead explaining the situation. I sent it all to Sac County CCW and long story short I picked up my renewal today.

Moral of the story to me is that mix-ups happen but I was lucky that people were willing to step up to help me out. I am very thankful for that!
Old 08-29-2019, 9:55 PM

Cool. Glad it got sorted out.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:38 AM

Default Misidentified in a police report

Submit an atta boy for their files. Seems like a good thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Yodaman; 08-30-2019 at 1:52 PM..