Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > Temp Post-Duncan Mag Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 8:11 PM

Default Can I give Mag Away?

So, a very good friend has a birthday coming up, he missed the time to buy those evil magazines. Can I legally give him one of the magazine’s I bought during the legal period as a birthday present ?
Thank You.
Old 04-21-2019, 8:13 PM

Not unless your friend lives out of state.

But are you sure your friend didn't get some during the window?
Old 04-21-2019, 8:13 PM

Not unless you are not in CA.
Old 04-21-2019, 8:14 PM

I seem to recall your friend saying he bought some at a local gun store during the window.
Old 04-21-2019, 8:18 PM

Pretty sure your good friend had a boat that sunk that he found too.
Old 04-21-2019, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDnewbieshooter View Post
Not unless your friend lives out of state.

But are you sure your friend didn't get some during the window?
Unfortunately we are both doing time here in The People’s Republic of California, I am positive he did not buy any, plus after reading a post a couple of pages,,,,, he has a “fixed magazine” AR,,, guess he is hosed all the way around!

Thanks for info all, but, two years from retirement and not going to play the odds,,,,,
Old 04-21-2019, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangojay View Post
Unfortunately we are both doing time here in The People’s Republic of California, I am positive he did not buy any, plus after reading a post a couple of pages,,,,, he has a “fixed magazine” AR,,, guess he is hosed all the way around!

Thanks for info all, but, two years from retirement and not going to play the odds,,,,,
You don't know how to look a gift horse in the mouth do you? i guess he's not that great of a "friend".

So the answer is.... No you cannot. He would have to convert from fixed mag to featureless though, if he did "happen to buy" some mags during freedom week.

Quote:
I try to frame my response to be useful to those observing, with little regard to convince the opponent of my awesomeness. - EM2
Quote:
But that wasn't enough for the liberal douches. They just had to go after the grandfathered mags... And look what it got them. - L84CABO
Quote:
The media silence says more than their filthy lies - MrFancyPants
Quote:
The prosecutor only needed 5/7 jurors on board and couldn't even do that. - stix213
Old 04-21-2019, 8:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
So, a very good friend has a birthday coming up, he missed the time to buy those evil magazines. Can I legally give him one of the magazine’s I bought during the legal period as a birthday present ?
Thank You.
Not legally, no.
Old 04-21-2019, 8:44 PM
Code Monkey
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Unfortunately we are both doing time here in The People’s Republic of California, I am positive he did not buy any
Old 04-21-2019, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenemae View Post
Uh,,, yup,,,,, hey, I told him and then I asked him 2 days after the window closed and he gave me the uh fudge!! look,,,,

What is even worse,,,, I sent him a photo of mine in my M-4 ,,,
Old 04-21-2019, 9:40 PM
Banned

I could be wrong, but I think the whole point of the facepalm is that you actually posted the question on a public forum instead of relying on the state's burden of proof in a system of due process.
Old 04-21-2019, 9:44 PM
Banned

In Freedom Week, your friend could've found a mag laying on the side of the road (possibly from a UA delivery...yeah that's a cheapshot) and there's no way to prove otherwise.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:16 PM
retired Goon

Quote:
Thank You.
Short answer:

Not legally in CA.

Long answer:

If this happened before 01-01-2000, then it would have been CA legal.
If this happened between 03-29-2019 and 04-05-2019, then it would have been CA legal.

If this happpens anytime after 1659 hours on 04-05-2019, in CA, then it's illegal.
^Felony for you for giving and felony for him for receiving. [PC 32310(a)]

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Old 04-21-2019, 10:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu2gunstuff View Post
I could be wrong, but I think the whole point of the facepalm is that you actually posted the question on a public forum instead of relying on the state's burden of proof in a system of due process.

Pretty much this

I’ll add one:

https://www.activejunky.com/invite/238017

—“Who, that fuggin’ nobody?

—“That fuggin’ nobody........was John Wick!
Old 04-21-2019, 10:29 PM
Banned

Funny thing, how law-abiding gun owners are almost TOO law abiding.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:36 PM

Location: Kabul, Bangkock, Amman, in-the air most of the time.

You already know the answer to your question, and so does everybody reading your post. Why would you post this, and why would anyone suggest a course of action? Makes me question your motivation. This post and the silly responses damages the credibility of the Forum. The Mods should be slapping you silly and shutting you down.

Last edited by Ishootforblood; 04-21-2019 at 10:44 PM..
Old 04-22-2019, 9:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishootforblood View Post
You already know the answer to your question, and so does everybody reading your post. Why would you post this, and why would anyone suggest a course of action? Makes me question your motivation. This post and the silly responses damages the credibility of the Forum. The Mods should be slapping you silly and shutting you down.
I came to this “forum” asking a question which I did not have the answer to hoping people who know more that I do would give me some guidance.
But apparently the only people allowed to post here are mercenaries, special ops members and highly experienced gun owners like yourself.

Mods, yes, please shut down my thread and deleted since asking newbie questions is highly against the rules of this forum and it insults the credibility of the knowledge of these weapons experts.

Can anyone guide me to a newbie forum?
Old 04-22-2019, 10:09 AM
Banned

Tangojay no hard feelings...but if you research the legislative gun control history in America I think you'll come to understand our paranoid perspective.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:12 AM
Calguns Addict

No...
Old 04-22-2019, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member

Tangojay and newbies shouldn't be criticized for asking. The people needing an education are the ones suggesting that he breaks the law.
I never practiced criminal nor firearms law.Do not rely on my post, but consult your own attorney.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy65 View Post
Tangojay and newbies shouldn't be criticized for asking. The people needing an education are the ones suggesting that he breaks the law.
As a free man/woman, we should all consider the existence of illegal laws. Your risk acceptance might vary, of course, but the concept should be understood and considered.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:31 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
The people needing an education are the ones suggesting that he breaks the law.
Especially since there's a good chance that this whole thing is a set up. The OP's initial post is about as subtle as someone going into OT and asking, "Hey, does anyone know where I can score some drugs?"

Old 04-22-2019, 10:41 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I came to this “forum” asking a question which I did not have the answer to hoping people who know more that I do would give me some guidance.
Kind of like when you came to this "forum" to ask about registering someone else's gun in your name? https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1292232

Old 04-22-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
Kind of like when you came to this "forum" to ask about registering someone else's gun in your name? https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1292232
You forgot where I posted that I am also a CCW holder, did you read in the thread that I am retired USAF? That it had been in storage for years? By the way, I turned the weapon in,,, not worth loosing my current career over a couple of hundred bucks,,, but again thank you for proving my point that unless your a good old boy your not allowed to ask questions to expand the knowledge.
To those that gave me a straight answered I thank you.

Last edited by tangojay; 04-22-2019 at 11:25 AM..
Old 04-22-2019, 12:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Thumbs up

Quote:
QFT

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Old 04-22-2019, 12:21 PM

Rwoooosh
Old 04-22-2019, 2:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor McRifle View Post
Especially since there's a good chance that this whole thing is a set up. The OP's initial post is about as subtle as someone going into OT and asking, "Hey, does anyone know where I can score some drugs?"
Given what he said about it being left with him long ago and not being able to contact the owner, he asked if he could register it or if he needed to surrender it. Many would have concluded that by not coming back for it or contacting the OP meant it as a gift to them, but the OP was basically asking what was the right thing to do.
I never practiced criminal nor firearms law.Do not rely on my post, but consult your own attorney.
Closed Thread