Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2019, 12:27 PM

Default Once again Turners screws up.

The location in West Covina is staffed with some of the most incompetent or lazy employees I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.
Now my rant is directed at whomever is listing the firearms on the tuners online gun rack/used and consignment on your website as well as the west covina location specifically. TWICE I have driven the 45 minutes to one hour from San Bernardino to West Covina to purchase a firearm listed on the online gun rack only to be told ONCE I ARRIVE that the gun that I came down to buy is for sale is for law enforcement only.

Now I understand that once Turners buys a firearm from a private seller it cannot be listed as consignment and therefor if it is not on the roster can only be sold to LEO. That is not on turners that is on our stupid politicians. However, If I call the store and ask that the firearm i am interested in and that they have listed online is still for sale and they tell me 'yes' and then I ask again before I waste my time if the firearm they have listed and the same one I am interested in is law enforcement sales only and they specifically tell me "no, that pistol can be sold to anyone, it is not LEO sales only" It had better not be for sale to law enforcement only!!!

This not only happened once but TWICE at the West Covina location. In both instances the firearm listing on their website and the picture showed no indication of being for law enforcement sale only, nothing in the title, no tag on the weapon pictured and nothing in the description of the ad. NOTHING! I would have not wasted my TIME if it did!!! Turners Outdoorsman of West Covina and or whomever is putting the online gun rack guns on the internet is either trying to bait and switch customers into coming down, wasting their time and then trying to sell them something else or they are just too lazy or too stupid to check when they put you on hold for ten minutes. Either way this is unacceptable. I am thankful I took a screenshot of the ad before I left because I just checked online again when I got home and they covered their rears by editing the ad online. Way to go Turners Outdoorsman, you should have checked your work the first time this way I would have not wasted my time, fuel and energy driving down there and calling corporate, emailing you and writing this on calguns and yelp! You guys are jokers.
Old 06-21-2019, 12:57 PM

Well you know how to check the roster, be an adult.
Old 06-21-2019, 1:10 PM

Yessiree !!!
The Joy of dealing with the Ineptitude !
Old 06-21-2019, 1:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Have you called and or emailed turners corporate offices?

“Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.”
— Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 06-21-2019, 1:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

https://www.turners.com/info/contact-us

“Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.”
— Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 06-21-2019, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Michael View Post
I get it: Turners sucks. But this was my thoughts initially. However, if the gun is on consignment, and isn't owned by Turners, then technically it can be told to anyone, not just LEO.

So I guess in the OP's case, the guns were not on consignment?
Old 06-21-2019, 2:45 PM

They suuuuuuck. How many times does it have to be said. They care nothing about their customers. Only the $$ IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2019, 3:21 PM

The chubby guy with the last name "V" is by far the worst ever.
Old 06-21-2019, 6:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Consignment is not PPT

If the gun does not sell on consignment, the owner must dros the gun to re gain ownership

— Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 06-21-2019, 7:11 PM

nevermind
Old 06-21-2019, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Michael View Post
The gun was listed as a consignment gun and legally allowed to be sold to anyone even though not on the roster same as if it was a PPT. However, because it was sold directly to turners it can only be sold to law enforcement as it is off roster. My issue isn’t the roster per se my issue is it was listed as if it was a PPT and when I inquired to confirm that was the case it was told to me that was the case and I was good to go. I wasted an entire morning on my day off because once again someone failed to do their job or was lying. Either way I can explain it for you but I cannot understand it for you as well so.. ����*♂️
Old 06-21-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosabeach View Post
Yes sir. Called corporate, left a message, emailed them directly, hit them up on Facebook and left a review for that location on yelp. At least I can warn others to be careful when dealing with them and not get their hopes up.
Old 06-22-2019, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermosabeach View Post
LOL. Where do you think the incompetence and piss-poor customer service starts?
Old 06-23-2019, 10:07 AM

Exactly, but it is fun to tell them directly that we are onto their ****.