Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Gunsmithing & How To
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gunsmithing & How To Pro, Amateur & WECSOG and Tutorials, Guides & OLL Build Instructions

Old 07-25-2019, 11:05 AM

Default The Precision Riflesmith - Gunsmith Mike Bryant Documentary

This isn't a "How To Gunsmith" post, but it's a film about a gunsmith, so wanted to share this film I did about Mike Bryant, called The Precision Riflesmith.

If you use Google chrome, you can watch it in 4k. It's had 10,000 views so far on Facebook.

I'm an actor/writer/director from Canada and now live in LA. I'm also a gunnut and a hunter. That doesn't win me any popularity contests here in Hollywood, but I decided to use what I know about film, television, and branding (from my previous career in advertising), to make artistic films that shine a positive light on guns and hunting. Special interest groups are making content to normalize their causes. We need to do the same.

I'd love to do more films about people who hunt and shoot, and the traditions and heritage they hope to preserve and pass on. I'd also like to tell the stories of the people who make the gear we use, who have turned their passion into a business and shaped the industry. There are many legends I would like to cover, before they are lost.

I'm also interested in doing on producing an online course on gunsmithing if any of you veterans are interested.
Old 07-26-2019, 6:15 PM

thanks for sharing this.

what a great idea to showcase and archive some of the greats. i hope you get the opportunity to pursue this.

i do believe that their are a lot of people of note in the Hollywood area that enjoy the sport...though they might be a bit remiss in advertising their passion.
Old 07-28-2019, 7:08 AM

Awesome work. You and your work would be great as an ambassador for the shooting sports.
Old 08-21-2019, 1:36 PM

Very cool, thanks for sharing. I hope you get a chance to do more films on the subject.