Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Firearms Sales - Handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Firearms Sales - Handguns For the private sale of handguns. Read the rules before posting.

Old 01-18-2021, 4:14 PM

Default Strandrunner backs out last minute

I made a deal with this person agreeing to his asking price for a Benelli M4. In the process of contacting the gun store for a PPT he sends me a text saying the deal is off because his sister wants the gun. He had also offered the ammo for the gun at an additional cost but backed out of that as well.
Old 01-18-2021, 4:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiddster View Post
I made a deal with this person agreeing to his asking price for a Benelli M4. In the process of contacting the gun store for a PPT he sends me a text saying the deal is off because his sister wants the gun. He had also offered the ammo for the gun at an additional cost but backed out of that as well.

This thread is for scam related behavior, not changes of heart. It's bad form to back out, but it is not a threat to the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2021, 7:35 PM

This guy Snkennedyrichard posted an M&P shield. Said hes going out of town until february and would like a $100 deposit via cashapp. This person also reached out to other members asking for $100 deposit or BTC. looked up the name and the same gun/user is posted in different states/sites.
Old 01-28-2021, 4:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

team-
We are seeing these scammers get deleted and come back with the same Phone # and Email. They are lazy - and that is good.

When posting a scammer- please include the telephone # and Email address.

why?

When their profile is deleted- their posts are gone... at lest in this thread their phone #, Email and name will still be searchable....

I'm tempted to post some WTB just to see if scammers PM me

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Old 02-10-2021, 9:20 AM

Default Buying

Guy’s help me out.. I’m looking to buy I have very little history in here but I do have one positive feedback but should have 2 but the second seller didn’t leave feedback. Any how I’m looking to buy a fairly expensive gun the seller is willing to bring it to my local ffl. But on one condition a $200 deposit? I have never been asked for this he claims it is pretty common practice on here based off his feedback score and my feedback score. I understand both perspectives any thoughts?

I apologize if this is the wrong thread for this.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster83114 View Post
Guy’s help me out.. I’m looking to buy I have very little history in here but I do have one positive feedback but should have 2 but the second seller didn’t leave feedback. Any how I’m looking to buy a fairly expensive gun the seller is willing to bring it to my local ffl. But on one condition a $200 deposit? I have never been asked for this he claims it is pretty common practice on here based off his feedback score and my feedback score. I understand both perspectives any thoughts?

I apologize if this is the wrong thread for this.
Seems fair, I usually ask for a deposit, especially if I’m driving to someone, just in case they don’t show and end up wasting my time. I get to keep the deposit for my gas and time. Just make sure he’s legit with good itrader
Old 02-10-2021, 12:42 PM

I've never asked for, nor would I pay a deposit... but all my transfers have been local.

I did have a flake post a "I'll Take It" and offer cash "tomorrow" so I said sure, and posted sold pending funds. It was about $900 for a high end SIG Sauer.

He texted me the next day that he was called into work for 3 days, and would get back to me... on the second day, I texted him and said we need to set a date and time and location for the transfer.

His reply was that he wasn't sure he wanted it and was going to find a place to rent one to see if he liked it... and he would let me know.

I replied that was totally unacceptable, and that I rejected his offer, and put it right back up for sale...

So, I can see the frustration, but really, that's part of sales.. in my humble opinion...

Last edited by RRRRonald; 02-10-2021 at 1:01 PM..
Old 02-10-2021, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRRRonald View Post
I've never asked for, nor would I pay a deposit...
I just had a possible buyer wanting to buy my AK + ammo package.

I asked for prepayment+200 for me to drive up to him from OC to Eureka.

He said he'd only give 200 deposit for me to take it to him and allow him to inspect and play with my gun and THEN he will decide to buy or not.

I basically told him to fck off. Where do these morons come out from?
Old 02-10-2021, 2:14 PM

Exactly why I said I see both perspectives but on the buyers end what if the seller doesn’t show up? Where is the protection for them?? I just hope we can work out a happy medium I would rather not have to drive 2 hours one way making a total of 8+ hours of just driving.
Old 02-10-2021, 6:40 PM
Banned

I would ask deposit for low/zero iTraders members, my ask deposit is not more than $50, usually just $10/$20. This way I'm covered (gas/time wise) if ghosted.
Old 02-10-2021, 8:32 PM

Angry pancho5martinez

User pancho5martinez tried to solicit me to sell my AK type rifle to him in a parking lot, and to commit fraud by telling my insurance company that I lost it. I have screenshots. THEN, he stole my pictures and tried to scam other users out of $1000-$1200 and falsely sell MY rifle to other users! They showed me screenshots! He is an illegal, dangerous scammer!
Old 02-10-2021, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster83114 View Post
Exactly why I said I see both perspectives but on the buyers end what if the seller doesn’t show up? Where is the protection for them?? I just hope we can work out a happy medium I would rather not have to drive 2 hours one way making a total of 8+ hours of just driving.
Your local FFL is 2+ hours away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLaw View Post
User pancho5martinez tried to solicit me to sell my AK type rifle to him in a parking lot, and to commit fraud by telling my insurance company that I lost it. I have screenshots. THEN, he stole my pictures and tried to scam other users out of $1000-$1200 and falsely sell MY rifle to other users! They showed me screenshots! He is an illegal, dangerous scammer!
Report him by using the red triangle at the top right of his profile.

Last edited by anthracite; 02-10-2021 at 10:47 PM..
Old 02-14-2021, 3:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_O_E_L View Post
Moderators... please block.

Been receiving messages from this scammer...

markleo10301
hello man have you gotten it if not text me for details it's available at a cheaper price(605) 646-3403
markleo10301@gmail.com

Fellow CalGunners beware. Same contact information posted / PM'd every time.
I just got the same message from the same phone number different email.
buyer be aware

RR
" Hello man have you gotten it yet if not text me for details it’s available at a cheaper price 6056463403"stephenzromski567@gmail.com
Old 02-14-2021, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthracite View Post

Report him by using the red triangle at the top right of his profile.
There's no red triangle. I've tried to report him directly, but apparently he's still posting trying to offload his pistol kit. Do the moderators even read these?
Old 02-15-2021, 12:31 AM
RSG Minion, Senior
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLaw View Post
There's no red triangle. I've tried to report him directly, but apparently he's still posting trying to offload his pistol kit. Do the moderators even read these?
Yes, but not as quickly as reporting them.

Some people have a phone set up that doesn’t show the red triangle maybe.
If that is the case, can you go to your home computer?
In the upper right of posts on my phone and my computer I get a red triangle and use those to report problems.
Old 02-17-2021, 4:03 PM

This guy, scottgen8, wanted to sell me a G48 for $400 (1st clue it was a scam) and ship it directly to my house. He used stock pictures from the internet and even sent the wrong pictures (G43X Vs G48). Beware! Total scam artist.

Old 02-20-2021, 4:31 PM

Default Scammer(clementdavid)

This guy i texted tried to get me to tell him how much i had to offer for the gun which in my mind was already a red flag because if you're selling the gun you should know what you want or are willing to let it go for. We texted a bit and his last text made me certain he wasn't legit.

His user name is clementdavid.

Last edited by jtree91; 02-20-2021 at 4:33 PM..
Old 02-21-2021, 9:28 PM

Originally Posted by Alex Quiroz View Post
BEWARE OF THIS GUY:

WHO: goes by “Markleo” his email apparently is markleo10301@gmail.com and his phone number is (605)646-3403.

WHAT: Tried selling ammo (in the WTB forum) and wanted to ship to my house AFTER telling him I’d meet him face to face. Says he’s in Santa Monica.

Mods lmk if there’s other steps I should take to report this guy.

He's still at it.
Markben1300
Dumb **** can't even spell right.
Texting from 6056463403

Trying to sell me primers @3c each. Listed as sus on multiple other threads.

Email: markben1300@gmail.com

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

Last edited by crossout; 02-21-2021 at 9:32 PM..
Old 02-21-2021, 9:30 PM
RSG Minion, Senior
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossout View Post
Originally Posted by Alex Quiroz View Post
BEWARE OF THIS GUY:

WHO: goes by “Markleo” his email apparently is markleo10301@gmail.com and his phone number is (605)646-3403.

WHAT: Tried selling ammo (in the WTB forum) and wanted to ship to my house AFTER telling him I’d meet him face to face. Says he’s in Santa Monica.

Mods lmk if there’s other steps I should take to report this guy.

He's still at it.
Markben1300
Dumb **** can't even spell right.
Texting from 6056463403

Trying to sell me primers @3c each. Listed as sus on multiple other threads.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
The fastest way to get this information to the mods is to hit the red triangle in the upper right of a post or private message.
Old 02-21-2021, 9:32 PM

It's been done!
Old 02-23-2021, 12:15 AM

Hmm, I'm new here, done just one transaction in reloading, hoping to put up a wtb, and trying to understand the process and the risks, and doing my homework.

Neither my slightly old iPhone, on Tapatalk, or my ancient iPad, running GeoVario's iPhone version of the forum, show any red triangles. Further, when I look at profiles, I don't see anyone's join date, and there's nothing about iTrader ratings.

Do I have something turned off, or do I need other software or another platform?
Old 03-03-2021, 3:32 PM

Beware of wantaDPMSupper, goes as Ric.

PM'd me that he will take my listing (twice). Listing is marked as FIRM and at an above-market for a reason (stated in the listing). comments like "i don't want to cough up extra money" were the first red flags. I politely declined all his offers.

Contacted me several times via text over a span of 2 weeks, complaining about the price, I stated that I am not going down in price for a reason. Started insulting me in texts, when I called to discuss, didn't pick up, but replied via text that he has nothing to talk about.

Just beware, he is a complete nutcase. His listed number is area code 520 and is a google voice number.

Last edited by gman46; 03-03-2021 at 3:35 PM..
Old 03-03-2021, 4:40 PM

Username Malebiag
PayPal: nanqiao1314@outlook.com
Wanted $20/box of 6.5 prc, wouldn't take a picture of the ammo as proof of ownership/prove that it's his ammo. Claimed he was a disabled vet and that his son wasn't around to handle that. Just too many things pointing to scammer.
Old 03-04-2021, 4:46 PM

Default Possible scammer: "walbermicheal"

This guy PM'ed me in response to my WTB thread for 9mm ammo. No forum posts, and just signed up yesterday. I didn't respond to him.

Hello,I got this for sale at good price,here is my email walbermicheal@gmail.com, message me if you are interested?

Sent from my Infinix X650B using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2021, 5:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beedee View Post
This guy PM'ed me in response to my WTB thread for 9mm ammo. No forum posts, and just signed up yesterday. I didn't respond to him.

Hello,I got this for sale at good price,here is my email walbermicheal@gmail.com, message me if you are interested?

Sent from my Infinix X650B using Tapatalk
If you google inifinix, you'd find that that is one of the common phones in Nigeria.
Old 03-05-2021, 5:41 AM

The walbermichael person also sent me the exact same message yesterday in response to my WTB post about a Colt.

Last edited by OM86; 03-05-2021 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: Misspelled word
Old 03-08-2021, 3:07 PM

Default almost got scammed by allenykeyz

almost got scammed my this guy allenykeyz. mods, please close this guys account. i was able to stop them since i sent money with paypal and paypal held the funds.
Old 03-09-2021, 9:36 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

User "shomurray" for the usual WTB scam.

Old 03-09-2021, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
almost got scammed my this guy allenykeyz. mods, please close this guys account. i was able to stop them since i sent money with paypal and paypal held the funds.
Sneaking suspicion that allenykeyz is also rhinopriest.
Old 03-16-2021, 1:38 PM

Default Beware of buyer/seller

Be wary of this guy “poncho5martinez”. He is up to no good. He originally asked if I could send him more photos. When I asked specifically what he would like to see, I got a very generic response. He also asked for photos of whatever else I might want to sell..

Last edited by JonChimpo; 03-16-2021 at 1:52 PM..
Old 03-19-2021, 9:08 PM

Complete scammer. Tried to sell me a rollsizer but told him I wasn't going to buy from someone in LA who was going to "ship" me an item who joined 3 months ago, no itrader score, and no posts. He was going to introduce me to a friend in the Bay Area and tried to pay the Google Voice scam with me. 100% scammer.

anderson434
701-402-6723
Old 03-21-2021, 11:21 PM

Beware of this username cpdean using telephone no. +1 (408) 650-6257 Venmo kisssmecos34@gmail.com. WTB SCAMMER
Old 03-22-2021, 6:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garoy45 View Post
Beware of this username cpdean using telephone no. +1 (408) 650-6257 Venmo kisssmecos34@gmail.com. WTB SCAMMER
Someone report CPDEAN. Looks like he has successfully scammed 2 users.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:09 AM

Pancho5martinez
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14FE0441-9E99-4D7A-942A-9D7DF3027B4E.jpg (9.1 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg 9723D9C5-83D2-4EDB-A80B-5EE36A3565D2.jpg (9.1 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg 7987FA10-0A75-4339-A452-3536ABB496FF.jpg (8.0 KB, 122 views)
Old 04-02-2021, 8:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHO 510 View Post
Pancho5martinez

Can those pictures be any more blurred? Ol’ Poncho is a player.

Old 04-11-2021, 7:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestone1 View Post
FightOn2 is posting a 'funny' deal with pay me first as FFL collecting and I'll get you and seller together somewhere else other than OP location. OP posting is LaVerne, claims seller (friend) is in Oceanside, near me. How convenient, except payment in Venmo or Zelle requested first.
Tell him to stop wasting oxygen.
Old 04-12-2021, 8:02 AM

Default Beware of douglasscopeland0 in WTB thread

Beware of douglasscopeland0 he sent me this reply to my WTB for a Taurus 692 in 357 mag. Seems very sketch, profile only a day old at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasscopeland0
Hello buddy I know of someone who have some for sale in good condition and fair price,kindly shot a PM to bobharry224@gmail.com for a better conversation with pictures if Interested
Thanks

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2021, 8:19 AM

04-13-2021, 9:12 AM

Default available
I have have what you need available,if you need it you can text me on ********** *********

Sent from my Infinix X657B using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2021, 8:24 AM

Report these guys via the small red triangle to the top right of their posts.
Old 04-13-2021, 8:34 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14U2C View Post
04-13-2021, 9:12 AM

Default available
I have have what you need available,if you need it you can text me on ********** *********

Sent from my Infinix X657B using Tapatalk
Haha just got a message from him. Reported!

He’s even looking at this very thread now :

8A96B2DB-8F89-4EEF-91C8-EDDE0535161C.jpg

iTrader