Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Bay Area Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2018, 8:44 AM

Default Crossroads of the west @ Cow Palace

Anyone think this is worth going to? I know over the years this event has fallen into the shadow of its former glory but I'm curious if anyone still enjoys going to them.

Last edited by checkplease; 09-22-2018 at 8:56 AM..
Old 09-22-2018, 8:46 AM

Haven’t been in awhile, I used to go for load-x reloads even if the rest of the show sucked but now they have raised their prices so much they aren’t worth purchasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-23-2018, 9:11 PM

Cow palace gun show will be banned soon.
Old 11-06-2018, 6:06 PM

Always find something to spend my hard earned money on there. Bastards.
Old 11-10-2018, 6:14 PM
In Memoriam

Anyone go to the CowPalace show today? Looking for local intel.
-g
Old 11-10-2018, 7:23 PM

They have January on the calendar online. I don’t think the new session of the legislature will start or pass a bill soon enough to sign and ban that one. I would have to look up the Capitol calendar, but don’t care to look at them.

I’m going Sunday mainly because I have a pass and it expires. Email with email and phone if you want to try to get my extra, but only if you were going anyway and just hope to save some $, instead of counting on it, because I would go in the afternoon. Coming from Millbrae.
Old 11-10-2018, 7:34 PM
In Memoriam

Son and I are meeting friends at about 9:30am.
Thanks for the offer, maybe another time.
-g
Old 11-11-2018, 4:11 PM

I was told since Brown vetoed the bill to ban gun shows at the Cow Place that they will be holding them for at least 2 years. No other information. With Newscum anything can happen.

NRA Life Member: Benefactor
Calguns Supporter
CRPA Supporter
Second Amendment Foundation Life Member Defender Club
Old 11-11-2018, 5:35 PM
In Memoriam

The joker will try and be creative and do away with the CP show asap for sure. The DB will step in it at every opportunity he gets because he thinks he's just is doing so... and the sheep shall nuzzle his sac.
-g
Old 11-11-2018, 11:57 PM

Just a heads up:

If you bought any 5.56 at the gun show in bandoliers, check the headstamp closely on the the rounds.

I purchased two such bandoliers from two different vendors, and both of them were quite suspect.

One of them (120 rounds, 4 pocket bandoliers, sold for $40) was advertised to me as British Radway Green M193. Seller was also selling a variety of unpackaged pistol magazines. Upon checking the headstamps (after buying the ammo - stupid on my part, I know), I discovered that the ammo had a "AD 99" headstamp, along with red primer sealant.

My research showed that that was Adcom (UAE, United Arab Emirates) manufacture ammo - 1999, they had a bad lot from bad QC, resulting in numerous popped primers. Even more concerningly - the bullets on this ammo didn't seem to attract a magnet. (I will test with a stronger neodymium magnet when I get the chance). The original Adcom ammo was all 62 grain M855, with the steel penetrators - indicating that this is likely reloads.

The other bandolier (sold by a guy who was also selling 7.62 NATO in bandoliers, as well as a variety of empty casings) was a 7-pocket, Vietnam era model - 140 rounds total. This ammo was advertised to me as Lake City...but upon inspection, 40 rounds were FNM 80-2 headstamped: Portuguese military surplus. That should be safe to fire - but the remaining 100 were headstamped with "TW" and a variety years, loaded with silver primers, and looked to have had the primer crimp removed: indicating reloads.

I won't risk my life, limbs, or equipment on these rather suspect rounds - if anyone else reading this also bought the bandoliers, thought I'd let you know.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:58 AM

I want to support CA gun shows, I really really do...they just suck SO BAD...and Reno is only 2 hours away lol.
Old 11-12-2018, 9:12 PM

I went on Sunday, lady behind the big ammo stand said they were swamped the day prior but there was no lines when I was there. I'm not too up on prices but 1k case of wolf gold .223 was $269 which puts it in line with online prices. Slim pickings on surplus ammo and good plinking 9mm though, the good deals were sold out and all that was left was WWB.
Old 11-13-2018, 3:46 AM

I was there on Saturday from 10:30 to 12:30. No lines for ammo. You could pretty much walk up and be helped right away. I was told that the show will be there in 2019 & 2020 with Brown vetoing SB-221 which would have banned sales of ammo at the Cow Palace. With Newscum at the helm who knows what will happen.

NRA Life Member: Benefactor
Calguns Supporter
CRPA Supporter
Second Amendment Foundation Life Member Defender Club