Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > Temp Post-Duncan Mag Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2019, 2:46 PM

Question PSA cancelling orders?

Just got a email from customer service from PSA saying they are canceling my order placed on Friday @7:14am for in stock items. Anyone else get this message? Another order placed with them 5 mins later shipped. I thought they said all CA orders were shipped? I mean, it is what it is. But my order that shipped weighs 10+ pounds so maybe they combined my order I'm crossing my fingers.
There's danger lurking around every corner, that's why I propose we make all of our buildings round.
Old 04-09-2019, 3:26 PM

You sure it was in stock? Maybe they ran out and can’t do backordered.
Old 04-09-2019, 3:49 PM

Maybe it had to do with where you live? I heard they wouldn't ship to cities with mag ordinances.
Old 04-09-2019, 3:54 PM

They decided to stop shipping after 5pm Friday. Order not shipped by the deadline is cancelled. They put up a Facebook post about that today.

Last edited by SDnewbieshooter; 04-09-2019 at 3:57 PM..
Old 04-09-2019, 4:00 PM

Yes 100% sure it was in stock, I would not order if they were not in stock.

I'm not on Facebook. Hmm I'll see if they combined my order when the other one shipped.

San Bernardino county. My other order last weekends order was shipped and delivered.
There's danger lurking around every corner, that's why I propose we make all of our buildings round.
Old 04-09-2019, 4:10 PM

Thier post

On March 29, 2019, the United States District Court for the Southern District of California held that California Penal Code Section 32310, which banned magazines with a capacity greater than ten rounds, was unconstitutional and enjoined enforcement of that code section.

In keeping with our mission to manufacture firearms and accessories that provide the maximum benefits of freedom at a competitive price point, Palmetto State Armory proudly became one of the first firearms manufacturers in the country to begin accepting and shipping orders for magazines with a capacity greater than ten rounds to the state of California. We were so successful in our effort that the anti-gun, political players in California used our Facebook and Instagram posts as an exhibit in their motion to the court objecting to the decision.

On April 4, 2019, the District Court entered a stay on its initial ruling in order to allow the case to be heard by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals but allowed Californians to continue to purchase magazines until 5:00 pm PST on Friday, April 5. On the advice of legal counsel, and in light of hyper-aggressive tactics and harassment by anti-Second Amendment prosecutors in California who have already referenced Palmetto State Armory, in order to comply with the federal court order only those sales that were processed and shipped by 5:00 pm PSA on Friday April 5, 2019 will be completed.

Unfortunately, despite doubling the personnel and giving our best effort, we were unable to ship all orders that were received. For those orders we could not ship by 5:00 PST we will contact each customer via email and cancel those orders, issue a refund, and provide a 10% coupon code to be used on a future purchase.

Palmetto State Armory has taken this action to comply with the law and the federal court order. If we wish to fight for others to honor constitutional rights, we must honor the law ourselves. But we will not stop here. We will continue to fight to ensure that certain governments comply with the constitutional right to allow its citizens to bear arms.

Palmetto State Armory will file an amicus brief with the Ninth Circuit in support of the District Courtís order. We believe in the individualís right to keep and bear arms, and we agree with Judge Benitez when he says that right should be free from arbitrary government infringement. We will also provide funds to the law firm that is fighting for the Second Amendment in California.

Law-abiding gun owners are the front line of defense not only for themselves and their families but for their communities as well. We proudly stand with them in the fight against infringement through government overreach, not only in California, but all across the United States. 🇺🇸
Old 04-09-2019, 4:14 PM

CGZ, thanks for the post. Im hoping it was shipped with my other order, as 10+ pounds is a bit much for the order that was shipped.

Edit, this email was a order check status, didn't get a coupon code or anything yet. This is the mesaage:

Hello, Mike

Unfortunately we are no longer shipping high capacity magazines to CA; your order has been cancelled.*

You should receive a full refund within 5-7 business days.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your cancellation, please contact us.

Best Regards,

Natalie M.

Palmetto State Armory Customer Service

Last edited by Panchira!; 04-09-2019 at 4:16 PM..
Old 04-09-2019, 4:42 PM

I hope PSA wans the only place you try to order from.
Is why I order from 6 different vendors
Old 04-09-2019, 4:46 PM

Oh heavens no, not the only place. I haven't received my official order canceled email, but now it says canceled on their site under orders. Boo.
Old 04-09-2019, 4:50 PM

Interesting, the order I placed on the 5th at approx 11:30 still says processing. I haven't recieved a cancelation email yet either.
Old 04-09-2019, 4:58 PM

CGZ, yes I received that email on a order status check. No official canceled email yet regarding your above post. On psa site for that order says canceled, though the later order went through and is shipped. But is double the weight (compared to the exact order weight from another vender that I have received already).
Old 04-09-2019, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGZ View Post
Interesting, the order I placed on the 5th at approx 11:30 still says processing. I haven't recieved a cancelation email yet either.
My order status is still the same as yours.
Old 04-09-2019, 7:05 PM

Seems since we only had a small window CA orders got priority. Reading a thread on AR15.com and apparently customers were complaining of the wait time for orders. PSA posted the comment that is above in this thread.

I appreciate they brought on more staff and tried to get as many sent to CA as possible. I'll continue to support PSA.
Old 04-09-2019, 7:31 PM

I am happy psa offered us a little bit of freedom for a week and they did what they could to get stuff out. Im just a bit confused I guess:

1st order around 7:15 am on friday all stuff in stock
2nd order 5 mins later, all in stock
2nd order gets shipped
1st order get canceled

That is what doesn't make sense. But there are a bunch of other stuff I'm going through and can't spend 100% brain power on this right now.

At the end of the day, it is what it is, 2nd ordered package is heavier then it should be so hopefully they combined in one package? I'll find out when it comes.
Old 04-09-2019, 7:31 PM

I ordered 3 PMAG 30 Rd AR-15 mags from PSA - received them.
I also ordered 3 PMAG AK-47 30 Rd mags and they sent me 3 metal 30 Rd AR-15 mags instead.
I emailed them back on Monday (after getting tired of waiting on the phone for someone to talk to me) and here it is Tues night and no response.
Wanted to know if they'd fix my order - it was the only place I ordered 30 Rd AK-47 mags from so I got ****ed royally.
Old 04-09-2019, 7:33 PM

Yeah I stopped calling after sitting waiting for over 30 mins each time. Either way, psa did what they could. No fault on them, just wish I'm over thinking this.
Old 04-10-2019, 6:08 PM

Bump, has anyone received their official cancellation email with the 10% discount code yet?
Old 04-10-2019, 6:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panchira! View Post
Bump, has anyone received their official cancellation email with the 10% discount code yet?
No code but did receive my cancelation. Sucks. I ordered on the 30th
Old 04-11-2019, 8:56 AM

Fellas, some PSA orders are still shipping depending on which distrutor/warehouse is still honoring California orders. I had one cancelled earlier and different one shipped today.
Old 04-11-2019, 9:07 AM

I got a cancellation email immediately after I sent them an order status inquiry.
Old 04-11-2019, 9:09 AM
Calguns Addict

That's pretty disappointing from PSA. I guess it is understandable given they were lit up and used as an example by the opposition... it is not like RTG or Charlie Coopers had a Instagram post blown up and printed as evidence... still, I hope you all get your gear. Glad I didn't hit up PSA for this one.
Old 04-11-2019, 9:12 AM

Just got email cancellation a few minutes ago.

Bites....
Old 04-11-2019, 9:26 AM

I just got one as well.
Glad I spread my orders out to multiple vendors who were shipping to us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2019, 9:30 AM

What really sucks is my order was placed Thursday the 4th.
I wonder how they decided what orders to ship, obviously not in order received

Old 04-11-2019, 10:24 AM

Just received the official cancellation email from them. It would seem they were not packing and shipping orders in which they were received. It is what it is, I'm bummed but not upset. PSA did what they could do and that's all there is to it.

IMHO I would ship all orders that were paid and placed before 4:59pm. But that's just me.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker View Post
What really sucks is my order was placed Thursday the 4th.
I wonder how they decided what orders to ship, obviously not in order received

Placed mine Thursday the 4th at around 430pm after I heard about the stay. I was going to go to the Fairfield Gun show to buy them personally on Saturday. Then i find out the Fairfield Gun Show would open a day earlier and sell from 12-5.

My order has been enroute since Saturday and will be arriving tomorrow.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:17 PM

My order placed 4/1 "arrived" but they never actually delivered it. I've started a UPS Investigation as to why their driver delivered my PSA mags but never actually showed up while I was home when they said he dropped it off...

Last edited by Marxman; 04-11-2019 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: Edited for clarity.
Old 04-11-2019, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Thier post

On March 29, 2019, the United States District Court for the Southern District of California held that California Penal Code Section 32310, which banned magazines with a capacity greater than ten rounds, was unconstitutional and enjoined enforcement of that code section.

In keeping with our mission to manufacture firearms and accessories that provide the maximum benefits of freedom at a competitive price point, Palmetto State Armory proudly became one of the first firearms manufacturers in the country to begin accepting and shipping orders for magazines with a capacity greater than ten rounds to the state of California. We were so successful in our effort that the anti-gun, political players in California used our Facebook and Instagram posts as an exhibit in their motion to the court objecting to the decision.

On April 4, 2019, the District Court entered a stay on its initial ruling in order to allow the case to be heard by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals but allowed Californians to continue to purchase magazines until 5:00 pm PST on Friday, April 5. On the advice of legal counsel, and in light of hyper-aggressive tactics and harassment by anti-Second Amendment prosecutors in California who have already referenced Palmetto State Armory, in order to comply with the federal court order only those sales that were processed and shipped by 5:00 pm PSA on Friday April 5, 2019 will be completed.

Unfortunately, despite doubling the personnel and giving our best effort, we were unable to ship all orders that were received. For those orders we could not ship by 5:00 PST we will contact each customer via email and cancel those orders, issue a refund, and provide a 10% coupon code to be used on a future purchase.

Palmetto State Armory has taken this action to comply with the law and the federal court order. If we wish to fight for others to honor constitutional rights, we must honor the law ourselves. But we will not stop here. We will continue to fight to ensure that certain governments comply with the constitutional right to allow its citizens to bear arms.

Palmetto State Armory will file an amicus brief with the Ninth Circuit in support of the District Courtís order. We believe in the individualís right to keep and bear arms, and we agree with Judge Benitez when he says that right should be free from arbitrary government infringement. We will also provide funds to the law firm that is fighting for the Second Amendment in California.

Law-abiding gun owners are the front line of defense not only for themselves and their families but for their communities as well. We proudly stand with them in the fight against infringement through government overreach, not only in California, but all across the United States. 🇺🇸
I didnít receive this email until today.
Old 04-11-2019, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleobill View Post
I didnít receive this email until today.

Same here. What a bummer.
Old 04-11-2019, 8:43 PM

Very disappointed in PSA. Both orders canceled, one placed 3/29 that never moved and a second placed early on the 5th when they claimed everything before 5pm would ship.
RTG and Brownells are rock stars, still waiting on AU.

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-13-2019, 7:56 AM

Anyone got their refund yet? Kind of lame they held on to our money for a week and still no refund.
Old 04-13-2019, 8:54 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Thier post

I did not rely on PSA for any purchases because I questioned if they would really share our sense of urgency. They are famous for taking their sweet time fulfilling orders and I just did not trust them. Turns out, its the best decision I made during freedom week. I feel for those of you that put your trust in PSA and were ultimately screwed over and then offered a laughable 10% off coupon. I hope none of you even think about ever spending another dime with that company.

I think they really damaged their reputation. They started out looking like absolute freedom fighters with their chest held high and ended up with their head between their knees and looking like weak fools. And they let down countless of law abiding CA customers.

The thing that really pisses me off is the following statement...

"Palmetto State Armory has taken this action to comply with the law and the federal court order."

BS. Why would they make such a statement knowing damn well that Brownells and many others did not share that extremely conservative interpretation of the judges order.

You guys want to play it ultra safe, fine, you have every right. But to come out with that statement is the stupidest thing they could have done. They are complete idiots.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor*Cal View Post
I did not rely on PSA for any purchases because I questioned if they would really share our sense of urgency. They are famous for taking their sweet time fulfilling orders and I just did not trust them. Turns out, its the best decision I made during freedom week. I feel for those of you that put your trust in PSA and were ultimately screwed over and then offered a laughable 10% off coupon. I hope none of you even think about ever spending another dime with that company.

I think they really damaged their reputation. They started out looking like absolute freedom fighters with their chest held high and ended up with their head between their knees and looking like weak fools. And they let down countless of law abiding CA customers.

The thing that really pisses me off is the following statement...

"Palmetto State Armory has taken this action to comply with the law and the federal court order."

BS. Why would they make such a statement knowing damn well that Brownells and many others did not share that extremely conservative interpretation of the judges order.

You guys want to play it ultra safe, fine, you have every right. But to come out with that statement is the stupidest thing they could have done. They are complete idiots.
I agree and well said.

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-13-2019, 10:21 AM

It sucks, but we all knew the probability of this happening was high and the reason we spread our orders out over multiple vendors.

I got my PSA order, but I really dont blame them. CA's laws are ****e and a week window isnt very much time for a business to mobilize the way the nation did.

We just gotta keep fighting these laws to untangle the bull**** so this doesnt keep happening. I still support PSA and I understand their point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2019, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwinters14 View Post
It sucks, but we all knew the probability of this happening was high and the reason we spread our orders out over multiple vendors.

I got my PSA order, but I really dont blame them. CA's laws are ****e and a week window isnt very much time for a business to mobilize the way the nation did.

We just gotta keep fighting these laws to untangle the bull**** so this doesnt keep happening. I still support PSA and I understand their point.

No, no we didn't, not PSA. This is the company that gave the court an affidavit proving they were selling LCM's to CA customers. You would think they were steadfast in their push for freedom.

To do that and then cancel orders including orders placed on March 29th is chicken ****.

And we need to stop this "can't blame them, CA law...." BS. The law was on our side. They do not get a free pass on this one. F them.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:57 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
No, no we didn't, not PSA. This is the company that gave the court an affidavit proving they were selling LCM's to CA customers. You would think they were steadfast in their push for freedom.

To do that and then cancel orders including orders placed on March 29th is chicken ****.

And we need to stop this "can't blame them, CA law...." BS. The law was on our side. They do not get a free pass on this one. F them.
Not that it matters, because they could have overruled the lawyer... but you know it was a lawyer's call.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member

So if most sellers jump off a cliff then all sellers have to jump like lemmings?

No one knows with a high degree of certainty what happens if the district court judgment is reversed and 32310 us upheld. Although there are strong arguments to be made for why it should not then be enforced, their is a risk that it will be enforced. Ask a number of lawyers for an opinion of what will happen and you will get as many different answers as there are lawyers. PSA obviously chose not to risk prosecution at some later date should enforcement go forward for those magazines shipped after 5 P.M. of April 5.

Their decision may have turned on when the sales transaction is deemed to have occurred. It could be held that it hadn't occurred until the time of shipment. What if the buyer had an unfettered right to cancel their order without penalty until shipment? I would think the time of sale would still be when the order was made and paid for, since shipping was in control of the seller. Who even knows what Florida law is on the point? You also have to consider the terms you agreed to when ordering from PSA. I haven't and am not going to look at them.
I never practiced criminal nor firearms law.Do not rely on my post, but consult your own attorney.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:33 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

PSA impressed me with my order. I won't hesitate to order from them again. I ordered on the 4th and my package came in on the 9th.
What have you done for 2A lately?

Old 04-13-2019, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crufflers View Post
Not that it matters, because they could have overruled the lawyer... but you know it was a lawyer's call.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy65 View Post
So if most sellers jump off a cliff then all sellers have to jump like lemmings?

No one knows with a high degree of certainty what happens if the district court judgment is reversed and 32310 us upheld. Although there are strong arguments to be made for why it should not then be enforced, their is a risk that it will be enforced. Ask a number of lawyers for an opinion of what will happen and you will get as many different answers as there are lawyers. PSA obviously chose not to risk prosecution at some later date should enforcement go forward for those magazines shipped after 5 P.M. of April 5.

Their decision may have turned on when the sales transaction is deemed to have occurred. It could be held that it hadn't occurred until the time of shipment. What if the buyer had an unfettered right to cancel their order without penalty until shipment? I would think the time of sale would still be when the order was made and paid for, since shipping was in control of the seller. Who even knows what Florida law is on the point? You also have to consider the terms you agreed to when ordering from PSA. I haven't and am not going to look at them.
You are like an uncle I have with selective hearing. You only read what you want to hear.

Oh, welcome back by the way.

You completely ignored my point. And I'm not a customer. I explained that pretty clearly since I did not trust them with my business.

I give no ****s as to why they made the decision they did. It's their idiotic statement that pisses me off.

Again, f them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danodog View Post
PSA impressed me with my order. I won't hesitate to order from them again. I ordered on the 4th and my package came in on the 9th.
Typical. You got yours so who gives a **** about those that got screwed. Great mentality to have. You are a great fit for the great state of California.
Old 04-13-2019, 2:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

Typical. You got yours so who gives a **** about those that got screwed. Great mentality to have. You are a great fit for the great state of California.

I had one of my orders cancelled and I didn't come crying to Calguns. I simply gave my experience and you threw out an insult. I guess you are more important than most of us.
What have you done for 2A lately?