Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns Expatriates
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Expatriates For members who have left California but remain Calgunners

Old 08-29-2019, 10:04 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widdle View Post
Do you know 6mmintl? Salty old Marine.... I miss him.
Ran into him at the Idaho State Lever-gun Silhouette Championships, August 3rd. He lives in or around Star, ID, so not close to Idaho Falls.

Back to the tread topic - I left Northern Cal for Star, ID last March. Looking for a dove and duck hunting partner, so if you're in the Boise area and want to get together, drop me a line. I am planning on going up to the Montour WMA for the dove opener this weekend, and would welcome some company.

"Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."

Last edited by bigbossman; 08-29-2019 at 10:09 AM..
Old 09-12-2019, 10:13 AM

Been in Overland Park, KS just over a year now. Loving every minute of it. One of my neighbors has some land south of Johnson County where we go shoot quite often. It's constitutional carry here, but since we're so close to Missouri, the wife and I applied for our CCW permits, and were approved immediately.

Had the displeasure of going back to CA to pick up our boat back in March. We were planning on spending a week in the Bay Area to visit friends and family. I lasted about 72 hours. Luckily we drove two vehicles, so I took my truck and boat, my 6 year old son, and my cousin, and GTFO, leaving my wife, other two kids, and my mom there for four more days. As soon as we crossed into Nevada, I felt like I had to wash the CA stench off of me.

I'll never forget the feeling of pure liberation the minute I crossed into NV when we moved last year. Couldn't put words to it.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:41 PM
Veteran Member

North Texas since 02.15

XL-650 to feed the: .45ACP's Les Baer Concept V, Ruger SR 1911, Ruger Nightwatchman,custom built Colt M1911, Springfield .45ACP Loaded.. 9MM SA Range Officer,Ruger P-85, Springfield Stainless 9MM loaded, SA 9MM 5.25" XDM, Springfield 9mm Stainless Range Officer, STI double stack .45ACP.
IDPA A41750 Safety Officer
NRA Certified RSO
"Stay out of the deep end of the pool; correct the problem with your credit card, not your dremel!"
Old 09-14-2019, 9:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief-7700 View Post
North Texas since 02.15
DFW area since 11/15.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:45 AM

Montana territory since 10/16
Old 09-17-2019, 5:40 PM

MT in 07, ID in June of 18, good life here in the Twin. It's a different life outside of Cali and a lot like it was there when I was young. To bad that the toad piss breath people ruined it.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
Montana territory since 10/16
Lived in Big Pine, CA my whole life; been in Libby, MT since 12/17.
Old 09-29-2019, 7:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerHansa View Post
Lived in Big Pine, CA my whole life; been in Libby, MT since 12/17.
I still need to head up that way to check it out (I live in Missoula). I have a coworker that lives in the Trout Creek area who is always posting pictures on Facebook of her hikes. Beautiful country. Hope you enjoyed the September snow.

Last edited by chris10; 09-29-2019 at 7:40 PM..
Old 09-29-2019, 8:14 PM

Been in Nampa for 3 weeks now loving it so far.
Old 09-30-2019, 1:53 PM

Holy cow, there's a lot of people that moved to Canyon County on here. I've been in Nampa Idaho since 2016 and in the last year it's gotten nuts here, it's really like an invasion now. Traffic is so bad and so many new homes are being added in with minimal improvements to the infrastructure that we're actually talking about moving out into the sticks like Melba or Homedale.

Looks like we might have a cold winter this year, already hit freezing last night so hopefully it will send some of the undesirable Californians back or kick them to Arizona

Last edited by joe_sun; 09-30-2019 at 2:00 PM..
Old 09-30-2019, 2:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_sun View Post
Holy cow, there's a lot of people that moved to Canyon County on here. I've been in Nampa Idaho since 2016 and in the last year it's gotten nuts here, it's really like an invasion now. Traffic is so bad and so many new homes are being added in with minimal improvements to the infrastructure that we're actually talking about moving out into the sticks like Melba or Homedale.

Looks like we might have a cold winter this year, already hit freezing last night so hopefully it will send some of the undesirable Californians back or kick them to Arizona
The traffic here is nothing compared to Sacramento it's a nice change.
Old 09-30-2019, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Hound View Post
The traffic here is nothing compared to Sacramento it's a nice change.
Oh I get it, I was born and raised in Sacramento and lived there though the East Coast and Bay Area invasions. I watched the conservative town I love turn into the steaming pile of liberal excrement that it is right now.

I've also seen Nampa Idaho change radically over a 3 year period of time and I'm having flashbacks of what happened to Sacramento. So while it's better than Excramento it sucks compared to what it used to be.

I really hope that the majority of the people moving here want to keep Idaho Idaho and not turn it into California.
Old 09-30-2019, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Oh I get it, I was born and raised in Sacramento and lived there though the East Coast and Bay Area invasions. I watched the conservative town I love turn into the steaming pile of liberal excrement that it is right now.

I've also seen Nampa Idaho change radically over a 3 year period of time and I'm having flashbacks of what happened to Sacramento. So while it's better than Excramento it sucks compared to what it used to be.

I really hope that the majority of the people moving here want to keep Idaho Idaho and not turn it into California.
Well, I assure you I am not here to change anything but the life i live.
Old 09-30-2019, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Well, I assure you I am not here to change anything but the life i live.
Sorry if you took it to mean I was referring to you, most anyone from a gun forum isn't going to want to bring Sacramento to Boise but there are a lot of people moving here that I see with California plates and I'm with Her or Bernie stickers on their cars. One of my thankfully no longer working for the company co-workers was the worst kind of Californian that everyone hated. I had a talk with her and told her that crap wouldn't fly here, she's going to have to change if she wants to be successful and she told me she won't change, Eff them if they can't deal with it.

Just remember, you now need to tell everyone Idaho sucks. It's freezing cold, we have the plague and Idahoans are mean.
Old 09-30-2019, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Sorry if you took it to mean I was referring to you, most anyone from a gun forum isn't going to want to bring Sacramento to Boise but there are a lot of people moving here that I see with California plates and I'm with Her or Bernie stickers on their cars. One of my thankfully no longer working for the company co-workers was the worst kind of Californian that everyone hated. I had a talk with her and told her that crap wouldn't fly here, she's going to have to change if she wants to be successful and she told me she won't change, Eff them if they can't deal with it.

Just remember, you now need to tell everyone Idaho sucks. It's freezing cold, we have the plague and Idahoans are mean.
No offense taken gig not think you meant me, just stating where i stand.
Old 10-03-2019, 9:06 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Hey, Arizona is not Idaho's waste receptacle. Leave your trash right where it is.
Old 10-03-2019, 7:25 PM

Moved to Tucson in June; it is just gorgeous over here.

Great off road trails, great food, inexpensive, and the friendliest 2A laws; what is there not to love?
Old 10-09-2019, 7:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack956 View Post
Hey, Arizona is not Idaho's waste receptacle. Leave your trash right where it is.
Today in Nampa it's snowing! We also have a high wind advisory. There's going to be zero accumulation but flakes are coming down. I'm thinking this is going to be a COLD winter, prepare for the California->Idaho->Arizona transplants
Old 10-09-2019, 7:02 AM

Quote:
Today in Nampa it's snowing! We also have a high wind advisory. There's going to be zero accumulation but flakes are coming down. I'm thinking this is going to be a COLD winter, prepare for the California->Idaho->Arizona transplants
I have sun on my side and the wind went away
Old 10-09-2019, 8:01 AM

Quote:
I have sun on my side and the wind went away
You'll soon learn why we say, "Don't like the weather? Wait 15 minutes"

Unless there's an inversion then it just sucks.. winter or summer.

Last edited by joe_sun; 10-09-2019 at 8:03 AM..
Old 10-09-2019, 9:04 AM

Quote:
You'll soon learn why we say, "Don't like the weather? Wait 15 minutes"

Unless there's an inversion then it just sucks.. winter or summer.

Isnt the change every 10 min.
Old 10-09-2019, 9:38 AM

Quote:
Isnt the change every 10 min.
Sometimes it sure feels like it! I've gone from boots, jeans and a winter jacket to shorts and a T shirt in the span of a few hours

Over the "summer" we were all in shorts and Tshirts and headed out to my in-laws farm. Half way there a storm came in and dumped rain so we were running from the car to their house in summer gear as it's pouring around us.

There's that other saying, Idaho where the weather forecast is made up and the seasons don't matter

Last edited by joe_sun; 10-09-2019 at 11:36 AM..
Old 10-10-2019, 10:02 AM
Veteran Member

Cheyenne, WY

BTW, first snow of the season last night and this morning. Got 3-6" of powder depending on the area. Got to drive to work in the snow this morning, which was my first time. Not too bad but we'll see what happens when we get a dig dumper of a snow storm later this winter/spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorris7556 View Post
They teach you secret stuff I can't mention on line.

Last edited by omgwtfbbq; 10-10-2019 at 10:04 AM..
Old 10-11-2019, 2:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
As of June 15th 2019 in unincorporated Canyon County Idaho just outside of Middleton.
Ditto. Star is going to build up tremendously over the next 10 years; Middleton not so much, but within easy drive of all the important stuff: D&B Supply, HD, Lowes, Tractor Supply.
Old 10-11-2019, 2:13 AM

Quote:
That was a tough day. We had a morning Steel Challenge match in Parma; 40 degrees (not bad), but gusts to 20+ mph. Layers are your friend.
Old 10-11-2019, 6:19 AM

Born and raised in California. Spent most of my life in Napa. Moved to the Cold Springs area ( Reno) in Nevada this year. Couldn’t be happier.
Joshua 24:15.
Old 12-21-2019, 7:07 PM

15 miles south of Waco. Recently found out the nearest town has an improvement plan that includes a housing tract of almost 300 houses on quarter to half acre lots and rezoning alot of land along the highway to commercial use. That's about 3-1/2 miles away. We have a plan to look for new digs in 4 or 5 years, after the property values creep up in response to the development. We currently have just under 20 acres with our home up on the highest hill (really just 40' higher than the surrounding area) in the neighborhood. Our realtor, who has become buddies with my wife, has asked to represent us when the time comes; she sees the local real estate market getting smoking hot before then.