Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2019, 7:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Discussion of Faith or not OP should keep the title family friendly as is shows up in "New Posts" searches.

You would think here of all places people would understand that.

That being said My wife says it's absolutely a sin, but the gal down the street thinks it's a sacrament.

J/K. Obviously

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Old 03-10-2019, 7:39 PM
I need a LIFE!!

well its an unnatural act same with BJ , TF, APF,toejobs ,even a handy
Old 03-10-2019, 7:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
Discussion of Faith or not OP should keep the title family friendly as is shows up in "New Posts" searches.

That being said My wife says it's absolutely a sin, but the gal down the street thinks it's a sacrament.

J/K. Obviously
Sodomy is the most family friendly way to say it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Not at all. Trump is a loser and will lose amazingly on Tuesday. It's going to be so big, we are all going to be sick and tired of how much he loses on Tuesday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Nah, no sense in replying to the personal attacks/baiting.
Old 03-10-2019, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post

J/K. Obviously

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2019, 8:01 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy View Post
Maybe, but he could have left it out of the title and addressed it in the text.

Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Old 03-10-2019, 8:02 PM

No one pointed out any attacks because I made no attacks. I asked for your forgiveness and you said no. It is not possible for you to lecture me on Christianity.
Old 03-11-2019, 5:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMCLAP View Post
No one pointed out any attacks because I made no attacks. I asked for your forgiveness and you said no. It is not possible for you to lecture me on Christianity.
Who is this addressed to?

“Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God…” Martin Luther
Old 03-11-2019, 7:45 AM

Bill,

I think it is addressed to you.
Old 03-11-2019, 8:16 AM

I apologized for hurting his feelings. Not because I have a different point of view. And what happened to 70 ×7? You dont have to because you have a point?
Old 03-11-2019, 9:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eta34 View Post
Bill,

I think it is addressed to you.
Probably, but I got admonished by him for my first response that assumed that he was responding to the post I just made, so I would be remiss to assume that again.

“Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason- I do not accept the authority of popes and councils [i.e. any man]- my conscience is captive to the Word of God…” Martin Luther
Old 03-11-2019, 10:20 AM

There are only 2 laws after Jesus came:

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and strength;

And,

Love your neighbor as you love yourself...” Luke 10:27

I think if you follow those two laws then God doesn’t really care what you and your wife do as long as both are willing participants.

YMMV

IANAL

IANAP

Blessings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 03-11-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
I apologized for hurting his feelings. Not because I have a different point of view. And what happened to 70 ×7? You dont have to because you have a point?
You're right, you did apologize / ask forgiveness for hurting my feelings. You continued to push your opinion that my feelings were the issue when I had responded to you multiple times that my feelings were not / are not involved. So, you set up an untrue straw dog and apologize / ask forgiveness for your untrue straw dog.

But, you ignored your attacks, which are sin:

"Our opinions and speculations even with cherry picked scriptures are pharisaical rules of our own concoctions."

"Doh. Struck a nerve I guess."

"An attack?? That's hilarious. … You took it upon yourself to be offended and then had another of your epic temper tantrums. "

You are hiding behind your keyboard by claiming that even though something is an obvious attack, since you didn't mention my name, you're safe.

So, no, I did not accept an apology simply directed at supposed, but not true, hurt feelings.

But, the stuff I quoted above, that you can repent of.

And, I'll add (via edit), you can have the last word.

God bless (1 Peter 3:9),

Last edited by billvau; 03-11-2019 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: additional thought.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:56 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by billvau View Post
First, Heb. 13:4 doesn't apply to this. It covers adultery, etc.

Second, marriage serves several purposes. One of the most important is that it models/shows Christ's love for the church (Eph. 5:25-33). That is sacrificial love, by the way (but more than that too).

Third, sex is a wedding gift and serves two purposes - procreation and pleasure for BOTH spouses.

Fourth, love is sacrificial (Eph. 5:1-2). Everything you do in marriage is to be sacrificial (husbands are commanded this in Eph. 5:25f - even to illustrated by how we take care of our own body). Sacrificial - not selfish.

Fifth, your body / her body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit. Your most basic identification as a Christian is being "in Christ" and "Christ in you." (e.g. Col. 1:17; Eph. 1:3-14; 1 Cor. 6).

Sixth, we are never ever ever to ask another Christian to violate their conscience (1 Cor. 8, 1 Cor. 10, Romans 14).

Last, God designed the male and female body with parts that serve specific purposes. The proper use of the body does not involve pain or damage. The proper use of the body for sex brings great/most pleasure - to BOTH at the same time (obviously assuming no health issues).

So, is there a verse that says, "Thou shalt not..."? No. But, the Bible is clear on what is proper sex, what is proper use of the body, what is proper love (sacrificial), proper relationships (not violating consciences), etc.

there's probably more biblical principles I missed, but I've finished my coffee break. If more come to mind, I'll post again.

If you go through that list, you'll find oral to most likely be OK for most couples. Anal fails all of them on the list. Read all the passages I quoted and think them through carefully. To me, Ephesians 5:25-33 is brutal and so is 1 Cor. 6:19-20...

Eph. 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, 26 so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless. 28 So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself; 29 for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church, 30 because we are members of His body. 31 FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND SHALL BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH. 32 This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.

1 Cor. 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.
This was probably the best I addressing my questions thank you. I figured you would be the person with best answer. As with most CGN threads you have to separate the wheat from the chaff and ignore the trolls.

Now I kind of understand why I've heard a chruch say oral was OK but not anal. I've actually known a couple of women that enjoy it so I would think if in a marriage and done with care it isn't sinful.

I'm surprised nobody spoke on it from a Catholic perspective or Orthodox Jewish or different denominations. Really I only care for myself what the Bible says about it though.

I have no idea what Mormons think but they tend to have large families so I figure they have some sort of sex is for procreation only thing going on maybe.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:14 AM

Wow! Just... Wow!

There are plenty of sick and twisted forms of sexuality that are condoned in the Bible so it's the last place I'd look for guidance on sexuality. Stick with what's ethical and consensual -- don't sweat the rest. If it's ethical and consensual, then it's nobody else's business -- not even God's. The God of the Bible is a horrible judge of what's right and wrong in the bedroom.

If you're having marital issues over it, then talk to a good therapist.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:21 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVShooter View Post
Wow! Just... Wow!

There are plenty of sick and twisted forms of sexuality that are condoned in the Bible so it's the last place I'd look for guidance on sexuality. Stick with what's ethical and consensual -- don't sweat the rest. If it's ethical and consensual, then it's nobody else's business -- not even God's. The God of the Bible is a horrible judge of what's right and wrong in the bedroom.

If you're having marital issues over it, then talk to a good therapist.
This is discussions of faith subforum so naturally there is going to be a lot of people here that do want to follow the Bible's teaching on this. What do you mean by the Bible condoning sick and twisted sex acts?
Old 03-11-2019, 1:15 PM
From anotha motha
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Seems disingenuous to me. Sounded like one of those "I'm sorry you got offended, you thin-skinned snowflake " type apologies. And then you trolled him for not "forgiving" you. I could be mistaken, but I think even Stevie Wonder can see this trolling.

Basically, by accepting your "apology ", you want him to acknowledge that he's thin-skinned. And if he doesn't forgive, then he's not being a good Christian. Clever plot.
Old 03-11-2019, 1:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Old 03-11-2019, 2:16 PM

The level of boo hoo here is epic. I'm just going to go back to the begining and restate that there are no laws, rules, or commandments guiding what married couples can or can't do in the bedroom. The marriage bed in NOT defiled. Adding laws that were not there was exactly what the Pharisees did and Jesus railed against them for what they did to the people. Apologies withdrawn.
Old 03-11-2019, 2:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
yeah not really.

some PG euphemisms:

backdoor boogie
fifth base
going greek
hershey highway
choo choo to bumhaven
backside glide
Old 03-11-2019, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Swan View Post
This was probably the best I addressing my questions thank you. I figured you would be the person with best answer. As with most CGN threads you have to separate the wheat from the chaff and ignore the trolls.

Now I kind of understand why I've heard a chruch say oral was OK but not anal. I've actually known a couple of women that enjoy it so I would think if in a marriage and done with care it isn't sinful.

I'm surprised nobody spoke on it from a Catholic perspective or Orthodox Jewish or different denominations. Really I only care for myself what the Bible says about it though.

I have no idea what Mormons think but they tend to have large families so I figure they have some sort of sex is for procreation only thing going on maybe.
I'm glad it helped you. It was good for me to think it through too. We always prefer an obvious "Thou shall not..." but that's not the way God's Word works most of the time. And, it's good to regularly reason from Scripture as Christ did in the Gospels. Paul is another great example to learn from (Romans 9-11 especially). I just got done teaching how Peter did it in 1 Peter 2:1-10.

I, too, am surprised that you didn't get other perspectives. I have a close Mormon friend that I bike race with every Saturday morning. If I remember, I'll ask him this week. He loves to debate beliefs and hear the biblical perspective.

And, yes, you'd expect a lot of chaff on a post like this! I commend you for being willing to ask! You've got my prayers now!

Have a blessed day!

Bill

Old 03-11-2019, 3:47 PM

How about instead, we follow the most basic of tenants, the Ten Commandments?

#5 should state, "Honor you father and your mother AND your spouse."

If you both want to dress up like animals and get funky, who cares.
If you both enjoy dabbling in the less than mainstream, who cares.
If you both are raging horndogs that do it three times a day, who cares.

If she likes it in all three holes, and you enjoy it too, what's the problem?

Keep your private life private and honor the sanctity of marriage. If others don't like it, they can pound sand.
Old 03-11-2019, 4:03 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Geez, lots of butt hurt in this thread.
Old 03-11-2019, 4:26 PM
Veteran Member

Being someone who is in the process of coming out of one religion that teaches drinking alcoholic beverages is a sin, based on what the Bible says (wine is a mocker, wine is a roaring lion) while ignoring commands (THOU SHALTs) in the Law that command giving fermented wine to the Priests during a sacrifice.
A religion that sometimes teaches that eating meat does not prepare one for Heaven, while ignoring commands (THOU SHALTs) for the Priests and others to eat meat.
So, I tend to be very leery and cautious when told that, No it's not in the Law, but you can find it in the rest of the Bible.
The Almighty God gave 613/615 laws at Sinai. If it wasn't important enough to be included in the Law, it's probably not important.
Old 03-11-2019, 4:45 PM
From anotha motha
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Old 03-11-2019, 5:10 PM

Location: Sage (eastern edge of Temecula Wine Country), Southwest Riverside County

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
All that Sodomy and radical, no holes barred, butt sex tends to do that to people.
Old 03-11-2019, 5:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

If we follow the actions of the Vatican and catholic priests as the role model....

it should be fine

http://bfy.tw/MhZv

“Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.”
— Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 03-11-2019, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. J Beezy View Post
There are only 2 laws after Jesus came:

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and strength;

And,

Love your neighbor as you love yourself...” Luke 10:27

I think if you follow those two laws then God doesn’t really care what you and your wife do as long as both are willing participants.

YMMV

IANAL

IANAP

Blessings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
'Yeah that.
Old 03-11-2019, 6:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingransom View Post
Dude this is a website for firearms enthusiasts. Don't post ridiculous s*** like this, all it does is pollutes the goddamn threads. gamers and flakes are ready polluting calguns enough in destroying it, I don't really need to come on here and look to see what's for sale or read news about the firearms industry only to have you ask people if it's okay to f*** your wife in the ***. Take your post down
Somebody won't be here long.

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Peace, love, and heavy weapons. Sometimes you have to be insistent." - David Lee Roth
Old 03-11-2019, 6:20 PM

With your own wife/wives? So long as everyone is good to go, then there is nothing to indicate that Odin cares.

Now, with your neighbor's wife/wives? Blood insult and that has serious consequences.

“Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the illusion of near-infinite possibility to erase the narrow confines of most men's reality. Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final.”

Hunter S. Thompson
The Great Shark Hunt: Strange Tales From a Strange Time
Old 03-11-2019, 6:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volksgrenadier View Post
With your own wife/wives? So long as everyone is good to go, then there is nothing to indicate that Odin cares.

Now, with your neighbor's wife/wives? Blood insult and that has serious consequences.
lol, love the literal take on the thread title.

op, maybe change the title to something like "Is it a sin to partake of the backdoor with my wife during intercourse?"

... so folks like volks dont take it the wrong way.
Old 03-11-2019, 6:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYT View Post
lol, love the literal take on the thread title.

op, maybe change the title to something like "Is it a sin to partake of the backdoor with my wife during intercourse?"

... so folks like volks dont take it the wrong way.
LOLOL. Sorry, I was just trying to clarify that rear ending your wife/wives while doing the mattress dance is not an issue to Odin.
“Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the illusion of near-infinite possibility to erase the narrow confines of most men's reality. Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final.”

Hunter S. Thompson
The Great Shark Hunt: Strange Tales From a Strange Time
Old 03-11-2019, 6:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
Some people really need to loosen up a bit.
Quote:
LOLOL. Sorry, I was just trying to clarify that rear ending your wife/wives while doing the mattress dance is not an issue to Odin.
They are Christians, they don't care about any belief that is not in their bible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Not at all. Trump is a loser and will lose amazingly on Tuesday. It's going to be so big, we are all going to be sick and tired of how much he loses on Tuesday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Nah, no sense in replying to the personal attacks/baiting.

Last edited by mossy; 03-11-2019 at 6:50 PM..
Old 03-11-2019, 6:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Father, I have sinned ,Father I will continue to sin
Old 03-11-2019, 9:50 PM

Death: To suddenly stop sinning.
Old 03-12-2019, 2:49 PM

Location: Sage (eastern edge of Temecula Wine Country), Southwest Riverside County

The greater the sin, the greater is God's forgiveness when you repent, and the greater the forgiveness, the more sin free you are. And the more sin free you are, the closer you are to Heaven.

So bend over, baby, I'm butt f**king my way to Paradise!

It's a different kind of "rapture", if you know what I mean.
Old 03-12-2019, 3:15 PM
I need a LIFE!!

So is Sodomy a sin because it is a form of birth control?

Old 03-12-2019, 9:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUTCH 7.62 View Post
So is Sodomy a sin because it is a form of birth control?
According to some religions yes I can see that.
Old 03-12-2019, 9:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I couldn't think of a more appropriate way to say it and it is in the proper subforum.
Old 03-12-2019, 9:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Some people really need to loosen up a bit.

They are Christians, they don't care about any belief that is not in their bible.
For myself yes but I am actually curious what other religions may feel. Would you care to fill us in on what Buddhism says about this if anything?
Old 03-12-2019, 9:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
You are some sort of Odinist or Ásatrú? I think Wiccans have sex at their church or whatever you call it but never really thought about what Heathens think about sodomy. Sorry if I'm using wrong terms I'm far from an expert in any of that.