Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Holsters, Equipment and Accessories Questions, answers and discussions regarding equipment specific to concealed carry.

Old 08-05-2019, 1:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Updated post#1: White Hat Holster retention issue rectified by maker. Thanks so much!

ZERO retention out of the box. I need a heat gun to adjust retention and they talk about this like itís a tool they expect everyone to have.

So add the cost of a heat gun to the price of the holster. The $60 holster is now a $90-$100 Half Kydex holster. Add a few more bucks and I can get a Milt Sparks instead. This one is going back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: Issue has been fixed at no cost to me by www.whitehatholsters.com. They sent me a new Kydex part so all I had to do was swap them out of the leather backing. 5 minutes and I was GTG. I was told I can keep the old part.

Happy customer here. Iíll get a IWB holster for my SP101 next.

Thank you Tony, Leanna and everyone at WHH

Last edited by SnWnMe; 08-12-2019 at 2:13 PM.. Reason: Updated. Resolved by WHH!
Old 08-05-2019, 1:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Video.

Old 08-06-2019, 7:55 AM

Welcome to the club!

I ordered one from Whitehat around 7 years ago. I wish I still had the pic because it was even worse than yours. I contacted them and they told me the same thing, get a heat gun bla bla. I had a heat gun but it was obvious a heat gun couldn't fix mine. I really think they sent me the wrong holster. Anyway I went back and forth with them, sent them a bunch of pictures and they finally agreed to refund my money.
Old 08-06-2019, 7:59 AM
Calguns Addict

I don't understand how it fits in your hat??? Does it also work on Black hats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Default White Hat Holster: disappointing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
I don't understand how it fits in your hat??? Does it also work on Black hats?

When I was but a young Petty Officer I wore a Dixie Cup. Thatís why I bought a White Hat holster

Later on my hat was khaki

Old 08-06-2019, 4:56 PM
Honorary MLC
CGN Contributor

I've got several White Hat's. No problems with them at all, carry every single day.
Old 08-07-2019, 5:10 PM

I've got just the opposite problem. Too tight. Took three tugs to get the pistol out the first 5 or so practice draws. Still very tight and sometimes takes two tugs. Also, on that model the safety on 1911's gets hung up on the top leather pad while re-holstering making it a pain in the neck. I think they might be best with a Glock. This particular model is not a good design. I had to loosen up the leather in in all directions to make the thing work with my EMP. Still not great. Never had any problems with my DeSantis holsters. Don't know why I thought less expensive would be good. Get what you pay for!
Old 08-07-2019, 5:29 PM

Many companies got on the Kydex Bandwagon & started making crap.
A few do know what they're doing. Raven Concealment is one of the best.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:41 AM

Default Reply from White Hat Holsters

Hey everyone. Just a quick note to let you know we hear you and I believe we are working on a replacement for yours now. It is disheartening to hear so many negative experiences. We strive for the best possible fit and a medium retention on all our holsters. There are a lot of factors that effect overall retention in this holster including gun model, carry position, body types, accessories, as well as personal preference. What is good for one is not always good for another but that is why we guarantee it. We no longer recommend out of the box that the customer adjust retention with a heat gun unless they want to. Otherwise we will replace it right away, or replace it if there modification does not solve the problem. If anyone has issues with their holster that are un-addressed, we would love the opportunity to correct it. If there is anything else we can do please let us know. I value your feedback very much and appreciate the honest insight. if we don't know, we can't fix it. Thanks y'all. Have a great day! Tony Farah.
support@whitehatholsters.com
Old 08-08-2019, 2:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Hi Tony, I held back updating to the replies here until WHH has made good on what Leanna told me after I emailed support.
Old 08-12-2019, 2:12 PM
Calguns Addict

TTT with update. Read the original post. Thank you Tony and staff at WHH!